Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 341 342 343 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-27 22:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Fun factoid, Obama has actually used executive action the least out of recent presidents he just gets the most vitriol for it.

He issues Presidential Memoranda which are equal to Executive Orders. They play a dishonest name game as usual. Do you have a count on his Presidential Memoranda compared to other Presidents?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-27 23:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Homeland Security given one week extension after Boehner's bill fails

Least effective Speaker continues to have no control over his chamber. His own 3 week plan was defeated easily, which is good considering nothing is going to change. Now they have one week to pout until the clean DHS bill that the Senate passed becomes law one way or the other. Its going to be a long week for Boehner, hope he enjoys all the humiliation.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-28 00:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
One he grants legal status to people clearly in America in violation of the law. Two he is issuing working papers to them which is clearly in violation of existing law. Giving them working papers go above and beyond not enforcing the law. It is saying that this is the new law.

1. It doesn't grant legal status to people here illegally, it grants a stay on deportation proceedings under special circumstances. That's well within his authority under current USCIS/DoHS organization.

2. Work permits are issued by USCIS/DoHS both as a condition of residency and in conjunction with it. That, again, is well within his authority.

Simply claiming something is illegal or outside his powers doesn't make it so, you need to have an actual regulation or law he violated. In this case, those don't exist. I don't agree with his action, I think it's the wrong way to get it done, but I agree far less with symbolic inaction. The EO was a temporary stopgap to buy time while congress focused on end of term sessions, budgets, etc. They should have taken the opportunity to get something done instead of posturing and sitting in front of TV cameras.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-28 00:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Least effective Speaker continues to have no control over his chamber. His own 3 week plan was defeated easily, which is good considering nothing is going to change. Now they have one week to pout until the clean DHS bill that the Senate passed becomes law one way or the other. Its going to be a long week for Boehner, hope he enjoys all the humiliation.

It's hard to look embarrassed when you're already orange.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-28 00:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
It's hard to embarrassed when you're already orange.

Another unnecessary racial slur. You make me sick.

[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-28 00:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It's hard to embarrassed when you're already orange.

Another unnecessary racial slur. You make me sick.

[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-28 01:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

One he grants legal status to people clearly in America in violation of the law.
So did Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Sr., Clinton, and Bush, Jr.

Not that what you're claiming and what was actually being done are the same thing, of course. But virtually every president has protected illegals.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-28 07:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Allah Versus KFC
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-28 08:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Oh yea I like where this is going.
By fonewear 2015-02-28 08:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This could easily be an American sentiment:

Why liberals think burning down a KFC would help topple the military regime of President Obama ?

Answer: Eating animals is cruel and unusual !
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 08:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

One he grants legal status to people clearly in America in violation of the law. Two he is issuing working papers to them which is clearly in violation of existing law. Giving them working papers go above and beyond not enforcing the law. It is saying that this is the new law.

1. It doesn't grant legal status to people here illegally, it grants a stay on deportation proceedings under special circumstances. That's well within his authority under current USCIS/DoHS organization.

2. Work permits are issued by USCIS/DoHS both as a condition of residency and in conjunction with it. That, again, is well within his authority.

Simply claiming something is illegal or outside his powers doesn't make it so, you need to have an actual regulation or law he violated. In this case, those don't exist. I don't agree with his action, I think it's the wrong way to get it done, but I agree far less with symbolic inaction. The EO was a temporary stopgap to buy time while congress focused on end of term sessions, budgets, etc. They should have taken the opportunity to get something done instead of posturing and sitting in front of TV cameras.

1) His Executive Order did give legal status. It went beyond just saying we do not have the funds to deport these people so we will not prosecute them. It was going to issue work permits and social security numbers which gave them legal status, contrary to existing law, until the Executive action is overturned by any President or the law changes. This is why the Judge struck it down.

Don't act intentionally dumb. Why do I have to show which law "illegal" immigrants are in violation of? Are you claiming they are not "illegal immigrants." You can sit down and read the entire Immigration and Naturalization Act to find their many violations. His Executive Actions are contrary to this law on the books which is why his EO is illegal. His EO simply creates new immigration law.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 08:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
One he grants legal status to people clearly in America in violation of the law.

Not that what you're claiming and what was actually being done are the same thing, of course. But virtually every president has protected illegals.

Again I don't care about some vague history you want to bring up. If you want to discuss the specific circumstances for each of those Presidents at the time of the EO and the specifics of the EO then be my guest. I will tell you President Obama's though. After squandering a supermajority in the Senate and large majority in the House, the President and Democrats decided to do nothing on immigration reform when they could have had anything. Once the Republicans gained control of the Democrats refused to cooperate with their usual all or nothing approach. They refused to make simple concessions on increasing border security which I would think anyone would want. This dragged on and eventually the President lost the Senate. Before he could even give a chance for the new Republican House and Senate to take up immigration, instead of showing leadership and moderation by working with them; during a lame duck session of Congress he issued the Executive Order giving blanket legal status to over 5 million illegal immigrants contrary to existing immigration law. Are those the circumstances of the other Presidents' EO's that you mentioned?

Google-fu time?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-28 09:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to get rid of the presidents executive order on immigration? Get congress to pass immigration reform and then Obama can't do anything. Congress refuses to do anything about it but *** about nothing of any substance instead of actually addressing the issue and resolving it as they could do.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-28 09:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Republicans also promised they wouldn't govern like this when they took over both houses this week to week *** and looming deadlines.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-28 09:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »

Again I don't care about some vague history you want to bring up. If you want to discuss the specific circumstances for each of those Presidents at the time of the EO and the specifics of the EO then be my guest. I will tell you President Obama's though. After squandering a supermajority in the Senate and large majority in the House, the President and Democrats decided to do nothing on immigration reform when they could have had anything. Once the Republicans gained control of the Democrats refused to cooperate with their usual all or nothing approach. They refused to make simple concessions on increasing border security which I would think anyone would want. This dragged on and eventually the President lost the Senate. Before he could even give a chance for the new Republican House and Senate to take up immigration, instead of showing leadership and moderation by working with them; during a lame duck session of Congress he issued the Executive Order giving blanket legal status to over 5 million illegal immigrants contrary to existing immigration law. Are those the circumstances of the other Presidents' EO's that you mentioned?

Google-fu time?
There's nothing stopping them from taking up immigration reform now. They refuse to do it. They'd rather complain and try to turn it into votes for themselves than get anything real done.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 09:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Republicans also promised they wouldn't govern like this when they took over both houses this week to week *** and looming deadlines.

Democrats are continuing to obstruct regular order in Congress. The House passed a Bill. It went to the Senate. Regular order is the Bill is debated and amended then voted on. If it passes the Senate version goes back to the House. But what actually happened is the Senate Democrat minority wanted something changed in the House Bill. They wanted to amend it, but instead of allowing amendments to the bill they filibustered it. They would not allow the bill to even be changed in the Senate. They obstructed.

It seems people need a civics lesson now and again.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 09:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to get rid of the presidents executive order on immigration? Get congress to pass immigration reform and then Obama can't do anything. Congress refuses to do anything about it but *** about nothing of any substance instead of actually addressing the issue and resolving it as they could do.

So the President is holding immigration reform for ransom then illegally. Change the law or the President will change it for you. Nice brah.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-28 09:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

1) His Executive Order did give legal status. It went beyond just saying we do not have the funds to deport these people so we will not prosecute them. It was going to issue work permits and social security numbers which gave them legal status, contrary to existing law, until the Executive action is overturned by any President or the law changes. This is why the Judge struck it down.

Don't act intentionally dumb. Why do I have to show which law "illegal" immigrants are in violation of? Are you claiming they are not "illegal immigrants." You can sit down and read the entire Immigration and Naturalization Act to find their many violations. His Executive Actions are contrary to this law on the books which is why his EO is illegal. His EO simply creates new immigration law.

A district court in Texas filed an injunction. They didn't strike it down as illegal.

Linky

And, again, DACA/DAPA is a deferment of deportation proceedings. Anyone ever issued a work permit in the US, including people who come here for a summer, have a social security number. My wife had a social security number when she came here to take classes for a semester at 17 because her visa gave her the right to work.

I asked what part of Obama's EO was illegal, and you have yet to produce any law it violates and show your ignorance of USCIS processes. Back up your statements.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 09:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Two more years of obstruction by the Democrats and protection by the media.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 09:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A district court in Texas filed an injunction. They didn't strike it down as illegal.

Linky

And, again, DACA/DAPA is a deferment of deportation proceedings. Anyone ever issued a work permit in the US, including people who come here for a summer, have a social security number. My wife had a social security number when she came here to take classes for a semester at 17 because her visa gave her the right to work.

I asked what part of Obama's EO was illegal, and you have yet to produce any law it violates and show your ignorance of USCIS processes. Back up your statements.

It is struck down. If the judges order is not overturned on appeal it will never be the law.

The EO is illegal because it grants legal status in violation of existing immigration law. You get into this modes with your dunce cap on and force me to talk in the simplest terms.

Here it goes Jass. Nice and slow.

1) Before the Executive order the "illegal" immigrants were here "illegally". They had no legal status as per the Immigration and Naturalization Laws.

2) After the Executive Order the "illegal" immigrants now were here legally, with paperwork and social security numbers, which is contrary to our Immigration Law.

3) This is a situation where by decree the President created his own immigration law which is directly opposed to our current Immigration law.

4) This is why it is illegal.

Edit: How many times to I have to say the Immigration and Naturalization Act before you stop asking which law it violates? Do you even read what I say or just start arguing?

Oh I see? Grammar Nazi again. Immigration and *Nationality* Act. You got me, Miss.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-28 09:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry guys Hillary has a plan it's jut not a good one !

Obama is living in the past. It's all about 2016 now.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-28 09:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So the President is holding immigration reform for ransom then illegally. Change the law or the President will change it for you. Nice brah.
No he isn't.

We need it anyways and have for awhile. Congress would rather do nothing though and try to score points for themselves instead.
By fonewear 2015-02-28 09:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Expecting Congress to do something this close to 2016 yea not going to happen.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 09:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No he isn't.

We need it anyways and have for awhile. Congress would rather do nothing though and try to score points for themselves instead.

To be clear then you are cool with any future President making laws on a whim regardless of existing law? Whether you agree with the law or not?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 09:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Don't worry guys Hillary has a plan it's jut not a good one !

Obama is living in the past. It's all about 2016 now.

I think people are waking up to the fact that she is a complete fraud and represents everything that a liberal hates. She is a bad candidate that stands for nothing except abortion. Even people that are voting for her because she has a vagina will come around.

I just made myself vomit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-28 09:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Executive orders aren't laws. Do you not understand this?
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-28 09:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Executive orders aren't laws. Do you not understand this?

They have the same effect as Laws. Do you understand this? Thus, they cannot contradict a Law. Do you understand this?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-28 09:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

republicans complaining about fillibusters. I needed a good laugh this morning.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-28 09:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Linky

It is struck down. If the judges order is not overturned on appeal it will never be the law.

The EO is illegal because it grants legal status in violation of existing immigration law. You get into this modes with your dunce cap on and force me to talk in the simplest terms.

Here it goes Jass. Nice and slow.

1) Before the Executive order the "illegal" immigrants were here "illegally". They had no legal status as per the Immigration and Naturalization Laws.

2) After the Executive Order the "illegal" immigrants now were here legally, with paperwork and social security numbers, which is contrary to our Immigration Law.

3) This is a situation where by decree the President created his own immigration law which is directly opposed to our current Immigration law.

4) This is why it is illegal.

Edit: How many times to I have to say the Immigration and Naturalization Act before you stop asking which law it violates? Do you even read what I say or just start arguing?

Oh I see? Grammar Nazi again. Immigration and *Nationality* Act. You got me, Miss.

BUZZZ! Wrong again, the injunction is temporary, it will expire.

BUZZZZZZZ!!!! Wrong yet again, DACA is legal, deferred action has been upheld. So your reasoning, other than being copy/paste of the Fox reasoning, also has no basis in fact.

For the EO to be illegal, it has to violate a law, Judge Hanan found that the states filing the injunction showed enough evidence of it creating an economic hardship to temporarily stop it's implementation for both parties to present a case. In fact, it's not a decision, it's only been stopped because it was scheduled to go into effect this week.

Stop watching Fox, you might learn something from watching the news.
First Page 2 3 ... 341 342 343 ... 1375 1376 1377