Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-27 14:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Regulations have the same effect as laws and regulatory compliance is compulsory so this:
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It is not illegal to disregard their regulations, just as it is not legal to adhere to it.
is still plain wrong. The semantics don't change anything.

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You're all wet Pleebo, Governments have/are much WORST stewards of the environment than any business.
k

I think this would make a better avatar for you:
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-27 15:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Regulations have the same effect as laws and regulatory compliance is compulsory so this:
It is not illegal to disregard their regulations, just as it is not legal to adhere to it.

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You're all wet Pleebo, Governments have/are much WORST stewards of the environment than any business.
k

I think this would make a better avatar for you:

are we talking about the military as in Vieques?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 15:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice to see that all forms of law is another thing you have no clue of.

Which begs to question, what do you know? Apparently listing out what you do know is easier than what you do not know.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-27 15:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Corporations are like people, sure there are some bad ones out there, but the majority of them are just trying to get through each day. If you're going to start being paranoid of everyone around you over a few bad apples, better start moving into a bomb shelter now and load up on supplies.
This argument doesn't hold up. It only takes a handful of businesses to royally *** the environment (or economy, as recently demonstrated) in ways that could be difficult or impossible to reverse and could result of serious, long-term damage to human populations. So yes, one bad apple does ruin the bunch.

There is absolutely no reason to trust that a business, any business, will be expected to conform to sensible environmental policy when there is zero impetus to do so and/or when skullfucking natural resources is more profitable unless we're going to start pretending that people are generally paragons of long-term rationality.
I sense the citizens united case reference was lost on you.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 15:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Corporations are like people, sure there are some bad ones out there, but the majority of them are just trying to get through each day. If you're going to start being paranoid of everyone around you over a few bad apples, better start moving into a bomb shelter now and load up on supplies.
This argument doesn't hold up. It only takes a handful of businesses to royally *** the environment (or economy, as recently demonstrated) in ways that could be difficult or impossible to reverse and could result of serious, long-term damage to human populations. So yes, one bad apple does ruin the bunch.

There is absolutely no reason to trust that a business, any business, will be expected to conform to sensible environmental policy when there is zero impetus to do so and/or when skullfucking natural resources is more profitable unless we're going to start pretending that people are generally paragons of long-term rationality.
I sense the citizens united case reference was lost on you.
A lot of things is lost with Pleebo.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-27 21:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Aug. 27 will officially go down as a red letter day in the history of reserve currencies and dollar hegemony in how oil and gas are purchased throughout the world. In a new announcement from the Russian business media source, Kommersant, Gazprom has conducted the first sale of oil in a currency other than the dollar, and will henceforth open their purchase window to accept both Roubles and Yuan for the exchange of oil and gas products.

Beginning today with an 80000 ton oil shipment from their Arctic fields, Gazprom Neft agreed to new terms on the sale and transfer of oil through the Eastern Siberian-Pacific Ocean pipeline (ESPO) to China, and facilitating the future sale of oil and gas to both Europe and China through a currency other than the dollar. And although this is not the first real transaction for oil done outside the petro-dollar, as this occurred covertly by Iran for gold during the days of economic sanctions, it is the first official global offering by a major oil producer and will likely bring an end to the solitary system of nations being forced to buy dollars first before buying oil from producers such as OPEC and Russia.
Petro-dollar era is officially over as Gazprom begins sales in Yuan and Rouble
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 21:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah: doubt it's going to change much as long as Russia is still acting like a bunch of tards.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-27 22:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone ready to pay 40-70 cents more for gas to curb the dreaded climate change? California is!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/27/california-hidden-gas-tax/

I sure hope the whole nation catches onto this I would really love to pay even more money for a gallon of gas. All while saving the planet from something that isn't based on cold hard facts, but bought and paid for theory's.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 22:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh climate-change deniers and their delusions again...
By Altimaomega 2014-08-27 22:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Oh climate-change deniers and their delusions again...

Excellent retort as always keep up the good work!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 22:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't expect logic from somebody who keeps improperly using the term "theory."
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-27 22:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Everyone ready to pay 40-70 cents more for gas to curb the dreaded climate change? California is!!

I sure hope the whole nation catches onto this I would really love to pay even more money for a gallon of gas. All while saving the planet from something that isn't based on cold hard facts, but bought and paid for theory's.

You're going to spend 40-70 cents a gallon more in the coming years no matter what, we should be celebrating that it's going toward modernizing infrastructure and limiting the amount of crap our children will have to breathe.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-27 22:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not deflect to whether or not climate change is a thing. The California law looks pretty stupid regardless.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 22:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the *** you posted: it seems like the corporations that are reaping profits out the *** are going to pass the tax to the end consumer, instead of cutting into their ridiculously high bottom line (like they should).

Not to mention that I've always considered regular gas taxes to be asinine in the first place, and an unstable state based income (hello problems the Governator had).

That's not even getting into the stupidity that is carbon credits, but hey.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 22:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Let's not deflect to whether or not climate change is a thing. The California law looks pretty stupid regardless.
All laws look pretty stupid regardless. When was the last time you saw a new "good" law?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-27 22:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

You're going to spend 40-70 cents a gallon more in the coming years no matter what, we should be celebrating that it's going toward modernizing infrastructure and limiting the amount of crap our children will have to breathe.

We should be celebrating a California law that takes money out of the pockets of normal Americans so that politicians can decide what to do with it? There is absolutely no way you're a conservative. Thanks for finally proving it.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-27 22:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Next topic.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 22:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We should be celebrating a California law that takes money out of the pockets of modern Americans so that politicians can decide what to do with it? There is absolutely no way you're a conservative. Thanks for finally proving it.

It's actually taking money out of the oil refineries coffers, they are in turn jacking up the prices.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-27 22:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually taking money out of the oil refineries coffers, they are in turn jacking up the prices.

Yeah, but the people pushing the bill are expecting this. It's not like it's a surprise to them that the prices at the pump will rise.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 22:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but the people pushing the bill are expecting this. It's not like it's a surprise to them that the prices at the pump will rise.

It was passed years ago, nothing recent.

The direction of the ire should be placed on the oil companies, who don't want to pay their dues for polluting, requiring regulatory agencies to prevent them from polluting more.

Go figure.

Biased article is biased.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-27 22:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't expect logic from somebody who keeps improperly using the term "theory."

I had a theory. Post something about global warming and wait to see who made a stupid comment first, Jet or Pleebo. Congratulations you proved my theory correct.

Global warming theory is the earth is getting warmer. How do they test this theory you ask? They give a bunch of scientist free money to go out and collect data which they half-*** do. Then they take all the data cut it into unequal sections of time and say they have proof of global warming! Then ask for more free money to "make sure, and see if they can stop it"
Meanwhile: The USA had its coldest winter and summer for 30yrs and all the "weather forecasters" say winter is coming early and its gonna be a cold one again.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-27 22:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a theory. Post something about global warming and wait to see who made a stupid comment first, Jet or Pleebo. Congratulations you proved my theory correct.

Thats called an experiment, idiot.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-27 22:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We should be celebrating a California law that takes money out of the pockets of normal Americans so that politicians can decide what to do with it? There is absolutely no way you're a conservative. Thanks for finally proving it.

As Jet said, if the oil companies wish to pass their responsibility onto consumers, that's on them. IMO, if they are going to shirk responsibility, they should kiss their subsidies and drilling rights goodbye. Conservation and responsibility are hallmarks of conservatism.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 22:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Global warming theory is the earth is getting warmer. How do they test this theory you ask? They give a bunch of scientist free money to go out and collect data which they half-*** do. Then they take all the data cut it into unequal sections of time and say they have proof of global warming! Then ask for more free money to "make sure, and see if they can stop it"
Meanwhile: The USA had its coldest winter and summer for 30yrs and all the "weather forecasters" say winter is coming early and its gonna be a cold one again.

There's so much stupidity and ignorance and inaccuracy in this post, I don't know where to begin, oh wait:

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Vic began.

"Global climate change" is a scientific theory (not to be confused with the general term, which ignorant Fox followers do all the time), which has been tested and repeatedly tested for decades and has yet to be disprove, by a very large amount of scientists, and not all of those work on grants.

and once again: weather =/= climate.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 22:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

As Jet said, if the oil companies wish to pass their responsibility onto consumers, that's on them. IMO, if they are going to shirk responsibility, they should kiss their subsidies and drilling rights goodbye. Conservation and responsibility are hallmarks of conservatism.

There you go being more actually conservative than the labeled conservatives again, can't be doing that sir.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-27 22:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it was a hypothesis. However, one definition of a theory is to say it's an accepted hypothesis.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-27 22:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

lol

You'll nail that word down one day. Don't give up!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 22:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it was a hypothesis. However, one definition of a theory is to say it's an accepted hypothesis.
There you go again not knowing what the *** you're talking about in regards to science.

Seriously, did you even graduate grade school?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-27 22:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol. So you're encouraging laws that screw over your average American for the sake of an idealistic pursuit that may or may not have any real benefit. You, the self-proclaimed conservative and semi-libertarian, supporting California legislation and regulation.

Ever hear of the duck test?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-27 22:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No but I heard of a goose test.
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 1375 1376 1377