Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1263 1264 1265 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 00:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
I don't see a problem with them rejecting a candidate for legitimate reasons in a timely manner. Purposefully drawing it out though so that you are missing an entire judge for a year would just be beyond silly however. Both of them have a job to do and need to do it, forcing a super liberal or a super conservative through to *** the "other side" over is horrible. Choose a moderate, agree, done.

That is an option. It could totally happen. It isn't just congress that slows the process. Obama could pick someone they would approve or he could pick someone they would never approve and when they say no, he could do it again, and they would say no again.

It isn't just the President or just the congress being childish here. Both of them are.
I completely agree, the reason congress is brought up however is that that you already have senators saying they will not allow Obama to let through any nominee. If Obama purposefully stalled I'd be annoyed too, he probably would if he could but given time constraints he can't.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 00:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The President isn't being "childish" at all, he hasn't said or done anything today other than praise Scalia's service and said he will be doing his job in "due time." The conservatives are the ones that immediately issued statements saying that Obama should leave the Supreme Court short one member for an entire year while having major cases to hear in 2016. Obama saying thats not gonna happen is far from "childish." Its being responsible.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 00:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
The President isn't being "childish" at all, he hasn't said or done anything today other than praise Scalia's service and said he will be doing his job in "due time." The conservatives are the ones that immediately issued statements saying that Obama should leave the Supreme Court short one member for an entire year while having major cases to hear in 2016. Obama saying thats not gonna happen is far from "childish." Its being responsible.

I have payed zero attention to the news today. Watched Deadpool twice and had a funeral in between.. (seems kinda wrong when I say it like that).. anyways.

What "conservative" is saying these mean things you are so upset about?

Oh, and I am actually surprised Obama is doing the Presidential thing right now and not playing politics as usual.

Asura.Failaras said: »
I completely agree, the reason congress is brought up however is that that you already have senators saying they will not allow Obama to let through any nominee. If Obama purposefully stalled I'd be annoyed too, he probably would if he could but given time constraints he can't.

It is their right to do what they think the people that voted them into office want them to do. Just as it is Obamas right to nominate whoever he wants. Again, our government is not suppose to just slip things through in a day, month, even year if it cannot agree on what is best for the American People. The people they are voted in to serve.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 00:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not upset, its more like greatly amused at their delusions. All of the Presidential candidates, Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Orrin Hatch, they all issued statements almost immediately after the news broke. Their first sentence was essentially a recognition of Scalia, and their second sentence was calling on Obama to leave the position empty for over a year.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 00:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not upset, its more like greatly amused at their delusions. All of the Presidential candidates, Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Orrin Hatch, they all issued statements almost immediately after the news broke. Their first sentence was essentially a recognition of Scalia, and their second sentence was calling on Obama to leave the position empty for over a year.

Why are they delusions?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 01:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they are claiming to have some moral high ground when they don't have a leg to stand on. Its February, had this happened in October then sure, leave it for the next Prez, but the Supreme Court has a lot to do this year, and trying to claim that not appointing a new justice is "good for America" is delusional. The Supreme Court is just as important as the Presidency and Congress, and hurt feelings don't change that.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-02-14 01:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they are claiming to have some moral high ground when they don't have a leg to stand on. Its February, had this happened in October then sure, leave it for the next Prez, but the Supreme Court has a lot to do this year, and trying to claim that not appointing a new justice is "good for America" is delusional. The Supreme Court is just as important as the Presidency and Congress, and hurt feelings don't change that.

aaaaaand it is the job of both the President and Congress to appoint and confirm the Supreme Court Justice. Which means that President Obama can't go full retard like he did with Kagan because he doesn't have either the House or Senate for precisely situations like this. The American people said "Hell no" a long time ago to his shenanigans.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 01:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fine, hopefully Obama nominates someone that is able to pass through. If he is the wonderful President that all of you people claim, he should have no problem finding a moderate nominee that the GOP would have no choice but to let through or suffer massive political backfire.

I doubt Obama will do this. It wouldn't surprise me if he nominates Hillary after she drops out of the race.

Edit: Oh look.. Graham just said exactly what I said.
Quote:
β€œIs there a situation where this president could fill the vacancy? The only one I can think of is if he picks a consensus choice that people would say is qualified,” Graham told reporters ahead of the GOP debate in Greenville. β€œI doubt if that will happen.”
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 01:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

aaaaaand it is the job of both the President and Congress to appoint and confirm the Supreme Court Justice. Which means that President Obama can't go full retard like he did with Kagan because he doesn't have either the House or Senate for precisely situations like this. The American people said "Hell no" a long time ago to his shenanigans.

I personally like all the comments from the democrats trying to interpret the Constitution to say different. Vic talks about being amused.. This stuff is practically priceless.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 01:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kagan is fine. And again the House is irrelevant, the Senate confirms the nominee, alone. If Obama goes that route. He can very easily, and legally, make a recess appointment in the coming weeks, and the person could be a hardcore liberal, and there would be nothing Congress could do about it. Nothing. The American people put him in the position to do so.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-02-14 01:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing Comrade Obama he will step down a week before his term is up next January and Biden will recess appoint him to the Supreme Court with the Senate adjourned.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-02-14 01:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kagan is fine. And again the House is irrelevant, the Senate confirms the nominee, alone. If Obama goes that route. He can very easily, and legally, make a recess appointment in the coming weeks, and the person could be a hardcore liberal, and there would be nothing Congress could do about it. Nothing. The American people put him in the position to do so.

No ***, Sherlock. The point is the American people forced him back to reality by taking away the House and Senate from him because of antics like Kagan and Obamacare. If he can't be realistic and reasonable and appoints another unqualified lunatic than he will not get another Supreme Court justice.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 01:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If he can't be realistic and reasonable and appoints another unqualified lunatic than he will not get another Supreme Court justice.

Unless he makes a recess appointment that doesn't require Senate confirmation, (its ok, I don't mind repeating myself) in which case he would get another Supreme Court justice.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-02-14 01:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If he can't be realistic and reasonable and appoints another unqualified lunatic than he will not get another Supreme Court justice.

Unless he makes a recess appointment that doesn't require Senate confirmation, (its ok, I don't mind repeating myself) in which case he would get another Supreme Court justice.

And that recess appointment will never be confirmed and the next President will nominate the real one that will get the lifetime appointment.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 01:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems Vic forgot about this.. Shocking.

Quote:
The Supreme Court ruled unanimously Thursday that President Obama exceeded his constitutional authority in making high-level government appointments in 2012 when he declared the Senate to be in recess and unable to act on the nominations.

Obama made appointments to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) at a time when the Senate was holding pro forma sessions every three days precisely to thwart the president’s ability to exercise the power.

β€œThe Senate is in session when it says it is,” Justice Stephen G. Breyer wrote for the court, stressing that if the Senate is able to conduct business, that is enough to keep the president from making recess appointments.

Oh and this was when Republicans didn't have the power in Congress they do now.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-02-14 01:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems Vic forgot about this.. I'm not surprised.

Quote:
The Supreme Court ruled unanimously Thursday that President Obama exceeded his constitutional authority in making high-level government appointments in 2012 when he declared the Senate to be in recess and unable to act on the nominations.

Obama made appointments to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) at a time when the Senate was holding pro forma sessions every three days precisely to thwart the president’s ability to exercise the power.

β€œThe Senate is in session when it says it is,” Justice Stephen G. Breyer wrote for the court, stressing that if the Senate is able to conduct business, that is enough to keep the president from making recess appointments.

Oh and this was when Republicans didn't have the power in Congress they do now.

There will be literally one week before President Obama leaves office next January where the Senate adjourns. Knowing this lawless egomaniac he will make a Supreme Court recess appointment while he is going out the door.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 01:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't forget at all, I figured you would try to bring it up. Completely different situation, the Senate was not in an actual recess like it is now. They are in recess until Feb 22. He isn't going to wait until January 2016.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 01:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be literally one week before President Obama leaves office next January where the Senate adjourns. Knowing this lawless egomaniac he will make a Supreme Court recess appointment while he is going out the door.

I'm sure an "emergency session" can and will be called.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 01:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't forget at all, I figured you would try to bring it up. Completely different situation, the Senate was not in an actual recess like it is now. They are in recess until Feb 22.

/laugh. Nothing would be better than Obama doing this in the next eight days. Kiss the Presidency and the democrat party goodbye if he does that. Fairly certain he would be ran out of office after a stunt like that.

Justice Found dead. 9 days later Obama appoints new justice without congress ever being in session.. Yea.. that would be to quote you.

"Amusing.."
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 01:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and how would he be "run out of office?' Lol, I don't think he would do it, but needless to say he would be just fine if he did considering it is within his authority.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 01:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and how would he be "run out of office?' Lol, I don't think he would do it, but needless to say he would be just fine if he did considering it is within his authority.

Who is amusing now?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 01:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is amusing now?

You and your delusional fantasies. Care to answer the question? How is Obama going to be "run out of office?' Do tell.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 01:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is amusing now?

You and your delusional fantasies. Care to answer the question? How is Obama going to be "run out of office?' Do tell.

rofl right after you tell me how this is going to happen.
I didn't forget at all, I figured you would try to bring it up. Completely different situation, the Senate was not in an actual recess like it is now. They are in recess until Feb 22. He isn't going to wait until January 2016.

Oh wait..

Lol, I don't think he would do it,

Talk about.
delusional fantasies

By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 01:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is, since it's already February 14th, 2016... how is the President going to go back in time, and "wait until January 2016"?

Someone must have stolen my designs for time travel, and I shall have to quickly, and painfully eradicate them from this time stream. /evilstewievoice
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 01:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Forced to +1 Bloodrose...
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 01:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is amusing now?

rofl right after you tell me how this is going to happen.

Sure, he can easily make a recess appointment in the coming days. I don't think he would, but it doesn't mean he can't. Ok, done. That was pretty easy. Now answer my question, or run away some more.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 01:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright smart ***. Since I've been owning you for two pages I'll give you a break.

Congress could easily find a way to impeach this POS President and run him out of office. I don't think they would, but it doesn't mean they can't. Ok, done. You're right.. That was easy. Now be a good leftist tool and keep trying to change the topic.

I'd do the mic drop thing again but that is getting old.. Umm.. Yeah.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 01:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Forced to +1 Bloodrose...
Good, good, let the [+] flow through you...
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 01:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn two in a row..
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 02:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright smart ***. Since I've been owning you for two pages I'll give you a break.

Congress could easily find a way to impeach this POS President and run him out of office. I don't think they would, but it doesn't mean they can't. Ok, done. You're right.. That was easy. Now be a good leftist tool and keep trying to change the topic.

I'd do the mic drop thing again but that is getting old.. Umm.. Yeah.

Uh, nope. You have lost on every post btw, anyone backreading can see that. I mean really, what have you said? I figured you would try to claim impeachment, maybe you should look up the actual requirements for removal and realize its fantasy? I haven't changed the topic at all, you are wrong, and you are resorting to pathetic insults and jokes now.
First Page 2 3 ... 1263 1264 1265 ... 1375 1376 1377