Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 126 127 128 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-10-08 14:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Her face isn't that bad but the body...
Opposite here.

Her haircut doesn't go well with her face but her body is fine. She's not that ugly anyway.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-08 14:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Opposite here.

Her haircut doesn't go well with her face but her body is fine. She's not that ugly anyway.
Meh, you can have'er, then. I'm more interested in Fonewear for some odd, inexplicable reason at the moment.

You realize fone is a guy, right?
By Ramyrez 2014-10-08 14:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Opposite here.

Meh, you can have'er, then. I'm more interested in Fonewear for some odd, inexplicable reason at the moment.

I think he means he's interested in Fone's avatar

Which is simply Hannah Minx, a Japanophile with ample lady parts who did bawdy Japanese lessons on YouTube.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-08 14:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Opposite here.

Honestly, Fone's avatar reminds me of a girl I picked up in a bar thinking she would be freaky, and she turned out to just be creepy and weird.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-10-08 14:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Opposite here.

Which is simply Hannah Minx, a Japanophile with ample lady parts who did bawdy Japanese lessons on YouTube.
And some nudes.

It's hard being a famous girls nowadays.

Opposite here.

Wait until she starts talking. She's, well, as much as her body is "nice", I wouldn't dream of going near her, she'd make me lose patience.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-08 15:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Listen to her talk and see if you wouldn't jump off a bridge.

Voice of a generation more like whiny voice of a generation.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-08 15:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Isn't that what they did in 2010?

I don't remember, but ISIS is really hurting his popularity with democrats.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-08 23:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Police mistook a black teenager for a burglar and pepper-sprayed him inside the home of his white foster parents.

It was Monday afternoon when 18-year-old DeShawn Currie came home from school and went up to his room. Unknown to him, a neighbor thought they saw something amiss in a neighborhood of mostly modest brick ranch homes that's had a run of crimes lately. Police were called. A possible burglary in progress.

The three officers dispatched to investigate found the side door ajar and walked in, guns drawn.

Barefoot and dressed in a tank-top and shorts, Currie came downstairs and met them in the dining room.

Not knowing if Currie was a burglar, whether he was armed or who else was in the house, an officer barked orders. Currie tried to explain this was his home. They told him to shut up.

"I did everything that they asked," said Currie, who is about 5-foot-8 and 200-pounds. "I was calm and being compliant with them until something happened."

One of the officers noted the faces of three small white children in the family photos on the mantel. Currie is black.

"Where's your picture if you say you live here?" Stacy Tyler, who made Currie her foster child last December, recounts one of the officers as asking. "He (Currie) snapped. And that's when he got loud and yelling."

Officers raked his face with pepper spray.

"Mr. Currie became very volatile, profane and threatened physical violence toward the police officer," police in this Raleigh suburb said Wednesday in a prepared statement. "In an effort to calm Mr. Currie, the police officer asked him several times to have a seat, which he refused. Mr. Currie became increasingly belligerent and profane and the police officer attempted to restrain Mr. Currie with handcuffs to insure the police officer's and Mr. Currie's safety. Mr. Currie then struck the police officer's left arm knocking the handcuffs to the floor."

That's what led to the pepper spray, police said. No charges were filed against Currie.

"The Fuquay-Varina Police Department does not engage in nor does it condone racial profiling. At no time during this event was race a factor," their statement said.
Police mistakenly think black teen is home burglar
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-09 00:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty clever for the officer to notice that the pictures in the house were a bunch of white kids. The rest is pretty sketchy, entering a house without announcing and macing a teenager for being the wrong color, and rightfully pissed off that a couple cops walked into his house and accused him of burglary.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 02:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"The Fuquay-Varina Police Department does not engage in nor does it condone racial profiling. At no time during this event was race a factor," their statement said.

I don't normally agree with the race baiting of the more recent large cases but I'm going to have to call *** on this one.

I'm glad to hear that no charges are being pressed against this guy, but holy ***...

Did I read that right where the foster parent was home? as she recalled something one of the cops said?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-09 06:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Red Bull GmbH – the makers of the popular energy drinks – settled two class action lawsuits, agreeing the pay $13 million to United States customers.

In the lawsuits, consumers argued that they were misled by the company’s claims about the benefits of drinking Red Bull, with a focus on statements such as “Red Bull gives you wings.”

The court has not decided in favor of the consumers or Red Bull. The settlement was reached due to a number of factors, including the distractions and costs of litigation, according to legal filings.

“Red Bull denies any wrongdoing or liability and while Red Bull believes that its marketing and labeling have always been entirely truthful and accurate, it confirms that all future claims about the functional benefits of its products will be medically and/or scientifically supported,” according to a legal notice announcing the settlement.

Under the terms of the settlement, people who purchased Red Bull products between Jan. 1, 2002 and Oct. 3, 2014 are eligible to receive either a cash payment ($10) or $15 worth of Red Bull products.

Anyone wishing to receive a settlement payment can submit a claim form before March 2, 2015 – but as word spread about the settlement Wednesday, the website was unavailable.

The settlement could be approved in a May court hearing, with payments coming within 150 days of the settlement’s final approval.
If you Bought a Red Bull Since 2002, You Could Get $10
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 06:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've bought a few, but as they made me want to vomit it was rare and in moments of desperation back when I worked two jobs and was pulling up to 48-72 hours at a time without sleep.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-09 06:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I've bought a few, but as they made me want to vomit it was rare and in moments of desperation back when I worked two jobs and was pulling up to 48-72 hours at a time without sleep.
Looks like you got $10 coming your way come next year for compensation, lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-09 06:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Now you know that people will submit false claims and try to get a free $10.

Probably even fake their identities just to get more free $10.

I see a lot of abuse that will happen.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 06:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Looks like you got $10 coming your way come next year for compensation, lol.

I wonder if I would somehow have to prove it, I can potentially bring up old dc transactions if they're still in a database somewhere but that bank and store don't exist anymore...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-09 06:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently you don't even have to provide proof of purchase.

Quote:
The drinkers claimed they were misled by the slogan “Red Bull gives you wings,” stating the company’s advertised benefits of “increased performance,” “improved concentration” and “reaction speed” are false.

Red Bull said they agreed to the settlement to avoid further litigation. However, the company denies any wrongdoing.

To receive a $10 cash payment or $15 in Red Bull products, you must submit a claim form or call 877-495-1568 and requesting that it be sent to you by mail.

No proof of purchase is necessary to obtain settlement benefits. There are four ways to submit a filled-out Claim Form:
Purchased a Red Bull since 2002? Here’s how to claim your $10
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-09 07:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what their controls are to prevent fraud.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-12 19:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Six years after offering hope and change, polls show the American public has fallen out of love with their president — so where did it all go wrong?

Barack Obama romped to the presidency of the United States in 2008 on a tidal wave of ‘hope and change’. Back then, the financial crisis was raging and US troops were still engaged in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan, but a fresh-faced Mr Obama brimmed with confidence.

He predicted that future generations would look back on his election and see the moment “when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal … when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth.”

Six years later, Mr Obama is weary and greyed and finds his job approval ratings stuck in the low-40s. This October is the 17th consecutive month in which polls show that a majority of Americans disapprove of his leadership.

With November’s mid-term elections less than a month away, even fellow Democrats won't be seen dead with the man who once transformed their party's fortunes. Apart from some closed-door fundraisers, Mr Obama is all but invisible on the campaign trail.

So where did it all go wrong?

It was the economy, stupid …
The Love Affair With Barack Obama Is Truly Over
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-12 19:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what their controls are to prevent fraud.
By the time comes, which is 150 days after the ruling in May, their guessing most people would have forgotten, I'm speculating.
Probably some more forms to fill out come then. Either way I'm sure it's limited to the settlement amount. First come, first serve.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-13 05:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize this is about a week late, but now that 24/50 (sorry guys, D.C isn't a state... (referencing the map from the article)) states accept gay marriage, and it's looking like soon to be a few more with precedent set, it's looking like the gay marriage thing will potentially be out of the political landscape perhaps even by the next Presidential election. It's only a matter of time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/07/us/denying-review-justices-clear-way-for-gay-marriage-in-5-states.html?_r=0

I wonder how this will shape the future.
By fonewear 2014-10-13 08:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just great http://www.standwithsandra.org/splash?splash=1

I'm not sure what her platform is but it probably free birth control and empowering women !

She received a B.S. from Cornell University in Policy Analysis and Management, as well as Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies

Feminist studies finally someone that speaks to me !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-10-13 08:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

"Sandra has lived and worked in California for years, building coalitions, advocating for legislation, and securing the passage of bills that will change lives for the better. "

man did I pick the wrong major....

I have to work and stuff.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-13 08:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

She has just as much experience as Hillary. She should skip the Senate and run for President.
By volkom 2014-10-14 11:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

probably not related to politics and religion, but as a society what do you think of something like this?

kindergarten teacher quits to make six figures twerking for a living
Quote:
What I make in six seconds would take me four months to make as a teaching assistant
By Ramyrez 2014-10-14 11:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Now you know that people will submit false claims and try to get a free $10.

Probably even fake their identities just to get more free $10.

I see a lot of abuse that will happen.

If you've bought one, you've probably bought several.

So it's basically a minor refund.

Hell, it's basically just more name recognition. They can just file it under their advertising money.

Though it does remind me of ~2003 when they were running the "It gives you wings" thing, they had one of the commercials with a guy with an English accent really chewing on the words. Epically so.

And we all thought it sounded like, "It gives you AIDS."
By Ramyrez 2014-10-14 11:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
probably not related to politics and religion, but as a society what do you think of something like this?

kindergarten teacher quits to make six figures twerking for a living
Quote:
What I make in six seconds would take me four months to make as a teaching assistant

[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-15 11:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Single women not getting married:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/opinion/schwartz-single-women/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

1. A useless husband

If a woman is poor and only meets equally poor or poorer men, she's in a tough spot. It is no secret that many women do not choose to marry if the available partners will make their economic situation worse.

In some of these cases, even if a woman has a child, she may be better off with government help than a nonworking, noninvolved husband.

2. Success changes everything

When a woman is very privileged or highly successful, marriage could come very easily -- or not. Think of the likes of Elizabeth Taylor, who was married eight times. Or Oprah Winfrey, who for personal or professional reasons, is not married.

Moreover, a woman doesn't need a husband who is a high-powered corporate attorney if she is a high-powered corporate attorney. Taking advantage of economic and professional opportunities could be undermined by committing to a partner with an equally ambitious, or different, life agenda. This kind of woman may wake up every day to new and exciting challenges and think, "best to wait."

3. Unwilling to make traditional compromises

A woman who doesn't want to settle for cooking and cleaning and being the primary parent that society prefers. She is not meeting guys who want the kind of woman she is.

4. The marriage penalty tax

Some women are in an income bracket where marriage inflicts economic costs. She would have to pay more taxes if she marries someone who earns approximately what she makes or more.

5. Avoiding cheating men

A few years ago when I was in China, I had a conversation with some very beautiful female Chinese TV personalities about their personal life. I asked them why they were single and if they wanted to get married.

The three women all said they didn't want to marry because "the men of our class will all expect to have mistresses, and it is better not to marry than have to put up with that." I have no idea if this was an exaggeration or not -- but they believed it.

6. Waiting for the "one"

These women wait for the perfect guy, or the guy who they would fall in love with and love them back just as much. If that man doesn't come along, they prefer to go alone. As women get pickier, more factors enter into the marriage equation.

They may find someone who doesn't quite go the distance even after years of dating. They cohabit with someone and it doesn't work out. Singlehood, never intentional, becomes a fact. But they will not marry just to marry as their mothers or grandmothers might have.

In social psychology, there is a classic theory called "exchange theory." It is a bit cold-blooded, but it predicts that a person's actions will be based on trying to find a balance of give and get. Each person's resources -- of all kinds, including money, looks, background -- are traded back and forth for a "good deal." For example, a "good deal" scenario could be a woman who makes an excellent living pairing up with a man who is a writer and is willing to work at home and be the primary child care person.

When women's life choices were highly constrained, they had little negotiating power. They had to marry or were seen as damaged. A few got away with being "free spirits" but usually they were exceptional in wealth or lineage -- and even so, it wasn't easy.

It's different now. While most women still want marriage, they don't want it at just any price. They don't want it if it scuttles their dreams. Marriage is not dead -- not by a long shot. It is still, to most of us, the house we wish to build for our love, our lover and our children.

But women want to craft a life instead of having it pressed upon them. And that means some of us will be single for a long time, and some of us will be single for life.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-10-25 16:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this was interesting. Pew Research shows that the majority of far left liberals trust to MSNBC for their news
Source
By fonewear 2014-10-27 09:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It must be tough to be offended by everything:

http://jezebel.com/walmarts-website-features-a-section-of-fat-girl-costum-1651125569

Retail giant Walmart is reaching out to the plus size market in an ill-advised way this Halloween: by offering online shoppers a section of "Fat Girl Costumes."

This tip comes to us from a reader, who was hunting high and low for a Halloween costume when she turned to Walmart, because sometimes desperation makes us do strange things. That's when she noticed that the retail giant was helpfully directing her towards the section for "fat girl

As of this morning, the Fat Girl section is still up; it features a lot of the same outfits as the Women's Plus Size Adult section, which makes us think some web developer created the section as a "hilarious" joke and then neglected to change it. At least one person has complained about it to Walmart on Twitter, where they got a very polite, very general, only slightly robotic apology:

TLDR: I'm a fat girl ask me how I'm offended.
First Page 2 3 ... 126 127 128 ... 1375 1376 1377