Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 600 601 602 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 12:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Gentlemen, Obama owns the middle east and all it's current chaos period.
lol, no.
lol, yes.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 12:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, no.
lol, yes.
still nope.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 12:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, no.
lol, yes.
still nope.
still yarp.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 12:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, no.
lol, yes.
still nope.
still yarp.
*flips through history* lol, definitely not.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 12:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
lol, no.
Why is that, and please use sources to prove your reasoning.
Just wondering... where are Nausi's sources to back up his original claim. Why have you not asked for those?
I would question Nausi if he didn't say "current."

You know, there is this concept called "time" that you should read up on. It's very interesting. You can discover that "time" is measurable by units that can be broken up by the lengths of "time" that has passed. You can also discover that "time" can be used to signify situations where one's responsibilities can be measured by the events that took place during that "time"

"Time" is a wonderful thing to learn, and I strongly suggest that you actually learn about it. Tomorrow, you can learn how to use the toilet without your parents changing your diapers too!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 12:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the solution to the crisis? Obama has utterly failed in his choice to play it from a support role harassing ISIS airstrikes and backing the Kurds/resistance rather than committing forces to ground invasion.

I'm curious what the ideal is here. To commit American boots to take back every square foot of IS controlled territory? Can we stomach the losses both financial and physical? To press the EU to go in with us on this land invasion scheme? To reinvade Iraq? To commit to ending Syria? For who? Assad? FSA? Random goons #1-10?

We got it. You don't like Obama's policy. Noted. So what's the talking point you're clutching? I'd love to hear it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 12:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, no.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 12:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So what's the solution to the crisis?
Have a real leader direct foreign policies and international affairs instead of our current one in the White House.

I would elaborate further by using the same methods I have responded to Flavin above, but I would be called racist for doing so. Even though it's astonishing how a man is able to get elected as POTUS and still cannot know anything that's going on in his own executive branch without having been told by newspapers....
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 12:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, no.
lol, yes.
still nope.
still yarp.
*flips through actual history*, lol definitely yep.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 12:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the solution to the crisis? Obama has utterly failed in his choice to play it from a support role harassing ISIS airstrikes and backing the Kurds/resistance rather than committing forces to ground invasion.

I'm curious what the ideal is here. To commit American boots to take back every square foot of IS controlled territory? Can we stomach the losses both financial and physical? To press the EU to go in with us on this land invasion scheme? To reinvade Iraq? To commit to ending Syria? For who? Assad? FSA? Random goons #1-10?

We got it. You don't like Obama's policy. Noted. So what's the talking point you're clutching? I'd love to hear it.

We do nothing: they ***.

We airstrike/provide intel/training, etc: they ***.

We land invade: they ***.

We nuke the hell out of them: they ***.

It's a lose lose lose lose.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, no.
lol, yes.
still nope.
still yarp.
*flips through actual history fantasy*, lol definitely yep.
ftfy

But for realzies: your conclusion cannot be arrived at by following logic from a sound premise.
By Bloodrose 2015-05-27 12:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a real leader direct foreign policies and international affairs instead of our current one in the White House.

I would elaborate further by using the same methods I have responded to Flavin above, but I would be called racist for doing so. Even though it's astonishing how a man is able to get elected as POTUS and still cannot know anything that's going on in his own executive branch without having been told by newspapers....
Talkin' bout bush or Obama? Both have been guilty of it.

Secondly, even going through varied sources, Nausi is still wrong. The current mess in the middle east, including ISIS, is a collaborative failing of the entire region, including recent history including both former President Bush, and current President Obama.

Then again, regardless of who stepped into office as president, it would have been the shitshow we see now.

So yes, Nausi is wrong.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 12:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, you've attacked Obama. I get it, you don't like the guy. Think he can't lead. Incompetent. Followed by a disclaimer that you'll be preemptively attacked for criticizing the POTUS.

What's the strategy to defeat ISIS Obama has failed to wrap his brain around?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 12:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I ask this question because dudes committing scholarly activity to answering that bold up there have nothing but shitshow answers.

So I'm curious how everyone here thinks we'll mop up the ME and be home in time for Corn Flakes. Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda but we didn't.

The pieces are on the board. Show me your moves. #CaptainFalcon
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 12:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »

Secondly, even going through varied sources, Nausi is still wrong. The current mess in the middle east, including ISIS, is a collaborative failing of the entire region, including recent history including both former President Bush, and current President Obama.

Then again, regardless of who stepped into office as president, it would have been the shitshow we see now.

So yes, Nausi is wrong.
Bush is in fault for policies enacted by himself, and Obama is in fault for policies enacted by Obama. Both have their own share in the blame in the current situation in the Middle East, but to completely ignoring Obama's involvement (Jet's argument) in the Middle East is just as wrong as ignoring Bush's involvement (Nausi's argument) also.

They are both wrong.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-27 12:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
lol, no.
Just wondering... where are Nausi's sources to back up his original claim. Why have you not asked for those?
I would question Nausi if he didn't say "current."

You know, there is this concept called "time" that you should read up on. It's very interesting. You can discover that "time" is measurable by units that can be broken up by the lengths of "time" that has passed. You can also discover that "time" can be used to signify situations where one's responsibilities can be measured by the events that took place during that "time"

"Time" is a wonderful thing to learn, and I strongly suggest that you actually learn about it. Tomorrow, you can learn how to use the toilet without your parents changing your diapers too!
lol... man you waste a lot of time posting nonsense.

Just because someone says current doesn't mean anything. It neither proves anything nor does it give any relieable information to support said theory.

Just because you agree with something doesn't negate the need for source material and reliable information to back up a claim if you're going to require the same from someone else. The person making the claim is supposed to defend that claim not make a statement and then wait to see if others will take the time to either provide information to support or disprove it.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-27 12:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious what the ideal is here. Well, me and most of the scholar that have written that this is a shitshow either way we go.

I was wondering the same thing. I have always leaned more towards the carpet bomb until no sign of civilization remains side. Salt the earth. When was the last time you heard about the Carthaginians getting rowdy?

I never understood the whole nation building thing. I understand the profit motivations but I dont believe they thought through the whole the long term sustainability idea. Other than as the soft sell to get the authorization in the first place.

So...let isis take control, let iran build a nuke... set off the nuke and destroy iran, iraq and syria

go grab a beer?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-27 12:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No one really seems to care about the problems we actually have but rather focus just on blaiming whoever we don't like. You've been asked several times now Nausi, by Sparth, to give some insight on what you think should have been done or what we should do now and all you can do is ignore him and get into a yes/no match with a pedophile.
By Bloodrose 2015-05-27 12:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »

So yes, Nausi is wrong.
Bush is in fault for policies enacted by himself, and Obama is in fault for policies enacted by Obama. Both have their own share in the blame in the current situation in the Middle East, but to completely ignoring Obama's involvement (Jet's argument) in the Middle East is just as wrong as ignoring Bush's involvement (Nausi's argument) also.

They are both wrong.
Actually, Jet isn't wrong in the argument, because he's not placing the entire blame on Bush. All he's actually done is counter Nausi's claim that everything in the ME, including the current chaos, is all Obama's fault, by saying it isn't.

(Note: Jet's argument is weak because he hasn't provided anything to support his counter claim, but that doesn't make him wrong, Nausi's argument has no merit or validity to the wild accusatory claim that it all falls on one man's shoulders, instead of the shoulders of many, including those who are responsible for the shitshow in the first place)
By fonewear 2015-05-27 12:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuking the middle east is clearing the only option that makes sense !
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-27 12:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on Iraq huh? You aren't going to get an actual idea from KN or Nausi, they will just blame Obama and base it on their feelings.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 12:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, you've attacked Obama. I get it, you don't like the guy. Think he can't lead. Incompetent. Followed by a disclaimer that you'll be preemptively attacked for criticizing the POTUS.

The very first step in the solution is to identify the reason for the failure and take remedy to ensure it doesn't happen again, we need to hold Obama accountable for his piss poor leadership and failures.

How did FDR defeat Hitler? Cause ISIS is just about the second coming of the Nazis.
By fonewear 2015-05-27 12:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

We got a little saying around here about Iraq and ISIS let Hillary deal with it !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 12:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Answer is still the same: Having a real leader direct foreign policies and international affairs. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a real leader in the White House since Franklin Delano Roosevelt. And yes, I do respect the man for having one of the shittiest draws in Presidential history for having to battle the Great Depression only to have WWII solve his problem for him (none of his policies worked, but at least he tried to do the best for the nation at that time). He was our last great leaders as POTUS is concerned, although Eisenhower could have an argument made for his case. Either way, it all went downhill when we started having elections based on popularity polls instead of issues at hand.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 12:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For my argument to be weak it would have to not be backed by all known history of the region, or just simple fact: it is literally impossible for the (good or bad) situation of an entire region to lay on the shoulder's of one person.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-27 12:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What specific failures? How are we going to hold him accountable? How will this help the situation?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 12:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So both Nausi and KN have nothing to contribute other than to blame Obama when I already stipulated that I understand. Holding him accountable isn't going to stop ISIS or the Syrian crisis. It may warm your heart but it ain't stopping executions or the shitshow that is the Syria/Iraq border.

I asked *you* what you think but essentially you can't think so you've chosen to waste my time with some FDR and Eisenhower rubbish because when you have no answers its best to distract and deflect.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-05-27 12:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Answer is still the same: Having a real leader direct foreign policies and international affairs. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a real leader in the White House since Franklin Delano Roosevelt. And yes, I do respect the man for having one of the shittiest draws in Presidential history for having to battle the Great Depression only to have WWII solve his problem for him (none of his policies worked, but at least he tried to do the best for the nation at that time). He was our last great leaders as POTUS is concerned, although Eisenhower could have an argument made for his case. Either way, it all went downhill when we started having elections based on popularity polls instead of issues at hand.
That's not a solution.

The solution would be to provide a real leader, rather than saying we need one. Give some examples of people who are qualified to be real leaders

So you've argued a lot of fluff and can't provide an answer. Is it really so hard to say "I don't know" without actually attacking the sitting president? (This applies to both sides of the coin, and not just against one)

As it is, even if a republican nominee were in the same seat, he'd be dealing with the same ***show we've seen since this whole thing started.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-27 12:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How did FDR defeat Hitler?

he blamed everything on obama and then dodged some more questions?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 600 601 602 ... 1375 1376 1377