Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 56 57 58
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-06 10:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devastation said: »
Ok, so you got me keep going.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Sometimes feminists just need a hump.

That's how I just read that. Yep, I was just going to say they need a hug.
Reminds me of a Ralph Wiggum quote after seeing the comic store's adult section, "Everybody's hugging!"
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-06 10:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so you got me keep going.

Sometimes feminists just need a hump.

That's how I just read that. Yep, I was just going to say they need a hug.
Reminds me of a Ralph Wiggum quote after seeing the comic store's adult section, "Everybody's hugging!"

It tastes like burning !

Also classic pickup line; So do you like stuff ?
By fonewear 2014-07-06 10:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Semi related but a bit more Huffy than the Huff Post.

http://jezebel.com/5936160/the-official-guide-to-legitimate-rape

Your handy dandy guide to rape.
 Shiva.Devastation
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2014-07-06 12:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We found our first clue, you put in the oven and think, think, and think.
 Shiva.Devastation
By Shiva.Devastation 2014-07-06 12:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed the date on that article, but why does it feel like it never ends? JK LOL Didn't happen.
 Shiva.Devastation
By Shiva.Devastation 2014-07-06 12:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Just state this, I didn't apply rape. By all means use that pick up line and work with it. I have seen some really dumb ones work just to simply break the ice.
 Shiva.Devastation
By Shiva.Devastation 2014-07-06 12:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

-This guy
 Shiva.Afliction
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2014-07-06 12:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just state this, I didn't apply rape. By all means use that pick up line and work with it. I have seen some really dumb ones work just to simply break the ice.
if it works, to each their own?
 Shiva.Devastation
By Shiva.Devastation 2014-07-06 13:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Afliction said: »
st to si
Oh by all means, all I'm stating is that it's hilarious.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-06 13:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Is every argument against feminism a strawman?

No you're simply categorizing it as a strawman fallacy in an attempt to discredit his point. His point is very much valid to ALL minorities. The minute you don't agree with particular minority groups you automatically become a misogynist, homophobe, or racist.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-26 12:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you miss the Huff Post so here goes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/megan-fox-tmnt-girl-power-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles_n_5622174.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

"Cowabunga dudette?" Apparently, not so much in the upcoming "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movie.

"TMNT" star Megan Fox, who plays journalist April in the film, told HitFlix at San Diego Comic-Con that "a lot of girl power ended up on the cutting room floor, unfortunately."

"I had a really awesome scene where I was fighting The Foot Clan, but I think they were like, 'Why would a tiny journalist be able to kick so much ***?'" Fox said. "So that got cut. But I have a moment, Shredder and I have a moment. Maybe it's badass, you tell me when you see it."

Say it ain't so, Megan! As adult women who grew up as "TMNT" fans, we were hoping to see a bit more lady ***-kicking in this updated version. And as Jezebel's Callie Beusman points out, it's not really stretching the mind too far to imagine a petite woman winning a fight when we're already being asked to accept the reality of human-like giant turtles.

But at least the HitFlix interview gave Fox a chance to throw in a not-so-subtle dig at an industry that has written her talents off in favor of her looks.

"[April] is an ambitious journalist that's not making it the way that she wants to be because people underestimate her," Fox said. "I couldn't possibly relate to that."

Boom.
By fonewear 2014-07-29 09:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/literally-darling/this-is-not-my-body_b_5544653.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

This is not my idea of a good time...wait yes it is.

This is not my body in the mirror.

These aren't my hips, breasts, calves, skin, or hair. The curves swallowing me whole, the sagging, the structure, and the shape, don't belong only to me. They don't tell my story.

My body tells the story of all the pieces of women who made me; an amalgamation of my ancestry. I am a patchwork quilt of evolution built from the genetics of women who lived remarkably unremarkable lives.

These hips, that can hold two hands between them, and do not fit into this modern world, come from two families full of twins. The jutting swell of my hips were designed to seat a child on each, carry baskets full of food, and swing with purpose to denote the seriousness of my intent. My hips were worn by the peasants in the Highlands of Scotland and valleys of Ireland all the way through my great-grandmother carrying and caring for her six daughters. These hips have purpose.

From peasant hips come sturdy legs, thighs that touch, and thick ankles that only in the last century have been seen in daylight. They look out-of-place in a world of shorts and small skirts, but never doubt their strength. Heels may be challenging, but they can wrap around a horse and ride for days. Never underestimate their sturdiness, children can cling to these legs and animals can run between without losing balance; their stoutness is but a small price to pay. On these legs my grandmother donned her sneakers with her suit, and commuted to the Pentagon every day, tucked them out of sight behind her desk, and typed up top defense secrets. They may not be pretty, but they did their job.

The skin so fair that my friends once described it as "the other other white meat," has never once agreed with the sunshine. It hails from cloudy temperate climates where the sun rarely shines but the grass is always green. It flushes scarlet in anger, happiness, tears, shyness, and calm. The blood vessels which burst and scatter flecks of red across deathly white skin, and the rosacea which ruddies my cheeks and sends me floundering for lotions and potions is an inheritance straight from the British Isles from which we came. For centuries this skin has fallen victim to the sun; it's been freckled and aged with liver spots, weathered and leathered, and succumbed to disease. I suppose no one ever told the little girls who came before me, while they read them stories about fair maidens, that their lily-white skin would kill them in the end.

These aren't my breasts in the mirror, that fall out of tops and break my back. Instead I see them filling out shapeless rough-spun dresses as they feed the sheep and cows or wrapped tight with too-thin cloaks sailing over the Atlantic to a new world. They're sitting higher than gravity allows, bustled tight with hints of lace as they heave, anxiously awaiting news from the front; or covered in tweed and cardigans on their way to be the first woman in the family to have a college degree. These were the breasts that have sweat over the stove each morning making breakfast, pillowed the heads of crying children, and enamored and offended men in equal parts. They've been weighing down my ancestors for centuries during times when it was already hard enough to stand up straight as a woman.

This body, with its piecemeal parts torn from history may not be beautiful. It may never walk runways, win races, or be the idealized version of womanliness. It is the body of the women who came before me, who used it day in and day out, who needed its strength and curves, and fell to its frailties. It lived through and made histories and brought forth the next generation even when it felt like it couldn't go on.

Looking into the mirror, I see those women, how they survived, thrived, and died.

This body is not my own. It is ours.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-02 08:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
President Barack Obama made a major political mistake by lying about the details of his health care plan, according to former House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-Mass.).

"The rollout was so bad, and I was appalled -- I don't understand how the president could have sat there and not been checking on that on a weekly basis," Frank told HuffPost during a July interview. "But frankly, he should never have said as much as he did, that if you like your current health care plan, you can keep it. That wasn't true. And you shouldn't lie to people. And they just lied to people."

Obama has taken significant flak in conservative circles for claiming that his health care overhaul would allow all existing health care plans to continue, when, in fact, new consumer protection standards would require some people to sign up for more comprehensive insurance. The law provides government subsidies to help people of modest means pay for the more robust plans. Frank is a strong supporter of the law, and he has repeatedly defended Obama and his legislative agenda.

"He should have said, 'Look, in some cases the health care plans that you've got are really inadequate, and in your own interests, we're going to change them,'" Frank said. "But that's not what he said."

A recent Kaiser Family Foundation poll found that Obamacare continues to be widely misunderstood, with a majority of Americans unaware that the law allows consumers to choose between different private sector health plans. Lying about how the consumer protection standards would function, Frank said, created an unnecessary circus around a program that would help people get better coverage.

"Any smart political adviser would have said, 'Don't lie to people, because you're gonna get caught up in it and it's gonna have this tsunami that you now have,'" Frank told HuffPost. "My political motto, very simple. I have always told the truth, and nothing but the truth. But I don't volunteer the whole truth in every situation."
Barney Frank 'Appalled' By Obama Administration: 'They Just Lied To People'
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-07 13:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy 53rd Birthday Obama
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-07 13:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, how is that racist again?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-07 15:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Banana.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-07 15:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Banana.
Still don't get it.

Are the comparing Obama to a monkey? Cause there is no comparison, a monkey looks better.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-07 15:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Also:

Nine Pages!!!!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-07 15:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Banana.
Still don't get it.

Are the comparing Obama to a monkey? Cause there is no comparison, a monkey looks better.
By fonewear 2014-08-13 15:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/12/grand-theft-auto-rape_n_5671400.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

The widely popular "Grand Theft Auto" video-game series lets players get away with a wide range of virtual crimes, including looting and murder. But that's not enough mayhem for some players, who are rewriting its code to add another crime: rape.

In a disturbing new trend, "Grand Theft Auto V" gamers are virtually raping the avatars controlled by other people playing online. They then post videos of their exploits on YouTube.

The virtual rapists modify the game's code to let them do things they otherwise couldn't. They choose a naked or pantless man as their character, lock him to another player and play an animation that thrusts his pelvis back and forth.

Virtual rape is destroying virtual women's lives it must end !
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-08-13 16:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dog Elected Mayor In Minnesota

Quote:
Dreams do come true -- even for canines.

This week, a 7-year-old dog named Duke was elected mayor of Cormorant, a small town in Minnesota. The 12 residents each paid one dollar to cast their vote, local outlets report.

The Great Pyrenees apparently won by a landslide, beating out another human contender for the mayorship.

"Poor Richard Sherbrook that owns the Cormorant Store, he didn't even have half as many votes as Duke did," local resident Tricia Maloney told area news outlet WDAY-TV.

Duke will hold his position for one year after he's officially sworn in on Saturday. His salary? A year's worth of kibble, donated from a local pet food store.

Duke is not the first non-human to be elected to public office. Stubbs the cat, for example, has been the honorary mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska, for the past 17 years. Following a successful write-in campaign, the feline was sworn in as mayor of the small village shortly after his birth. He even survived an "assassination attempt" by a local dog in 2013!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-13 16:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A shadowy figure was spotted on the moon's surface last month, and since then it has grabbed the attention -- and the extremely wild imagination -- of the Internet.

YouTube user Wowforreeel first started investigating the figure using Google Moon, a collection of millions of NASA images made public, according to KGW. On its face, the "figure" looks like a shadow created by any number of geological formations on the moon's surface.

But as these things go, the Internet is pointing to aliens and an ancient statue from Greece as the true subjects of the photos. The Examiner even urges its readers to set aside all logic before examining the mysterious shape:

Did NASA Capture An Alien And Its Shadow On The Moon?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-13 16:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Swamp gas.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-13 17:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Weather Ballon.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-13 17:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-13 21:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Two reporters covering the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri were arrested and physically assaulted by police on Wednesday.

Ryan Reilly, the justice correspondent for The Huffington Post, and Washington Post reporter Wesley Lowery were working in a McDonald's when a SWAT team suddenly invaded the restaurant. After being told to stop recording the proceedings, and refusing, both men were then violently arrested. Lowery was shoved into a soda machine. An officer slammed Reilly's head against glass.

The Washington Post wrote that Lowery was detained after his bag fell off his shoulder.

"Okay, let's take him," officers said.

Reilly and Lowery were released shortly after news of their arrest broke.

Police in Ferguson—which has seen days of protests following the killing of unarmed teenager Michael Brown by an unnamed officer—have been extremely antagonistic towards journalists, as well as towards the protesters demonstrating against Brown's death.

News of the arrests was met with outrage.

Washington Post editor Martin Baron said the paper was "relieved that Wesley is going to be OK" and "appalled by the conduct of police officers involved." He continued, "That behavior was wholly unwarranted and an assault on the freedom of the press to cover the news."

HuffPost's Washington bureau chief Ryan Grim told Talking Points Memo, "This is what happens when local police are allowed to become para-military units."
Huffington Post, Washington Post Reporters Arrested, Assaulted By Ferguson Police
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-13 21:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A shadowy figure was spotted on the moon's surface last month, and since then it has grabbed the attention -- and the extremely wild imagination -- of the Internet.

YouTube user Wowforreeel first started investigating the figure using Google Moon, a collection of millions of NASA images made public, according to KGW. On its face, the "figure" looks like a shadow created by any number of geological formations on the moon's surface.

But as these things go, the Internet is pointing to aliens and an ancient statue from Greece as the true subjects of the photos. The Examiner even urges its readers to set aside all logic before examining the mysterious shape:

Did NASA Capture An Alien And Its Shadow On The Moon?

Face found on Mars, Alien Life confirmed.

By fonewear 2014-08-14 07:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me know when there is a roller coaster on the moon.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-08-14 09:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't be much of a roller coaster. You'd achieve escape velocity with every upward incline.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-08-14 10:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Congressman Who Voted Against Minimum Wage Hike Complains He Hasn't Gotten A Raise
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 56 57 58