Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 811 812 813 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 07:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
That's one reason I refuse to live in any neighborhood with a Homeowner Association.

It's one of the first questions on my list for the homes I'm currently looking at.

HoA's are almost universally bad news. At least for me, as a drummer who enjoys jamming with other musicians, grilling enthusiast, and fan of backyard firepit gatherings.

But that said, I can't watch the video right now, all I can do is read the article, and the article says he's using commercial equipment. Which, to me, says he's got an industrial-size BBQ going on in his back yard which could actually produce more-than-slight problems for neighbors in close proximity.

I have a regular largish charcoal grill that I use once or twice a week and while my neighbors are really cool with it, if they weren't I don't know if I could rightly defend myself to the property manager because that sucker does sort of make a lot of smoke for a bit when I light it up that could seriously interefer with others on their back porches.

I can believe that if he's using commercial-grade equipment, and the dominant wind in the area constantly pushes that smoke on one neighbor, there's a problem that needs addressed.

Please keep in mind, I'm only defending here because even this article (from sensationalist site) takes time to note that he's using commercial-grade equipment and that it references the systems restaurants use to control such emissions...which are going to be out of the price range of your average home griller.

Edit: OH. And anything else aside, this is not a "nanny state" issue. This is a dispute between neighbors where the government official(s) involved were required to follow-up on a complaint and determine the appropriate course of action. Maybe the official(s) in question subjectively got the call wrong -- and if anyone is getting cited, I agree that they did -- but this isn't the government (on any level) cracking down on something as a whole.

And while even if they did get this call wrong, I've heard stories of (and even witnessed) some really awful neighbor issues where the local government wouldn't step in. Which is a far, far worse situation, let me tell you.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 07:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Any woman with a gun and Bible is my kind of woman !

Even if she's reading from the parts that aren't exactly nice to women and getting mad about them while she's loading said gun?
By fonewear 2015-07-29 07:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Any woman with a gun and Bible is my kind of woman !

Even if she's reading from the parts that aren't exactly nice to women and getting mad about them while she's loading said gun?

Well Christians forgive so I'm not too worried about it !
By fonewear 2015-07-29 08:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The only religion I won't convert to for a woman is Atheism.

Unless she has really big *** then I'd consider it.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 08:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to say they're overrated, because they're not, they're fun as hell.

But I've come to appreciate all sizes in that regard.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-29 08:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
That's one reason I refuse to live in any neighborhood with a Homeowner Association.

pretty sure that dude said he was with the county. I don't know about the racist bit though. some people are just *** regardless of skin tone. I had a dude from the county come to my place because I was discharging sump pump water into the street. it was unusually wet, & it was the only way to get all the saturation dealt with. anyway, a *** neighbor called & reported me & a similar guy to the video showed up & explained that I had to be 4' away from the curb with my pipe. I said it was temporary & would be gone in a week. our exchange was much shorter than the video. he said he was going to write me up, & I'd have 30 days to move it after I received the letter, I told him it'd be dried out before I received his letter, he told me to move it now, then I suggested in no uncertain terms that he *** off to his office & write his letter.

same *** neighbor reported me for the same ***the next year, I ignored the county guy, and that's the last I've ever heard about it.

tl;dr

*** the county.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-29 09:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Any woman is my kind of woman !

wrong thread foney...maybe try cougarlife
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 09:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

We could have a dating thread but I'm sure it would be a ***fest after page 3 !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-29 09:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We could have a dating thread but I'm sure it would be a ***fest after page 3 !

Blah blah conservative chicks. Blah blah liberal chicks. Blah blah hellfire. Blah blah Donald Trump. Blah blah climate change.

Came for chicks. Left talkin' to ***. ~.~
By fonewear 2015-07-29 09:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no *** in P and R just fine young gentlemen !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-29 09:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We could have a dating thread

no we couldn't
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 09:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We could have a dating thread

no we couldn't

That is precisely why we should !
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 09:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All of whom have...

...look, one way or another, there's a sausage party up in here.
By fonewear 2015-07-29 09:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We have two women on here that claim they are women. That meets the high standards of FFXIAH diversity !
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 10:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gold Is Only Going to Get Worse

Interesting. Pontentially of importance to Chaos to some degree.

Quote:
Sentiment means a lot in the bullion market, where only about 60 percent of what gets mined or recycled each year is used in jewelry and industrial applications. The rest is sold as coins or bars, so when demand from investors dries up, there can be painful consequences for the bulls who remain.

Prices will drop to $984 an ounce before January, according to the average estimate in a Bloomberg News survey of 16 analysts and traders. That would be the lowest since 2009 and a 10 percent retreat from Tuesday’s settlement. Speculators are shorting the metal for the first time since U.S. government data began in 2006, and holders of exchange-traded products are selling at the fastest pace in two years.

I've said for years that gold's biggest value is in its conducting properties and not its "inherent value" as a shiny thing.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-29 10:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We have two women on here that claim they are women. That meets the high standards of FFXIAH diversity !

in the two and a half years you have been posting here you have claimed to be a woman, a man..... and a lasagna.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 10:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

in the two and a half years you have been posting here you have claimed to be a woman, a man..... and a lasagna.

Not to mention human.

I personally bet Fone is some sort of leech-human hybrid that the X-files should be investigating.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-29 10:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

after page 3

That's some mighty fine optimism you're sporting, there.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 10:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What if I told you I'm Bruce Jenner !

I'm a man but I dress up in women's clothes to accept awards for "courage"
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-29 10:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So from now on, Fone is to be known as "Brucetta".
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 10:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
So from now on, Fone is to be known as "Brucetta".

No I'm not a he or a she I'm a human bean !

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-29 10:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should have stuck with lasagna...that was the most believable one...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 10:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should have stuck with lasagna...that was the most believable one...

Well who is to say what anyone is with gender fluidity and all !

Translation:
For some people, gender fluidity extends beyond behavior and interests, and actually serves to specifically define their gender identity. In other words, a person may feel they are more female on some days and more male on others, or possibly feel that neither term describes them accurately.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-29 10:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
House conservative files motion to oust Boehner

Quote:
Meadows’ resolution didn’t hold back.

It states that Boehner tried to “consolidate power and centralize decision-making, bypassing the majority of the 435 members of Congress and the people they represent.” It accuses the speaker of using the “legislative calendar to create crises for the American people, in order to compel members to vote for legislation.” The resolution also charges Boehner with using the Rules Committee to limit amendments.
The “Speaker has, through inaction, caused the power of Congress to atrophy, thereby making Congress subservient to the Executive and Judicial branches, diminishing the voice of the American People,” it reads. “Whereas the Speaker uses the power of the office to punish Members who vote according to their conscience instead of the will of the Speaker.”
GOP in total dysfunction, as usual.
These people are NOT conservatives.

They are burn it down radicals.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-29 10:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti are you now or have you ever been a Republican handicapper ?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-29 10:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The only religion I won't convert to for a woman is Atheism.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-29 10:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

All of whom have...

...look, one way or another, there's a sausage party up in here.

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-29 10:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-29 10:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So, just a question to those fussing over HOAs, do you, yourself, blame the HOA board (who is voted in by residents) or the property management company?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 10:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
So, just a question to those fussing over HOAs, do you, yourself, blame the HOA board (who is voted in by residents) or the property management company?

I think the entire concept is flawed. As for property managers? Manage your own damn property. If you want to pay someone to do it for you personally, do so, but don't require it of everyone who lives near you too.
First Page 2 3 ... 811 812 813 ... 1375 1376 1377