Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 168 169 170 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Altimaomega 2014-12-17 14:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Quote:
The Obamas talked with People magazine about dealing with their "own racist experiences," as the magazine described.

Michelle Obama told one story that recently took place, even as she was first lady of the United States.

"I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new," Michelle Obama, who is 5'11", said.

She also said that her husband, Barack Obama, was asked to get coffee when he was wearing a tux. "He was wearing a tuxedo at a black-tie dinner, and somebody asked him to get coffee," she told People.

The president told his own experiences. "There's no black male my age, who's a professional, who hasn't come out of a restaurant and is waiting for their car and somebody didn't hand them their car keys," Obama told the magazine.
source

I'd laugh, but the jokes on us..
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-17 14:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Right on cue, Obama is out to remind us that despite lying to the public, pissing all over them, and shredding the constitution, he's the victim.

Disgusting.

Anyone remember when Obama was running for president when Bill Clinton told Ted Kennedy "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee"?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-17 15:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm telling you. You people need to stop fixating on Obama particularly and start realizing that the vast majority of politicians are failing us as a people unless you're already among the super rich.

Taxation without representation is a thing in a lot of ways right now. If you're not represented -- directly or indirectly -- by a lobby (or unless you're a major contributor to a PAC), you mean almost nothing to them.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-17 15:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I'm telling you. You people need to stop fixating on Obama particularly and start realizing that the vast majority of politicians are failing us as a people unless you're already among the super rich.

Taxation without representation is a thing in a lot of ways right now. If you're not represented -- directly or indirectly -- by a lobby (or unless you're a major contributor to a PAC), you mean almost nothing to them.

Dude, money talks! In all seriousness, it always will. It costs money to fund political movements and spread political ideas. The solution isn't to try and deny the influence money has, the solution is to create economic growth so that everyone has more opportunity for a bigger voice.
By Altimaomega 2014-12-17 15:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Dude, money talks! In all seriousness, it always will. It costs money to fund political movements and spread political ideas. The solution isn't to try and deny the influence money has, the solution is to create economic growth so that everyone has more opportunity for a bigger voice.

Its easier to just stamp your feet and whine about how nothing will ever change and do nothing about it. I'll bet ramyez despises the tea party even though they have the best chance to bring some real change.
By volkom 2014-12-17 15:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

the vast majority of politicians are failing us as a people unless you're already among the super rich.

I agree and a huge portion of the house got replaced so will be interesting to see what happens when they start their terms
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-17 16:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be interesting indeed. The republicans have a HUGE opportunity to actually listen to the majority of voters who voted several weeks ago. I sure hope they move forward in faith with their constituents.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-17 16:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Its easier to just stamp your feet and whine about how nothing will ever change and do nothing about it. I'll bet ramyez despises the tea party even though they have the best chance to bring some real change.

Yep. I'm just some fat, stupid, self-hating libtard on welfare and food stamps in my mom's basement, that she in turn pays for through section 8 housing.

Because that's everyone who doesn't agree with you or support your idiotic "reform" party.

Libertarianism is the epitome of money-talks politics. And you can pretend you're enlightened or "realistic" as you want to, but I just don't think that's how things should be done, let alone how they have to be done.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-12-17 18:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this what small government, large corporation looks like?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-17 18:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Is this what small government, large corporation looks like?
No, that's what large government, bought votes through welfare and tax credits looks like. AKA today. Except the economic growth part, because there is none.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-12-17 18:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you see the contradiction? Nausi said: This is the solution. You said: this is what's wrong. I'm not even knit-picking. I just don't know what either of you is advocating.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-17 19:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be interesting indeed. The republicans have a HUGE opportunity to actually listen to the majority of voters who voted several weeks ago. I sure hope they move forward in faith with their constituents.
Look, another example of somebody who thinks the elected are supposed to do what the electorate wants, instead of what is best for them.

We are not a democracy.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-17 19:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Right on cue, Obama is out to remind us that despite lying to the public, pissing all over them, and shredding the constitution, he's the victim.

Disgusting.

Anyone remember when Obama was running for president when Bill Clinton told Ted Kennedy "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee"?
Name 1 thing Obama did against the constitution that Bush didn't also do.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-17 19:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. I'm just some fat, stupid, self-hating libtard on welfare and food stamps in my mom's basement, that she in turn pays for through section 8 housing.

Because that's everyone who doesn't agree with you or support your idiotic "reform" party.

Libertarianism is the epitome of money-talks politics. And you can pretend you're enlightened or "realistic" as you want to, but I just don't think that's how things should be done, let alone how they have to be done.

Ramy, I like you. Don't let our differences make you think otherwise.

/commonwealthbrofist
By Altimaomega 2014-12-17 19:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I just prefer to back a horse that has a chance of coming from behind instead of the "sure thing" that happens to be "nothing" in this case.

Dunno why you think this. "Yep. I'm just some fat, stupid, self-hating libtard on welfare and food stamps in my mom's basement, that she in turn pays for through section 8 housing."

Probably, because its impossible to have a conversation on this forum without everyone resorting to name calling. However, I'm fairly positive I've never called you any of those things.. Ever. Here I was thinking you was one of the more reasonable on this forum.
By Altimaomega 2014-12-17 19:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Look, another example of somebody who thinks the elected are supposed to do what the electorate wants, instead of what is best for them.

We are not a democracy.

Look, more lack of reading comprehension on the part of jet.

Disgusting.

Name 1 thing Obama did against the constitution that Bush didn't also do.

Signed the ACA. Possibly involved in IRS scandal.(Surprise, it looks like it really did happen after all.) Continued to do everything Bush did even though he got elected saying he would do the opposite. Twice! And people fell for it Twice! (lol) Keep defending him though its good fun.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-17 19:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, Alti pretending to know words he doesn't comprehend.

The ACA isn't a violation of the constitution.

There is no IRS scandal.

Like I said: something that Bush didn't do.

I'm not defending him, just if you're going to be mad at the guy, make sense about it, as there's plenty to be angry with him about to where you don't have to fabricate nonsense, but if you did that, you'd have to hit the GoP as well, as they're guilty of the same ***.

I award you no points.
[+]
By Zackan 2014-12-17 19:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no IRS scandal.

I'm not defending him, just if you're going to be mad at the guy, make sense about it, as there's plenty to be angry with him about to where you don't have to fabricate nonsense, but if you did that, you'd have to hit the GoP as well, as they're guilty of the same ***.

I award you no points.

I +1 this, I am Republican, but I am part of that group who is willing to hold both sides accountable
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-12-17 19:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm anti-fascist/corporatism pro personal freedoms, and pro social progress. That just confuses the *** out of people.

Pardon me while I go get my gun.
By Altimaomega 2014-12-17 20:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no IRS scandal.

I award you no points.

Lack of reading comprehension again and we haven't even paged yet.
Quote:
Continued to do everything Bush did

Maybe one day you'll learn how words work.

Also.
Quote:
if you're going to be mad at the guy, make sense about it, as there's plenty to be angry with him about to where you don't have to fabricate nonsense
I don't feel like being here all night making a list, so I listed the two main real things knowing what your exact answer would be. The ACA is a tax that did not go through the house, Unconstitutional period. The IRS scandal is real whether you admit it or not if ever linked to him its treason imo and others.
By Zackan 2014-12-17 20:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

he said he was anti corporatism
By Jetackuu 2014-12-17 20:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no IRS scandal.

I award you no points.

Quote:

Also.
Quote:
if you're going to be mad at the guy, make sense about it, as there's plenty to be angry with him about to where you don't have to fabricate nonsense
I don't feel like being here all night making a list, so I listed the two main real things knowing what your exact answer would be. The ACA is a tax that did not go through the house, Unconstitutional period. The IRS scandal is real whether you admit it or not if ever linked to him its treason imo and others.

Considering you have a long verified history of not understanding the only language you can speak (aside from cow obviously) I'll take the fact that you cannot comprehend it as a consolation prize.

As for the rest: no, the ACA isn't unconstitutional, and the IRS thing isn't a scandal, but I know how you like to twist reality, so have fun with that.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-17 20:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »
he said he was anti corporatism
^
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-17 20:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The House passed the ACA in March 2010. Easily verifiable information :|
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-17 20:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no IRS scandal.

I award you no points.

Quote:

Also.
Quote:

Considering you have a long verified history of not understanding the only language you can speak (aside from cow obviously) I'll take the fact that you cannot comprehend it as a consolation prize.

As for the rest: no, the ACA isn't unconstitutional, and the IRS thing isn't a scandal, but I know how you like to twist reality, so have fun with that.

Solyndra! Benghazi!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-17 20:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no IRS scandal.

I award you no points.

Quote:

Also.
Quote:

Because the left side of this forum loves to twist words and poke fun at spelling and grammar (onalolinternetforum) every time they are wrong (which is quite often) the only rebuttal you can come up with is this. You must be proud.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The House passed the ACA in March 2010. Easily verifiable information :|

You should look into that. It was not a tax when it left the house. After it was made a tax it should have went back to the house, but since the house would never pass it again it didn't.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-17 21:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You should look into that. It was not a tax when it left the house. After it was made a tax it should have went back to the house, but since the house would never pass it again it didn't.

There were 2 variants of the bill, the one that you're referring to was the house generated bill, which was dropped after the senate passed their version. And, at that time, Dem's didn't have a supermajority, and it did go back to the house. Either way, it's still not unconstitutional. Unless, of course, you want to dismiss the numerous SCotUS decisions...
By Jetackuu 2014-12-17 21:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you keep believing that "us vs them" and "when wrong" thoughts you have, it's cute.
First Page 2 3 ... 168 169 170 ... 1375 1376 1377