Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1110 1111 1112 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 18:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's not part of my faith
Lol it is.
Please elaborate on this.
saying "Lol it is." clarifies nothing for me...
God is not a pencil(afaik), therefore it's beyond the physical world. And so are concepts such as faith, soul, consciousness, and things of the sort.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-30 18:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol it is.
God is not a pencil(afaik), therefore it's beyond the physical world. And so are concepts such as faith, soul, consciousness, and things of the sort.
I'm not a pencil, am I beyond the physical world? :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-11-30 18:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If were going into Doomsday talk, I'd rather go on about some new military operation since Jade Helm 15 was disappointing.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 18:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm not a pencil, am I beyond the physical world? :)
Was what I said so hard to understand? The pencil was just an example of something physical.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
If were going into Doomsday talk
The world isn't ending in 20 years(meteors pending), that's just strawtalk from the opposition...
But plants and animal species worldwide are already being affected by the climate changes, which will inevitably have repercussions on mankind too. That's without even going on the issue of extreme weather phenomena, especially in new places where they are completely unprepared(also already happening).
[+]
By fonewear 2015-11-30 18:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ISIS is the new threat I'm worried about. They could be anywhere even in my own house !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-11-30 18:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well here's a fun fact, 99% of all species that existed on Earth at one point are now extinct.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-11-30 18:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well here's a fun fact, 99% of all species that existed on Earth at one point are now extinct.

Don't worry if we can clone a sheep. We can clone ourselves so our clones will be extinct too !
By fonewear 2015-11-30 18:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Science can save use you just have to believe in it !
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 18:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol it is.
The physical live by physical means like the animals do, knowing only what is natural, knowing nothing of the spiritual things.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-11-30 18:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Earlier today I got email from my boss saying they need a quick paper titled "An Introduction to Fascism." It was about the second Sino-Japanese war and relating it to Italian fascism. I was supposed to be on break, but I was like sure not a problem for that subject. They were like yeah we'll make sure this payment gets tacked onto to my paycheck on Thursday, tossed some more Yuan at me when I first hesitated, then was like "OK (hides excitement)." lol

Back to my vacation now, hopefully.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 18:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The physical live by physical means like the animals do, knowing only what is natural, knowing nothing of the spiritual things.
And...?
I really rarely even understand what you're saying when I talk to you.

Most of which as a chain effect. Species are interconnected, humans are not exempt from this.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-30 18:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

All this climate nonsense.

P&R, U so Cray-zay...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-11-30 18:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
All this climate nonsense.

P&R, U so Cray-zay...

It's not nonsense. The kids I don't have will live in a terrible world with 1 degree warmer sea temperature, droughts, floods. And I won't be there to give a damn !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 18:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing you're not into politics. It sure is one hell of an issue when our politicians don't think projected into the future.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-30 18:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun, sure (and a bit dubious). Not relevant to ecological concerns, however.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-11-30 20:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing you're not into politics. It sure is one hell of an issue when our politicians don't think projected into the future.
500yrs from now, barring any nuclear apocalyptic doomsday scenario, human beings might have left earth behind regardless of climate disorder. Technology is and has been skies the limit. Who knows.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-30 20:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

People who laugh at the cop21 are part of the problem.

Those guys who gathered there in Paris actually can make a difference. It's not one of those "ah well what can we even do about it". World leaders have in their hands the ability to set things on the right path.
And America's Republicans are united in preventing just that.

Republicans seek to strangle Paris climate pact
Politico

Quote:
The simultaneous climate and budget deadlines give the GOP a tool to derail a legacy-defining pact for the president.

Siren.Akson said: »
500yrs from now, barring any nuclear apocalyptic doomsday scenario, human beings might have left earth behind regardless of climate disorder. Technology is and has been skies the limit. Who knows.
Or the earth may have left us behind.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 00:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gets even crazier if you start counting the bacteria and microorganisms that existed prior to the atmosphere becoming oxygenated.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-01 00:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The microorganisms in your body out number your own body cells 10 to 1.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-01 00:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

How is that dubious? Life on this planet has been around for 3.5-4 billion years. Even low estimates put it at closer to 99.72% extinction.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 00:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
The final solution to the "abortion problem."

Fetal transplant technology and artificial wombs for men.

Let barren women adopt fetuses and bring them to term, let all those pro life males have the option to do the same.

I have been saying for decades than if men could get pregnant abortion would be a sacrament. (Not an original line on my part.)

That just means you don't understand the nature of the argument. Your focusing too much on the pawns and not the ones moving them. "Pro-life" is about increasing population counts more then anything. Industrialized nations need larger worker class populations to prosper, otherwise you start running into the Japanese problem where their entire economy stagnates due to too many old people and not enough young people supporting them.

This is not a men's vs woman's issue, otherwise the pro-lifers would of pushed to remove all forced male labor, it's an economic one by a faction that believes we need more young people from middle class backgrounds (predominately white). See it for what it really is and you can successfully argue against it.

Personally I believe that a women should be allowed to terminate whenever she wants because I, as a human, can not morally force an action upon her. In that same line of argument I believe all child support should be voluntary and that a male should have the ability to waive all future parental rights in exchange for being made a slave.

And yes before all you progressives blow your collective gaskets, being forced to work under the threat of jail is, by definition, indentured servitude. A family court ordering a male to pay a certain amount of money every month, under the treat of indefinite incarceration, is indentured servitude which is a reprehensible practice. It's only tolerated because it doesn't hurt women which just goes to show how deeply embedded gynocentrism is in our western culture.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-01 00:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

How is that dubious? Life on this planet has been around for 3.5-4 billion years. Even generous estimates put it at closer to 99.72% extinction.
Eh, just uncited. It's more that I don't understand the persective as a response to a post about modern extinctions.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-01 01:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Don't worry about the global warming Obama is out there fighting it...and this time... it's personal !

President Obama urged his fellow world leaders Monday to reach a landmark deal to curb global warming before it dooms the planet.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/11/30/climate-talks-kick-off-france/76551062/

"I come here personally as the leader of the world’s biggest economy and second-biggest emitter to say that America not only acknowledges its role in climate change but embraces doing something about it," Obama said.

He went to Alaska, saw climate change himself! He seriously Sarah Palin'd that at the summit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-01 01:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see Russia climate change from my house!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-01 02:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note, I've now posted on pages 1, 11, 111, and 1111 of this thread. I'm probably going to need psychological help if this ever hits 11111 and I'm still posting in here.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-12-01 02:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

One dead, over 30 injured during terrorism drill at kenyan college

Quote:
What was supposed to be a drill for a terrorist attack sparked mass panic and confusion at Kenya’s Strathmore University on Monday, and one person was killed.

It was not immediately clear how the woman, a faculty member at the university, was killed, but Strathmore authorities said she suffered severe head injuries. Several others were injured in the chaos. Gunshots were fired by security officials during security training at the university, located in Nairobi, although it’s not clear if they used live ammunition. Strathmore said on Twitter that the training was to “test readiness of students and staff” in case of a violent attack, and students were not informed ahead of time, Reuters reports.

Kenyans have been on heightened alert since April, when more than 147 people were killed in an attack at Kenya’s Garissa University College carried out by militant group Al-Shabab. In 2013, Al-Shabab stormed Nairobi’s Westgate shopping mall, killing 67 people.

After hearing gunfire from security officials—who were shooting as part of the drill—on campus at midday Monday, students and staff were evacuated from university buildings. Photos published on social media show people climbing out the windows of university buildings in what appears to be an attempt to flee the supposed attackers.

“Unfortunately some students and staff panicked and got injured,” Strathmore said on Twitter. The university said it will pay for the medical costs and provide counseling services.

"That was not a drill, that was a terror attack at #Strathmore. A terror attack carried out by Strathmore University upon it's students."

Strathmore said the name of the woman who died was Esther Kidemba. More than 30 students and staff are being treated for their injuries in a number of Nairobi hospitals, according to the university.

*facepalm* Who would have thought that posing as a sudden terrorist attack would scare people..
Imagine if all the students had been armed. Then nobody would have died during this bad idea.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-01 05:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Gets even crazier if you start counting the bacteria and microorganisms that existed prior to the atmosphere becoming oxygenated.
And?
This "Earth suffered worse conditions" argument that is often thrown around really doesn't make much sense. It would if we were a bunch of hippies wanting to save Mother Gaia, but that's not the point. We're trying to preserve the planet not in itself, a rock will stay a rock, but for us(and if we're good enough preserve other species too, or at least those that affect us - which is many).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-01 06:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Bill Gates has said that he and a group of other investors are pledging the £4.6 billion ($7bn) to research into clean energy sources.

The Microsoft co-founder announced the investment as part of a larger initiative with world governments that are promising to double spending on renewable energy research.

The fund will support a wide range of technologies, Mr Gates said at the Paris climate talks - "biofuels, carbon capture, high wind, fission, fusion - we're unbiased but it has to be clean and possible to scale up cheaply".
Meanwhile 154 companies have adhered to the America Business Act on Climate Change(emissions reduction).
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 06:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

And?
This "Earth suffered worse conditions" argument that is often thrown around really doesn't make much sense. It would if we were a bunch of hippies wanting to save Mother Gaia, but that's not the point. We're trying to preserve the planet not in itself, a rock will stay a rock, but for us(and if we're good enough preserve other species too, or at least those that affect us - which is many).

You really don't get it yet, the sheer scope of what your talking about and the folly to believe you can actually have an impact on it.

You can't "preserve the planet not in itself". This is outside the bounds of human capability. We are small and insignificant in comparison to an entire planet's biosphere. We could kill off thousands of species and that planet would just continue creating thousands more as though we had never existed. We could set off every nuclear weapon in the world, the culmination of our destructive power, and the end effect would be a decade or two of temperate climate then right back to normal as though we had never let them off to begin with. I'm not exaggerating, the US Military actually commissioned several studies on the long term effects of a world wide nuclear war and the national defense requirements to survive such an event. The results of these studies were pretty consistent and unanimous, there simply isn't enough fissionable material available to the worlds population to effect serious long term change. There was a ton of "nuclear winter / Armageddon / post-apocalyptic wasteland" non-sense hysteria going around back then, pushed by an imaginative, ignorant, anti-war Hollywood. It was in the US's best interests for the citizens to remain ignorant so they never released the results of the studies to the public until their declassification dates had expired.

We humans are perfectly capable of effecting our local ecology's on a geologically short term basis. Pollution can really wreck havoc on local biology, yet give it a hundred years and it'll be right back to wherever it was going in the first place. Which brings up a point you deliberately ignore, to your own ignorance. The world is not a static place, it's constantly changing, every minute of every day there is something new being created and something old being destroyed. The planet is in a perpetual state of creation and destruction, and nothing you, or anyone else, can do will stop this process. Whatever change you do is only a short term change and the planet will eventually continue doing exactly what it was doing in the first place, and in surprisingly short order. If the planet was going to warm 1C in fifty years, then it will warm 1C in fifty years and there is absolutely jack ***we humans can do to change it, in either direction. This has been proven by over eighteen years of no statistically significant warming even though your evil satanic CO2 has continued to be produced by China, India and other developing nations.

Global Warming, which is what your trying to get at, is dead. Your pissed that your golden opportunity to force a Socialist Utopian social system down everyone's throats, under the guise of "saving you from yourselves" has passed. Nobody is actually taking it seriously anymore and they just pay lip service to it to appease you radical believers. Now it's about how to use that residual fear and dogmatic religion to best accomplish power plays and political agendas. There's gonna be a lot of "talk" but very little actual action towards such a goal.

Something you guys can use to visualize whats happening.

http://woodfortrees.org/plot/rss/from:1998/to:2014/trend/plot/rss/from:1998/to:2014

RSS MSU Lower Trop is the satellite data for the atmosphere and it started around 1980. You can see a rise from 1980 to 1990 the a meteoric obscene rise around 1998, which is what caused all the AGW hysteria, then it flat lines after 1998 until 2014 with a slight decreasing trend. That lead up to 1998 happened to also correspond with higher solar activity which has slowed down considerably since then. Anyhow we've had this debate already, several times in fact, and you can't argue yourself right. The world is going to continue doing what it's been doing for the past four billion years, and nothing we do will have any effect on that. That is how small and insignificant you are in the grand scheme of things.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 06:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Bill Gates has said that he and a group of other investors are pledging the £4.6 billion ($7bn) to research into clean energy sources.

The Microsoft co-founder announced the investment as part of a larger initiative with world governments that are promising to double spending on renewable energy research.

The fund will support a wide range of technologies, Mr Gates said at the Paris climate talks - "biofuels, carbon capture, high wind, fission, fusion - we're unbiased but it has to be clean and possible to scale up cheaply".
Meanwhile 154 companies have adhered to the America Business Act on Climate Change(emissions reduction).

You realize that it's literally a meaningless piece of paper right? It means absolutely nothing as a company can "sign" it and then proceed to burn charcoal infused trees outside it's main headquarters while racing 8MPG cars for the companies career day and have absolutely no effect. It's one of those "feel good" things that make people like you feet proud and responsible for doing absolutely nothing.

Hell your not even American why the *** do you care. Seriously why do all you non-Americans give a flying *** on what happens inside America. I swear you spend more time trying to muck around American culture and politics then you do your own countries.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1110 1111 1112 ... 1375 1376 1377