Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 56 57 58
By fonewear 2015-05-05 11:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe you take a joke website seriously. I mean you might as well claim you get your news from this forum. It has the same creditability.
By fonewear 2015-05-05 11:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »
You guys act like I'm the authority on all things Huff Post. Like I said early if you don't like Huff post take it up with them.

I'm just pointing out their crazy ***.

No, you're just posting their articles and superimposing your feelings of inadequacy upon them and coming to the conclusion they're clearly all crazy, useless, inaccurate feminist rantings. XD

You say that like they're not.

I mean, isn't that why this thread exists?

Exactly the purpose of the thread is to point out the craziness of said website. By all means if you don't want to hear about it being mocked I suggest going to another thread.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 11:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/04/women-masturbation-statistics-fivethirtyeight_n_5445530.html

This thread should be stickied because it's the Huffington Post. All sorts of batcrazy BS "stories" come out of this all the time.

Page one clearly defined the thread.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 11:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I fully acknowledge there are some extremist feminists that are worthless human beings who do not but cause more problems than they solve, and who clearly have no interest in "equality" as much as "revenge" for some slight, real or perceived.

But viewing all feminists -- or even women's issues as a whole -- as contributory to those extremists it's quite prevelant around here, and it's problematic and indicative of the approach many men take to the topic.

Which means we've come full circle to my first comment today.

I really love how this thread has become a safe haven for insecure bros.

It's like FFXIAH's own little corner of MRA heaven.

I really kinda like most of the people here. Even those you might suspect I wouldn't, because I don't think anyone here is truly malicious in their intent. Just a little mislead.

But I really hope some of the people here with views based on their (clearly unfortunate) limited experience grow those views with time to encompass a bit more of a complete world view and understand that there are issues, clouded though they may be by extremists on both sides.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 11:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/04/women-masturbation-statistics-fivethirtyeight_n_5445530.html

This thread should be stickied because it's the Huffington Post. All sorts of batcrazy BS "stories" come out of this all the time.

Page one clearly defined the thread.

But your last post clearly doesn't fall under that. It's a standard piece on learning to process your emotions and properly dealing with them.

There's nothing feminist, crazy, or inaccurate about it. :p
By fonewear 2015-05-05 11:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see too much women hating on here mostly people pretending to hate women to prove a point. That is how I look at my approach to feminism. I have to pretend to be a "woman hater" to get across the message that feminism has been hijacked by extreme fringe members. They took what was a good thing and made it terrible.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 11:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

here is an hour long discussion: won't let me embed the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=PDr2-O_KyFE
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-05 11:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see too much women hating on here mostly people pretending to hate women to prove a point. That is how I look at my approach to feminism. I have to pretend to be a "woman hater" to get across the message that feminism has been hijacked by extreme fringe members. They took what was a good thing and made it terrible.
You have not succeded at all if that's your goal.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 11:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There was never a goal to this thread. It was supposed to be fun. I know having fun is a foreign concept to some people though !

If you came here for nuanced discussion of women's issues I'm afraid you are at the wrong place.

I'm sure if you really cared about women's issues you would minor/take classes in it at your local college.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 11:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You have not succeded at all if that's your goal.

Not even a little bit.

I used to think that you were just pretending to be funny. Not so much to make a point, but just to be funny. But your dogged persistence makes me think there's more there than just joking.

Or maybe you're like one of those comedians that has a really limited scope of jokes, I don't know.
By fonewear 2015-05-05 11:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You take this ***too seriously this is a video game forum not a Phd course in college.

When if ever have I actually said that I really believe anything I write ever ?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-05 11:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There was never a goal to this thread. It was supposed to be fun. I know having fun is a foreign concept to some people though !

If you came here for nuanced discussion of women's issues I'm afraid you are at the wrong place.

I'm sure if you really cared about women's issues you would minor/take classes in it at your local college.
You just stated:
Quote:
That is how I look at my approach to feminism. I have to pretend to be a "woman hater" to get across the message that feminism has been hijacked by extreme fringe members. They took what was a good thing and made it terrible.
My reply is to tell you that you have not accomplished this. In fact your mindless babbling about the topic probably hurts that position more than anything. I mean you literally talked about approaching this from common grounds and talking things out this morning and then disclose that your own aaproach is to take up the I'm gonna be an *** to get my point across method...
By fonewear 2015-05-05 11:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly I contradict myself all the time. Maybe I do it on purpose the world may never know...
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 11:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You take this ***too seriously this is a video game forum not a Phd course in college.

It's entirely possible. I have a tendency to perseverate that I don't always catch until it's about four posts too late.

When if ever have I actually said that I really believe anything I write ever ?

Like I said. For the longest time I thought it was all schtick.

Not so sure anymore. Or, maybe more accurately, not sure if you've lost track yourself.
By fonewear 2015-05-05 11:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If I ever posted something I believe or actually feel I'll put up a disclaimer.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-05 11:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can start the disclaimer with "HOLD THE FONE!"
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 11:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You can start the disclaimer with "HOLD THE FONE!"

I feel this is a valid resolution of our discourse here today.

Who says we never come to agreements or understandings here?
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-05 11:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as long as we can get back to ridiculing the things that matter. Huffpost and Lordgrim.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 12:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't nice when everyone can agree on things they dislike !
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-06 01:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I fully acknowledge there are some extremist feminists that are worthless human beings who do not but cause more problems than they solve, and who clearly have no interest in "equality" as much as "revenge" for some slight, real or perceived.

And those are the leaders of the modern feminist movement. You can believe anything you want but ultimately everything you do, in the support of feminism, is channeled to further the political agendas of those militant radical feminists running the show. You put them in charge because they were the loudest, angriest and most devoted "to the cause" of all. And if your a male feminist (oxymoron if there ever was one) then I laugh as you've willingly created, and then supported, the engine of your own destruction. All out of an inborn inferiority complex.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-06 01:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as long as we can get back to ridiculing the things that matter. Huffpost and Lordgrim.

And debating on big *** or huge ***.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 07:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

I''ve said it before and I'll say it again.

Size isn't important as long as 1) they're real and 2) they fit the rest of the woman.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 07:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And if your a male feminist

Wouldn't call myself that, as feminist has evolved to be too inline with those extremists.

I'm just a fan of equality. I mean, yes, you're always going to on some instinctual level treat the opposite sex in a sexual fashion. You're not going to get away from that. Nor should we.

But learning to control that instinct and treat others as equals is where the progress needs to be made.

For instance, I'm sure there are feminists who think just discussing what you find attractive in the opposite sex is terrible, horrible, sexual harassment, misogynist (because only men do it, right?), etc.

Those people need to find a better use of their time.

At the same time, there's a portion of the male population who thinks "I hope you get raped" is a perfectly okay response to a woman standing up for herself.

Those are basically the male equivelant of the jackbooted feminists and those guys also need to *** go.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-06 07:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
At the same time, there's a portion of the male population who thinks "I hope you get raped" is a perfectly okay response to a woman standing up for herself.

Only on the internet. In actual life those types of guys are universally shunned and rejected from society as a whole, and this is why.

Practically all men are born genetically preprogrammed to protecting women and children. This doesn't need to be taught, it exists on an instinctual level and is often referred to as the "protector instinct". A man throwing himself at a tiger, a situation that would almost certainly lead to his death, in order to give time for the women and children to leave, was normal in our distant past. Many men died in order to provide protection and resources to those prehistoric women. Women only possess that instinct towards their children, not another women's children and certainly not the sperm donor that assisted in creating hers. Now there are a very small number of men who are born without that instinct, amongst others, and we call them sociopaths. There is also a number of women born without that instinct, though they are far better at assimilating into society then their male counterparts.

So because the norm is to protect women and children, men who don't do this are ostracized by other men and pushed out of the tribe. There is absolutely zero need to "educate" men, or "teach men not to rape". It's a f*cking farce created by the radical feminists in order to create the social norm that "all men are rapists" and that you White Knights need to do "something" to protect women.

Quote:
But learning to control that instinct and treat others as equals is where the progress needs to be made.

Men are actually programmed to treat women as though they are better then men. This is because women are actually born better then men in the ultimate purpose of all things, which is life. A female child has innate value because she possess the only means by which life can be created, a male child is born with no value because he has yet to prove himself genetically worthy of passing on life. Our genetic history is proof of this, by studying both the Y chromosome and mitochondria DNA, geneticists have been able to determine the human reproduction ratio, and the results are staggering. For every male that successfully reproduced, four to five females reproduced. Since humans are born with an approximate 50:50 split, four males had their genetics thrown onto the evolutionary trash heap as they were deemed unfit and unworthy. This leads to some interesting behavioral programming with the results that women identify with who they are while men identify with what they do or have done. Women are created with value whilst men must create value for themselves.

Thousands of years of society tried to change this by creating various cultures, religions and rules, all designed to even out the value of men and women so that a functional society can exist. Now that those rules no longer apply, we've all fallen back to our pre-society behaviors. Most of you men don't get regular access to sex whilst those of us who improved ourselves and are deemed worthy get access to far more then we could ever need. The balance has shifted from 1:1 to something more like 1:4.5 for male:female partnering and it's showing with the sheer number of single mothers, absentee fathers and professional men who refuse to marry. The puerarchy is in full swing and rapidly becoming the norm for successful men.

Anyhow I doubt you'll pay attention to any of this and will instead retort with some emotional argument in an attempt to shame or insult me.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-06 07:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Size isn't important as long as 1) they're real and 2) they fit the rest of the woman.

What an incredibly misogynistic thing to say. I couldn't give a flying f*ck if a women's breasts are real or not. If a women desires to cosmetically enhance herself then it's her right as a sentient being to do so. If she desires to put on makeup, wear high heels or other garments designed to accentuate her fertility markers, then it's her choice.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 07:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyhow I doubt you'll pay attention to any of this and will instead retort with some emotional argument in an attempt to shame or insult me.

I realize you try to present yourself as a learned individual, speaking logic and science and laying down some great truth about gender relations.

But you don't fool me and I honestly don't think you fool anyone who isn't predisposed to agreeing with you and your stance from the get go.

The assumptions you make about me and others are somewhere between just "wrong" and "insulting".

That said, nothing I say is going to change your mind either, and in spite of your wordy responses, your response is every bit as much a knee-jerk emotional response as any, and are just as intended to "shame or insult" as anything.

Quote:
Most of you men don't get regular access to sex

Is just laughable. Seriously.

But you can go ahead and pretend all you want you're some alpha pinacle of male perfection. Far be it from me to ruin your fantasy.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 07:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What an incredibly misogynistic thing to say. I couldn't give a flying f*ck if a women's breasts are real or not. If a women desires to cosmetically enhance herself then it's her right as a sentient being to do so. If she desires to put on makeup, wear high heels or other garments designed to accentuate her fertility markers, then it's her choice.

I'm sorry. I thought we were engaging in our right to freely discuss our preferences.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-06 07:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

as long as 1) they're real
Actually I used to think this was important too, like there's some kind of pride in natural boobs, until I met a girl with breasts implants and she kindly left me feel them up to compare. Sure there is a difference in the touch, but it's not like they're made of plastic, and they sure look pretty good. So I dunno, I think it's just a social stigma they're pretty fine really.

Most of you men don't get regular access to sex whilst those of us who improved ourselves and are deemed worthy get access to far more then we could ever need.
Lol'd hard. Oh Saevel, you're so alpha just reading your posts makes me pregnant.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-06 07:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

And just to really piss off the male feminists / White Knights.

http://puerarchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/TheFuturist_TheMisandryBubble.pdf

Long read and most of you won't bother, but those that do may start to see things in a slightly different light. You've been lied to by many people and been led to believe in a wholly different version of human nature.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-06 07:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize you try to present yourself as a learned individual, speaking logic and science and laying down some great truth about gender relations.

But you don't fool me and I honestly don't think you fool anyone who isn't predisposed to agreeing with you and your stance from the get go.

The assumptions you make about me and others are somewhere between just "wrong" and "insulting".

That said, nothing I say is going to change your mind either, and in spite of your wordy responses, your response is every bit as much a knee-jerk emotional response as any, and are just as intended to "shame or insult" as anything.

Quote:
Most of you men don't get regular access to sex

Is just laughable. Seriously.

But you can go ahead and pretend all you want you're some alpha pinacle of male perfection. Far be it from me to ruin your fantasy.

Unfortunately my assumptions were demonstrated correct. You are your own worst enemy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 56 57 58