Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1256 1257 1258 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-11 14:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Except Iraq had nothing to do with Afghanistan other than we were over there in the area and wmd's so you can't really attribute the vote in favor as a response to 9/11. You could say they were served up faulty information to make the decision as the whole end thing was misleading at best but that could possibly be attributed to most anyone that voted.

I think the only person nowadays that hasn't changed their opinion on the decision to invade is Jeb because ya know, his brother.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-11 14:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Ramyrez said: »
just skipped over the Bush years that drove us into the Great Recession.

Let's be fair.

That was a bipartisan effort in many, many ways.

I didn't say it wasn't. But the difference between what our military is doing now as compared to the Bush years is trillions of dollars.

You literally just quoted yourself citing the "Bush" years that drove us into the recessions.

Welp guys I said Bush but I meant democrats too....

lol

How about focusing on the actual point of military cost?

lol.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-11 14:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this forum is a perfect example of what's wrong with America today. We sit here and we bicker over ***day in and day out based on our own personal beliefs mostly and then even if we agree on something it's still almost impossible to even admit it or believe that the other can bring enough mental acuity to the table to see things the right way! My way!

We spend most of the time so entrenched on our own "side" that we kinda lose grip on the fact that even if the right thing is on the other side we don't actually lose when government does the right thing. What's best for the whole of the nation doesn't always align with our own personal beliefs and such.

I guess it is more entertaining to fight with you numbskulls than actual discuss and accomplish something though.

To end I wish to say that you fail at life completely remo an I hate you ;)
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 14:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Also we're obviously not talking about driving for work as we're talking about personal expenses.

lol.. Let's just make gas free unless it is for personal use and charge 20 bucks a gallon. Democrat solutions for the win.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-02-11 14:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Also we're obviously not talking about driving for work as we're talking about personal expenses.

lol.. Let's just make gas free unless it is for personal use and charge 20 bucks a gallon. Democrat solutions for the win.
You're quite backwards on that, however again you don't understand anything.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-11 14:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Altima and Nausi know just how to make me laugh. You guys got the gift.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 14:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
We spend most of the time so entrenched on our own "side" that we kinda lose grip on the fact that even if the right thing is on the other side we don't actually lose when government does the right thing. What's best for the whole of the nation doesn't always align with our own personal beliefs and such.

If you take the time to notice pretty much everyone on the right side here leaves the entrenchment of their beliefs to try and understand why the people on the left believe what they do. Only to fall victim to this sentence here.
I guess it is more entertaining to fight with you numbskulls than actual discuss and accomplish something though.

Case and point.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 14:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So you want to make gas free for personal use and charge 20 bucks a gallon for driving to work. I guess I was wrong before, now your just plain insane.

Perhaps I could "understand" if you would use your words and explain it to me. I get all kinds of crap thrown at me for not explaining myself when what I am saying is perfectly clear.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 14:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
If you take the time to notice pretty much everyone on the right side here leaves the entrenchment of their beliefs to try and understand why the people on the left believe what they do.

No, you don't. Neither does the people on the left, but you certainly don't.

Then you haven't been paying attention. Choosing what you want to see and believe.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-02-11 14:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So you want to make gas free for personal use and charge 20 bucks a gallon for driving to work. I guess I was wrong before, now your just plain insane.

Perhaps I could "understand" if you would use your words and explain it to me. I get all kinds of crap thrown at me for not explaining myself when what I am saying is perfectly clear.

I said nothing of the sort. You wouldn't be able to understand as you don't comprehend basic English.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-11 14:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this forum is a perfect example of what's wrong with America today. We sit here and we bicker over ***day in and day out based on our own personal beliefs mostly and then even if we agree on something it's still almost impossible to even admit it or believe that the other can bring enough mental acuity to the table to see things the right way! My way!

C'mon brah, bring it in, lets hug it out.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 14:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is when people can't even agree that war is costly. It has nothing to do with the person in power, it has everything to do with I dunno... the fact that war is *** costly? Both in terms of $$$$. vet support and I dunno... people *** dying?

There's a reason Wounded Warriors is playing ad nauseum on TV during primetime yaknow.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 14:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The problem is when people can't even agree that war is costly. It has nothing to do with the person in power, it has everything to do with I dunno... the fact that war is *** costly? Both in terms of $$$$. vet support and I dunno... people *** dying?

There's a reason Wounded Warriors is playing ad nauseum on TV during primetime yaknow.

Who here hasn't said war is costly? Who?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 14:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Candidates that refuse to acknowledge cost yet want to don the cloak of fiscal overlords. I mean, at least Trump tried to weave in some revenue when he posed that we capture oil fields for our own personal use.

You don't get to mock the Sanders college plan when you're hawking over Iran and want to up the ante with IS.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-11 14:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, c'mon, of course war is costly. The problem is that people like you don't realize that there is a cost to ignoring conflict.

50 billion to fight our enemies today or 5 trillion in 10 years?

What? Do we not have enemies? Or better yet, do you think we can just talk it out?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-11 14:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Who are we ignoring nausi that is going to cause us to enter a new combat mission in the next 10 years? We are slaughtering ISIS everyday, so nope, thats not a long term enemy.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 14:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Candidates that refuse to acknowledge cost yet want to don the cloak of fiscal overlords. I mean, at least Trump tried to weave in some revenue when he posed that we capture oil fields for our own personal use.

So even you admit that the main person you are flailing against has admitted war is costly.. You just called yourself a liar and don't even realize it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-11 14:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

We? Who is this "we"? You gotta show up more than once in a blue moon to become part of the "we", Flava Flav.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 14:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Who are we ignoring nausi that is going to cause us to enter a new combat mission in the next 10 years? We are slaughtering ISIS everyday, so nope, thats not a long term enemy.

Yeah, they should be changing names again sometime soon.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-11 14:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you take the time to notice pretty much everyone on the right side here leaves the entrenchment of their beliefs to try and understand why the people on the left believe what they do. Only to fall victim to this sentence here.

Case and point.
If in your mind, you think that everyone on the right leaves the entrenchment of their side to come and see how the other side views it than your brain has rotted further than I could have imagined. You can even grasp reality anymore and your lips are firmly locked around your own genitals only trying to toot your own horn.

You're so far off from where reality actually is Altima that I don't even think you could recognize it if you saw it.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-11 14:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you take the time to notice pretty much everyone on the right side here leaves the entrenchment of their beliefs to try and understand why the people on the left believe what they do.

No, you don't. Neither does the people on the left, but you certainly don't.

Then you haven't been paying attention. Choosing what you want to see and believe.
Just flip that around on yourself lol...

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2016-02-11 15:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 15:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

After ISIS we can go after Boko Haram and Iran.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 15:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked him for 1 example and I don't think it's going to happen.
Took a minute, I've been rallying against sanders and Clinton for the past few days.

I like how nobody answers my questions, but I am suppose to answer yours or else I'm the bad guy.

Please, show me 1 example.
That is the sad thing here, most people are followers not thinkers.
Everyone of the candidates have lost followers to Trump. It is yet to be seen if he even has principles.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-11 15:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider the following:

1) We have the largest military in the world
2) Our main opponent, ISIS, is a bit more abstract an enemy than in previous wars. Escalating our warfare, especially when there is collateral damage, has the side effect of hurting our reputation as well as increasing our enemy's recruitment.
3) Candidates in favor of increasing our military budget/presence have not addressed how to pay for it. This is Sparth's main point, to which you could simply point out where they have addressed it, in case the rest of us missed it.

The argument against Bernie's tax increases (which are heavily on the wealthier citizens) is offset by the end result: Improving education, infrastructure, and health care should offer considerable savings and benefits in the long term.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-11 15:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

We? Who is this "we"? You gotta show up more than once in a blue moon to become part of the "we", Flava Flav.
I don't gotta do nuffin.
First Page 2 3 ... 1256 1257 1258 ... 1375 1376 1377