Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 342 343 344 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-02-28 09:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no the classic Faux News argument this is going to be good.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 09:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
republicans complaining about fillibusters. I needed a good laugh this morning.

Well for the last two years whenever the Republicans in the Senate filibustered, they were accused of obstruction. Every time Harry Reid tabled bills that came out of the House and didn't even allow them to come to the Senate floor, the Republicans were accused of obstruction. Now the Democrats are in the minority and they are filibustering everything that comes out of the House, now the Republicans are still accused of obstruction.

In your eyes the Democrats can never obstruct.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 09:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik you're wrong lol. Just stop. Everything you just said is false. Check another source or better yet read the 120+ page ruling by the Judge. Try a hard right wing source like maybe the New York Times.

Edit: Nothing worse then someone that is completely wrong being an arrogant, sarcastic *** about it.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-28 09:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Being an arrogant *** is about 95% of P and R

5% random stuff not relating to politics or religion.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 09:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
That's actually a nice looking bed.

Just make sure it doesn't turn you into a sparkly vampire, or emo werewolf.

I bought the bed from Wayfair! HGTV ftw! go Canada.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-28 09:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes me think of this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-02-28 09:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Executive orders aren't laws. Do you not understand this?

They have the same effect as Laws. Do you understand this? Thus, they cannot contradict a Law. Do you understand this?
He'll only understand when a republican president issues one instructing the IRS to collect half the taxes from the rich without legislation to back it up.

THEN it will be. "He can't do that!"
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 10:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah by the way don't enforce that Clean Water Act. We don't have the funds.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-28 10:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik you're wrong lol. Just stop. Everything you just said is false. Check another source or better yet read the 120+ page ruling by the Judge. Try a hard right wing source like maybe the New York Times.

Edit: Nothing worse then someone that is completely wrong being an arrogant, sarcastic *** about it.

I have read it, and you can too.

The issue presented is that states face an undue economic hardship because of a constant influx of illegal immigrants. Which is not only incorrect (we have a negative illegal immigration flow since 2007) but also not a challenge of the whether he has the power to implement DAPA. It also isn't an executive order, DAPA is a memorandum issued by the director of DoHS, just as DACA was a memorandum issued by the former director Napolitano.

Quote:
This memorandum confers no substantive right, immigration status or pathway to citizenship. Only an Act of Congress can confer these rights. It remains within the authority of the Executive Branch, however, to set forth policy for the exercise of prosecutorial discretion and deferred action within the framework of existing law. This memorandum is an exercise of that authority.

The states argued that the sudden influx of people eligible for work permits and drivers licenses, along with enhanced ID regulations currently being implemented, would pose a heavy burden financially on them. And because licensure is a power given to the states, they are causing an undue financial burden on the states. That's the grounds that the judge filed the injunction on.

The judge goes on to state that a specific exclusion of the blanket right for people who qualify under DAPA to get a driver's license would redress the issue and lift the injunction as the states do not have the right to simply challenge the federal government to enforce it's laws without demonstrating direct harm.

Take away the "harm" and their case goes to pot.

Irony at it's finest...
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-28 10:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
One he grants legal status to people clearly in America in violation of the law. Two he is issuing working papers to them which is clearly in violation of existing law. Giving them working papers go above and beyond not enforcing the law. It is saying that this is the new law.

1. It doesn't grant legal status to people here illegally, it grants a stay on deportation proceedings under special circumstances. That's well within his authority under current USCIS/DoHS organization.

2. Work permits are issued by USCIS/DoHS both as a condition of residency and in conjunction with it. That, again, is well within his authority.

Simply claiming something is illegal or outside his powers doesn't make it so, you need to have an actual regulation or law he violated. In this case, those don't exist. I don't agree with his action, I think it's the wrong way to get it done, but I agree far less with symbolic inaction. The EO was a temporary stopgap to buy time while congress focused on end of term sessions, budgets, etc. They should have taken the opportunity to get something done instead of posturing and sitting in front of TV cameras.

1) His Executive Order did give legal status. It went beyond just saying we do not have the funds to deport these people so we will not prosecute them. It was going to issue work permits and social security numbers which gave them legal status, contrary to existing law, until the Executive action is overturned by any President or the law changes. This is why the Judge struck it down.

Don't act intentionally dumb. Why do I have to show which law "illegal" immigrants are in violation of? Are you claiming they are not "illegal immigrants." You can sit down and read the entire Immigration and Naturalization Act to find their many violations. His Executive Actions are contrary to this law on the books which is why his EO is illegal. His EO simply creates new immigration law.

A district court in Texas filed an injunction. They didn't strike it down as illegal.

Linky

And, again, DACA/DAPA is a deferment of deportation proceedings. Anyone ever issued a work permit in the US, including people who come here for a summer, have a social security number. My wife had a social security number when she came here to take classes for a semester at 17 because her visa gave her the right to work.

I asked what part of Obama's EO was illegal, and you have yet to produce any law it violates and show your ignorance of USCIS processes. Back up your statements.

It is struck down. If the judges order is not overturned on appeal it will never be the law.

Since when is issuing a temporary stay striking down? Oh, never. Keep fantasizing tho.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-28 11:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Boehner is in danger of being ousted, again. Seems he broke the Hastert rule last night, again, he is pretty hypocritical when it comes to that. Would have been interesting if his one week extension would have failed, what would he have done then I wonder. Shut Homeland Security down, or try to pass the actual Senate bill?
By fonewear 2015-02-28 11:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Homeland Insecurity more like it !
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 11:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are living in fantasy land. The executive order is dead. The judge killed it and it is dead unless his ruling is overturned onappeal. The "stay" of his ruling was requested by the Justice Department but his ruling has still halted the EO. It's dead and will not be overturned due to the obvious over reach.

If you read all 123 pages of that ruling you are more of a loser than I thought lol. You didn't though so be happy just being a liar.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 11:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Looks like Boehner is in danger of being ousted, again. Seems he broke the Hastert rule last night, again, he is pretty hypocritical when it comes to that. Would have been interesting if his one week extension would have failed, what would he have done then I wonder. Shut Homeland Security down, or try to pass the actual Senate bill?

If only the Congressional Republicans goose stepped in lockstep like the Lemming Democrats.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-28 12:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep fantasizing.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-28 12:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are living in fantasy land. The executive order is dead. The judge killed it and it is dead unless his ruling is overturned onappeal. The "stay" of his ruling was requested by the Justice Department but his ruling has still halted the EO. It's dead and will not be overturned due to the obvious over reach.

If you read all 123 pages of that ruling you are more of a loser than I thought lol. You didn't though so be happy just being a liar.

It's not an executive order, anyway, but if you'd read the memorandum, you'd know you are wrong about both the grounds of the case and what the judge's injunction does.

The DoJ will pursue an appeal, but failing that, they'll just put a provision in that allows states to determine eligibility for licensure and the injunction will be retracted. The judge even outlines that as the means to redress.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-28 12:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If it was as "dead" as Aman claims, why are House Republicans so adamant in shutting down DHS just to undo the order?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-28 13:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If it was as "dead" as Aman claims, why are House Republicans so adamant in shutting down DHS just to undo the order?

Because they don't believe it's the right way to get it done. I don't blame them for having a backup plan or sticking to their guns, I just don't like the way they're going about it. Sure, all the people who will be required to show up to work and not get paid for it will get their backpay at some point, but it's a really counter-productive way to legislate. You don't like this plan, come up with a better one, and get it passed.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-28 14:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa, what backup plan? They don't have a backup plan, the plan is to do nothing. If they had a backup plan, they would be taking up immigration reform. But they aren't even talking, much less thinking, about immigration reform. There is no plan for the GOP.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 14:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They shouldn't be. I understand they want to show their constituents that they tried, but it is clear that the Democrats will block any attempt to stop President Obama's executive order. It is also abundantly clear that President Obama will gladly shut down any department of the government or even the entire government. It is not even a game of political chicken with him. He will do it and he will enjoy it. the media, in the pocket of the Democrats, will blame the Republicans. It's a political loser. The courts will keep his executive order blocked because it clearly is executive over reach. As usual they are correct in principle but are completely inept in tactics. The Democrats have been drawing dead for years but continue to win the poker games even with the losing argument.

The media as a cheerleader for one political party is disastrous to the health of our nation.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-28 14:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa, what backup plan? They don't have a backup plan, the plan is to do nothing. If they had a backup plan, they would be taking up immigration reform. But they aren't even talking, much less thinking, about immigration reform. There is no plan for the GOP.

Isn't it amazing how productive doing nothing can be? They have the staunch support of a large number of people and the know-how to be the hero. They stand for something, and people love them for it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-28 18:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't amazing how productive doing nothing can be?

Now, if only I can convince my wife of that....
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-28 19:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing nothing is still doing something philosophically speaking !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-28 19:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Isn't amazing how productive doing nothing can be?

Now, if only I can convince my wife of that....

I'm right with you.

On a side note, I seem to be having trouble with propositions today...

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-01 11:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Madonna has compared France to Nazi Germany, claiming that "anti-Semitism is at an all-time high" in the country and elsewhere in Europe.

The singer had recovered sufficiently from the "horror show" of her fall at the Brit Awards this week to deliver the scathing assessment of intolerance in France, which she described as a country that no longer encourages freedom.

"We're living in crazy times. It feels like Nazi Germany," she said.

"It was a country that embraced everyone and encouraged freedom in every way, shape or form – artistic expression of freedom," the 56-year-old told Europe 1 radio. "Now that's completely gone.

"France was once a country that accepted people of colour, and was a place artists escaped to, whether it was Josephine Baker or Charlie Parker," said the artist whose 13th studio album, Rebel Heart, will be released on March 6.

Madonna described her spectacular fall while performing a song at this week's Brit Awards as a "horror show" and said that she had suffered whiplash.

But she appeared to be back on form for her interview with Europe 1, taking another swipe at Marine Le Pen, the French far-Right leader whose Front National party she has described as "fascist".

Her spat with Miss Le Pen began in 2012 after the far-Right leader threatened to sue the star over a video featuring an image of the Front National leader with a swastika on her forehead. The offending symbol was eventually replaced with a question mark to avoid litigation.

Madonna told Europe 1 that the motives that led her to speak out against intolerance in 2012 were even more pressing today.

"What I said two years ago is valid today," she said. "It's not just happening in France, it's all over Europe. But particularly in France.

"The level of intolerance is so enormous, it's scary."

The Front National filed a lawsuit against Madonna over the 2012 video but it was later dismissed. The party's lawyer Wallerand de Saint-Just says it may revive legal action against the singer when she next performs in France this summer.

An annual opinion poll published this week revealed that 69 per cent of French people believe there are too many immigrants in the country and that half the country wants the death penalty brought back.
Madonna says France 'feels like Nazi Germany'
By fonewear 2015-03-01 11:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just surprised Madonna is still alive.
By fonewear 2015-03-01 11:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Can we go one day without Madonna blaming the Jews on her failing career !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-01 12:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Defying U.S. President Barack Obama, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu flew to Washington on Sunday to warn Congress about the risks of a possible nuclear deal with Iran in a speech that has imperiled ties between the two allies.

Israel fears that Obama's Iran diplomacy, with an end-of-March deadline for a framework accord, will allow its arch foe to develop atomic weapons -- something Tehran denies seeking.

But by accepting an invitation from the Republican party to address Congress on March 3, the Israeli leader infuriated the Obama administration, which said it was not told of the speech before plans were made public in an apparent breach of protocol.

Earlier this week, Obama's national security adviser, Susan Rice, said the partisanship caused by Netanyahu's looming address was "destructive to the fabric of U.S.-Israeli ties".

But Netanyahu, who is running for re-election in a March 17 ballot, has framed his visit as being above politics and he portrayed himself on Sunday as being a guardian for all Jews.

"I’m going to Washington on a fateful, even historic, mission," he said as he boarded his plane in Tel Aviv.

"I feel that I am an emissary of all Israel's citizens, even those who do not agree with me, and of the entire Jewish people," he told reporters.

U.S. officials fear he is seeking to sabotage the Iran diplomacy, and critics have suggested his visit is an elaborate election stunt that will play well with voters back home.

While White House and Israeli officials insist that key areas of cooperation from counter-terrorism to intelligence to cyber security will remain unaffected, the deepening divide over the Iran talks is shaping up as the worst in decades.

Previously Israel has always been careful to navigate between the Republican and Democrat camps. The planned address, however, has driven a rare wedge between Netanyahu's government and some congressional Democrats. Some two dozen or more of them plan to boycott the speech, according to unofficial estimates.
Netanyahu flies to U.S., ties fraying over his planned Iran speech
By fonewear 2015-03-01 12:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The Jews are coming to D.C. I'm scared now.
First Page 2 3 ... 342 343 344 ... 1375 1376 1377