Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 471 472 473 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-01 15:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
You feel me !

Five dolla.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-01 15:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/04/the-mobile-election-how-smartphones-will-change-the-204855.html?ml=tb

TLDR Something about smart phones. Something about mobile political ads/news.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 18:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on corruption charges
By fonewear 2015-04-01 18:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Menendez is he the guy that killed his parents !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 18:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Menendez is he the guy that killed his parents !
They're finally pressing charges against him after all these years.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-01 18:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Since he is a senator he will get 2 years plus probation !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 18:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
The newest reform list by the Greek Government:
http://im.ft-static.com/content/images/55b27a7e-d87c-11e4-ba53-00144feab7de.pdf

Hopefully the Troika will get the data to calculate and confirm the expectations.

On this subject:

Quote:
Two months of EU bluster and reproof have failed to cow Greece. It is becoming clear that Europe’s creditor powers have misjudged the nature of the Greek crisis and can no longer avoid facing the Morton’s Fork in front of them.

Any deal that goes far enough to assuage Greece’s justly-aggrieved people must automatically blow apart the austerity settlement already fraying in the rest of southern Europe. The necessary concessions would embolden populist defiance in Spain, Portugal and Italy, and bring German euroscepticism to the boil.

Emotional consent for monetary union is ebbing dangerously in Bavaria and most of eastern Germany, even if formulaic surveys do not fully catch the strength of the undercurrents.

This week's resignation of Bavarian MP Peter Gauweiler over Greece’s bail-out extension can, of course, be over-played. He has long been a foe of EMU. But his protest is unquestionably a warning shot for Angela Merkel's political family.

Mr Gauweiler was made vice-chairman of Bavaria's Social Christians (CSU) in 2013 for the express purpose of shoring up the party's eurosceptic wing and heading off threats from the anti-euro Alternative fur Deutschland (AfD).

Yet if the EMU powers persist mechanically with their stale demands - even reverting to terms that the previous pro-EMU government in Athens rejected in December - they risk setting off a political chain-reaction that can only eviscerate the EU Project as a motivating ideology in Europe.

Jean-Claude Juncker, the European Commission’s chief, understands the risk perfectly, warning anybody who will listen that Grexit would lead to an “irreparable loss of global prestige for the whole EU” and crystallize Europe’s final fall from grace.

When Warren Buffett suggests that Europe might emerge stronger after a salutary purge of its weak link in Greece, he confirms his own rule that you should never dabble in matters beyond your ken.

Alexis Tsipras leads the first radical-Leftist government elected in Europe since the Second World War. His Syriza movement is, in a sense, totemic for the European Left, even if sympathisers despair over its chaotic twists and turns. As such, it is a litmus test of whether progressives can pursue anything resembling an autonomous economic policy within EMU.

There are faint echoes of what happened to the elected government of Jacobo Arbenz in Guatemala, a litmus test for the Latin American Left in its day. His experiment in land reform was famously snuffed out by a CIA coup in 1954, with lasting consequences. It was the moment of epiphany for Che Guevara, then working as a volunteer doctor in the country.

A generation of students from Cuba to Argentina drew the conclusion that the US would never let the democratic Left hold power, and therefore that power must be seized by revolutionary force.

We live in gentler times today, yet any decision to eject Greece and its Syriza rebels from the euro by cutting off liquidity to the Greek banking system would amount to the same thing, since the EU authorities do not have a credible justification or a treaty basis for acting in such a way. Rebuking Syriza for lack of “reform” sticks in the craw, given the way the EU-IMF Troika winked at privatisation deals that violated the EU’s own competition rules, and chiefly enriched a politically-connected elite.

Forced Grexit would entrench a pervasive suspicion that EU bodies are ultimately agents of creditor enforcement. It would expose the Project’s post-war creed of solidarity as so much humbug.

Willem Buiter, Citigroup’s chief economist, warns that Greece faces an “economic show of horrors” if it returns to the drachma, but it will not be a pleasant affair for Europe either. “Monetary union is meant to be unbreakable and irrevocable. If it is broken, and if it is revoked, the question will arise over which country is next,” he said.

“People have tried to make Greece into a uniquely eccentric member of the eurozone, accusing them of not doing this or not doing that, but a number of countries share the same weaknesses. You think the Greek economy is far too closed? Welcome to Portugal. You think there is little social capital in Greece, and no trust between the government and citizens? Welcome to southern Europe,” he said.

Greece could not plausibly remain in Nato if ejected from EMU in acrimonious circumstances. It would drift into the Russian orbit, where Hungary’s Viktor Orban already lies. The southeastern flank of Europe’s security system would fall apart.

Rightly or wrongly, Mr Tsipras calculates that the EU powers cannot allow any of this to happen, and therefore that their bluff can be called. “We are seeking an honest compromise, but don't expect an unconditional agreement from us," he told the Greek parliament this week.

If it were not for the fact that a sovereign default on €330bn of debts – bail-out loans and Target2 liabilities within the ECB system – would hurt taxpayers in fellow Club Med states that are also in distress, most Syriza deputies would almost relish the chance to detonate this neutron bomb.

Mr Tsipras is now playing the Russian card with an icy ruthlessness, more or less threatening to veto fresh EU measures against the Kremlin as the old set expires. “We disagree with sanctions. The new European security architecture must include Russia,” he told the TASS news agency.

He offered to turn Greece into a strategic bridge, linking the two Orthodox nations. “Russian-Greek relations have very deep roots in history,” he said, hitting all the right notes before his trip to Moscow next week.
Greek defiance mounts as Alexis Tsipras turns to Russia and China
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 20:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hours later...

Quote:
U.S. Senator Robert Menendez said on Wednesday he will temporarily step aside as ranking member, or top Democrat, on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in the wake of his indictment on corruption charges.

"I believe it is in the best interests of the committee, my colleagues, and the Senate, which is why I have chosen to do so," he said in a letter to Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid.
Menendez steps aside as top Democrat on U.S. Senate panel
By fonewear 2015-04-01 21:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In rape news:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bikram-yoga-guru-women-love-doesn-attack-article-1.2169884

Bikram Choudhury, founder of the heat-fueled Bikram yoga, denies that he attacked six female students who are suing him for sexual assault, saying he wouldn't force himself on anyone because "Women likes me. Women loves me," he said in an interview.

"So if I really wanted to involve the women, I don't have to assault the women," he told CNN.

Choudhury, 69, who created the hugely popular form of yoga that combines poses with rooms heated to 105 degrees, has been sued by former followers who accuse him of rape and assault.

"I never assaulted them," he told the cable network. "The answer is I feel sorry for them."
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-02 09:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I have some potentially unsettling news for both chaos and foney... This thread is for discussion of and about politics and religion. There's no bonus or reward of any kind for just finding articles article and reposting them here...

If you want to have a discussion, then at some point you will have to form an opinion. Here is mine "The greeks are all a bunch of *** deadbeat *** and I hope they all slowly starve to death so I can buy one of their islands on the cheap"

Now you try...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

But rape is political ask the feminists ! It's a metaphor for how women have been oppressed.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-02 10:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

But rape is political ask the feminists ! It's a metaphor for how women have been oppressed.

But then you have to take a side... or form an opinion... or make up something funny like "I started getting suspicious when we stayed in downward dog the whole class and the instructor spent a lot of time helping us align our pelvis"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 10:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say my excitement over the indictment of Menendez qualifies as an opinion. Or feels, you choose.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I give in:

TLDR John Boehner did something Israeli

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/boehner-israel-jerusalem-isil-netanyahu-iran-116600.html?hp=t1_r
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 10:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

On Greece, well in a world where debt is considered equal to money, IE. debt=money, Greece holds most of the cards. To call them deadbeats is like calling all the rich Jews poor. It really doesn't work that way. Otherwise they would have been kicked from the EU already and all parties would have moved on.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry about the debt your great great grandchildren will have to deal with that *** !

Keep kicking the can down the road that is how the government works.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-02 10:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I would say my excitement over the indictment of Menendez qualifies as an opinion. Or feels, you choose.

None of us can see that you're excited from here...thankfully.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You see Chaosx is full of feels so much so that they leak all over the forums.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 10:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

None of us can see that you're excited from here...thankfully.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43490/random-politics-religion/472/#2864204
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just shocked that anything in NJ is corrupt...I mean the mafia Sopranos Jersey Housewives when does it end !

They call it the garden state cause that is where they bury informants !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 10:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just shocked that anything in NJ is corrupt...I mean the mafia Sopranos Jersey Housewives when does it end !

They call it the garden state cause that is where they bury informants !
Apparently the woman who's in prison just did a photo shoot from prison, lol.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a real person too ! When will they do the real people of FFXIAH !

This is what my "mother" looks like:

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-02 10:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm half waiting for your kindergarden teacher to come in and put a star on your paper <inside voice cooing softly> that's very good foney you found an article about politics /pats on head approvingly
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gold stars are no longer used it promotes elitism.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 10:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

When will they do the real people of FFXIAH !
Sounds like comedy gold.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of religion I heard the Pope was told to lay off the pasta. His holiness is gaining too much weight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/the-pope/11509483/Pope-Francis-told-to-lay-off-pasta-after-apparent-weight-gain.html
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

When asked if he was full of it he calmly replied: Yes I'm full of it !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-02 10:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They're finally pressing charges against That Rat Fink *** after all these years.I Hate that douchebag because of the following reasons

Yeah... see... that's not an entire thought. That's more of a general statement... maybe if you included it with the article and added your own comments like.

I hate that guy he... [pick one}
<he vetoed the war in iraq>
<double dates with bill cosby>
<is libtarded>
<has his nose so far up nancy pelosi's *** he can tell what toothpaste she uses>
By fonewear 2015-04-02 10:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only okay to hate people if everyone else hates them: Enter Jews !

I'd say everyone hates Obama but...according to my sources he is the most charismatic President since JFK

Charisma trumps competency
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 10:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
They're finally pressing charges against That Rat Fink *** after all these years.I Hate that douchebag because of the following reasons

Yeah... see... that's not an entire thought. That's more of a general statement... maybe if you included it with the article and added your own comments like.

I hate that guy he... [pick one}
<he vetoed the war in iraq>
<double dates with bill cosby>
<is libtarded>
<has his nose so far up nancy pelosi's *** he can tell what toothpaste she uses>
I don't talk like that so...

Blow it out your ***! lol

I find ignoring people and walking away without acknowledgement or talking normally towards people who rage is more suiting as they expect their rage to be met with rage.

The only time I actually do anything is when something needs to get done. Usually people are filled with anger or resentment over their pointless miserable repetitive lives and need some outlet. I don't provide that for them. I'm not your punching bag.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 471 472 473 ... 1375 1376 1377