Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 881 882 883 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-28 15:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost as if crazy extremists with crazy views do crazy things. Color me shocked.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-28 15:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Color me shocked
That's racist!
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-28 15:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The guy had a rainbow flag in his room! Therefore we should ban the rainbow flag now right? It's a symbol of hate after all.

It is a symbol of division. The division of butt cheeks that is. Zing!
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-28 15:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Let's end racism 30 pages later. Let's talk about how we are going to stop talking about racism !

We'll settle it with a good old fashioned football game. Then we'll dump gatorade over our heads, pound some beers, eat hot pockets then go to sleep.

There. racism solved.

If the NFL is anything to go by, concussing a bunch of grown men doesn't seem like the best way to fix anything...

Ugh. And don't get me started on that. ***...Steelers...signing Michael Vick...arrr....

Mad about him killing dogs that is tame compared to what other NFl players do rape and domestic violence !

I'm sorry but people are more important than dogs. And I love dogs especially golden retrievers.

I loved Vick when he was an Eagle. Now he is a dog murdering pig and the Steelers should be ashamed.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-28 15:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I don't watch the NFL for a moral compass though I watch it cause what else is on Sunday at 1 pm ?

I can't fault anyone who legitimately thinks this way.

But knowing these pieces of ***are making millions of dollars a year to play a game and get away with terrible things really doesn't sit well with me.

you know. Those damn feelings again.

Edit: Also, Netflix and Amazon Prime never close.

I've looked for an NFL alternative there is nothing on Sunday afternoon. And no I don't consider Netflix an option any day of the week ! I don't like movies that much though.

What, too good for Feed the Children paid programming?

I prefer the Ronco roaster paid program !

YouTube Video Placeholder

I remember feeling like I was going to puke watching him make Ron's 2 Minute Clam Sauce for his pasta maker informoercial
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-28 15:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
The guy had a rainbow flag in his room! Therefore we should ban the rainbow flag now right? It's a symbol of hate after all.

It is a symbol of division. The division of butt cheeks that is. Zing!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-28 16:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Return of the Zim Zam:

A real class act.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-08-28 16:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Return of the Zim Zam:

A real class act.
I thought he was in prison for something unrelated to murdering a kid.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 17:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Return of the Zim Zam:

A real class act.
I thought he was in prison for something unrelated to murdering a kid.

He's been arrested 3 times since the Treyvon trial for various domestic disturbances including threatening his girlfriend with a gun twice and throwing a wine bottle at her after they broke up, but the charges in all 3 were dropped at the request of the victim or when they recanted their story.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-28 17:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgement; for their sins will be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

Hallowed are the Ori.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 17:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgement; for their sins will be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

Hallowed are the Ori.

I'm just surprised that cross isn't burning a hole in his chest.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-28 17:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made into dust.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-28 17:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

But yeah the guy is a total scumbag, hope he goes to prison
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 17:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

He claimed to be the VICTIM of racism, but I haven't looked at his blog or wherever people are pulling his racism from.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 18:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Seriously, this guy was tormented by the poison that is liberalism.

This is a man who burdened himself every time a reporter used the phrase "out in the field" because he felt it was a reference to cotton fields and was therefore a racist micro aggression.

Remember guys and girls it's not "PC" it's "treating people with respect" or else. Micro aggressions will no be tolerated.
Two men tormented by the poison that is conservatism.
Donald Trump Cited as Inspiration in Beating of Homeless Latino, Police Say

What a boring game this is.
You mean the same attack Trump himself condemned, saying that isn't the way to solve problems?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 18:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You can preach hate from coast to coast then just absolve yourself of any responsibility by condemning unstable people's reactions to it.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 18:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
You can preach hate from coast to coast then just absolve yourself of any responsibility by condemning unstable people's reactions to it.
So, when you don't agree with somebody, it's considered hate speech now?

Go figure.

Show me a quote from Trump (with sources please, video and/or audio only) of him saying that we should go beat up random people.

I know you won't find it.

But anyway, if you are attributing this attack on Trump, I can also attribute every single hate crime starting from the Martin case where a black person has attacked white people and/or businesses (aka looting in Ferguson) from Obama's "if I had a son, it would be like him" comment.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 18:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can preach hate. Okay I hate _____ and ____ cause they are ____ !
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-28 18:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

This is a man who burdened himself every time a reporter used the phrase "out in the field" because he felt it was a reference to cotton fields and was therefore a racist micro aggression.

Remember guys and girls it's not "PC" it's "treating people with respect" or else. Micro aggressions will no be tolerated.

You mean the same attack Trump himself condemned, saying that isn't the way to solve problems?
The point was that politically-tangential violence gets ascribed to an ideology when it can simply be explained by people being terrible.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 18:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

Yet the same people who beat the person will hear that and think that the homeless Latino man was a problem they had to solve in the ultimate wisdom of Trump and themselves. A problem that they just shouldn't have solved with violence!

I mean it was trump himself who said a couple of days ago at that press conference where Ramos was booted from. That he would have the illegals that are into crime out of here so fast our heads would spin. Of course people will hear his nonsense and act because a man on fire causes fires.

This whole immigration hatred coming off of a chunk of the Republican party is toxic.

Yea let's go back to hating white people !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 18:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So, when you don't agree with somebody, it's considered hate speech now?

Go figure.

Show me a quote from Trump (with sources please, video and/or audio only) of him saying that we should go beat up random people.

I know you won't find it.

But anyway, if you are attributing this attack on Trump, I can also attribute every single hate crime starting from the Martin case where a black person has attacked white people and/or businesses (aka looting in Ferguson) from Obama's "if I had a son, it would be like him" comment.

The perpetrator attributed it to Trump. Trump said the Mexican government was sending rapists and murderers over the border. That's hate speech.
By fonewear 2015-08-28 18:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the legal threshold for hate speech is a bit higher than that...
By fonewear 2015-08-28 18:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is not inspiring hatred or violence towards Mexico...

What is not protected by the first amendment are "fighting words"

There are certain well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting words" those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality.

Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire, 1942
By fonewear 2015-08-28 18:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So you may not like what Trump is saying but to elevate it to hate speech is ridiculous.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 18:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is not inspiring hatred or violence towards Mexico...

What is not protected by the first amendment are "fighting words"

There are certain well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting words" those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality.

Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire, 1942

1. Hate speech may have a legal application, but it isn't exclusive to legal proceedings.

2. Freedom of speech protects you from criminal prosecution and censorship from the government, not from responsibility, monetary or otherwise.

There are consequences to preaching hate like he is, and those consequences are often paid by innocent bystanders at the hands of unstable people.
By fonewear 2015-08-28 18:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me know when Trump is promoting violence towards Mexico I can wait !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 881 882 883 ... 1375 1376 1377