Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 875 876 877 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-28 01:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
His motive is his motive. You can't just supply your own.

He was a vile racist as well.

Everyone is a vile racist when they're a different color than you.
Especially Jassic...
I've never trusted you purple bars!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 01:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
EXACTLY! Now lets say there were enough people just like this guy, or lets say the media makes it out to be that there are. Then public opinion would suddenly change on what is presently being supported. Laws shouldn't be so easily manipulated by news media, but they are. The news media ultimately decides the fate of our country and this should be alarming!

The news media doesn't determine the laws, they are a reflection of the disgusting addiction the viewers have with drama and outrage.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-28 01:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

EXACTLY! Now lets say there were enough people just like this guy, or lets say the media makes it out to be that there are. Then public opinion would suddenly change on what is presently being supported. Laws shouldn't be so easily manipulated by news media, but they are. The news media ultimately decides the fate of our country and this should be alarming!

And too often people who think this are driven right into the anti-media media... who ultimately brainwash them too. People need to stop trusting cults of personality.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-28 01:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The news media doesn't determine the laws, they are a reflection of the disgusting addiction the viewers have with drama and outrage.
They have much stronger pull than you may realise. Consider how most people take things at face value and believe everything they are told instead of thinking and discerning the information for their self's, and even if they do this. The info has been so cleverly sculpted that the outcome is exactly as the news media wanted it to be.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-28 01:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't tell if that was a personal attack or an uncharacteristic general line of thinking for you.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 01:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They have much stronger pull than you may realise. Consider how most people take things at face value and believe everything they are told instead of thinking and discerning the information for their self's, and even if they do this. The info has been so cleverly sculpted that the outcome is exactly as the news media wanted it to be.

The news media has less pull than interest groups by a long shot. The public doesn't determine the laws, politicians and judges do, and they are beholden to the dollars that buy the press attention they need to get and stay in office.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 01:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Can't tell if that was a personal attack or an uncharacteristic general line of thinking for you.

It's the royal you.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-28 01:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The news media has less pull than interest groups by a long shot. The public doesn't determine the laws, politicians and judges do, and they are beholden to the dollars that buy the press attention they need to get and stay in office.
I agree with that. But the pull the news media uses is designed to keep us in a useless state.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-28 01:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with that. But the pull the news media uses is designed to keep us in a useless state.

Florida?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 01:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's designed to keep us watching, so we can then go to a big box store and buy up all the products advertised.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-28 04:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole thread is purple now.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-08-28 05:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially Jassic...
Never trust a turtle burger.
By fonewear 2015-08-28 06:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
This whole thread is purple now.

Purple is the new... purple !
By Bloodrose 2015-08-28 06:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Florida?
The most useless state: Denial.

A.K.A.: Florida. (And Texas)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-28 06:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

*sighs* Prepare to be shred to bits, you know what happens when you dare soil the name of Texas around here...
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-08-28 06:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Texas sucks.

Sincerely,
An Okie. :)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 06:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Did somebody soiled the good name of Texas around here?

[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-08-28 07:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Did somebody soiled the good name of Texas around here?

can I say shots fired?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 07:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

way to ruin a joke BR!

Don't ask, just do it!
By Bloodrose 2015-08-28 07:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
way to ruin a joke BR!

Don't ask, just do it!
THAT WAS THE JOKE AND YOU RUINED IT!
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-28 09:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not even sure what you mean by this but the shooter in this case was in fact a racist, by his own words.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 09:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not even sure what you mean by this but the shooter in this case was in fact a racist, by his own words.

It was meant to give perspective. Things only seem racist if they're coming from a different angle. Otherwise, they're just speaking the truth and we need a law to protect them from being accused of racism.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 09:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It was meant to give perspective. Things only seem racist if they're coming from a different angle. Otherwise, they're just speaking the truth and we need a law to protect them from being accused of racism.
As long as the law is enforced for both sides of the argument.

Racism is not a one-way street. Unfortunately, it is prosecuted as it was a one-way street...
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-28 09:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

False. Racists know that they are racists and they agree with racist statements knowing full well that they are racist statements.

This is one of those you arguing for the sake of arguing things again I see. Read his own words. He was an unabashed racist.

(I see what you are trying to do and failing)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 10:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember boys and girls:

It's ok to be outraged by everything, except when you agree with whatever you would normally be outraged.

A bunch of people killing one another? Outraged, unless it's for a cause you want.

Racists making racial remarks? Outraged, unless it's against the people you racially hate.

Political opponents going after each other? Outrage against the side you fall under.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-28 10:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

False. Racists know that they are racists and they agree with racist statements knowing full well that they are racist statements.

In my experience, some of the most racist people I've met don't think they're racist. They think the people they hate are the ones who are racist.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 10:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is one of those you arguing for the sake of arguing things again I see. Read his own words. He was an unabashed racist.

(I see what you are trying to do and failing)

You're not getting it, champ. I hear people say incredibly racist things daily, using words like "mongrel" or saying "he probably deserved it, you know how those people are". It's not the over-the-top blatantly racist statements I'm talking about, it's the more subtle ones. There is veiled racism in damn near every major news story we discuss in this thread, and the few times it's someone who isn't white that is being racist, there is no question whether they are. It's not "you don't know what he believes", it's immediate certainty with the added flavor of words like "vile". People aren't good at stepping out of their own perspective, that was the whole point of what I was saying. If you want to make it an argument, be my guest.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-28 10:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You know you can't trust those black people cause you don't see them well in the dark!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 10:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You know the best way to stop racism?

Stop making racial remarks!

Trust me, it works!
By Bloodrose 2015-08-28 10:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

But I can keep making race-y remarks right?

Like that guy was running as fast as a cheetah?
First Page 2 3 ... 875 876 877 ... 1375 1376 1377