Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 739 740 741 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-03 23:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
How do you complain about paying for other people's children while admonishing actions taken to literally prevent that very thing? I would think the cognitive dissonance involved would at least give one a headache.

I know silly me, getting upset when my parental rights are getting striped away I get all defensive. Guess I should just bend over and take it huh.
I guess it is harder to shame kids into obedience when they're allowed responsibility over their own sexuality. That's not MY America!

See you're doing it wrong. Shaming will get you nowhere. I'm not surprised that was your response since that is all you know.

Best to just lock them in the house and not let them socialize with their peers. Better yet, don't tell them anything about sex at all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 23:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
How do you complain about paying for other people's children while admonishing actions taken to literally prevent that very thing? I would think the cognitive dissonance involved would at least give one a headache.

I know silly me, getting upset when my parental rights are getting striped away I get all defensive. Guess I should just bend over and take it huh.
I guess it is harder to shame kids into obedience when they're allowed responsibility over their own sexuality. That's not MY America!

See you're doing it wrong. Shaming will get you nowhere. I'm not surprised that was your response since that is all you know.

Best to just lock them in the house and not let them socialize with their peers. Better yet, don't tell them anything about sex at all.

yup, more extremes should solve the problem.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-03 23:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Love how you guys go all extreme.

I guess Chaosx called it earlier.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So the options are give IUD implants to 12 year olds (without parental consent) in case they have the sex or let them get pregnant?
No, talk with your child about birth control, and the options, and the *physical* benefits and consequences. Help them understand what is involved, and the statistical chances for various consequences. Because they have a high probability of having sex at some point in their lives.

Leave the intangible (i.e. "You'll go to hell for this") crap out of it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-03 23:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, they gotta use hyperbole to defend stupid ideas. Gotta make them look sane somehow.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 23:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Yes, there is also the first column in that table "Explicitly allows minors to consent to services" Please look at the states that allow this.

Quote:
ξ
US Supreme Court rulings have extended privacy rights to include a minor’s decision to obtain contraceptives

Guess your interpretation of "obtain" includes implantation without parental knowledge under the age of 16.

Mine does not.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-04 00:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you didn't want dramatic responses, you probably should have picked a different news article to post.

Quote:
The IUD is known as a long acting reversible contraception, and may even act as an abortifacient. So, a young teen in Seattle can’t get a coke at her high school, but she can have a device implanted into her uterus, which can unknowingly kill her unborn child immediately after conception.

1. Hyperbole equating schools chosing to ban snack machines to allowing minors health rights.

2. Equating IUD's with abortions. If this journal has an issue with IUD's they have an issue with ALL birth control medicines since they act in the same way. Every birth control medicine for women don't allow a fertilized egg to be implanted in the uterus.
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-07-04 00:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Better yet, don't tell them anything about sex at all.

History has shown us time and again that young people won't have sex if they don't know anything about it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 00:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Love how you guys go all extreme.

I guess Chaosx called it earlier.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So the options are give IUD implants to 12 year olds (without parental consent) in case they have the sex or let them get pregnant?
No, talk with your child about birth control, and the options, and the *physical* benefits and consequences. Help them understand what is involved, and the statistical chances for various consequences. Because they have a high probability of having sex at some point in their lives.

Leave the intangible (i.e. "You'll go to hell for this") crap out of it.

Not one time at any point of this discussion has (i.e. "You'll go to hell for this") came up.

The rest of your view is satisfactory however. You must be a good parent.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-04 00:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, there is also the first column in that table "Explicitly allows minors to consent to services" Please look at the states that allow this.

Quote:
ξ
US Supreme Court rulings have extended privacy rights to include a minor’s decision to obtain contraceptives

Guess your interpretation of "obtain" includes implantation without parental knowledge under the age of 16.

Mine does not.

That's nice. Your interpretation doesn't count. There has been more than one court case, and like I said originally, many states have had different court cases.

Since we are having this law issue, looking specifically at WA
overview WA laws regarding minors health rights

Quote:
Minors may obtain or refuse birth control services at any age without the consent of a parent or guardian. RCW 9.02.100(2).
Edit: if you don 't mind stating it, what state do you live in?
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-04 00:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
ξ

Mine does not.
I...what? OK, so what are you really objecting to here?
Birth control in general, or the act of implantation? Because if you have an issue with the implantation part, you probably would have issues with gynecological checkups.
Or if it is the parental knowledge/consent part, that's applicable for all forms of birth control.

So again, what is the basis for your objection?
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 00:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Quote:
ξ

Mine does not.
I...what? OK, so what are you really objecting to here?
Birth control in general, or the act of implantation? Because if you have an issue with the implantation part, you probably would have issues with gynecological checkups.
Or if it is the parental knowledge/consent part, that's applicable for all forms of birth control.

So again, what is the basis for your objection?

The taking my under 16 year old child to see a doctor without my knowledge. How is this so hard to understand? If you want to really get down to brass tacks. Taking my child anywhere without my knowledge is considered kidnapping. I send him/her to school they best be AT school. He/She goes to a sporting event, they best be at said event.

The fact that you people would trust your children to anyone you more than likely do not know says all that needs to be said about your character and state of mind.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-04 00:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so they tell you he/she's going to see the doc. Then what?
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 00:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They are going to "tell" me what to do with "my" children. Not in this country.

See why they want it to be secret?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-04 00:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, another generation who hits voting age never having been able to make a decision of their own and becomes a slave to excess. I'm sure naivety is a desirable trait for young females.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-04 00:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, another generation who hits voting age never having been able to make a decision of their own and becomes a slave to excess. I'm sure naivety is a desirable trait for young females.

Yes, because keeping tabs on them and having some parental control means that they are never able to make a decision of their own. Can you at least try to not go overboard on every comment?
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 00:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the only decision in life requires not informing your parents your school took you to get implanted because you wanted to have sex at the age of 12.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Well, they gotta use hyperbole to defend stupid ideas. Gotta make them look sane somehow.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 00:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, because keeping tabs on them and having some parental control means that they are never able to make a decision of their own. Can you at least try to not go overboard on every comment?

I'm guessing he can't help it. When you got nothing go big or go home right?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-04 00:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you think they circumvent parental consent?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-04 00:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Parents are notoriously bad at knowing what their kids are actually doing. Do you actually think an adult could sufficiently keep tabs on their kids without their kids resenting them to the grave? You CAN'T know what your kids are up to all the time, hence the need to educate them. As far as medical issues, kids should have a say in what happens to them on a legal level. I think an IUD for a 12 year old is a bit extreme, but the opposite is even worse.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-04 01:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm glad you live in a world where the idiotic whims of teenagers need to be catered to, and concerned, mature adults who care for them need to be kept in the dark. I come from Earth, how about you?
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 01:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Be more specific they as in school or they as in child?

Lets do both shall we.

School: They think they are helping.
Child: They want to have sex.

I like how "teach children about sex so they don't get pregnant". Turns into "schools taking children to doctors for birth control without parental knowledge" So they can have sex without getting pregnant.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-04 01:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the deal with the inability to answer simple questions without getting super buttpained?
So they can have sex without getting pregnant.
Heaven forbid.

Why don't we address the situation of teenage sex and pregnancy as it's actually occurring (teenagers are having sex) and not how we'd like it to occur (teenagers shouldn't have sex)?
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 01:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the deal with the inability to answer simple questions without getting super buttpained?
Heaven forbid.

/facepalm.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-04 01:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Heaven forbid.

/facepalm.

I'm sure glad the only negative side effect of sex is pregnancy. How about you, Laconic?
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 01:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't we address the situation of teenage sex and pregnancy as it's actually occurring (teenagers are having sex) and not how we'd like it to occur (teenagers shouldn't have sex)?

Perhaps you should change the topic.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 01:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Heaven forbid.

/facepalm.

I'm sure glad the only negative side effect of sex is pregnancy. How about you, Laconic?

I'm just glad we have all these people that want to make our decisions for us. I don't know how our parents or grandparents did it, all that freedom of choice and all those rights. Who needs that ***when people just tell us what to do, and you know they have our best interests at heart and nothing to gain otherwise. Hell, may as well just let the government raise our children right after birth.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-04 01:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A teenager of sound enough mind to take control of their own reproductive consequences seems more likely to be aware of STDs than, say, a teenager taught to abstain despite all the sex happening anyway.
Perhaps you should change the topic.
Perhaps uuuuuuuuuu should change the topic. Neener neener.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-04 01:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A teenager of sound enough mind

Sorry, lost you there.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 01:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

A teenager of sound enough mind to take control of their own reproductive consequences seems more likely to be aware of STDs than, say, a teenager taught to abstain despite all the sex happening anyway.

Sounds like they would be smart enough to understand that sex leads to pregnancy as well. "odd how none of you mention birth control is not full proof" Abstaining from sex til your out of fracking middle school and well into high school should at least be the argument being made by you people.

I also notice how you "all of you" like to stray away from 12 year old and use minor and teenager instead for your horrible arguments.

Perhaps uuuuuuuuuu should change the topic. Neener neener.
I just realized you are a preteen and benefit the most from this program.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-04 01:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you're just arguing for abstinence again. Not sure why it took so long to just say that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 739 740 741 ... 1375 1376 1377