Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1257 1258 1259 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 15:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
If you take the time to notice pretty much everyone on the right side here leaves the entrenchment of their beliefs to try and understand why the people on the left believe what they do.

No, you don't. Neither does the people on the left, but you certainly don't.

Then you haven't been paying attention. Choosing what you want to see and believe.
Just flip that around on yourself lol...

LOL show me 1 Time you said a negative word against the Democratic party or the people they are running.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 15:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How is that ignoring your beliefs to understand people on the left?

You believe I would vote for Trump even if the democrats would put forth a rational sane person to vote for. You are wrong.

However given that the above isn't going to happen the point is moot.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-11 15:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary sucks... Bernie sucks even worse... are you happy now? Did I fluff you sufficiently so you can get back to going to town on yourself?

Not to mention that I never really said I was better than I claimed anyone else was. You just prove my point that even though I lumped myself in with everyone you'll still single people out and make it about what the other side is doing or not doing lol.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 15:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the entire problem. Both sides have gotten to the point that only the extremes get any attention. Then both sides are forced to back the extremes.

However, the main reason that is happening is because nothing has changed for the better in the past 15-20yrs. So maybe it is time to go extreme and watch what happens good or bad.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 15:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You just prove my point that even though I pumped myself in with everyone you'll still single people out and make it about what the other side is doing or not doing lol.

I did? Where?

That's not even related to what you said.

Quote:
If you take the time to notice pretty much everyone on the right side here leaves the entrenchment of their beliefs to try and understand why the people on the left believe what they do.

Still waiting.

It is related, if it isn't good enough, back read. I'm not about to search my entire post history to find the admittedly rare moments I leave my entrenchments. Others do it better and more often than I, but I am not going to bring their names into it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 15:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Consider the following:

1) We have the largest military in the world
2) Our main opponent, ISIS, is a bit more abstract an enemy than in previous wars. Escalating our warfare, especially when there is collateral damage, has the side effect of hurting our reputation as well as increasing our enemy's recruitment.
3) Candidates in favor of increasing our military budget/presence have not addressed how to pay for it. This is Sparth's main point, to which you could simply point out where they have addressed it, in case the rest of us missed it.

The argument against Bernie's tax increases (which are heavily on the wealthier citizens) is offset by the end result: Improving education, infrastructure, and health care should offer considerable savings and benefits in the long term.

Thank Altana someone gets it. Saying you want to carpet bomb places and kill the relatives of suspected terrorists is the kind of ***that leads to endless wars and financial ruination.

There's a reason we surgically strike groups like ISIS because what they want is a ground war where they can win by attrition.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-11 17:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Bush might have failed to get Bin Laden, I don't think he ever came close, but Al-Qaida got crushed in Iraq and Afghanistan. We killed their entire leadership deck sans Bin Laden. ISIS is suffering the same fate right now.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-11 17:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Did Bush ever even come close to killing or apprehending Osama Bin Laden? No. He did, however, come close a few times

Wow. You managed to contradict yourself rather quickly there.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-11 17:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Candlejack said: »
Did Bush ever even come close to killing or apprehending Osama Bin Laden? No. He did, however, come close a few times

Wow. You managed to contradict yourself rather quickly there.
Watch out there, they will start calling you racist for pointing out that contradiction.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-11 18:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-11 18:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Rav, you're a white, privileged, teem mom racist feminist and bigot.

But we love you.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-11 18:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Rav, you're a white, privileged, teem mom racist feminist and bigot.

But we love you.
But only because you are rich too.

Otherwise, go back to the boonies with you *pimpslap*
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-11 18:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cease-fire agreement reached in Syria

Bad news for ISIS.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-11 19:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odds are either Turkey or Russia breaks the ceasefire.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 20:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dem debate. Who is going to chance losing brain cells watching it?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-11 23:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Only questionable moment I had was Sanders' attack on Henry Kissinger, I'm not sure why he thinks casting Kissinger in a negative light to attack Clinton is going to win people over, I'm sure John McCain is going to rail him for that. Its not going to win him any points in the military friendly state of South Carolina. Just a weird moment.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 23:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad Bernie doesn't elaborate on his plans any. Anyone else think the only reason Hillary is even around was so that Bernie had someone to talk with? lmao

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 23:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking more like All in The Family..
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-12 00:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking more like Golden Girls.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-12 03:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

I think we are witnessing that beginning.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-12 03:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You're saying these things as if the taxed money would just go directly into the wallets of the poor, and nothing more. Instead, it would be going towards improving essential public services (education, health care, and infrastructure) that benefit technically everybody, especially people who aren't privileged or wealthy. The result is that we should end up with a smarter, healthier, and more effective nation.
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-02-12 03:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

I like to see it more as legislate the prosperous into investing in the future of those below them rather than sitting on it for their own gains. Besides, I think the hyper-wealthy have little to nothing to worry about in regards to having their lifestyles threatened.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

I don't think this is exactly the Robin Hood scenario you're playing it out to be. Taxes go to a much more fundamental foundation that affords others greater opportunities and other worthwhile investments for the growth and longevity of communities therein.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

I don't even necessarily see how this is a bad thing in particular. That's kind of how taxes work. They're dues to citizens to pay for things that would otherwise not be pragmatic to rely on individuals (or corporations for that matter) to fund and maintain.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

I think you can. Like I said earlier, it's an investment; and returns can be worthwhile over a long enough timeline. Though I share your pessimism in terms of the ROI figures...

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

I think we are witnessing that beginning.

I agree that we're quickly approaching a point where the work force will diminish over the rate at which our population increases, but this is more a matter of technological advances, automation and simply creating an environment in which for many tasks, humans need not apply. To that end, I feel the concept of basic income will become a far greater necessity. To what extent? Well, only time will tell.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-12 03:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
You're saying these things as if the taxed money would just go directly into the wallets of the poor, and nothing more. Instead, it would be going towards improving essential public services (education, health care, and infrastructure) that benefit technically everybody, especially people who aren't privileged or wealthy. The result is that we should end up with a smarter, healthier, and more effective nation.

Nope, not saying that at all. Perhaps you should read it again.

This time take into consideration that tax dollars being spent on (education, health care, and infrastructure) is something both parties and the voting population already agree on and those things should receive the tax money lawfully allocated to them.
First Page 2 3 ... 1257 1258 1259 ... 1375 1376 1377