Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
I think both KN and Jet are full of ***. KN just has more money I guess, so he thinks he's right.

I know you're trolling, but how in any way shape or form am I full of ***?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 22:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Neocons are the killers of hope sir.
I'll learn eventually.

At the very least, even if they manage to annihilate all hope I have, I will be comforted by the fact I actually give a ***about people less fortunate than myself.
inb4 bootstrap myth again
That's the "anyone can become an obscenely wealthy and powerful CEO if they work hard enough" ***, right?
Also requires a lot of knowledge and dedication too.

But if you think that's a myth, tell that to Edward Whitacre, Jr.

He would laugh at your face and call you a fool at the same time.
He'd be laughing on top of the pile of literally thousands and thousands of people who tried and failed no matter how dedicated they were or how hard they worked. Because it's a load of ***. You can't be on top if there aren't people below you.
But, if what you say is a myth, that means that nobody has ever done what you consider is a myth.

Except he did do what you consider to be a myth, him and many other businessmen and women.

Every successful small to medium sized company stared out with one person's dream, and ended up being the success they are. That is literally millions of people who tried and succeeded. Just because you think life it so hard that you should have to work to survive doesn't mean that it is impossible to succeed.
A couple millions successful people out of 300 million is still in the single digit percentile. That means an overwhelming percentage of the populace has NOT achieved that level of success. And are unlikely to. The places on top have this habit of buying out or annihilating smaller places because they can and don't share well with others.

And a again with people being forced to be productive to be allowed to exist.
How many people out of the 300 million even tried? You are one of the 300 million people, have you seriously tried to be successful?

Have you attempted to be successful? Have you even considered and questioned your ability to be successful?

Yes, people try and fail, that is not their calling in life. Not everyone can be a leader, not everyone knows or has the ability to run a business or manage people. But to say that it is impossible to do it is not only showing your willful ignorance, but also your lack of reasoning and your inability to focus on the world around your life.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 22:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way to get wealthy is to inherit that money. All the cool kids are doing it.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody said that it's impossible.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-08-28 22:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

AH, conservatives. They'll make sure you're born but wont help you out ever again. Unless you start making as much money as them.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 22:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
So being wealthy is the only way to be successful ? Not raising a family sending your kids to college watching them get married etc. It is just to chase money.
I never made that correlation.

But I think being successful implies some degree of responsibility towards your family and society.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

you know what, welcome to the solitary spot on my block list

edit: ah, the page is much nicer now.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think both KN and Jet are full of ***. KN just has more money I guess, so he thinks he's right.

Your unreasonable expectations of what it means to live at the bottom of the economic ladder.

And just to nip this in the bud, KN's assumption that everyone is born on equal footing, granted equal opportunity and afforded equal treatment. But *** life variables right, just get good!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 22:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

AH, conservatives. They'll make sure you're born but wont help you out ever again. Unless you start making as much money as them.
Are you naturally ignorant, or did you learn to be stupid?
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Your unreasonable expectations of what it means to live at the bottom of the economic ladder.

And just to nip this in the bud, KN's assumption that everyone is born on equal footing, granted equal opportunity and afforded equal treatment. But *** life variables right, just get good at life!

They aren't unreasonable at all, that is a basic necessity to live and function in society.

Or are you going to tell me that you don't need electricity and food to live?

you already said you don't need medical care to, which is just *** laughable.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 22:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

While we are making demands can I get a government funded PS4 ?

I need it to distract me from how I'll never be successful cause of the rich evil white men.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

While we are making demands can I get a government funded PS4 ?

I need it to distract me from how I'll never be successful cause of the rich evil white men.
voucher is only good for a PSone, congress is behind.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a very entitled sense of what is needed to survive.

I lived without Electricity for 3 years while working so. Too bad?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 22:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And just to nip this in the bud, KN's assumption that everyone is born on equal footing, granted equal opportunity and afforded equal treatment. But *** life variables right, just get good!
And why not? Only person holding you back is yourself. Not your parents, not your teachers, not your boss, not your location, not your government, nobody is holding you back except yourself.

You just have to work at it, some people need to work at it harder than others, that's called natural talent and ability. But anyone and everyone can succeed in life.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 22:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We waste so much tax money the government can spare 400 bucks...

They spent 76 million dollars on a suicide net in San Fran...
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a very entitled sense of what is needed to survive.

I lived without Electricity for 3 years while working so. Too bad?

I don't actually: a place without electricity isn't fit to live in, the place should have been condemned.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 22:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

But at least we all know now that Jet likes to run away from his problems instead of facing them.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

But anyone and everyone can succeed in life.

Including dead people?
By fonewear 2014-08-28 22:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I could prevent suicide without spending 76 million. It's called beer.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 22:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Including dead people?
Point?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-08-28 22:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

When did I say it was impossible? I just acknowledged millions have succeeded.

But while millions have succeeded I'm pretty ***' confident in saying vastly more have failed.

And yeah, I have considered. But no, I'm not a 'leader'. I have no desire to use others to attain my personal monetary goals. I don't have it in me to continuously *** over people in lower stations than myself to maintain the status quo.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

But while millions have succeeded I'm pretty ***' confident in saying vastly more have failed.

And yeah, I have considered. But no, I'm not a 'leader'. I have no desire to use others to attain my personal monetary goals. I don't have it in me to continuously *** over people in lower stations than myself to maintain the status quo.
Oh there you go accusing their masters of *** people over to climb to the top, them's fightin' words son!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I could prevent suicide without spending 76 million. It's called beer.
Is a downer, and actually would cause more people to commit suicide.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Including dead people?
Point?

My point is I just proved you wrong.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-28 22:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And why not? Only person holding you back is yourself. Not your parents, not your teachers, not your boss, not your location, not your government, nobody is holding you back except yourself.

You just have to work at it, some people need to work at it harder than others, that's called natural talent and ability. But anyone and everyone can succeed in life.
Even Nausi was able to acknowledge that circumstances can hinder success in some people more than others. Nausi understands reality better than you do. Think about that.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything's bigger in Texas, including the delusional states and egos.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-08-28 22:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh there you go accusing their masters of *** people over to climb to the top, them's fightin' words son!
Thought I'd already done that with whatever his name is laughing on top of a pile of thousands and thousands of others who failed.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 22:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if I was surrounded by hippies in CA I might want to jump also.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought I'd already done that with whatever his name is laughing on top of a pile of thousands and thousands of others who failed.

True.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if I was surrounded by hippies in CA I might want to jump also.
honestly: me as well.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 1375 1376 1377