Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1107 1108 1109 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-30 10:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

/rollseyes
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-30 10:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
No one advocates forcing anyone to participate.
yes they do, they are called rapists.
We're not talking about rapists, we're talking about "pro-lifers".

They don't advocate rape.
"Pro lifers" have advocated a rapist's right to force procreation on the unwilling. See no exceptions.

They have also advocated father's visitation rights, even when the father is a rapist.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-11-30 10:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
THEN YOU ARE WEAK

[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 10:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Women should have control over their own bodies, period. Just because some of you don't like that doesn't mean it should ever change. It's been this way for 40 some odd years, get over it.
I have nothing against a woman controlling her own body. I encourage it!
But killing another body is not control over ones own body.
A mother and child are not one being. That baby growing inside her is not part of her body, the baby is their own body and a new life.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-30 10:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes when I'm making breakfast and I crack an egg, I think to myself 'why can't all abortions be this delicious?'
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 11:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes when I'm making breakfast and I crack an egg, I think to myself 'why can't all abortions be this delicious?'
Actually, a chicken egg is not an unborn chicken since it is unfertilised. The eggs we eat are actually the chickens menstrual cycle...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 11:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have the same level of care for the myriad of bacteria living in our bellies too?
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-30 11:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Do you have the same level of care for the myriad of bacteria living in our bellies too?
I love those little guys
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 11:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you saying humans and animals are the same?
If that's the case why don't you eat human meat along with animal meat. I mean there is no difference to you, right?
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-11-30 11:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
This quoted post is an obvious attempt to illicit a specific negative response towards a specific person, which is by definition a troll post. And yet, nothing gets done. There is no need to use the report feature as this is an obvious troll post that an administrator has seen....

You people all call out each other constantly, and there is zero chance I'm going to spend my time trying to decipher what's banter and what's aggression. I can guarantee that none of you want my actual solution to that sort of problem, so maybe just roll with it and remember that with a couple of exceptions, everyone who frequents this section engages in that now and then. There's no policing it short of requiring moderator approval on every post or some such nuclear-option nonsense.

Also, "troll" as a word doesn't mean anything anymore; people have abused it and used it to mean so many things that aren't classical trolling, that it's worthless as a descriptor. This is why I changed the rules to say "provoke" instead, since people haven't devalued that one yet.

So, sure, he's provoking you there, but you called him out for not getting enough public punishment half a page earlier so what exactly were you expecting?
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-11-30 11:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still all aboard the nuke train.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 11:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, I need my intestinal flora to live, since we are in symbiosis.
Meanwhile, yes my life is more important than an ensemble of pluripotent cells.

But I know who I'm talking to so I guess I'll stop bothering.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 11:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Actually I do take care of my gut bacteria as it accounts as a major portion of my immune system.
Nice tangent though.
By volkom 2015-11-30 11:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm drinking some variety apple fusion juice. comes with a warning that this product has not been pasteurized and therefore may contain harmful bacteria that may cause serious illness.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-30 12:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
So are you saying humans and animals are the same?
If that's the case why don't you eat human meat along with animal meat. I mean there is no difference to you, right?

I've seen some people at Wal-Mart who'd make good hamburgers. They aren't free range, organic, artisinal people so I leave them alone. Probably packed full of pesticides and other toxins. My crystals tell me I really should stay away from that type of stuff.

So I sigh and look at the chicken breasts on sale for $5.99.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-30 12:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Thousands are killed by drone strikes including innocent children that do have consciousness and do suffer, no objection.
Collateral damage in war is unfortunate but war is war. Grownups understand that there is always evil in the world and it's better to fight it someplace else than here. Does that mean we can't bomb a school when our enemies hide their rockets inside it?
I hope that is a rhetorical question.
In case it isn't, let's be absolutely clear.
NO, YOU DON'T BOMB A SCHOOL.
EVEN WHEN YOUR ENEMIES HIDE THEIR ROCKETS IN IT.

Why is adoption such an impossibility? What is 9 months out of your party life worth? Is it worth a human life?
When was the last time you adopted someone?
Of all the people you know, and have known, how many do you know have adopted a child?
Women should have control over their own bodies, period. Just because some of you don't like that doesn't mean it should ever change. It's been this way for 40 some odd years, get over it.
A mother and child are not one being. That baby growing inside her is not part of her body, the baby is their own body and a new life.
So, you would like to charge women with involuntary manslaughter if they miscarry?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-30 13:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know a good place to hide my rockets? Apparently schools aren't an option anymore.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-30 13:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Anyone know a good place to hide my rockets? Apparently schools aren't an option anymore.
Inside pregnant women, apparently.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-30 13:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Thousands are killed by drone strikes including innocent children that do have consciousness and do suffer, no objection.
Collateral damage in war is unfortunate but war is war. Grownups understand that there is always evil in the world and it's better to fight it someplace else than here. Does that mean we can't bomb a school when our enemies hide their rockets inside it?

Right we'll really show them by letting them launch those rockets at OUR schools!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-30 13:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Inside pregnant women, apparently.
I peed a little.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-30 13:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They would never make it that far, come on
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-30 13:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Right we'll really show them by letting them launch those rockets at OUR schools!
Well, I'm heartened to see that the wellspring of stupid hasn't run dry yet.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 13:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is adoption such an impossibility? What is 9 months out of your party life worth? Is it worth a human life?
Of all the people you know, and have known, how many do you know have adopted a child?
So, you would like to charge women with involuntary manslaughter if they miscarry?
I have several friends who have adopted children and even some of my friends were adopted at birth because their mother was not able to care for them. One of my friends has adopted 3 children, and another 2 friends have adopted a child each.
All of these adopted people I have had the privilege of knowing have been a huge blessing in my life and the life's around them.
As for me adopting a child? I unfortunately cannot adopt because I would not be able to support a child. I would end up having to put my child up for adoption if I were to try to take on a task like that at this point in my life.

Your second question isn't even a serious one so I will leave my response as is.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-30 13:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have several friends who have adopted children and even some of my friends were adopted at birth because their mother was not able to care for them. One of my friends has adopted 3 children, and another 2 friends have adopted a child each.
All of these adopted people I have had the privilege of knowing have been a huge blessing in my life and the life's around them.
As for me adopting a child? I unfortunately cannot adopt because I would not be able to support a child. I would end up having to put my child up for adoption if I were to try to take on a task like that at this point in my life.

Your second question isn't even a serious one so I will leave my response as is.
So, of all the people you know (50-200?), you know of 3-6 people (stated three, but if paired) who have adopted someone.
So, likely on the order of less than 10% have adopted?

And as for the second question, if you wish to enjoin a fetus with the legal protections of a human being, why should it not enjoy the full protection of the law?
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 13:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, of all the people you know (50-200?), you know of 3-6 people (stated three, but if paired) who have adopted someone.
So, likely on the order of less than 10% have adopted?

And as for the second question, if you wish to enjoin a fetus with the legal protections of a human being, why should it not enjoy the full protection of the law?

First of all, miscarry is not the fault of the mother. So she would be in no way liable.
Intentional miscarry aka abortion, is a conscious decision and therefor should be counted as manslaughter or murder depending on the understanding the mother had while carrying out the abortion.

As for a statistic on adoption based on my small circle of people I know?
Sure, I'll use your 10%.
That would mean of the 7,400,000,000 people on earth there are 740 million people on earth that will adopt, and since we are making up statistics lets say half of the worlds population are children and the other half adults, and lets say of those children 10% are needed to be put up for adoption. That leaves 370,000,000 children in need of adoption and 740,000,000 people ready and wanting to adopt. 2 people for ever 1 child in need of adoption. Perfect. Isn't statistical science great? Especially when you get to make it up as you go...
 Siren.Akson
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-11-30 13:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
the last thing you ever get to do is claim to be "compassionate".
I respect the idea of being sympathetic to someone who will never see the day of light. What I don't understand is this. Do you have no sympathy for women whom wish to abort? I imagine ya'll just say to yourselves "right is right and wrong is wrong and abortion is wrong" yet the woman herself, or couple, has to live with the choice made, not me or you. No sympathy whatsoever to them for having to be put into such a situation forced to make the decision?
I do have sympathy. I have great sympathy for people struggling with a wide variety of issues. I have good friends who have undertaken the procedure. It doesn't make me look for a way to dissolve our relationship, but that doesn't mean that I have to embrace their choice either.
No one's asking you to embrace abortion at all whatsoever. I'm sure some would rather just give birth, no matter what the circumstances are, due to thier strong beliefs. The problem is those whom have done so would respect your decision while lifers wish to eliminate the other sides options all together.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-30 14:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If only they allowed same-sex couples to adopt in more countries, would help a lot of kids
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-30 14:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
If only they allowed same-sex couples to adopt in more countries, would help a lot of kids

People can't even get over other races raising a baby of a different race and we're going to talk about same sex adoption?

The pro-life position is a position of little to no compromise. Not only must these children be raised by unfit/uninterested parents but they also must meet all these narrow criteria that do little to address the underlying issues. Of course I'm generalizing but many of these organizations rather raise hell than actually pragmatically solve issues.

Sex ed? No
Adoption reform? No
Contraception? No
Welfare / WIC / SNAP availability? No
Same sex adoptions? No
Mixed race adoptions? No
Parents who aren't religious? No

At some point it just stops being pro-life and starts being pro-status quo.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1107 1108 1109 ... 1375 1376 1377