Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 534 535 536 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 14:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Things such as not shitting or tossing garbage in the freshwater supply
Problem is, trash dumpers know no political affiliation. And there are strong anti-dumping laws in effect that aren't enforced (because who has time to stand out at various dumping sites?). Hell, I have people dumping on my property all of the *** time, and I have to spend thousands of dollars per year just to get that ***off my property....I did catch a few people and sued (or threatened to sue) them for some of my money back though.

So, I 100% agree with you about tossing garbage anywhere except a dump yard.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 14:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Which brings up an interesting point.

Littering.

Who the *** still litters?!

SERIOUSLY.

I was thinking about this the other day. Who, at this point in time, is really such a tremendously selfish douchenozzle that they can't find a trash-or-recycling can?

Obviously a petty crime compared to rape and the like, but I still have the same thoughts on the people doing it. What the hell goes through their head that says, "hey, yeah, this is an okay thing to do?"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-04 14:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people. From Personal experience only I tend to see more people just tossing garbage from their car than anywhere else.
By volkom 2015-05-04 14:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a pretty hefty fine for littering in Texas.

Some people do it because they're too lazy to run their trash to the nearest garbage can. So its convenient to just lay it in the parking lot... or in the back of someone's truck
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 14:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Littering.

volkom said: »
Its a pretty hefty fine for littering in Texas.

Some people do it because they're too lazy to run their trash to the nearest garbage can. So its convenient to just lay it in the parking lot... or in the back of someone's truck
Thing is, anyone caught littering can face anywhere from $500 fine up to $10k fine + 2 years state prison. Litter too often, you can go to jail up to 20 years.
By volkom 2015-05-04 14:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't mess with Texas
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-04 14:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
"Personal responsibility" does not mean never shaking someone's hand for fear of exposing them to yourself.

Personal responsibility is not about not doing something. It's everything about accepting the responsibility for what you do.

Now, we are supposed to encourage people to act in a generally responsible manner, because that makes life as a society/civilization tenable. Things such as not shitting or tossing garbage in the freshwater supply, covering orifices to reduce spray when sneezing, using proper equipment when entering isolation wards.
"Personal responsibility" is the latest iteration of "do the right thing".

Responsibility is responsibility. I understand that I am responsible for exposing people to my germs, but I'm doing that when I'm not feeling sick also. So I will fly home from my vacation, and I will head into work so I can get my stuff done. Take your cold ease, get your flu shot, and keep your immune system in the best shape you can, that's your responsibility.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-04 14:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Littering.

SERIOUSLY.

I was thinking about this the other day. Who, at this point in time, is really such a tremendously selfish douchenozzle that they can't find a trash-or-recycling can?

Obviously a petty crime compared to rape and the like, but I still have the same thoughts on the people doing it. What the hell goes through their head that says, "hey, yeah, this is an okay thing to do?"
I bet you still litter, I doubt many people haven't done it even unintentionally in the past year or so.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 14:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Littering.

SERIOUSLY.

I bet you still litter, I doubt many people haven't done it even unintentionally in the past year or so.
Actually, I don't litter...ever.

There's a reason why my trash can is near the fencing on my property, and why the trash can is near my vehicle at my home. So I don't even unintentionally litter, period.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 14:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Unintentionally letting a plastic blag blow away from your truck bed isn't really the same thing as conciously rolling down a window and chucking your pop bottle/hamburger wrapper/whatever to the side of the road, and there are people who straight up drop entire bags of trash just whever the hell they feel like it.

You're clearly trying to be very literal for arguments sake, and you know bloody well I'm referring to people who do it regularly, intentionally, and/or in large quantity.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-04 14:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Littering.

SERIOUSLY.

Actually, I don't litter...ever.

There's a reason why my trash can is near the fencing on my property, and why the trash can is near my vehicle at my home. So I don't even unintentionally litter, period.
Has anything ever flown out of your car with the windows down?
Has anything ever fallen out of a trashcan you put it in?
Has the wind ever blown anything out of your recycling bin?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-04 14:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unintentionally letting a plastic blag blow away from your truck bed isn't really the same thing as conciously rolling down a window and chucking your pop bottle/hamburger wrapper/whatever to the side of the road, and there are people who straight up drop entire bags of trash just whever the hell they feel like it.

You're clearly trying to be very literal for arguments sake, and you know bloody well I'm referring to people who do it regularly, intentionally, and/or in large quantity.
Well come on, if something flys out of your car and a cop's behind you, you really think he's gonna let you off the hook because you did it by "accident"?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 14:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well come on, if something flys out of your car and a cop's behind you, you really think he's gonna let you off the hook because you did it by "accident"?

...if it's something light enough to get caught by the wind because you didn't realize it was in your back seat and you opened your window and whoosh!?

Yes. Yes I do.

Because most of the cops where I live aren't *** ***.

Now, if you have half of a Big Gulp you don't want anymore and you pitch it out the window, chances are you're sending a $300 love letter to the state.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 14:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I live in Texas, and I have a working A/C unit. I don't roll down my windows while driving, ever. I rather keep the heat out of my car than in.

And I go and pick it up. Even when it's windy and it's blowing away.

My trash can at home is in my garage, but only once has the trash can on my solar panel property has blown over. I keep it from doing that again by chaining it to the fence post.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-04 14:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I live in Texas, and I have a working A/C unit. I don't roll down my windows while driving, ever. I rather keep the heat out of my car than in.

My trash can at home is in my garage, but only once has the trash can on my solar panel property has blown over. I keep it from doing that again by chaining it to the fence post.
I'm still skeptical bro, you don't get a trophy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 14:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still skeptical bro, you don't get a trophy.
Fine. Doesn't bother me.

I spend way too much cleaning other people's dumping on my property to really care if you are skeptical or not.

Only real benefit I get from paying for trash pickup is that it's a business expense, and I get about 40% tax reduction from it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 14:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Black people monolithicly vote democrat, they never vote Republican.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-05-04 14:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're gonna play in texas, you better have a fiddle in the band!
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-05-04 15:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You haven't been near a poor neighborhood in your life, have you?

If you want me to explain why, we'll both be staring at each other for a long time because I have no clue, but the very poor literally do not care. The only explanation that makes any sense should make some people here positively gleeful: they're selfish and lazy.

I was helping do some reno work on government subsidized housing that was being given to Somali refugees. You don't get much poorer or much more "I don't give a ***" than Somali refugees, apparently. The reno we were doing made me seriously want to ask how I could get an apartment there because the work was of good quality and the new appliances were similar. And, in the meantime, the *** slackass *** *** being given free housing and food and all other necessities of life would literally carry an untied bag of trash out near the dumpster and drop it on the ground 10' away.

I still don't know how one can be selfish and willing to live in layers of filth that would require nominal effort to clean, but some people manage it.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 15:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
You haven't been near a poor neighborhood in your life, have you?

If you want me to explain why, we'll both be staring at each other for a long time because I have no clue, but the very poor literally do not care. The only explanation that makes any sense should make some people here positively gleeful: they're selfish and lazy.

I was helping do some reno work on government subsidized housing that was being given to Somali refugees. You don't get much poorer or much more "I don't give a ***" than Somali refugees, apparently. The reno we were doing made me seriously want to ask how I could get an apartment there because the work was of good quality and the new appliances were similar. And, in the meantime, the *** slackass *** *** being given free housing and food and all other necessities of life would literally carry an untied bag of trash out near the dumpster and drop it on the ground 10' away.

I still don't know how one can be selfish and willing to live in layers of filth that would require nominal effort to clean, but some people manage it.

That's one "stereotype" that I do find true through and through, one way or the other, though it's not just with poor people.

When people are just given things, they don't care for them as much. People in section 8 housing seem to treat it like utter garbage. I can't figure out how you'd want to live like that either. It's...revolting.

But even with rich folks...when daddy gives you a Ferari for your 21st birthday and you wrap it around a stop sign, and no one bats an eye? Ugh.

Maybe it's empowerment on some level or another.

But I find it revolting.
By fonewear 2015-05-04 15:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Littering.

SERIOUSLY.

Rape/litter at this point what difference does it make !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-04 15:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to makes laws against littering that will stop em !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 15:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-04 15:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Littering.

SERIOUSLY.

I'm going to throw something on the ground just to spite you today.

the land is super pure & pristine out here in nowhere'sville too.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 16:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm going to throw something on the ground just to spite you today.
Just don't do it on my property. I have cameras on all of the "popular" dumping spots >.>
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-04 16:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm too good for texas. you silly *** don't have basements.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 16:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm too good for texas. you silly *** don't have basements.
That's because it's already hot upstairs, why in the hell do we want to go to a room that's even hotter?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-05-04 16:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I would prefer the basement. It's honestly much, much cooler than the main or second floors when it's hot out.
[+]
By volkom 2015-05-04 16:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer something called A/C
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 534 535 536 ... 1375 1376 1377