Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1108 1109 1110 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-30 14:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

there we go, stick all those unwanted fetuses into lesbians, bingo, bango, problem solved.

next.
By Jetackuu 2015-11-30 14:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
NO, YOU DON'T BOMB A SCHOOL.
EVEN WHEN YOUR ENEMIES HIDE THEIR ROCKETS IN IT.
Yeah, just don't agree with this. Them putting them in there is a win-win for them, even if you bomb it they can then wage the propaganda war. I don't bite.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-30 14:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
there we go, stick all those unwanted fetuses into lesbians, bingo, bango, problem solved.

next.

Liberals create 'gay factory', promoting their agenda by converting innocent fetuses. Little Timmy had a promising future but thanks to his experience in a 'gay factory' now he can't stop singing praises of Bernie Sanders.

Here in the No-Spin zone.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 14:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
If only they allowed same-sex couples to adopt in more countries, would help a lot of kids

People can't even get over other races raising a baby of a different race and we're going to talk about same sex adoption?

The pro-life position is a position of little to no compromise. Not only must these children be raised by unfit/uninterested parents but they also must meet all these narrow criteria that do little to address the underlying issues. Of course I'm generalizing but many of these organizations rather raise hell than actually pragmatically solve issues.

Sex ed? No
Adoption reform? No
Contraception? No
Welfare / WIC / SNAP availability? No
Same sex adoptions? No
Mixed race adoptions? No
Parents who aren't religious? No

At some point it just stops being pro-life and starts being pro-status quo.
It should be self evident that people that are trying to adopt a child would not be "uninterested".
And as for being unfit, there are many precautions put into effect to avoid that.
As for the lesser criteria you listed, those are left to the orphanage that has been given pretty much the same rights any parent would have in raising a child. If the child is willingly put up for adoption then the adoption center of your choice to meet your views should be available. As for children taken away by the state, the state should not impose frivolous criteria like the ones you listed.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-30 14:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

gay factory

that's my JAM!!!
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-30 14:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
And as for being unfit, there are many precautions put into effect to avoid that.

unfortunately none of them work...
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 14:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

unfortunately none of them work...
That's a blanket statement...
Laws don't stop every crime. Yet we still employ them.
The system is not perfect because people are not perfect.
However, we must not let these things stop us.
If we do. Evil will win.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-30 14:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

The article is about a woman who wrote a book.

This is the part I assume you're getting at...

Quote:
An estimated 50 percent of women who seek one abortion, will have a repeat one, according to the Guttmacher Institute, which promotes sexual and reproductive health. About 10 percent of those women will have three or more.

Its 2006 report found that most of these women were over age 30 and using contraception at the time of conception.

Little is known about these women, although they may be "perceived as having difficulty practicing contraception," or using abortion as a method of family planning, according to the report.

Note, all these numbers are estimations for 2006 based off 2002 data and it's 2015. I'm sure there are women using abortion as contraception, but the numbers are blown way out of proportion as well as the reasoning.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-30 15:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My issue is:

If a woman is using abortions as a contraception, thank the high heavens she isn't actually raising children.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-30 15:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Just wait until pro-lifers get to know about multifetal reduction, ***is going to hit the fan.

K.
By Jetackuu 2015-11-30 15:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My issue is:

If a woman is using abortions as a contraception, thank the high heavens she isn't actually raising children.

Don't always agree, but you post pure gems at times.
By fonewear 2015-11-30 16:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

next.

Liberals create 'gay factory', promoting their agenda by converting innocent fetuses. Little Timmy had a promising future but thanks to his experience in a 'gay factory' now he can't stop singing praises of Bernie Sanders.

Here in the No-Spin zone.

What about gay steel mill ?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-30 16:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Siren.Akson said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
the last thing you ever get to do is claim to be "compassionate".
I respect the idea of being sympathetic to someone who will never see the day of light. What I don't understand is this. Do you have no sympathy for women whom wish to abort? I imagine ya'll just say to yourselves "right is right and wrong is wrong and abortion is wrong" yet the woman herself, or couple, has to live with the choice made, not me or you. No sympathy whatsoever to them for having to be put into such a situation forced to make the decision?
I do have sympathy. I have great sympathy for people struggling with a wide variety of issues. I have good friends who have undertaken the procedure. It doesn't make me look for a way to dissolve our relationship, but that doesn't mean that I have to embrace their choice either.
No one's asking you to embrace abortion at all whatsoever. I'm sure some would rather just give birth, no matter what the circumstances are, due to thier strong beliefs. The problem is those whom have done so would respect your decision while lifers wish to eliminate the other sides options all together.

You know, ultimately we have some pretty hard standards for the justification of taking a human life, inconvenient timing for parenting, and/or not growing up with first world luxuries should not be amongst them.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-11-30 16:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Having sympathy for women ? That sounds like a terrible idea !

First we let them vote now we have to care about them ? When will it end !
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-11-30 16:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

When men grow breasts and a uterus :)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-30 16:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back from your 3 month break Fone! I certainly missed you!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-11-30 16:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
fonewear said: »

When men grow breasts and a uterus :)

I'll gladly grow breasts I'd never have to leave the house then !
By fonewear 2015-11-30 16:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So with abortions and Syrian refugees I think we can solve them with the same solution. Ignore them and they will go away !
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 16:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Where have you been Fone??
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 17:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
How is it independent? It's in a parasitic state as long as it's within the mother. That's complete dependancy.
I could say that all these people with jobs are directly hurting my body by preventing my body from obtaining money because their employment is parasitic to my job searching, growth, and well being.
If all we are is a body and nothing else then I would be as justified and the woman that kills her baby for the same reasons.
But that would be an insane justification for killing people wouldn't it.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-11-30 17:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Where have you been Fone??

I've been here there and over there. Fallout 4 has taken a lot of my time too.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-11-30 17:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Women don't need a reason to justify killing babies. They do all sorts of irrational things !
By fonewear 2015-11-30 17:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yea back to politics my favorite thing from the debates recently was Uncle Bernie Sanders claiming global warming is causing terrorism.

Also breaking news it is hot in the Middle East in the summer !

[+]
By fonewear 2015-11-30 17:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We can defeat global warming before it beheads us all !
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 17:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Climate change is a threat to national security??
More smoke, mirrors, and lies lies lies lies lies...
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 17:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How is it independent? It's in a parasitic state as long as it's within the mother. That's complete dependancy.
I could say that all these people with jobs are directly hurting my body by preventing my body from obtaining money because their employment is parasitic to my job searching, growth, and well being.
If all we are is a body and nothing else then I would be as justified and the woman that kills her baby for the same reasons.
What you said makes 0 sense.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 17:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile, Pope was questioned(among various things)about the church's position on the use of condoms.

He said it's an important topic and then went on about children dying from famine. Deflection level: christian.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 17:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What you said makes 0 sense.
I'm glad we finally see eye to eye.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 17:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

One dead, over 30 injured during terrorism drill at kenyan college

Quote:
What was supposed to be a drill for a terrorist attack sparked mass panic and confusion at Kenya’s Strathmore University on Monday, and one person was killed.

It was not immediately clear how the woman, a faculty member at the university, was killed, but Strathmore authorities said she suffered severe head injuries. Several others were injured in the chaos. Gunshots were fired by security officials during security training at the university, located in Nairobi, although it’s not clear if they used live ammunition. Strathmore said on Twitter that the training was to “test readiness of students and staff” in case of a violent attack, and students were not informed ahead of time, Reuters reports.

Kenyans have been on heightened alert since April, when more than 147 people were killed in an attack at Kenya’s Garissa University College carried out by militant group Al-Shabab. In 2013, Al-Shabab stormed Nairobi’s Westgate shopping mall, killing 67 people.

After hearing gunfire from security officials—who were shooting as part of the drill—on campus at midday Monday, students and staff were evacuated from university buildings. Photos published on social media show people climbing out the windows of university buildings in what appears to be an attempt to flee the supposed attackers.

“Unfortunately some students and staff panicked and got injured,” Strathmore said on Twitter. The university said it will pay for the medical costs and provide counseling services.

"That was not a drill, that was a terror attack at #Strathmore. A terror attack carried out by Strathmore University upon it's students."

Strathmore said the name of the woman who died was Esther Kidemba. More than 30 students and staff are being treated for their injuries in a number of Nairobi hospitals, according to the university.

*facepalm* Who would have thought that posing as a sudden terrorist attack would scare people..
First Page 2 3 ... 1108 1109 1110 ... 1375 1376 1377