Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 171 172 173 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-18 22:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As before, you probably won't get any of the conservatives disagreeing about Boehner, Vic. We at least recognize when someone from our own party is a complete buffoon. I just hope the average voter feels the same way during the next election cycle. Kick 'im to the curb.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-18 22:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
As before, you probably won't get any of the conservatives disagreeing about Boehner, Vic. We at least recognize when someone from our own party is a complete buffoon. I just hope the average voter feels the same way during the next election cycle. Kick 'im to the curb.

Well, it doesn't have to take until the next election cycle, it can happen in just a few weeks.

Time for a new Speaker?

Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-18 22:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

About the only way that will happen is either he doesn't run or he gets primary'd by someone further right.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-18 22:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

About the only way that will happen is either he doesn't run or he gets primary'd by someone further right.

If he becomes unpopular enough, something unusual like that could occur. Also, it's not how far to the right he is that makes him awful, it's his decision-making in general. Harry Reid had the same problem, just from the opposite end of the political spectrum.
By Altimaomega 2014-12-18 22:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If he becomes unpopular enough, something unusual like that could occur. Also, it's not how far to the right he is that makes him awful, it's his decision-making in general. Harry Reid had the same problem, just from the opposite end of the political spectrum.

Reid and Boehner are remarkably similar our side can see it why can't the other? At least Reid is no longer relevant.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-18 22:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody left of him will win in his district, hence, he'd have to be primary'd by someone further right. Either way, I don't believe for one second that he's making all these choices alone, he's got colleagues or handlers at least helping him make all these bad moves. I'd be more worried about what their intentions are.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-18 22:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Well, it doesn't have to take until the next election cycle, it can happen in just a few weeks.

Time for a new Speaker?

I find it hard to take such a biased article seriously. Nevertheless, can you imagine what a political boon it would be for Congressional Republicans to actually vote against his nomination? What better way is there to show that they're willing to move beyond the freak show that has been modern-day Congress and do something that would actually draw praise from both Democrats and Republicans alike?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-18 23:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for a new Speaker?

I find it hard to take such a biased article seriously. Nevertheless, can you imagine what a political boon it would be for Congressional Republicans to actually vote against his nomination? What better way is there to show that they're willing to move beyond the freak show that has been modern-day Congress and do something that would actually draw praise from both Democrats and Republicans alike?

Republicans showing they can get stuff done by getting rid of this POS as speaker and controlling all congress. Democrats are gonna be in for a rough 2yrs maybe four or more.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 23:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it hard to take such a biased article seriously.
What, Vic presenting a biased article against Republicans?

Blasphemy!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-18 23:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't really take it seriously either, but the fact is, he was embattled last year, and only kept his Speakership because Cantor backed him. And that cost Cantor his job, he didn't even make it out of primaries. Whats going to save him this time?

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Blasphemy!

Yeah, first time ever. So what.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-18 23:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Time for a new Speaker?

Republicans showing they can get stuff done by getting rid of this POS as speaker and controlling all congress. Democrats are gonna be in for a rough 2yrs maybe four or more.

I highly doubt the mood will shift much, there isn't a supermajority, so Obama can just veto anything he wants and push out executive orders at will. Start looking to see small scale cooperation on both ends, 2016 is on everyone's mind, regardless of party.
By Altimaomega 2014-12-18 23:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for a new Speaker?

I highly doubt the mood will shift much, there isn't a supermajority, so Obama can just veto anything he wants and push out executive orders at will. Start looking to see small scale cooperation on both ends, 2016 is on everyone's mind, regardless of party.

Like you all highly doubted Republicans would take the senate, gain in the house and governors. Think I'd rather listen to my dog tell me about politics than anyone from the left side of this forum.

I didn't really take it seriously either, but the fact is, he was embattled last year, and only kept his Speakership because Cantor backed him. And that cost Cantor his job, he didn't even make it out of primaries. Whats going to save him this time?

Hopefully nothing? What is it gonna take for you to realize nobody here wants/wanted Boehner as speaker.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 23:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Blasphemy!

Yeah, first time ever. So what.
Oh really now?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-18 23:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing biased about those articles, try again. Pretty hard to be biased when you are just reporting what GOP lawmakers said.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-18 23:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully nothing? What is it gonna take for you to realize nobody here wants/wanted Boehner as speaker.

Oh, if only your OPINION was enough to oust the Speaker of the House. LOL.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 23:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck, you can't even go beyond the title to see how biased the writer is.
By Altimaomega 2014-12-18 23:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you realize you're in a forum on the internet with people talking about their opinions? Just wondering..
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-18 23:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you realize you're in a forum on the internet with people talking about their opinions? Just wondering..

Oh yeah I realize it. Do you realize if everyone on this forum lines up against Boehner, it doesn't mean ***? I wasn't asking who on this forum is going to save his job.
By Altimaomega 2014-12-18 23:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah I realize it. Do you realize if everyone on this forum lines up against Boehner, it doesn't mean ***? I wasn't asking who on this forum is going to save his job.

Hahahahahaaa You actually thought I was being literal! Wow.. lol
Thanks I needed that..
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-18 23:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

*Stealing from KN*

Nice backpedal.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 23:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That wasn't a backpedal....
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-18 23:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Like you all highly doubted Republicans would take the senate, gain in the house and governors.

I was one of the ones saying they'd get a majority, bubba.

Quote:
Think I'd rather listen to my dog tell me about politics than anyone from the left side of this forum.

And that's a huge problem in politics, nobody wants to hear an opposing viewpoint, they just stick their fingers in their ears and yell nonsense at the top of their lungs. Most people have the same M.O. for politics as they have for sports teams... and the use of "us" and "them" as if the GOP or Democrats have a clue who you are or would claim you is revolting.
By Altimaomega 2014-12-18 23:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

*Stealing from KN*

Nice backpedal.

Huh? I don't even know what you're talking about. I'm gonna guess that you mean KN laughs at you. Hahahaha That's *** hilarious!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 23:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

*Stealing from KN*

Nice backpedal.

Huh? I don't even know what you're talking about. I'm gonna guess that you mean KN laughs at you. Hahahaha That's *** hilarious!
Well, anytime Vic posts, he usually types with his ***.

Sometimes you get coherent information, but it's mostly ***.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-19 00:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Like you all highly doubted Republicans would take the senate, gain in the house and governors.

Quote:
Think I'd rather listen to my dog tell me about politics than anyone from the left side of this forum.

And that's a huge problem in politics, nobody wants to hear an opposing viewpoint, they just stick their fingers in their ears and yell nonsense at the top of their lungs. Most people have the same M.O. for politics as they have for sports teams... and the use of "us" and "them" as if the GOP or Democrats have a clue who you are or would claim you is revolting.

I do not recollect you saying that, my bad. Not many said it and the ones that did got criticized hard. Silly me, I thought you was being a hypocrite again.

I want to hear the opposing viewpoint btw.. Its like the only reason I am here. Thing is you guys just really suck at presenting it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-19 00:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I do not recollect you saying that, my bad. Not many said it and the ones that did got criticized hard. Silly me, I thought you was being a hypocrite again.

I want to hear the opposing viewpoint btw.. Its like the only reason I am here. Thing is you guys just really suck at presenting it.

I rarely give my viewpoint, I discuss issues from all sides.
By Altimaomega 2014-12-19 00:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Guess that is why I think you're a hypocrite..
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-12-19 07:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

loooool

He also claims he didn't vote for Obama, now, and took the time to write in Mickey Mouse.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-19 07:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
He also claims he didn't vote for Obama, now, and took the time to write in Mickey Mouse.

I did! (vote for Obama that is; not Mickey. Mickey's a good guy, and his financial policies sure seem secure, but I'm not sure he's got the guts to pull the trigger on killing people who might need killed. That and I think he might have picked up a touch of the antisemitism from Walt.)

Lesser of two evils.

I'd do it again offered the same choices.

Doesn't mean I'm in love with the guy or support everything he's done.

McCain may have been okay on his own, but anyone who chooses to associate themselves with Sarah Palin has a glaringly obvious deficit that I simply can't just ignore.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-19 07:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
That's what all voters for Obama say.

"Oh, I support the liberal agenda, but I never voted for Obama!"

Well, it is to be expected for liberals to say that when their leader has been denying everything he can his entire political career...
First Page 2 3 ... 171 172 173 ... 1375 1376 1377