Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2014-07-16 15:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I don't see the problem here. The more time Obama spends away from doing presidential duties, the better off we'll be anyway.

lol, such an odd world view one has, but ok.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-16 15:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bush spent over 1000 days on vacation during is 8 years, actually just over 30% of his presidency was vacation. Obama hasn't even come close to that. But, since he's such a terrible president and Bush was such a great one, no wonder we're in such bad shape!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-16 16:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bush didn't look all uppity on vacation though.

See!
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-16 16:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
But, since he's such a terrible president and Bush was such a great one, no wonder we're in such bad shape!

They are both terrible presidents.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-16 16:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have trouble calling either terrible presidents, I can say I disagree with both of their policies almost universally. I can say with conviction that Bush is a terrible person and a dimwit and Obama is a liar and professional victim.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-16 16:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

esienhower is playing too much golf! he's terrible!
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-16 16:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say with conviction that Bush is a terrible person and a dimwit and Obama is a liar and professional victim.

Actually, I like this much better! [+]x10
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-07-19 10:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope Wanda Sykes is our next president.
By fonewear 2014-07-19 10:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bush spent over 1000 days on vacation during is 8 years, actually just over 30% of his presidency was vacation. Obama hasn't even come close to that. But, since he's such a terrible president and Bush was such a great one, no wonder we're in such bad shape!

Bush is still on vacation to this day.

Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-22 10:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This is only true if you consider vacation time outside of DC "vacation". Bush spent most of that time at his ranch in Texas. Doubtful one would ever really consider it "exotic" when compared to the costs of taking half of Washington to Hawaii or the Bahamas booking whole floors of hotels to do so.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-22 10:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news Federal court gut federal subsidies in the ACA.

Looks like all those freeloaders (7ish mil) on the federal exchange will have to come up with that subsidy themselves! Sparing the rest of us.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 11:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also in other news, here is another act that pretty much shits on other foreign governments with our regulations (which is illegal for international law, but since the act hasn't come to full effect until July 1 of this year, there hasn't been many complaints yet)

Basically, what this does is it enforces rules and regulations on foreign banks with regards to both US owners and possible US owned corporations (any companies who has US owners who owns more than 10%, by the guidelines of the IRS) and tells the foreign countries to enforce IRS regulations.

Not only does this make foreign companies who may have US investors have to follow IRS regulations (or lose in civil penalties up to 50% of their bank account, according to FBAR rules), but also forces foreign governments to police said companies and banks on behalf of the IRS.

I wonder how IRS will go after foreign companies and governments who do not follow their guidelines, even though they have no jurisdiction in said regulations....

BTW, this Act was passed in June of 2010. So, obviously it's Bush's fault!
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-23 22:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Paula Deen is gearing up for a serious comeback

Quote:
Paula Deen’s downfall was a sight to behold last year, as the Southern celebrity food personality’s career imploded when word leaked that she admitted to using racial slurs. She lost her highly lucrative deal with the Food Network, as well as multiple endorsement deals.

In the wake of the disaster — and her not-well-regarded apology videos — Deen has mainly stayed out of the public eye, except for events catered to her most devoted fans. But it’s been a year, and with new management and publicity team, and a new influx of cash, everything is in place: Deen is gearing up for a serious comeback.

About a month ago, Deen announced that she was launching the Paula Deen Network, a subscription-based digital network available only on computers and mobile devices. (The gears were set in motion earlier this year when a rich investor in Phoenix helped form her new-era company, Paula Deen Ventures, with a reported $75 million – $100 million investment.) And on Tuesday, Deen confirmed that the network will launch on Sept. 24, and her network’s Web site is officially open to pre-subscribers.

“You can turn off your TV, y’all, because the only place to watch my new shows and interact directly with me is right here on your computer, smartphone or tablet on the Paula Deen Network,” Deen cheerfully announced in a video on Twitter.

Things to come on the network: Shows featuring Southern cooking and budget-friendly, healthy meals, along with a behind-the-scenes look at Deen’s daily life. She promised special bonuses to people who signed up Tuesday (for $7.99/month for an annual subscription), including a VIP invite to the network launch party along with access to live cooking classes.

Deen recently allowed cameras on the set of her new network, which will be filmed in her Savannah, Ga., home.

“It’s just hard to believe that just a year ago where we were and where we are today,” Deen said in a video via “Entertainment Tonight.”

Several celebrities have gone the online-only route, though few have weathered a controversy quite like Deen’s. While everything seems to be coming together for her re-entry into the public eye, the only thing left to see is if the actual viewers will follow suit.

Hopefully she does well I really loved her recipes.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-23 22:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Healthy food, from the butter lady? what?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-07-23 22:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Get that butter ready, y'all!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-23 22:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
In other news Federal court gut federal subsidies in the ACA.

Looks like all those freeloaders (7ish mil) on the federal exchange will have to come up with that subsidy themselves! Sparing the rest of us.

Looks like that won't be happening.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-23 22:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Get that butter ready, y'all!

Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-23 22:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Don't see it happening, pay-to-watch-somebody-cook when you can just watch Rachel Ray for free?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-23 22:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Don't see it happening, pay-to-watch-somebody-cook when you can just watch Rachel Ray for free?

Rachel Rey is nothing compared to Paula Deen. Deen's cooking was amazeballs!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-23 22:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing is very subjective, and its definitely not so amazing that its worth paying to watch.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-23 22:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing is very subjective, and its definitely not so amazing that its worth paying to watch.

Mobile users pay for a lot of stupid stuff, myself included. ***I pay 13/month for a gay version of Facebook...Oh and the 4/month for Slacker Radio.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-23 22:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

DUPE post! please delete :)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-23 22:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Mobile users pay for a lot of stupid stuff, myself included. ***I pay 14/month for a gay version of Facebook...Oh and the 4/month for Slacker Radio.

Gay Facebook? You mean... Facebook? ZING!
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-23 22:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Mobile users pay for a lot of stupid stuff, myself included. ***I pay 14/month for a gay version of Facebook...Oh and the 4/month for Slacker Radio.

Gay Facebook? You mean... Facebook? ZING!

Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-23 22:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of me was hoping it was something sleazy like Grindr or whatever it's called.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-07-23 22:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

DUPE post! please delete :)
No!
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-23 22:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of me was hoping it was something sleazy like Grindr or whatever it's called.

It's similar to Grindr in that it uses GPS to determine your location. but Scruff has a bunch of other bells and whistles like a check-in feature, video messaging and you can woof other guys lol
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-07-23 22:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a lesbian version of that?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-23 22:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Is there a lesbian version of that?

Yeah Wing Maam and FindHrr. I'm sure there are more.

Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-23 22:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Wing Maam and FindHrr. I'm sure there are more.
Aww, I was hoping for funnier names.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 1375 1376 1377