Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1013 1014 1015 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-10-07 00:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
What does the Fox News say?
YouTube Video Placeholder
LMFAO That was glorious.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-07 03:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is a lot of countries would get involved if Russia went to war with NATO.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-10-07 07:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Somehow I doubt Turkey is stronger than Russia. Unless you mean NATO will go against it cause that would get really ugly.

NATO will write them a mean letter.
Pfft, NATO will get Canada to write the letter, with nothing but apologies for being written in the first place.

"Dear Russia,

We are sorry to inform you, that your actions... blah, blah blah!

Sincerely,
Canada on behalf of NATO"

Canada's busy.

Hockey season open tonight.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-07 08:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Problem is a lot of countries would get involved if Russia went to war with NATO.

Hence why Russia is just a troubled teen knocking over the local corner store.

They need to be taken seriously, and of course they are a threat, but I never can take them seriously.

It's posturing while trying to see what they can get away with. Basically doing everything they possibly can without igniting actual war.

Same with NK, just way more of an actual threat.

I find it depressing, on a personal level as I find that Russia could be about the best worldwide ally if done right. But hey.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-07 08:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if Russia was an ally, people will still *** about it.

Case in point: Israel.
By Ramyrez 2015-10-07 08:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm of the opinion people should stop being shitty to each other worldwide, but that's expecting far, far to much of the human race.

Bring on the lizard men.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-07 08:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I'm of the opinion people should stop being shitty to each other worldwide, but that's expecting far, far to much of the human race.

Bring on the cat women.
ftfy
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-07 08:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring on the lizard men.
Here at NWO inc. we're trying our best. Please wait a little longer.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-07 08:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring on the lizard men.

Word.
By Ramyrez 2015-10-07 09:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Here at NWO inc. we're trying our best. Please wait a little longer.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-07 09:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

bern hollywood bern!

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-07 09:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

In corruption news:

FBI probe of Clinton e-mail expands to second data company

Quote:
The FBI’s probe into the security of Hillary Rodham Clinton’s e-mail has expanded to include a second private technology company, which said Tuesday it plans to provide the law enforcement agency with data it preserved from Clinton’s account.

The additional data, provided by Connecticut-based Datto Inc., could open a new avenue for investigators interested in recovering e-mails deleted by the former secretary of state — now the Democratic presidential front-runner — that have caught the interest of GOP lawmakers.

Datto’s work on the Clinton e-mail system became public Tuesday when the Republican chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee sent the company a lengthy letter seeking information about the role it and other firms played in managing the Clinton e-mail system.

Datto was hired to provide backups for the Clinton e-mail accounts starting in May 2013 by Platte River Networks, the Colorado-based tech firm hired earlier that year by the Clinton family to manage the system after Hillary Clinton concluded her term as secretary.

The FBI has been investigating whether classified information may have been improperly stored and transmitted through Clinton’s private server.

During an interview with ABC News, Hillary Clinton apologized for using a private e-mail server during her time as secretary or state. Here are past statements where the presidential hopeful neglected to take personal responsibility for the controversy. (The Washington Post)
Platte River handed over a server to the FBI in August.

An official from Datto told The Washington Post on Tuesday about his company’s interactions with the federal investigators.

“Datto is working with the FBI to provide data in conjunction with its investigation,” said Michael Fass, general counsel at Datto.

Fass said Datto had received consent to turn over data from the Clintons and from Platte River. A Datto official said the FBI would receive a “node,” a piece of hardware the company housed in Pennsylvania that allowed it to store data on its cloud.

Brian Fallon, a spokesman for the Clinton campaign, accused Johnson of “ripping a page from the House Benghazi Committee’s playbook and mounting his own, taxpayer-funded sham of an investigation with the sole purpose of attacking Hillary Clinton politically.”

“The Justice Department is already conducting a review concerning the security of her server equipment, and is fully aware of Datto’s role in providing services to Platte River Networks. The Justice Department’s independent review is led by nonpolitical, career professionals, and Ron Johnson has no business interfering with it for his own partisan ends,” he said in a statement.

A spokesmen for the FBI did not respond late Tuesday to requests for comment. Peter Carr, a spokesman for the Department of Justice, declined to comment.

Catch up on the controversy and read the e-mails View Graphic

It is not clear whether the data provided by Datto includes any material from Clinton’s time as secretary of state. Late Tuesday, officials from the two tech firms disagreed about the possibility that years-old e-mails Clinton has deemed personal and deleted could be recovered by the FBI.

A Datto official said that investigators may be able to recover the e-mails if the data existed at the time the company was hired in May 2013 and had not been altered since.

A spokesman for Platte River, Andy Boian, said his company assumed that Datto would have retained data for only a short period and older e-mails would no longer be available.

The role of an additional private firm in maintaining Clinton’s e-mail adds yet another wrinkle in an unfolding controversy that has emerged as an issue for Clinton’s White House bid.

Clinton has turned over thousands of pages of e-mails to the State Department for public release, but some Republican lawmakers have called for the 31,000 deleted e-mails she deemed personal to be recovered. The GOP lawmakers have questioned whether they contained classified or otherwise sensitive national security information.

The letter to Datto from Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) cited e-mails and other documents that have been turned over to the committee by Platte River in recent weeks that show a more complicated array of companies involved in managing the Clinton e-mail system than had previously been publicly known.

The letter, in requesting additional information, describes a Clinton family entity called Clinton Executive Service, which contracted with Platte River after Hillary Clinton left the State Department.

Of particular interest to Johnson, according to his letter, is whether Datto was authorized to store classified information and whether the firm has come under cyberattack.

The letter cites some colorful internal e-mails from Platte River that were sent in August as the company’s role in the controversy gained widespread attention.

In one exchange, a Platte River employee working on the Clinton account discusses with a colleague whether there was a written record of a “directive to cut the backup.”

The context is not clear, but it suggests there was growing anxiety over how the system was managed and who would be held responsible. At about the time of that exchange, Platte River had been in discussions with Datto about the length of time Clinton e-mail data was preserved and whether copies were saved, according to a person familiar with the discussions.

“If we had that email we are golden,” the employee wrote.

“Starting to think this whole thing really is covering up some shaddy [sic] s**t,” the employee wrote.

Boian, the Platte River spokesman, said he had no idea what the coverup conversation referred to, but he said, “I can tell you emphatically that Platte River Networks does not believe that any cover up has occurred.”

Don't worry democrats/liberals. She won't be prosecuted, even if there is overwhelming evidence of breaking the Federal Recordkeeping Laws. Also if there's evidence that her server got hacked (they keep saying it wasn't, but it's only the Clinton camp that says that) and classified information was leaked.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-07 09:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For Lordgrim: a vaccine against diabetes is being tested and giving good results and will soon become available to all babies at risk :D
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-07 09:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For Lordgrim: a vaccine against diabetes is being tested and giving good results and will soon become available to all babies at risk :D
Source

And yes, this vaccine is proven to not cause autism.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-07 10:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently him repeating that he marched with MLK like a broken record hasn't attracted African-American or Latino voters. Sanders admitted today he has a problem with PoC, well duh.

Reading this article it doesn't seem like he's going to change his approach to minority voters. This is going to be his downfall. He really needs a solid endorsement from someone like Cristina Saralegui to attract minority voters.

Bernie Sanders: “Do I need more outreach with the Latino and African-American community? Absolutely!”

Quote:
Democratic presidential contender Bernie Sanders appeared on “All In with Chris Hayes” on Tuesday to discuss the issues he believes next week’s Democratic debate will focus on — including gun control in the wake of the Umpqua Community College mass-shooting and his ability to reach minority voters.

“Hillary Clinton and I disagree on a lot of issues,” Sanders said. “We disagree on Wall Street and what we should do, whether or not we bring back Glass-Steagall or break up the large banks. We disagree about how high the minimum wage should go, I think it should go to 15 bucks an hour. We disagree about our college plans, I believe she hasn’t come up with an opinion yet.”

Sanders also spoke at length about his support for gun control, noting that “I come from a state that has virtually no gun control at all. Yet, I’ve cast some very, very difficult votes in favor of strong gun control. I mean, you’re looking at a guy who was a Congressman who voted for strong background checks, instant background checks — I want to see them made even stronger.”

However, he also proffered, unprompted, the preferred argument of anti-gun control conservatives, noting that “in my view we need a revolution in mental health in this country. I believe you have thousands of people walking the streets of America today who are suicidal, who are homicidal.”

Hayes asked Sanders how well he believed was doing “building the multiracial coalition that is necessary to succeed in a Democratic primary past Iowa and New Hampshire,” to which the Vermont senator replied that although he’s now considered “a serious candidate,” his campaign does “need to do more outreach to the Latino and African-American community.”

“One of the things that we are going to be able to do,” he explained, “because 650,000 people, a record-breaking number, have contributed to our campaign, is we are going to have the resources to develop a strong organization in South Carolina, Nevada, and the states that follow.”

Sanders added that he has “a strong record of standing up for African-American community — but more importantly, we have an economic agenda, a social justice agenda, a criminal justice agenda which I think will make sense to the African-American community once they hear it.”
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-07 10:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

vaccine against diabetes is being tested and giving good results and will soon become available to all babies at risk :D

It gives you Ebola and turns you into a jewish wilford brimley!

[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-07 10:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
vaccine against diabetes is being tested and giving good results and will soon become available to all babies at risk :D

It gives you Ebola and turns you into a jewish wilford brimley!

Did Rand Paul tell you that?! lol
By Ramyrez 2015-10-07 10:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Apparently him repeating that he marched with MLK like a broken record hasn't attracted African-American or Latino voters. Sanders admitted today he has a problem with PoC, well duh.

Reading this article it doesn't seem like he's going to change his approach to minority voters. This is going to be his downfall. He really needs a solid endorsement from someone like Cristina Saralegui to attract minority voters.

I'm quite frankly shocked he doesn't have more support among the black community. He's saying the right things in many regards. He's particularly vocal against our (decidedly broken) sentencing/prison system that sees countless young black men incarcerated and more or less encouraged toward recidivism by putting them in a position where rehabilitation or escaping the life that put them in prison in the first place is impossible after release.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-07 10:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm quite frankly shocked he doesn't have more support among the black community.
Blatant racism, apparently.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-07 10:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm quite frankly shocked he doesn't have more support among the black community.

I think it's due to several reasons. Blacks and Latinos live together in many parts of the country, so they experience similar socio-economic environments. It doesn't help that Hilldog has that Latino vote on lockdown already with "Latino's for Hillary." Additionally, while he supports social equality for minorities. He comes across as out-of-touch with voters.

Every time I listen to him discuss PoC and issues, I feel he is just out-of-touch. He keeps using the MLK reference to prove his "street creds." He comes across as this antiquated libertarian every time he references his cridentials. Give me something recent. Talk about Rodney King, Rampart Scandal, Ferguson, Trayvon Martin. Even when I hear him discuss LGBT issues I feel like he's out-of-date. Talk about the Pope, Matthew Shepard, heck I'll be happy with a Kaitlyn Jenner comment...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-07 10:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's due to several reasons. Blacks and Latinos live together in many parts of the country, so they experience similar socio-economic environments. It doesn't help that Hilldog has that Latino vote on lockdown already with "Latino's for Hillary." Additionally, while he supports social equality for minorities. He comes across as out-of-touch with voters.

Every time I listen to him discuss PoC and issues, I feel he is just out-of-touch. He keeps using the MLK reference to prove his "street creds." He comes across as this antiquated libertarian every time he references his cridentials. Give me something recent. Talk about Rodney King, Rampart Scandal, Ferguson, Trayvon Martin. Even when I hear him discuss LGBT issues I feel like he's out-of-date. Talk about the Pope, Matthew Shepard, heck I'll be happy with a Kaitlyn Jenner comment...
To be honest, all politicians are out-of-touch when it comes to social and economic issues.

Some are more passionate about a specific issue than others, but they are all out-of-touch when it comes to real racism or real economic hardships.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-07 10:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

he's like 80, he is out of date, man.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-07 10:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, all politicians are out-of-touch when it comes to social and economic issues.

It's not just the issues, its the language and the way he comes across. e.g. Bill Clinton for a white politician could sell anything to minority voters. He was very personable and charming, so it came across as more genuine when he discussed issues.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-07 10:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just the issues, its the language and the way he comes across. e.g. Bill Clinton for a white politician could sell anything to minority voters. He was very personable and charming, so it came across as more genuine when he discussed issues.

So you're all gung-ho for Hillary, who is neither personable, charming, nor genuine. Makes sense.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-07 10:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill Clinton could sell you your own pants.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-07 10:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

So you're all gung-ho for Hillary, who is neither personable, charming, nor genuine. Makes sense.
I think he is gung-ho for Sanders, personally.

Still not personable, charming, genuine, or honest.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-07 11:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There still hasn't been a candidate on either side that screams "Presidential Material" in a long-*** while.

As I loath to say it, Bill Clinton was the last that made that impression, for the exact same reasons Bacon said.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-07 11:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I agree she's no Bill Clinton. I don't see her playing a musical instrument at a church in the deep south. At least for me Hillary doesn't need to be personable or charming. If I had my marital life scrutinized by Congress and the entire nation laugh at how an intern blew my husband. I'd be a pretty cold ***. Imagine having Barbara Walters ask the individual who blew your spouse "do you still love him?" on national television. I think that's where Bill comes in now. "Billy go campaign for me in South Carolina. They like you there."
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-07 11:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

she was pretty funny on snl this weekend. that miley cyrus is quite the hideous little talent-less troll though.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1013 1014 1015 ... 1375 1376 1377