Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 738 739 740 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Cerberus.Laconic
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 11:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/07/02/schools-implant-iuds-in-girls-as-young-as-6th-grade-without-their-parents-knowing/

Quote:
Middle and high school students can’t get a Coca-Cola or a candy bar at 13 Seattle public schools, but they can get a taxpayer-funded intrauterine device (IUD) implanted without their parents’ consent.
So they are not smart enough to eat and drink for themselves but they can decide to be implanted with an IUD without parental consent OR knowledge! HAHA WTF is going on!

Quote:
When asked if a sixth grader could get an IUD implanted without parental consent, Take Charge told CNSNews.com: “We encourage all Take Charge providers to offer long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs) in their clinics. A young person does not need parental consent to obtain a LARC or any other contraceptive method…If the young person is not choosing abstinence, she would be able to select a LARC and have it inserted without parental consent.
Sounds like rape to me.

Quote:
Take Charge added that “a student who does not want their parents to know they are seeking reproductive health services is allowed to apply for Take Charge using their own income, and if they are insured under their parents’ plan, the insurance would not be billed.”
All I can do is lol at this.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-03 11:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
http://www.lifenews.com/2015/07/02/schools-implant-iuds-in-girls-as-young-as-6th-grade-without-their-parents-knowing/

Quote:
Middle and high school students can’t get a Coca-Cola or a candy bar at 13 Seattle public schools, but they can get a taxpayer-funded intrauterine device (IUD) implanted without their parents’ consent.
So they are not smart enough to eat and drink for themselves but they can decide to be implanted with an IUD without parental consent OR knowledge! HAHA WTF is going on!

Quote:
When asked if a sixth grader could get an IUD implanted without parental consent, Take Charge told CNSNews.com: “We encourage all Take Charge providers to offer long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs) in their clinics. A young person does not need parental consent to obtain a LARC or any other contraceptive method…If the young person is not choosing abstinence, she would be able to select a LARC and have it inserted without parental consent.
Sounds like rape to me.

Quote:
Take Charge added that “a student who does not want their parents to know they are seeking reproductive health services is allowed to apply for Take Charge using their own income, and if they are insured under their parents’ plan, the insurance would not be billed.”
Soda, bad! Sex with 6th graders, good!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-03 11:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-03 13:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
This one is good, but they don't have all the scenes in one picture.
http://funnyjunk.com/Rainbow+filter+kramer/funny-pictures/5599492/
Kinda *** up if you think about the correlation.

Yeah like if one doesn't like the SJC ruling they must be the target of a mob.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-03 13:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Jetackuu said: »
This one is good, but they don't have all the scenes in one picture.
http://funnyjunk.com/Rainbow+filter+kramer/funny-pictures/5599492/
Kinda *** up if you think about the correlation.

Yeah like if one doesn't like the SJC ruling they must be the target of a mob.

Tone down the persecution complex, your bunker isn't finished yet.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-07-03 13:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:
Sounds like rape to me.

Quote:

Well then, even though in my opinion 6th graders are too young to be having sex*, at least they're being safe about it. Hopefully they're being smart enough to also be using condoms.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-03 14:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:
Sounds like rape to me.

Quote:
Soda, bad! Sex with 6th graders, good!
So you both are in favor of pregnant 6th graders?

You would hate Seattle, its one of the most liberal cities in the country.

Eastern WA is more conservative. Has more cows too.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-03 14:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's good they have the tools at their disposal. Whether you want it or not some guys at that age will engage in sexual activities, and putting fingers in your ears and screaming it must not be so is not gonna stop them. Might as well make sure they can do it safely.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-03 21:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So the options are give IUD implants to 12 year olds (without parental consent) in case they have the sex or let them get pregnant?

If that's considered liberal, count me out.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-07-03 21:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So the options are give IUD implants to 12 year olds (without parental consent) in case they have the sex or let them get pregnant?

If that's considered liberal, count me out.
If its considered conservative to openly welcome unwanted children unto WIC,Welfare,and the foster care system then by all means, have at it.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 22:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's considered Conservative to actually raise your children properly and with the knowledge that all actions have consequences.

Unlike the liberal minded parents who think other people should raise AND pay for their children because they have a flag burning/banning they need to organize.

I'd go more into "consequences" but liberals don't understand that word.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Whether you want it or not some guys at that age will engage in sexual activities, and putting fingers in your ears and screaming it must not be so is not gonna stop them. Might as well make sure they can do it safely.

Where exactly are the parents at? Unsupervised preteens/young teens is irresponsible.

Ohh wait. Another word liberals don't understand.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-03 22:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

None of those things are related to political viewpoint... I've started playing a new game, everytime you say "liberals" I replace it mentally with Jews. You should read back what you write like that sometime. You might get an idea of the way rational people see your rants.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 22:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
So you both are in favor of pregnant 6th graders?

You would hate Seattle, its one of the most liberal cities in the country.

Eastern WA is more conservative. Has more cows too.

I'm in favor of parents keeping control of their children and the school keeping out of family affairs.

Luckily, I live where none of this liberal minded crap takes place. The mere mention of anything like this would get you laughed out of the school board meeting. Not to mention if it somehow slipped passed without parents hearing about it, saying there would be hell to pay is putting it lightly.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-03 22:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's considered Conservative to actually raise your children properly and with the knowledge that all actions have consequences.

Unlike the liberal minded parents who think other people should raise AND pay for their children because they have a flag burning/banning they need to organize.

I'd go more into "consequences" but liberals don't understand that word.

Whether you want it or not some guys at that age will engage in sexual activities, and putting fingers in your ears and screaming it must not be so is not gonna stop them. Might as well make sure they can do it safely.

Where exactly are the parents at? Unsupervised preteens/young teens is irresponsible.

Wow, everything in here is a lie, thanks for the entertainment, troll.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 23:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
None of those things are related to political viewpoint... I've started playing a new game, everytime you say "liberals" I replace it mentally with Jews. You should read back what you write like that sometime. You might get an idea of the way rational people see your rants.

I've stared a game as well. Its called how many people can Jassik argue with about the "meaning of something" throughout the top 10 threads.

I lost track tbh because that is all you do.

Just for fun. Name a Conservative that thinks this is a good plan and would sign off on it. Rational people do not think sending 6th graders, hell any grade kid off to let a doctor implant anything into them without the parents knowing is a good idea.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-03 23:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever heard of latch key kids?

Once you hit a certain age most daycares won't take children and most middle schools don't have an after school babysitting program. If both parents are working, the preteens are going to be unsupervized for a few hours.

I know girls who lost their virginity in 7th and 8th grade, usually with high school boys, so maybe my perspective is different. Two of them were pregnant by 15.

Girls develop physically years faster than boys (periods on average start between the ages of 9-11 in the US). Which means they also have raging hormones running rampent through their bodies. I really think more sex and health education needs be taught so they understand these are normal reactions, normal feeling, normal issues. Same when boys start having raging hormones that alter their behaviors and reasoning ability.

While I understand ideally you want to constantly watch your child, in reality that is not going to happen all the time.

I completely agree on raising children to understand their choices have consequences, but I'm not sure why you would rather have a pregnant pre-teen or one who chose to get birth control. That would be the preteen/teen acting responsibly, just not with the morals that you might prefer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 23:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd quote you Kara but your post is messed up. I disagree with nothing you said.

Unless your pro lets take children to get implanted without the parents knowing about it.

See the difference? Its actually kind of huge!
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-03 23:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd quote you Kara but your post is messed up. I disagree with nothing you said.

Unless your pro lets take children to get implanted without the parents knowing about it.

Fixed my post.

It's been upheld by many courts in some states that girls don't need parental permission for some medical care, including contraceptives. I'm not up-to-date on WA laws

I personally don't see an IUD as a good idea for anyone who hasn't had kids yet (there is a chance you can become sterile) but an implant (in the arm) is different.

http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_MACS.pdf
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-03 23:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you complain about paying for other people's children while admonishing actions taken to literally prevent that very thing? I would think the cognitive dissonance involved would at least give one a headache.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 23:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
It's been upheld by many courts in some states that girls don't need parental permission for some medical care, including contraceptives. I'm not up-to-date on WA laws

If by some states you mean 4 with only 1 of those saying 12 year old.

So yeah.. 1 out of 50.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 23:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
How do you complain about paying for other people's children while admonishing actions taken to literally prevent that very thing? I would think the cognitive dissonance involved would at least give one a headache.

I know silly me, getting upset when my parental rights are getting striped away I get all defensive. Guess I should just bend over and take it huh.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-03 23:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on the parents.
Many parents don't have the best interest of their child in mind, full stop.

Many parents don't have the best interest of their child in mind, at least the best interest which can be measured in an empirical fashion.

And parents aren't exactly rational when it comes to the sexuality of their children. As a parent, you aren't going to be able to control when and where your child has sex.

Am I a fan of allowing children to have medicine/procedures made without parental consent, let alone informing the parents? Not especially. But I have an even bigger problem with the parents' ability to deal with the sexuality of their children that makes this even necessary.

And frankly, allowing children to freely select birth control is safer for them than forbidding it entirely.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-03 23:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I know silly me, getting upset when my parental rights are getting striped away I get all defensive. Guess I should just bend over and take it huh.
Take some spelling lessons, anyway.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-03 23:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah.. 1 out of 50.

Where did you get that information?
Quote:
HIGHLIGHTS:

 21 states and the District of Columbia explicitly allow all minors to consent to contraceptive services.

 25 states explicitly permit minors to consent to contraceptive services in one or more circumstances.

 3 states allow minors to consent to contraceptive services if a physician determines that the minor would face a health hazard if she is not provided with contraceptive services.

 21 states allow a married minor to consent to contraceptive services.

 6 states allow a minor who is a parent to consent.

6 states allow a minor who is or has ever been pregnant to consent to services.

 11 states allow a minor to consent if the minor meets other requirements, including being a high school graduate, reaching a minimum age, demonstrating maturity or receiving a referral from a specified professional, such as a physician or member of the clergy.

 4 states have no explicit policy on minors' authority to consent to contraceptive services.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 23:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Love how you guys go all extreme.

I guess Chaosx called it earlier.

Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-03 23:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it is harder to shame kids into obedience when they're allowed responsibility over their own sexuality. That's not MY America!
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 23:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah.. 1 out of 50.

Quote:
HIGHLIGHTS:

 21 states and the District of Columbia explicitly allow all minors to consent to contraceptive services.

 25 states explicitly permit minors to consent to contraceptive services in one or more circumstances.

 3 states allow minors to consent to contraceptive services if a physician determines that the minor would face a health hazard if she is not provided with contraceptive services.

6 states allow a minor who is or has ever been pregnant to consent to services.

 11 states allow a minor to consent if the minor meets other requirements, including being a high school graduate, reaching a minimum age, demonstrating maturity or receiving a referral from a specified professional, such as a physician or member of the clergy.

 4 states have no explicit policy on minors' authority to consent to contraceptive services.

Scroll down to the lovely graph and realize that not every state agrees on what age "minor" is.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-03 23:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the ends don't always justify the means. Sometimes stupid methods are put forth in an attempt to attain intelligent goals.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-03 23:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah.. 1 out of 50.

Quote:
HIGHLIGHTS:

Scroll down to the lovely graph and realize that not every state agrees on what age "minor" is.
Yes, there is also the first column in that table "Explicitly allows minors to consent to services" Please look at the states that allow this.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-03 23:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it is harder to shame kids into obedience when they're allowed responsibility over their own sexuality. That's not MY America!

See you're doing it wrong. Shaming will get you nowhere. I'm not surprised that was your response since that is all you know.
First Page 2 3 ... 738 739 740 ... 1375 1376 1377