Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 14:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Old enough that I have nieces, nephews, and friends' children seeing the same things.

Also, I know many teachers.

I know many teachers as well. They're all leftists.

*shrug*

I know one -- a music teacher, none-the-less -- who is about as fiscally conservative as it gets.

Though, in his case, it's probably because he's married to a very successful lawyer and lives in NYC. He's not so much an idealist as just trying to look out for his own stack of loot.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-19 14:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Old enough that I have nieces, nephews, and friends' children seeing the same things.

Also, I know many teachers.

I know many teachers as well. They're all leftists. The teachers I used to have in school 20 years ago were quite liberal. Even the ones I paid directly through college tuition.

EGADS! AND DIRTY WIMMENZ!!!

/sneers

Ladies, why don't you like the TGOP? Why?

EDIT: I can't internet speak, apparently. :/
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-19 14:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

all teachers are women?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-19 14:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi, seriously? When you participate in threads, do you immediately dispose of the tid bits from previous threads? It doesn't seem like you're attempting to build cumulatively. Information retention is not your strong suit.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-19 14:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Nausi, seriously? When you participate in threads, do you immediately dispose of the tid bits from previous threads? It doesn't seem like you're attempting to build cumulatively. Information retention is not your strong suit.
ADD/ADHD?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-19 14:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

^^^If that's the case, then I apologize.^^^
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-19 14:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to say Zah, I never said all teachers were women, nor that all women are leftists. So what does "teachers are leftists" have to do with the "war on women"?

I assume you meant "The GOP" by TGOP.
 Odin.Strummer
Server: Odin
By Odin.Strummer 2014-09-19 15:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, both of my parents are (retired) teachers. They are among the most conservative people I know personally.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 15:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Strummer said: »
For what it's worth, both of my parents are (retired) teachers. They are among the most conservative people I know personally.

Doesn't fit Nausi's narrative.

Dismissed as useless anecdotal information.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-19 19:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaking news!

Quote:
White House staff and reporters were evacuated on Friday night by the Secret Service because an intruder was spotted running on the grounds of the complex shortly after President Barack Obama had left the building, witnesses said.

Obama had just left aboard the Marine One helicopter for Camp David, the presidential retreat in nearby Maryland, when armed, uniformed Secret Service personnel ordered the press corps and members of the White House staff to evacuate.

There were no further details immediately available.
Part of White House evacuated; Obama not present: witnesses
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-19 20:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
What world do you live in where the political make up of public education (mostly private too) is not made up almost exclusively of leftists?
Probably the same world where the quality of education is contingent on a variety of factors outside of the binary politicization you seem to enjoy so much.

Lines have 2 ends bro, and please tell me that your smart enough to realize there's a political aspect to just about everything.
What?
What does geometry have to do with politics?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-19 20:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Breaking news!

Quote:
White House staff and reporters were evacuated on Friday night by the Secret Service because an intruder was spotted running on the grounds of the complex shortly after President Barack Obama had left the building, witnesses said.

Obama had just left aboard the Marine One helicopter for Camp David, the presidential retreat in nearby Maryland, when armed, uniformed Secret Service personnel ordered the press corps and members of the White House staff to evacuate.

There were no further details immediately available.
Part of White House evacuated; Obama not present: witnesses
Didn't some guy in a Pokemon Trainer getup (with Pikachu accessories too don't forget) get tackled because he jumped the fence to catch Obama in his pokeball?

Damn idiot......
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-19 20:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
What world do you live in where the political make up of public education (mostly private too) is not made up almost exclusively of leftists?
Probably the same world where the quality of education is contingent on a variety of factors outside of the binary politicization you seem to enjoy so much.

Lines have 2 ends bro, and please tell me that your smart enough to realize there's a political aspect to just about everything.
What?
What does geometry have to do with politics?

Who was the politician that criticized education because they teach math with letters in it? Granted that's algebra, but some have tried to politicize math.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-19 20:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Al-gebra? Sounds like a terrorist organization to me.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-19 20:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Al-gebra? Sounds like a terrorist organization to me.

Al Melvin "fuzzy math"

Honestly, guys like this are fodder for stereotypes. If only it was uncommon for a Republican to make a stupid statement in public.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-20 03:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Canada's New Investment Agreement With China Will Take Precedence Over Canadian Constitution for 31 Years

Quote:
Even if found unconstitutional by a court down the road...once the treaty has been ratified, none of the obligations assumed by Canada can be modified unless China agrees," he said.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-20 07:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Update, it was some guy from Texas:

Quote:
A man jumped a fence at the White House late Friday and made it through the North Portico doors into the building before he was captured, Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary told CNN.

Part of the White House was evacuated after a disturbance was initially detected on the North Lawn, according to a CNN reporter who was among those hustled from the building.

The first family was not at the White House at the time, but other people were.

President Obama had left just four minutes earlier with his daughters via helicopter from the South Lawn to visit Camp David.

The suspect, 42-year-old Omar Gonzalez of Copperas Cove, Texas, was apprehended just after making it inside the doors. He was taken to George Washington Medical Center for a medical evaluation, Leary said.

Gonzalez was known to Secret Service, said an official, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The official would not say how or why. He had not been arrested by the Secret Service before.

"He appeared to responding officers to be unarmed, and that turned out to be true. He ignored officers' calls for him to stop and ran towards the White House," Leary said.

It's unclear how Gonzalez made his way onto the grounds.
Man barges into White House after jumping lawn fence
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-20 07:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

"White House Lawn Crossing" should be a new Olympic sport. As a running sport, it could ironically be the Kenyans that have the best chance at getting into the White House.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-20 09:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Canada's New Investment Agreement With China Will Take Precedence Over Canadian Constitution for 31 Years

Quote:
Even if found unconstitutional by a court down the road...once the treaty has been ratified, none of the obligations assumed by Canada can be modified unless China agrees," he said.
Corporate sovereignty is nothing new, and it looks like it's here to stay.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-20 10:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Security has been tightened in Saint Peter's Square after intelligence services intercepted a possible plan to attack the Vatican, Italian media reported Saturday, increasing fears Pope Francis could be in danger.

A foreign security service alerted Italy this week after intercepting a conversation between two Arab speakers which referred to "a demonstrative act, Wednesday, at the Vatican," Il Messaggero daily reported.

Wednesday is the day the pope holds his weekly general audience in the square in front of Saint Peter's Basilica.

Checks by Italy's anti-terrorism unit revealed that one of the speakers passed through the country eight months ago, heightening concerns the threat may be real.

Earlier warnings that the Islamic State extremists may be plotting to attack the pope have been shrugged off by the Vatican, but security has nonetheless been increased for his Wednesday and Sunday audiences, the paper said.

The Repubblica daily said plain clothes special operations officers with sniffer dogs trained in seeking out explosives were helping Vatican police vet tourists, while hotels in the area were also being kept under surveillance.

The news came a day before Francis's trip to Albania, where the pontiff is expected to mingle with the crowds as usual despite reports of possible danger from new IS recruits returning from the Middle East to the mostly-Muslim country.

Some worry the pope has made himself a target by speaking out against the Islamic State group and having the Holy See voice support for US air strikes in Iraq.

In an interview with Italy's La Nazione daily this week, Iraq's ambassador to the Holy See, Habib Al Sadr, said "what has been declared by the self-declared Islamic State is clear. They want to kill the pope. The threats against the pope are credible."

The Vatican played down the warning, saying security measures for the trip would remain unchanged.
Security upped at Vatican over attack fears
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-20 10:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a good one for all you PBR fans:

Quote:
A Russian brewer is taking over American icon Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Oasis Beverages, which is based in Russia, said on Friday it's signed a deal to acquire Pabst Brewing Company, which is headquartered in Los Angeles.
Russian brewer buys Pabst Blue Ribbon
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-20 10:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
"White House Lawn Crossing" should be a new Olympic sport. As a running sport, it could ironically be the Kenyans that have the best chance at getting into the White House.

You can't use it as a medal event, I'm told flying bullets are a performance enhancing drug.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-21 10:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sen Mary Landrieu, D-LA helping a guy out doing a keg stand.

Shameless! Not for the sheer act of pandering but for the fact I'm entirely sure it's ***beer.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-21 11:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shameless! Not for the sheer act of pandering but for the fact I'm entirely sure it's ***beer.
Of course it's ***beer. Frat parties and the like buy the cheapest ***possible, so they can chug the most ***possible, like it's some kind of life-time achievement.

Republican or Democrat, this should make you cringe with disgust that the senator supports foul beer-based keg stands.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-21 12:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

Of course it's ***beer. Frat parties and the like buy the cheapest ***possible, so they can chug the most ***possible, like it's some kind of life-time achievement.

Republican or Democrat, this should make you cringe with disgust that the senator supports foul beer-based keg stands.

Looks like an Tigers tailgate, not a frat party.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-21 12:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

read the part following the bold "and the like".

Tailgate parties follow under "and the like"
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-21 12:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

One does not chug good beer
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-21 12:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
read the part following the bold "and the like".

Tailgate parties follow under "and the like"

Ehhh...More food at tailgates and middle-age people (parents), so you do have to mind some Ps and Qs. DAYLIGHT!

To expand on Kara's, I see no one shotgunning either. :P

Just trying to let you in on some secrets, Canada.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-21 12:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Canada knows all these secrets far too well.

Incidentally, that picture was taken at a picnic rally in support of the senator.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 12:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

One does not chug good beer
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 1375 1376 1377