Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 612 613 614 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-28 12:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Ramyrez said: »
"*** it dude, let's go bowling."
Best political slogan ever!

Any politician who uses that automatically has my vote.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 12:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha!

Where did you find such drivel?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-28 12:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If I ever ran, I want something along the lines of:

"Give me 5 minutes and I can give you a new reality."

Something bizarre like that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-28 12:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ha!

Internet.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 12:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If I ever ran, I want something along the lines of:

"Give me 5 minutes and I can give you a new reality."

Something bizarre like that.

My slogan:

Come with me and you'll be
In a world of pure imagination.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 12:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ha!

Internet.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-28 12:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

4%!? is anyone taking bets on joe biden? also lol at warren @8%

2016 dem odds

2016 rep odds
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 12:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Chris Matthews - 0%

(lol)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 12:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Al Franken - 0%

Not good enough.
Not smart enough.
People don't like him.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-28 12:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What does a right wing libertarian look like?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-28 12:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Always bet on Biden.
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 13:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You couldn't be any worse that Obama is at bowling lol...

My average was 119 when I was last in a league a few years ago.

No offense but thats terrible. >.>

What if I told you it wasn't so much a "bowling league with beer" as much as a "drinking league with bowling"?
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-28 13:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
What does a right wing libertarian look like?
Barney, from the color scheme.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 13:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

KN suffers the illusion that all of human greed, arrogance, and spite is in the past (or certainly not existent in the boardrooms of America, but rather, on the factory floors) and that today's corporations and businesses (large or small) -- outside of a couple of bad eggs -- would never stoop to beggaring their employees and gutting benefits to make themselves richer still. He truly seems to think that "trickle down" is a thing that actually happens.
You are under the illusion that corporations (and by extent, all employers) are out to screw their employees out of everything and the only way to stop them is by unionizing the entire workforce. Case in point:

I can tell you that I am critical of my own union internally at times, and vocally. That doesn't mean I want to be rid of it (well, I do want to be rid of it, but only in the sense I wish it weren't needed, but as I trust employers not to bleed me dry as much as I trust a viper not to bite...)

But hey, anything to screw companies, right?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 13:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
I'm actually curious; how many people here are actually members of a union?
How many members have actually had personnel responsibilities over employees who were unionized, while themselves were not part of a union?

I'm in a union, I really don't deal with them all that often, in fact I pretty much ignore them. My union president is one of the most unproductive employees in the building, she basically claims union time to justify her lack of production on a daily basis.
Go figure. Times 2.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-28 13:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Go figure. Times 2.

I wonder how many of your last umpteen posts had anything to do with politics or religion vs. bashing vic in your never ending crusade to get back at him for pulling your pants down around your ankles in front of the cheerleaders...

we all get it, you think he is a *** and you don't like him, fine. but it's not his fault you were wearing ***stained dora the explorer underoos in high school....

let it go.jpg
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-28 13:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

KN suffers the illusion that all of human greed, arrogance, and spite is in the past (or certainly not existent in the boardrooms of America, but rather, on the factory floors) and that today's corporations and businesses (large or small) -- outside of a couple of bad eggs -- would never stoop to beggaring their employees and gutting benefits to make themselves richer still. He truly seems to think that "trickle down" is a thing that actually happens.
You are under the illusion that corporations (and by extent, all employers) are out to screw their employees out of everything and the only way to stop them is by unionizing the entire workforce. Case in point:

I can tell you that I am critical of my own union internally at times, and vocally. That doesn't mean I want to be rid of it (well, I do want to be rid of it, but only in the sense I wish it weren't needed, but as I trust employers not to bleed me dry as much as I trust a viper not to bite...)

But hey, anything to screw companies, right?
If the choice has to be between screwing individuals, or screwing companies, then the actual living creature comes first.

But the best way to fight unions, or prevent them in your company, is to not make things shitty enough for people to need/want to be in them. It's a reactionary measure.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 13:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I wonder how many of your last umpteen posts had anything to do with politics or religion vs. bashing vic in your never ending crusade to get back at him for pulling your pants down around your ankles in front of the cheerleaders...
Apparently, you missed the memo.

A) I'm not surprised that Vic, an avid ***-kisser to the liberal party, is also a union member.

B) I'm also not surprised that Vic is willing to say how worthless unions are, even though he is a union member himself.

Besides:

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
but it's not his fault you were wearing ***stained dora the explorer underoos in high school....
Shows what you know, it was power rangers undies!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 13:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If the choice has to be between screwing individuals, or screwing companies, then the actual living creature comes first.
Except people keep failing to show these so-called policies where companies are actually actively seeking to "screw the little people" in all positions.

But let's go down this route a bit. Give examples of companies screwing people over. Let's take this one step at a time.

But the best way to fight unions, or prevent them in your company, is to not make things shitty enough for people to need/want to be in them.
And then what? After the "shitty" conditions go away, do unions automatically disappear?

But then again, any argument you would have would be in the past, not in the present. Unions are ineffective today because there is no "shitty conditions" in the workplace, unionized or not.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 13:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no shitty conditions in the workplace? Hmmm.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 13:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Show evidence.

Instead of "Well, I think there are because Mother Jones said so!"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 13:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm sure you are going to say "Part-time retail employees aren't getting paid CEO wages, that's shitty conditions right there!"
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-28 13:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said my union was worthless, I said I don't interact with them because I don't need to. I also never said my union president was worthless as a union president, she just sucks as an employee. But hey, your empty, inaccurate insults continue to entertain.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 13:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazon recently ran into trouble for appalling working conditions in their warehouses. Stuff like denying breaks, forcing people to work in inadequate weather, threatening to lose your job even if you're injured/sick etc.

So basically WalMart. Go look up Walmart or something. Convince me you're a rational actor who can do more than parrot ideology.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 13:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said my union was worthless, I said I don't interact with them because I don't need to. I also never said my union president was worthless as a union president, she just sucks as an employee. But hey, your empty, inaccurate insults continue to entertain.
I keep forgetting, union members aren't there to work for the company they are employed with, they are there to collect the check and be as unproductive as possible.

But hey, at least you admitted that for us.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-28 13:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I didn't admit that, I didn't even imply it. I only said that one member is worthless when it comes to one of her responsibilities, and you interpret it as all of them. I'm not responsible for your constant, inaccurate interpretations.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-28 13:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Except people keep failing to show these so-called policies where companies are actually actively seeking to "screw the little people" in all positions.

But let's go down this route a bit. Give examples of companies screwing people over. Let's take this one step at a time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Tech_Employee_Antitrust_Litigation
http://www.law360.com/articles/83571/starbucks-hit-with-another-flsa-overtime-suit
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/16/us-walmart-lawsuit-idUSKBN0JU1XJ20141216
http://www.lieffcabraser.com/Case-Center/Wells-Fargo-Overtime-Pay-Class-Action-Lawsuit.shtml
http://www.rigganlawfirm.com/Employment-Law-Blog/2015/April/8th-Circuit-Rejects-Private-Agreement-Between-Em.aspx
http://www.rigganlawfirm.com/Employment-Law-Blog/2012/May/Enterprise-Agrees-to-Settle-Class-Action-Overtim.aspx

Let's not get into placing entries into employee handbooks regarding discussion or disclosure of compensation or wages.

But the best way to fight unions, or prevent them in your company, is to not make things shitty enough for people to need/want to be in them.
And then what? After the "shitty" conditions go away, do unions automatically disappear?

But then again, any argument you would have would be in the past, not in the present. Unions are ineffective today because there is no "shitty conditions" in the workplace, unionized or not.
Uh, what? Here's a rather non-thorough search of the OSHA database, since they apparently don't allow a global wildcard:
https://www.osha.gov/pls/imis/establishment.search?p_logger=1&establishment=A%25&State=all&officetype=all&Office=all&p_case=all&p_violations_exist=yes&startmonth=01&startday=01&startyear=2015&endmonth=05&endday=28&endyear=2015
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 14:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't accept evidence. It's been proven time and again. Any time evidence is presented that you don't agree with, you call it "blogs, not news" or say it's "bias". Even if it's a non-partisan, non-affiliated research group as I've posted in the past.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 14:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Amazon recently ran into trouble for appalling working conditions in their warehouses. Stuff like denying breaks, forcing people to work in inadequate weather, threatening to lose your job even if you're injured/sick etc.
*Googles it* Only sources I see from this is from Mother Jones, Gawker, and Salon, 3 media outlets that are as anti-corporation as Ramy is. I did find an article from Business Insider, but they referenced the 3 sources above. It did go beyond it and analyzed (holy crap, an article that actually did research and analyzed the situation?) why such the negativity, but you will probably ignore it.

Here is another article that you would probably have a field day just on the title alone, but will ignore it when you actually read the article itself.

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So basically WalMart. Go look up Walmart or something. Convince me you're a rational actor who can do more than parrot ideology.
Obviously you love using Walmart as the go-to corporate punching bag for anything against corporations.

But let's go further into this: What do you expect to pay people, both in wages and benefits, when the average retention rate is less than 6 months for no-skilled labor? When the average retention expectancy is less than a year?

Sure, they could offer their longer-term employees better benefits (they do, actually), but hey, anything to go against corporations, right?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-28 14:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I, for one, was surprised osha found any workplaces to scrutinize...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 612 613 614 ... 1375 1376 1377