Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 533 534 535 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 12:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Did someone drop a hornets' nest in FFXI's collective underwear over the weekend or what?
If I said yes, and it was me who did it, will I get in trouble?

Cause if that's the case, then no.

I question your motives and judgment at times, it's true.

But I don't think you'd put a hornets' nest in your own britches.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 12:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that flower head's last thread is locked, expect another one to show it's ugly face.

If he's smart, he would make it about a different topic than the ones that got locked....

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-04 12:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It took you two days to figure that out really >.>
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 12:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
It took you two days to figure that out really >.>
I pretty much guessed it on the 3rd post.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-04 12:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

flower head

What is "flower head" supposed to even mean kingnoobie?

In order for a nickname to catch on it has to make sense to more than one person...

Are you saying he is a hippy?
Because that doesn't even make any sense.

Were you trying to say his head was full of "Flour"

Did I miss a day? Because I don't see anyone else referring to him that way...

Please select from the following list of approved nicknames

"LOLgrim"
"Grimey" - from the Simpsons episode

and "***"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-04 12:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Aelius sees all.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-05-04 13:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
flower head

In order for a nickname to catch on it has to make sense to more than one person...

Please select from the following list of approved nicknames

"LOLgrim"
"Grimey" - from the Simpsons episode

and "***"

Grimey: I eat like a slob but no one cares cause I'm Homer Simpson

Homer: Yea you wish !
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-04 13:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Aelius sees all.

and then he chases it, batting it around the floor and then pouncing on it like his jungle cat ancestors and then he does that yoga cat pose where he wiggles his butt in the air then he jumps really high in the air for no reason....

and then he gets bored and cleans himself in the window sill
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 13:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Aelius sees all.

and then he chases it, batting it around the floor and then pouncing on it like his jungle cat ancestors and then he does that yoga cat pose where he wiggles his butt in the air then he jumps really high in the air for no reason....

and then he gets bored and cleans himself in the window sill

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 13:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It started here.

Long story short, it signifies that he has ***for brains (therefor, flowers growing on his head).

Lots of people refer to him as flower head in one way or another.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 13:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Aelius sees all.
/tosses a ball of yarn the other direction.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-04 13:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Abbott v. Patrick Pre-K smackdown referred to in the letter by Smith.

For those that don't know, property taxes in Texas fund education.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-04 13:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Quote:
To the notion of personal responsibility, I'll ask again since you elected to not answer:

"Are you responsible for the fact that I don't have the antibodies to something you may have already gotten over?"

Is it part of your moral code to not get anyone else sick ever? Do you even think that it's possible to do that? Live a life in which you never pass a microbe to anyone else? The answer of course which you're too scared to say is "No, of course not, Nausi. That's pretty unreasonable."

If you knowingly endanger others (as in travel when you know you are contaigious), that is a choice you have made to put their welfare below your travel plans.

There is a vast difference from unknowingly traveling with an illiness while you are contagious. To intentionally traveling while sick.

You're dodging. You knowingly have viruses, bacteria, fungi, and other such microbes that other people will get sick from on your person 100% of the time. Get the flu shot? That doesn't mean you still can't pass alone someone else's flu germs. On top of that, even if you are sick, it doesn't mean you'll get someone else sick. "Personal responsibility" does not mean never shaking someone's hand for fear of exposing them to yourself.

Quote:
To the other point where you take a "chain of command" reference and grossly misapply it so it gives you something to freak out about. What are you saying, that because I think military officers are ultimately responsible for actions of their subordinates, it therefore means that no one in Baltimore is justified in rioting?

Biggest strawman ever. WOW! I thought Flavin couldn't be topped, but there we go. Congrats, you're my new favorite!
Your "chain of command" reference was not taken out of context. The entire conversation was about "authority" (specifically CDC somehow in charge of hospitals) and you chose to use a military example.

For that matter "just following orders" has not been a legally justified excuse for a long time.

Talk about strawman. I never said any of this drival. You are the one claiming the Democrat party is the one responsible for all the problems. Since you forgot what you wrote:

1st, the "chain of command" was taken entirely out of context. Military and/or hospital authority in no way relates to the rioters in Baltimore.

2nd, it's not a straw man when I turn around and ask you if you mean X by your statement. I'm asking you to clarify your position.

Somehow the problem is that cities "under democrat rule" are this way because of the political party involved.

To this point, I will say, the reason the poor black folk in Baltimore have been ***on for the last 50 years is because they keep electing the same people (democrats) who keep shitting on them back into office. To the extent that this is something that could only happen with democrats, it is. Black people monolithicly vote democrat, they never vote Republican. If they monolithicly voted republican it might possibly happen with republicans too but it doesn't so it's entirely wrong to place this at the feet of any other party but the democrats.

EpicFantasy said: »
Because -Ishtar forbid- you hold a cop responsible for their actions.

Never seen him say the cop should not be held responsible. Just sayin....
He has stated on multiple occassions that he's ok with cops "getting even" with suspects, arrestees, etc.

Again a mis characterization. I spoke of an incident in Providence where a suspect came in and shot one of the cops interrogating him, then jumped out the 3rd floor window and ran off downtown. When the cops caught him, they beat the ***outta him. In that specific case and in those under similar circumstances I am content to look the other way. People should be afraid to murder cops.

How you turn that into the blanket statement of "he's ok with cops "getting even" with suspects and arrestees" is just wrong.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-04 13:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Please see Nausi's last paragraph

Nausi said:
I couldn't care less about any of them because they all vote democrat.

and of course maybe that's just the way I read it...

You know, at least you make it obvious when you misrepresent someone else's views.

My hat's off to you today.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-04 13:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Black people monolithicly vote democrat, they never vote Republican.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-04 13:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
What 10%? Please tell me you didn't think I meant that literally.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-04 13:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What 10%? Please tell me you didn't think I meant that literally.
Thanks to you, we have a truck-driving dinosaur tossing grenades to cause earthquakes meme.
I can't rely on *not* taking what you say literally.

You could say *currently*, because historically, they used to be pretty fairly distributed towards both political parties. Up until around the civil rights movement.

If you want to get an idea of maybe why that changed, here's a good start.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-04 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

never shaking someone's hand for fear of exposing them to yourself.
There's a significant difference between shaking someone's hand in a normal circumstance and then shaking someone's hand when you have the flu or some other such sickness. If people stopped touching eachother when they were sick others would get sick a lot less lol...

So when there was that ebola outbreak you were ok with people from the infected areas coming in because, you know, it's not my fault if you catch my ebola!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-04 13:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

People should be afraid to murder cops.
People should not want to murder anyone... The idea that we should put more focus on criminals or would be criminals being afraid to murder cops than regular citizens is ludicrous. I understand why it is the way it is but yeah...

Cops are supposed to uphold the law not break it. The job is tough undoubtedly but you're still supposed to enforce the law as it is not take the law into your own hands by doing whatever you think is just. The system is supposed to be better than the criminals.
[+]
By EpicFantasy 2015-05-04 13:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
People should not want to murder anyone...

Flavin has spoken. The world is now at peace. No need for cops because criminals no longer exists.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-04 13:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

"Personal responsibility" does not mean never shaking someone's hand for fear of exposing them to yourself.

Personal responsibility is not about not doing something. It's everything about accepting the responsibility for what you do.

Now, we are supposed to encourage people to act in a generally responsible manner, because that makes life as a society/civilization tenable. Things such as not shitting or tossing garbage in the freshwater supply, covering orifices to reduce spray when sneezing, using proper equipment when entering isolation wards.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 13:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Flavin has spoken. The world is now at peace. No need for cops because criminals no longer exists.

Can we not agree that what he's saying is the proper ideal, if not the reality?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-04 13:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind, I don't even want to know.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 13:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Things such as not shitting or tossing garbage in the freshwater supply

God dammit, Mil. NOW you tell me! Now how am I supposed to dispose of my refuse?
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-05-04 14:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You're dodging. You knowingly have viruses, bacteria, fungi, and other such microbes that other people will get sick from on your person 100% of the time. Get the flu shot? That doesn't mean you still can't pass alone someone else's flu germs. On top of that, even if you are sick, it doesn't mean you'll get someone else sick. "Personal responsibility" does not mean never shaking someone's hand for fear of exposing them to yourself.

No, I'm not dodging.

If you know you are contaigious and you willfully travel because of travel plans, you are knowingly endangering others.

It is a choice you have made.

Yet, in your mind, you should not be responsible for that choice.

Personal responsibility is accepting that your actions have consequences and accepting responsiblity for those actions.

It doesn't mean you will never cause harm to others. That is beyond unrealistic. It means you accept responsiblity for the harm you do cause.

Quote:
1st, the "chain of command" was taken entirely out of context. Military and/or hospital authority in no way relates to the rioters in Baltimore.

2nd, it's not a straw man when I turn around and ask you if you mean X by your statement. I'm asking you to clarify your position.

Your chain of command argument is not legally viable. It hasn't been for several hundred years.

I think the rioters should be held responsible for their actions. Those who are looting are idiots and hurting those who are trying to get a discussion started.

Quote:
To this point, I will say, the reason the poor black folk in Baltimore have been ***on for the last 50 years is because they keep electing the same people (democrats) who keep shitting on them back into office. To the extent that this is something that could only happen with democrats, it is. Black people monolithicly vote democrat, they never vote Republican. If they monolithicly voted republican it might possibly happen with republicans too but it doesn't so it's entirely wrong to place this at the feet of any other party but the democrats.

I don't even know how to respond to this. There are systemic issues in Baltimore that goes way beyond red vs blue ideology

Quote:
Again a mis characterization. I spoke of an incident in Providence where a suspect came in and shot one of the cops interrogating him, then jumped out the 3rd floor window and ran off downtown. When the cops caught him, they beat the ***outta him. In that specific case and in those under similar circumstances I am content to look the other way. People should be afraid to murder cops.

How you turn that into the blanket statement of "he's ok with cops "getting even" with suspects and arrestees" is just wrong.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-04 14:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Things such as not shitting or tossing garbage in the freshwater supply

God dammit, Mil. NOW you tell me! Now how am I supposed to dispose of my refuse?
Cover your orifices?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 533 534 535 ... 1375 1376 1377