Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 808 809 810 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-27 22:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Just what FFXIAH ordered:
Liz II confirmed for Nazi.

but that was in 1933 when the nazis were still just fervent superpatriots...like the tea party

iirc it was 40 or 41 before they went all final solution bat ***crazy...

1937? wikipedia is wrong? it says ghettos were 39 and camps were 41-45

holocaust

Well, the SoD badges, registrations, and disappearances started as early as 1937. They were already killing gays at that point. Kristallnacht was in November of 38. They started rounding them up en masse and putting them into ghettos in late 38/39. But, as far as I can tell, the "holocaust" as most people know it didn't get into full swing until mid 40.

So, it's sorta depends what you consider "final solution" territory. You have to identify them before you can round them up, 37 was the first step in that process.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-27 22:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
That was a great episode. Just watched it the other day along with the newest one that came out.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-27 22:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
So, it's sorta depends what you consider "final solution" territory.
Loading trains full of Jews off to the ovens. I consider that final solution territory.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-27 22:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So, it's sorta depends what you consider "final solution" territory.
Loading trains full of Jews off to the ovens. I consider that final solution territory.

Then it's 40/41. There's always a planning stage before the execution stage. There were eleven years between the declaration of Independence and the constitution, for example.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-27 22:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There's always a planning stage before the execution stage.
Correct to a degree. But hindsight is always 20/20.

I would say it goes back to 'The Night of the Long Knives' in 1934 then.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-27 22:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If the event sounds like the name of a Slipknot album, it probably was the start of something bad.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-27 22:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you could easily make that case. You could probably tie the whole thing back to the armistice in 1918. But, at least the first major step toward the holocaust would be Kristallnacht, so 38-41 is about as much actual editorial license as you could give.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-27 22:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say it really got going in '39 when Czechoslovakia was occupied by the Nazis and Heydrich just slaughtered the Czechs and expanded his program to include pretty much everyone.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-27 22:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you could easily make that case. You could probably tie the whole thing back to the armistice in 1918. But, at least the first major step toward the holocaust would be Kristallnacht, so 38-41 is about as much actual editorial license as you could give.
Fair enough. The hyperinflation of the Weimar Republic didn't help things either.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-27 22:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
If the event sounds like the name of a Slipknot album, it probably was the start of something bad.

I want this embroidered on a throw pillow.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-27 23:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
That was a great episode. Just watched it the other day along with the newest one that came out.

If you look like him I will never listen to a word you have to say. If you look like him I can tell you your exact stance on every issue, the car you drive, the music you like, your home decor, everything.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-27 23:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really Godwin when your are talking about Iran and a nuclear bomb. They kinda really want to erase Israel from the map and kill every Jew living there. They were chanting Death to Israel in the streets after agreeing to this deal.

Why is everyone trying to stop Iran from getting a nuclear bomb anyway?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-27 23:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
If you look like him I will never listen to a word you have to say. If you look like him I can tell you your exact stance on every issue, the car you drive, the music you like, your home decor, everything.
Looks are a superficial quality so I'm not sure how that has anything to with anything.

You want a better idea of my stance on issues, look at my post history instead.

Just because I agree with [some of] the issues like Oliver and Stewart bring up does not mean I agree with the common mainstream liberal solutions.

EDIT: Just for fun I'd love to see you guess at my exact stance on every issue, tell me what kind of car I drive, the music I listen to, and especially my home decor.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-27 23:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt most people would guess that John Oliver's wife enlisted after 9/11 and was a combat medic who volunteered for a second tour.

He's a comedian with a liberal ideology, not a political pundit.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-28 01:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 06:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt most people would guess that John Oliver's wife enlisted after 9/11 and was a combat medic who volunteered for a second tour.

He is British therefore he is wrong about everything !
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-28 07:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks are a superficial quality so I'm not sure how that has anything to with anything.

You want a better idea of my stance on issues, look at my post history instead.

Just because I agree with [some of] the issues like Oliver and Stewart bring up does not mean I agree with the common mainstream liberal solutions.

EDIT: Just for fun I'd love to see you guess at my exact stance on every issue, tell me what kind of car I drive, the music I listen to, and especially my home decor.

By "you" I meant anyone that wears that silly hipster pseudointellectual costume that John Oliver wears.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-28 07:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He, like John Stewart, is part of a liberal propaganda machine that hides behind the word comedy. Their job is simply mockery. Make fun of anyone not toeing the far-left line, brutally and relentlessly, so no one admits to disagreeing with liberals.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-28 07:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this thought too, but I don't think he's saying he can do that for everyone, just for that particular "look".

It'd be impressive to see anyone gauge exactly anything about me by how I dress/look.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-28 07:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

He, like John Stewart, is part of a liberal propaganda machine that hides behind the word comedy. Their job is simply mockery. Make fun of anyone not toeing the far-left line, brutally and relentlessly, so no one admits to disagreeing with liberals.

I think you may be at least, in part, only looking at what John Stewart has had to work with in the past decade+.

He's layed hard into both parties at various points in the past.

Edit: Hell, it'd be impressive if someone could even guess how I actually vote or act IRL based on how I act here. There's a decided differnce between arguing ideology on the internet and how you act in your day to day.

At least, there is for me.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-28 07:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

BREAKING NEWS while you were sleeping:

Canada declares war on the American League acquiring Troy Tulowitzki from the Colorado Rockies.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-28 07:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Canada declares war on the American League acquiring Troy Tulowitzki from the Colorado Rockies.

Eh, that trade didn't really make a ton of sense for either team, unless Tulo's going to be a relief pitcher or something. And no, the corpse of LaTroy Hawkins doesn't count, either.

"Hey, let's swap our perpetually injured shortstops!"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-28 07:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I wish I had the desire or interest to follow baseball any more now that the Buccos are better than they have been in years.

But it's just...so...meh. Boring. It's like smooth jazz; good to have on in the background while you're doing something else. I don't know why. I used to love it when I was a kid, both watching and playing.

Is it Hockeytober yet? ;_;
By fonewear 2015-07-28 07:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Baseball is the best in October when the games actually matter.

Football is still my favorite sport it's a once a week commitment. That is the perfect amount of time in between games.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-28 07:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Baseball is the best in October when the games actually matter.

Everyone else says that about hockey and the playoffs, but I love regular season hockey every bit as much, if not more, given that the refs swalling their *** whistles during the playoffs and let thuggish teams get away with murder.

Kinda wish more international and European leagues were televised in the States. KHL too, for that matter.
By fonewear 2015-07-28 07:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like sports that have 80 plus games. Give me the 16 of football that is plenty for me.

162 baseball games is about 100 too many.

Actually going to a baseball game is 10 times better than watching it on TV.

Baseball isn't really as exciting when you passively watch it on TV.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-28 07:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like sports that have 80 plus games. Give me the 16 of football that is plenty for me.

Hockey's only got 82. Even if you started watching once baseball ends you'd be fine and not miss much league standings wise.

I like football when it's actually being played.

But here's the problem.

Quote:
An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.

An average NFL game: more than 100 commercials and just 11 minutes of play
By fonewear 2015-07-28 07:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I like football when it's actually being played.

But here's the problem.

Quote:
An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.

An average NFL game: more than 100 commercials and just 11 minutes of play

That is why I love it plenty of time to drink beer in between gameplay.

Baseball is a perfect drinking sport too cause nothing happens for about 6 innings then something happens !
By Ramyrez 2015-07-28 07:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That is why I love it plenty of time to drink beer in between gameplay.

What kind of amateur are you? Drinking during action is the best. That's why hockey's great!

Commercial breaks just frequently enough to grab refills.
By fonewear 2015-07-28 07:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What it's like to watch baseball:

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 808 809 810 ... 1375 1376 1377