Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 605 606 607 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 16:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Depends. Will the accusations be legitimate next time?

What do you mean "next time"? Your frontrunner already has a mountain of legitimate problems.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 16:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Oh my. What a backread. Looks like the P&R machine is up and running again.

I wonder how the "Obama's not a great president and has a lot of legitimate problems, but we will defend every accusation made against him anyway" strategy is going to work out for the Dems' next candidate? Will it work without a cult of personality as a backup plan?

Seems like you didn't read or just cherrypicked. Care to explain how we could have stopped ISIS from routing the Iraqi army while catering to the political needs of the American populace?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 16:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

In comes Hillary Clinton and a campaign shill
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 16:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

I wonder how the "Obama's not a great president and has a lot of legitimate problems, but we will defend every accusation made against him anyway" strategy is going to work out for the Dems' next candidate? Will it work without a cult of personality as a backup plan?

Seems like you didn't read or just cherrypicked. Care to explain how we could have stopped ISIS from routing the Iraqi army while catering to the political needs of the American populace?

Look at the military leaders who say that we could have done things better. If you won't listen to them, you won't listen to me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 16:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If its a legitimate accusation, the Democratic party has a way to shut that whole thing down.

Pretend it's not a big deal? Or a new strategy for once?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 16:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You have a far rosier look at things than I do because no one's responsible unless they're held accountable. Not government, not corporations, not *people*.
So, you hold nobody accountable for their actions. Got it.

Nope. I know people aren't taking responsibility unless there are consequences and people are held accountable for their actions.

It's the reasons bankers do shady ***and never see jail, why your pols are corrupt and don't care or why committing war crimes is whatever. Only powerless people are held to task for their actions, anyone with significant enough sway laughs at the idea of being taken to task.
You make it sound like only Republicans are corrupt....

Shall I point to you the nearest city in your area? Hell, I can point to you Chicago and Detroit and that would take care of more than the number of Republicans in DC....

Where did I mention anything and I mean anything about political alignment?
By Bloodrose 2015-05-27 16:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If its a legitimate accusation, the Democratic party has a way to shut that whole thing down.

Republicans have this covered already.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 16:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »

Republicans have this covered already.
Republicans shutting down the government = bad
Democrats shutting down the government = good

Did I get that right?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-27 16:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at the military leaders who say that we could have done things better. If you won't listen to them, you won't listen to me.

In other words, you have nothing.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 16:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

I have the opinions of military leaders. If I had nothing, I would have the opinion of you.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 16:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

When people are telling you that it's a bad idea, you think they are wrong?

Good job there Vic. I didn't think you could stoop so low in your defense, but you have proven me wrong yet again.

You will be needing a new set of knee pads pretty soon though...
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-27 16:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the opinions of military leaders. If I had nothing, I would have the opinion of you.

I haven't seen a military leader come out and say how we could have stayed in Iraq longer. I have seen them say how we should have, but none of them offered an idea as to how we could have. So..feel free to offer your own idea of how that would have been possible. Otherwise, you remain at nothing along with KN, who also hasn't been able to offer any ideas.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 17:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen a military leader come out and say how we could have stayed in Iraq longer. I have seen them say how we should have, but none of them offered an idea as to how we could have. So..feel free to offer your own idea of how that would have been possible. Otherwise, you remain at nothing along with KN, who also hasn't been able to offer any ideas.

Oh, well I'm glad that we can just wave our hands in the air and say it's not the fault of our leaders because it was impossible. Heaven forbid we explain our position, make a proposal, and negotiate a compromise. That would be crazy. Political expediency is more important than common sense anyway.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 17:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Try making legitimate or reasonable complaints about the guy for once and we'd be right there with you.

I get it!

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-05-27 17:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean "next time"? Your frontrunner already has a mountain of legitimate problems.
So... no then.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-27 17:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, well I'm glad that we can just wave our hands in the air and say it's not the fault of our leaders because it was impossible. Heaven forbid we explain our position, make a proposal, and negotiate a compromise. That would be crazy. Political expediency is more important than common sense anyway.

Believe it or not, we tried to do that. Thats what makes it so funny, because Obama tried to do that, and al-Maliki walked away and asked us to leave. I'm sure you will blame Obama for not trying harder, or not giving in to al-Maliki's outrageous demands because you don't know any better, but it doesn't change the facts. And it doesn't make your fantasies reality. You and KN still don't have anything.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-05-27 17:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If we are going to talk about who is the most corrupt, we should make fun of FIFA.
SECONDED!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 17:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Try making legitimate or reasonable complaints about the guy for once and we'd be right there with you.

I've heard this a lot today. You guys are so content to just sit there and shoot down every accusation for a guy you supposedly don't even like. You supposedly have all this ammo for "real" accusations to throw against him, but you never use it. Don't even pretend that you would be bashing him if it weren't for the right's "crazy" accusations. You'd rather play defense for claims you view as illegitimate rather than hold him accountable. Just admit you're biased and be on your way.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 17:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So... no then.

Hold on, let me try to see things from your perspective.

Ohhhhhhhh, okay. Yeah, I don't see any legitimate problems with Hillary now. Good call.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 17:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Military leaders have criticized the Obama policy on Iraq. Show me the leaders that claim if we stayed in Iraq longer that somehow the Iraqi army would have been better poised to handle the ISIS invasion.

I mean that's if you ignore that Obama got elected on ending Iraq. The people did speak but ignoring that...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-27 17:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I criticized him constantly on his inaction with "Don't ask, don't tell", being overly diplomatic and toothless with Putin from day one, backing down on Gitmo, the absolute sideshow created by the dream act, "I learned about it from the news", etc. Nobody has a chance to voice legitimate criticisms because moderates on the right would rather pander to radicals than tell them to put their seat belt on and shut up while the adults talk.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 17:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a far rosier look at things than I do because no one's responsible unless they're held accountable. Not government, not corporations, not *people*.
So, you hold nobody accountable for their actions. Got it.

Nope. I know people aren't taking responsibility unless there are consequences and people are held accountable for their actions.

It's the reasons bankers do shady ***and never see jail, why your pols are corrupt and don't care or why committing war crimes is whatever. Only powerless people are held to task for their actions, anyone with significant enough sway laughs at the idea of being taken to task.
You make it sound like only Republicans are corrupt....

Shall I point to you the nearest city in your area? Hell, I can point to you Chicago and Detroit and that would take care of more than the number of Republicans in DC....

Where did I mention anything and I mean anything about political alignment?

How is that politically aligned? All pols have the potential to become corrupt and most see no real punishment because they wield power and have means to avoid serving time.

It can be anything from a mild scandal to being responsible for numerous human rights violations. How many dictators get exiled to Europe after skullfucking their countries again?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 17:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I criticized him constantly on his inaction with "Don't ask, don't tell", being overly diplomatic and toothless with Putin from day one, backing down on Gitmo, the absolute sideshow created by the dream act, "I learned about it from the news", etc. Nobody has a chance to voice legitimate criticisms because moderates on the right would rather pander to radicals than tell them to put their seat belt on and shut up while the adults talk.

You and I must have different definitions for the word "constantly", unless you're referring to time spent outside of the forums. Nevertheless, this is good. Keep going.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 17:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would I care if you validate my criticisms of Obama when you're so obviously fishing? KN has an overly optimistic idea for dealing with Iraq that lacks both the political will and the incentive which we could reduce down to 'help the Iraqis because we screwed up their country' like everyone in the US is going to shrug their shoulders and shovel trillions into a sectarian shithole.

Nausi has what amounts to waging war across the globe as if armies are free that and that ignoring the will of other countries is how to you garner cooperation. Typical shoot from the hip nonsense devoid of the real loss or scope of what war is.

Funny enough, both claim to be fiscal minded but fail to answer where the money (or manpower) would come from. I guess we'll just lower taxes some more and hope the money appears in Congress' coffers?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-05-27 17:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
There are no more moderates on the right. Just burn the bridges down before we get there radicals, religious Ideologues, and spineless wimps.

Of course I am talking politicians here, not voters.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 17:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your plan for dealing with ISIS? Complaining about Hillary Clinton until they just go away?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-27 17:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your plan for dealing with ISIS?

send the middle east some flowers & a bottle of wine, & tell them our time together was irreplaceable, but we want to see other regions.

then never, ever, ever, go back there again & let them deal with their own problems.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 18:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your plan for with ISIS? Complaining about Hillary Clinton until they just go away?

Well, not having the imbecile as Commander-In-Chief would be a decent start.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-27 18:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your plan for with ISIS? Complaining about Hillary Clinton until they just go away?

Funny, KN tried that route as well. Didn't work. Do you have any actual ideas?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 18:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, KN tried that route as well. Didn't work. Do you have any actual ideas?

Didn't work according to you, which means nothing. Regardless, I never had a class on international politics or military strategy in the Middle East as part of my statistics degree. I don't know how to deal with ISIS in its current state. Why not enlighten us, armchair warrior?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 605 606 607 ... 1375 1376 1377