Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 599 600 601 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 09:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
who doesn't want it
Elected representatives aren't supposed to make laws based on what people want, not in the US at least.

They're supposed to make laws based on who buys them out.

Seriously though, laws/lawmakers are supposed to consider the will of the people but not be utterly bound to it.
We know.

Apparently we don't.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 09:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm trying to remove another one of their excuses from their repertoire, so they can finally accept the reality that they are wrong.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha *wipes tear*

ha.

Thanks, I needed a chuckle this morning.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 09:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

who doesn't want it
Elected representatives aren't supposed to make laws based on what people want, not in the US at least.

They're supposed to make laws based on who buys them out.

Seriously though, laws/lawmakers are supposed to consider the will of the people but not be utterly bound to it.
We know.

Apparently we don't.
I meant you and I.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 09:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

who doesn't want it
So, it's perfectly ok to make a system where people absolutely hates it from the start, in your mind.

Even though that system is supposed to help but the people are smart enough to see the *** in that law that the authors of the law itself couldn't understand it until they passed it.

Makes sense. Obama's legacy, where even though he had the first 2 years of his presidency to do anything he wanted and still *** it up.

For the first part: if it is what is decided that it's best for the people then so be it.

As for the rest: not getting into it.
They decided what was best when everyone, including people in the very profession that was stating how a bad idea to implement it on a national level. Sounds counterproductive to me, and pigheaded.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 09:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberalism is a mental disorder?

So can I collect government disability?

░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 09:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently not everyone agreed or still agrees.
By volkom 2015-05-27 09:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

the road to hell is paved with good intentions
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 09:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
I don't subscribe to the belief in this "hell" so irrelevant. :P
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 10:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Like creating democracy in Iraq?

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 10:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

(Liberalism is a mental disorder)
You know Nausi, every single time you say that, it hurts your arguments (and mine by default) significantly.

That's right.

Every
Single
Time
Period

Stop it. Seriously. People who do not agree with you aren't suffering from a mental disorder.

Because that argument can and will be used against you (in a court of internet forums).

I understand the urge to distance yourself from me KN, but the rational is folly. Those whom you argue against will not give you any kind of "points" or currency for "playing nice". They don't want you to play nice, they just want you to shut up. For the life of me I really wish you'd just grasp this concept.

People who think republicans and conservatives own the ACA DO suffer from a mental disorder. I don't care who's feelings are bruised by pointing it out, the truth sometimes hurts.
You don't understand. I can't even argue with these people without your name getting lumped into the mix at some point in the argument (usually when they have nothing to say or counter, so they attack my argument by using you as a reference, which shows how little they know). I'm trying to remove another one of their excuses from their repertoire, so they can finally accept the reality that they are wrong.

It won't matter if you remove it, they will prop up another excuse in it's place -or- simply pretend you didn't remove it in the first place.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 10:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Like creating democracy in Iraq?

Iraq is in a way better spot today, amirite?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 10:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, lets ask ISIS.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 10:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

“I think most people could not look at a Secretary of State and point to an accomplishment. Frankly, mostly what a Secretary of State does is keep something from becoming a massive crisis so, that in a way wasn’t a terribly fair question,”

Stop being so unfair by asking voters what Hillary accomplished as Secretary of State.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 10:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, lets ask ISIS.
Hmmm where did they come from, when did they show up?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 10:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, lets ask ISIS.

Obama cooked them up on an off weekend, after failing to clone Joseph Stalin yet again.

Or they're the continuation of AQ in Iraq bolstered by the Syrian conflict, a flow of arms to rebels who become defectors and an Iraqi army that has been defeated by corruption and a lack of will to fight. All those free American equipment are just ripe for the pew pewing.

Something like that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 10:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, lets ask ISIS.

Obama cooked them up on an off weekend, after failing to clone Joseph Stalin yet again.

Or they're the continuation of AQ in Iraq bolstered by the Syrian conflict, a flow of arms to rebels who become defectors and an Iraqi army that has been defeated by corruption and a lack of will to fight. All those free American equipment are just ripe for the pew pewing.

Something like that.

Ah, I thought according to Obama ‘we’re Leaving Behind a Sovereign, Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq’?

Did he get it wrong?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 10:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, lets ask ISIS.

Something like that.

Ah, I thought according to Obama ‘we’re Leaving Behind a Sovereign, Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq’?

Did he get it wrong?

Of course he didn't, he lied.

Iraq was a shitshow, Obama wanted to tout the accomplishment he ended Iraq (as per the campaign rhetoric) and now he'll pass off the ISIS problem to whoever becomes the next POTUS. Congress as well seems content with ignoring the problem for political reasons, sans the hawks.

(Politically, ISIS is a no-win scenario and considering fate of many who voted pro-Iraq...)

We can't/couldn't stay in Iraq forever, ISIS is only fueled by the Syrian conflict in terms of land they can take in the midst of chaos, the American people have no stomach for another 10+ year adventure in Syria/Iraq vs. ISIS and so here we are - stalled.

Shall we nationbuild again?
Or commit to a decades long war with another asymmetric enemy pulling recruits from around the world to hobble the unipolar superpower?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 10:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, lets ask ISIS.

Something like that.

Did he get it wrong?

Of course he didn't, he lied.

Iraq was a shitshow, Obama wanted to tout the accomplishment he ended Iraq (as per the campaign rhetoric) and now he'll pass off the ISIS problem to whoever becomes the next POTUS. Congress as well seems content with ignoring the problem for political reasons, sans the hawks.

(Politically, ISIS is a no-win scenario and considering fate of many who voted pro-Iraq...)

We can't/couldn't stay in Iraq forever, ISIS is only fueled by the Syrian conflict in terms of land they can take in the midst of chaos, the American people have no stomach for another 10+ year adventure in Syria/Iraq vs. ISIS and so here we are - stalled.

Shall we nationbuild again?
Or commit to a decades long war with another asymmetric enemy pulling recruits from around the world to hobble the unipolar superpower?

We're still in Germany, we're still in South Korea. We have many successes in our previous attempts at "nation building". It's certainly within our interest for a stable Iraq. It's within our power as well. Just not within the will of the Obama presidency. No worry, I'm sure enough time will pass so that you'll forget how to connect these dots when ISIS drops a nuke in some American city. You can just plug your ears when people point out how much we had invested in the region only to be lost during Obama's tenure.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 10:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You're legitimately going to compare Germany and Korea to Iraq? Lets just say the worldview of people in Iraq is very different from the average German after the fall of the Reich. And then there's that whole thing about viewing your country and kinsman as unified entities. I Shia you not, the majority of problems in Iraq stem from the above.

And then there's jobs. And a sense that things are gonna get better. And crazy *** jihadists ruining any attempt to stabilize the country.

Also, lol at a nuclear attack from ISIS. Peddle more fear. I live in the city that'd probably get nuked so I'll be sure to tell you how those radiation burns feel.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 10:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Did he just blame the Iraq withdrawal on Obama?

Is this real life?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 11:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We should have ignored the Iraqis sovereign right to tell us to GTFO. Or the plan to draw down that was in place during Dubya. Or the will of Americans and most pols that Iraq was a 'lost cause'.

Because, America.

Again, how long should we have stayed? And I'm not talking about some BS base a la Germany or SK. Iraq was still an active war zone in ways Berlin and Seoul were not. We'd still be fighting right now.

Y'all ready for this?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 11:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know ISIS had planes to drop nukes either.

Is the Enola Allahu Ackbar ready to fly?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-27 11:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We have many successes in our previous attempts at "nation building"

lmao, yeah it's super easy when you've already killed every fighting aged male...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-27 11:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Did he just blame the Iraq withdrawal on Obama?

Is this real life?

Nope. It's Memorex.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 12:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gentlemen, Obama owns the middle east and all it's current chaos period.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 12:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, no.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 12:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, no.
Why is that, and please use sources to prove your reasoning.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-27 12:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, no.
Why is that, and please use sources to prove your reasoning.
Just wondering... where are Nausi's sources to back up his original claim. Why have you not asked for those?
First Page 2 3 ... 599 600 601 ... 1375 1376 1377