Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 56 57 58
By fonewear 2015-01-01 10:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
On a side note:

They can't even get their years right...

It's a subliminal message to Hillary Clinton...

Also it is hard to keep track of time when you spend most of it pushing your agenda...
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-01-01 10:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I have already done the first on the feminist new years list.

I proudly support single mothers.

I tried really hard, but I couldn't stop myself from saying "Get over yourself!" once I got to #4

Maybe it kind of counts as support? Once you approach something with humility, isn't that a step towards realizing your own self-worth and potential?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-01-01 10:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »

I tried really hard, but I couldn't stop myself from saying "Get over yourself!" once I got to #4

Maybe it kind of counts as support? Once you approach something with humility, isn't that a step towards realizing your own self-worth and potential?

Body positive image is an important thing. Not only can you let yourself go you can feel proud about it !

See: (the word fat is offensive)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-01 10:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »

Body positive image is an important thing. Not only can you let yourself go you can feel proud about it !

See: (the word fat is offensive)

When I see women with torn jeans, I generally get turned off.

It's a sign of not respecting themselves by allowing their clothes to be in rags...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-01-01 10:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are fat and a man you are shamed for it but a fat woman is the new trend for 2015.

I encourage all young women to eat more Ben and Jerry's ice cream not just when a guy breaks your heart. But make it a habit who cares what society thinks you are beautiful at any size !

I would lose weight but that is what society wants me to do I have to do the opposite !

I too am going to eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream every time rape culture is glorified.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-01 10:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Health consequences be damned!
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-01-01 10:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how getting a brain freeze from all the ice cream is going to help feminists get ahead in life. You're beautiful even when you scrunch up your face in agonizing pain!?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-01-01 10:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ice cream is the only dessert that can free me from the oppression of patriarchy.

See it doesn't matter what it is I have to view everything in my life as a feminist.

It is my duty to push the feminist agenda even down to what I eat.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2015-01-01 10:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are fat and a man you are shamed for it but a fat woman is the new trend for 2015.

I encourage all young women to eat more Ben and Jerry's ice cream not just when a guy breaks your heart. But make it a habit who cares what society thinks you are beautiful at any size !

I would lose weight but that is what society wants me to do I have to do the opposite !

I too am going to eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream every time rape culture is glorified.

The only time an overweight woman is glorified is when the excess flesh is on her tiddies.

Fat men get tons of punanee. We can compensate with bling and $$$. I would argue fat men actually have it better off than toned and ripped ones.
A fat man is going to attract a certain type of female with his $$$ . That type is usually out for short term gains and returns - Exactly what all men want (SHORT TERM).
There's no illusion of marriage or "growing old together" soul-mate talk. Its a simple transaction.

Other guys dont have that advantage. the girl could end up being attracted to him and want to stick around, bringing all the drama with it.

Get laid, get free! Get Fat!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-01-12 12:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fox News Commentator Just Claimed Birmingham Is A Muslim-Only City #FoxNewsFacts

That's Birmingham England BTW.

Quote:
Fox News - the bastion of freedom, facts, accuracy and... only joking!

Even by the American news channel's standards they surpassed themselves on Sunday by allowing an 'expert' to claim Birmingham is a Muslim-only city.

Steven Emerson said: "And in Britain, it's not just no-go zones, there are actual cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don't go in.
He alpoligized later.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-01-26 11:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Survivor of 'Charlie Hebdo' Massacre 'Very Happy Obama Didn't Come to Paris'
By fonewear 2015-02-05 10:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/reasons-your-vagina-is-a-total-boss_n_6607722.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

Take me serious you will !

The story is so stupid reading it would waste valuable seconds of your life !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-05 10:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/reasons-your-vagina-is-a-total-boss_n_6607722.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

Take me serious you will !

The story is so stupid reading it would was valuable seconds of your life !
You lost me at #1: The vagina is self-cleaning.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-05 10:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I warned you that reading it would waste your time but you didn't listen did you !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-05 10:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I warned you that reading it would waste your time but you didn't listen did you !
I missed the edit. :/
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-05 10:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet if a man wrote about his thing the feminists would be up in arms !

It would be borderline rape talk !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-05 10:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Huffington Post's analysis of Paul Ryan's proposal, suggests that it will add $100 billion in the deficit, obviously doesn't understand that these rules are already in place

Quote:
The first bills promoted by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) as the new chairman of the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee would add nearly $100 billion to the deficit over 10 years.

Ryan, a deficit hawk during his time as the chairman of the Budget Committee for the previous six years, made his fame proposing budgets that aimed to dramatically cut domestic spending and balance the budget within a decade.

But in his first legislative act as head of the committee that will be central to expected tax reform efforts over the next two years, Ryan pushed through a package of seven tax cut bills that would add $93.5 billion to the deficit in the next decade.

The largest, a measure that lets small business write off expenses more quickly, would add $77 billion to the deficit.

Other measures would allow companies to inflate the value of food donations (including things like old Twinkies), make it easier to donate retirement savings, and conserve land, among other things.

Although Republicans generally require new expenses to be paid for by cuts elsewhere in the budget, they don't when it comes to tax cuts. As a result, none of the proposed measures came along with savings from another portion of the budget. Republicans also argued that the breaks in question have been enacted every year on a temporary basis -- without any "pay-for" -- and it only makes sense to make the measures permanent.

"We all know that our businesses need certainty to grow," Ryan said. “If these things have been in the [tax] code for a long time, and they’re important provisions, then let’s just keep them in the code."

Indeed, most Democrats have backed the temporary versions of the broadly popular tax cuts, including as recently as December. But they worried that enacting the new measures would not only be a permanent boost to the deficit, but if signed into law would also exclude those loopholes from possible future tax reform efforts -- leaving more pressure to reduce breaks for the middle class, such as child tax credits and mortgage interest deductions, or cut spending.

"If we're going to have any hope of a comprehensive tax reform, we're not going to be able to, on a serial basis, deal with the items that we all agree with, that are the easy stuff, that narrows the range of what we're going to have going forward," said Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.).

He added that if Ryan was willing to jettison deficit concerns for the sake of popular tax breaks, Blumenauer would be happy to seek some of his own.

"I will tell you, I'm willing to drop a hand grenade or two in the conversation if you're going to go down this path," Blumenauer said. "Because I've got some things that I'm working on that would be extraordinarily popular. If we're just going to say, 'If it's popular and we like it, we don't have to worry about fiscal discipline,' I'll be there to help fund it."

Blumenauer and others noted that while helping charities and small businesses is popular, the tax cuts under consideration tend to help the better-off, such as companies that have expired but edible food they can't sell or people with huge retirement incomes. And that could come at the expense of breaks that help more people.

"I think it causes a great deal of uncertainty for other Americans who don't have the benefit of being able to give away their retirement money to good causes," said Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.)

“This Republican ploy selects almost $100 billion of favored tax provisions to benefit a small portion of taxpayers by borrowing more money from abroad," Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas) told The Huffington Post as the hearing wound down. "Their package eliminates enough revenue to fund life-saving medical research through the National Institutes for Health for more than two years. Instead of a bipartisan commitment to comprehensive tax reform, they continue on a partisan path to promote the privileged.”

But Ryan and other Republicans countered that it's better for individuals to decide how to spend their own money, not the government, and that letting people donate their cash rather than give it to the government helps society, too.

Ryan insisted that he was still committed to seeking tax reform.

"These are consistent with tax reform, these move in the right direction," Ryan said. "We can walk and chew gum at the same time."

Still, Democrats did not accept Ryan's arguments before the measures were approved by the committee on party-line votes. They said making the breaks permanent would only make tax reform harder because it would take important, popular bargaining points off the table.

"Some of us really would like to have a tax reform compromise come out of here, and we hate to see pieces that could be sweeteners for somebody or other given away before you get to that final decision making," said Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.).

Republicans passed similar measures in the last Congress that would have added more than $800 billion to the deficit over 10 years. The bills did not advance in the Democratic-controlled Senate. But if the full House passes them again this year, they would stand a much better chance in this Senate now that it is under the control of the GOP.

Never mind that nearly all of these rules have been in place since 2001 and are not set to expire until 2021....

All Ryan is doing is making it permanent, instead of forcing Congress into extending them once every 5 years.....which they do.
By fonewear 2015-02-05 10:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You are in the wrong section of Huff Post... it's all women all the time.
By fonewear 2015-02-05 10:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-05 10:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You are in the wrong section of Huff Post... it's all women all the time.
Still laughable.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-05 10:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on this is hard hitting news here like:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chrystal-bougon/im-fat-and-ridiculously-happy_b_6467460.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

YouTube Video Placeholder

This is not the Twilight Zone there is something called a "fat coach"

I am fat and I am ridiculously happy. That may just be my personality. My career does involve coaching plus size women to seize the day and embrace their curves. I coach them to be fat and proud; to celebrate the pleasure their fat bodies are capable of -- so maybe that makes me happy. I do not have the proverbial "skinny girl" inside me just dying to escape. I think that is such sad and tired cliché. It's a boring stereotype that needs to die a quick death.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-02-05 10:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in case you thought PETA actually cared about animals:

PETA Euthanized A Lot Of Animals At Its Shelter In 2014, And No-Kill Advocates Are Not Happy About It

Quote:
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals killed most of the animals at its Norfolk, Virginia, shelter in 2014, according to preliminary figures filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

The group euthanized 2,454 of its 3,369 cats and dogs, the vast majority of which were "owner surrenders," meaning that they'd been relinquished to the group voluntarily.

These figures aren't shocking to PETA's long-time critics -- who have for years pointed out the discrepancy between how this prominent animal rights group is perceived, and what they actually do -- but they are leading to a renewed call from no-kill advocates to put the shelter out of business.

Here's how long-time PETA critic Nathan Winograd, a well-known shelter reform advocate, recently put it on his Facebook page:

Quote:
How much money did PETA take in last year from unsuspecting donors who helped pay for this mass carnage? $51,933,001: $50,449,023 in contributions, $627,336 in merchandise sales, and $856,642 in interest and dividends. They finished the year with $4,551,786 more in the bank than they started, after expenses. They did not see fit to use some of that to comprehensively promote animals for adoption or to provide veterinary care for the animals who needed it.

By contrast, the Lynchburg Humane Society, also in Virginia, took in about the same number of animals as PETA but saved 94% and without PETA’s millions. Seagoville Animal Services in Texas took in 1/3 of the numbers (about 700 animals) but only 1/20th of 1% of the amount of money that PETA did, saving 99% of them on a paltry $29,700 budget. In fact, hundreds of cities and towns across America are saving over 90% of the animals and doing so on a fraction of PETA’s wealth.
VDACS collects and publishes information about how many animals are taken in and what becomes of them, for every public and private shelter, humane society, pound and other sort of animal rescue group in the state.

Indeed, as can be seen in this chart, Virginia as a whole has far lower euthanasia rates. And while PETA says it must euthanize animals because it's an "open-admissions" shelter -- meaning that it will accept any animal brought to it -- other such Virginia shelters, like the Lynchburg Humane Society, present far differently:

It goes on....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-05 10:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How dare they euthanize the cats!

Screw the dogs and other animals, killing a cat deserves capital punishment!

Also, the article is misleading (well, Huff Post is always misleading to direct emotions towards whatever their agenda is). Huff Post states that all that money is being used only for euthanize animals, which is not the case, because that is not their purpose. But Huff Post reported all of their income for the year......
By Blazed1979 2015-02-09 11:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on this is hard hitting news here like:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chrystal-bougon/im-fat-and-ridiculously-happy_b_6467460.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

YouTube Video Placeholder

This is not the Twilight Zone there is something called a "fat coach"

I am fat and I am ridiculously happy. That may just be my personality. My career does involve coaching plus size women to seize the day and embrace their curves. I coach them to be fat and proud; to celebrate the pleasure their fat bodies are capable of -- so maybe that makes me happy. I do not have the proverbial "skinny girl" inside me just dying to escape. I think that is such sad and tired cliché. It's a boring stereotype that needs to die a quick death.

There's so many different types of fat though.
There's "fat and juicy" - a woman carrying extra pounds and has big proportions but is toned! I'll gladly pay this kind of woman money for her time! mmmmmm juicy!

edit: by paying money I mean for her to leave the next morning and not call me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-09 12:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You should watch last night's episode of the Simpsons. It was about Homer joining up with one these proud to be fat groups. I liked it.
By fonewear 2015-02-09 12:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
You should watch last night's episode of the Simpsons. It was about Homer joining up with one these proud to be fat groups. I liked it.

I didn't see it.

I've only watched seasons 1-15 or so.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-09 13:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

I didn't see it.

I've only watched seasons 1-15 or so.
Oh you've missed some good ones. Season 26 now, you're like 11 behind.

There was one where Homer was Glen Beck, with his gravy boat of freedom.

Ralph Wiggim for President.

Some more good ones.
By fonewear 2015-02-09 13:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I will probably buy then on DVD eventually.

I like to own the seasons so I can watch them whenever.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-09 13:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to what we really care about Valentine's Day horror stories:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/09/valentines-disasters_n_6624066.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women
By fonewear 2015-02-09 13:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm already a writer for Huff Post they just won't give me credit. I make a lot of grammatical errors. I'm emotional and I write about feminism on a video game forum !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 56 57 58