Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 56 57 58
By fonewear 2014-08-15 07:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Found this on Huff Post: (all men are pigs)

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-15 08:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Found this on Huff Post: (all men are pigs)

Only watched about a min, but I'm gonna guess they don't even mention rap music.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-15 08:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The one woman is a beauty queen and is surprised she is objectified by men.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-08-25 08:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT, EVERYBODY! It's Go Topless Day (WARNING: Graphic)

Quote:
Women all around the world will be getting something off their chest on Sunday: Mainly their tops.

Aug. 24 marks Go Topless Day, a 24-hour period where women (and men) are encouraged to bare their upper bodies in order to protest hypocritical laws that force women to cover their breasts while allowing men to walk around with no shirts.

This year marks the seventh anniversary of the pro-breast protest, organized by a group of UFO believers called the Raelians.

Members believe that humans were created by advanced extraterrestrial scientists known as the "Elohim," and that not allowing women to go topless is an insult to the aliens' artistry....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-25 09:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Quote:
Women all around the world will be getting something off their chest on Sunday: Mainly their tops.

Aug. 24 marks Go Topless Day, a 24-hour period where women (and men) are encouraged to bare their upper bodies in order to protest hypocritical laws that force women to cover their breasts while allowing men to walk around with no shirts.

This year marks the seventh anniversary of the pro-breast protest, organized by a group of UFO believers called the Raelians.

Members believe that humans were created by advanced extraterrestrial scientists known as the "Elohim," and that not allowing women to go topless is an insult to the aliens' artistry....
/sigh
By fonewear 2014-08-25 09:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Such strong independent boobies.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-25 09:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Aliens.jpg

Here's their 'holy' book btw:

By fonewear 2014-08-27 09:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Deal with it !

I'm also a body image and fat positive activist, which basically means that I don't believe there is anything inherently wrong or bad about being fat. In fact, I love being fat.

Since I enjoy wearing a lot of clothing that reveals my skin and shows off my body, like crop tops, short skirts and shorts, bikinis, leggings and tight dresses, I have to deal with a lot of backlash. Because god forbid a fat woman likes the way she looks and lets the world know it.

Because fat girls aren't supposed to take pleasure in our bodies or even consider showing other people what they look like, there is a lot of sh*t that can hit the fan. Mostly caused by other people not knowing how to handle someone as sexy as me owning it.

The good news is that the fat positive movement is starting to take off and people are starting to notice. The #fatkini hashtag has gone viral on Twitter, plus sizes are starting to be sold in the stores of hip and trendy retailers like Forever 21 and H&M, and fat is starting to lose some of it's stigma as a bad word. We're making progress.

Despite this, though, some people really need to get an education in how to treat fat girls who like to show off our curves some respect. Because I've received way too many dirty looks from strangers on the street this summer while sporting my crop tops and booty shorts.

Here are five things you need to know about interacting with fat fatshionistas:

1. You Need to Get Over It.

Seriously, take a seat. Actually, take several.

If you're offended by me showing my stomach or the way my thighs jiggle, you need to f*ck off. My body is my own and no one has the right to tell me what to do with it. Period.

Boohoo, you have to look at a fat woman's body.

You do realize that we live in a world filled with violence and oppression, right? Start getting angry about that and leave my fatness out of it.

2. Don't Stare. I'm a Person, Not Eye Candy.

The most common reaction I get from others when I wear revealing clothing are stares. Some people will sort of roll their eyes or look disgusted; others will just stare as if I'm some kind of art exhibit at a museum. Either way, there are a lot of stares.

Look, I understand that I'm challenging your views on fat womanhood and forcing you to question your beliefs and attitudes, but keep this contemplation to yourself. Yes, I do notice when you're looking. Yes, it does make me feel uncomfortable.

I'm not some sort of object to be admired; I'm a human being first and foremost. Respect my right to choose to be fabulous and move it along.

3. Keep (Most, But Especially Negative) Comments To Yourself

You might have the urge to shame me for daring to own my sexiness as a fat girl, or you may even want to compliment me for my taste. But either way, I really don't want to hear about it.

I'm just trying to get a latte at Starbucks, get to class or finish writing an article; I really don't want to engage in conversation about my identity.

Sure, positive comments can be cool, flattering even, but I notice a lot of these comments are objectifying. If you have something nice to say, find an even nicer way to say it. If you're about to tell me I have nice ***, don't. Just tell me I look nice today.

I can appreciate a good compliment, but I also don't want to hear comments about my body. Stick to my outfit; as a fatshionista, that's what I care about the most, anyway.

4. Never, EVER, Fat Shame Me

My mom has this thing she likes to do when I decide to show skin; tell me I don't look "appropriate." It's funny how everywhere I go in the summertime, I see girls wearing short-shorts, but the second I show some upper thigh, suddenly, I don't look "appropriate."

What exactly is appropriate and who invented this stupidity?

Part of being an adult means choosing my own attire. The law only requires that I cover my nipples (don't even get me started about that) and my genitalia; everything else is fair game. So since I haven't started practicing public nudity yet, I'm good.

These comments she makes stay with me and because I'm a fat girl with an eating disorder, trigger me. That's why it's even more important to me than anything that people be respectful, because if they aren't it can send me into a spiral.

If you think I'm gross or need to cover up, refer to number 1 and 3 on this list.

5. Let Me Know I'm Doing Some Good

Some days, I need encouragement, like anyone else. So seeing people like my Instagram photos of my bare belly or telling me I look beautiful in a YouTube comment makes me feel good.

More importantly, it encourages me to keep pushing boundaries.

So if you think what I'm doing is awesome, or if you even like an outfit I'm wearing, tell me. You don't have to give me a full-out compliment, but even just favoriting a picture or tweet, or sharing this article is enough.

In fact, it's the best thing you can do.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erin-mckelle/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-interacting-with-me-a-fat-girl-who-wears-revealing-clothes_b_5686713.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-27 09:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I read this correctly: Fat activism is the new lazy way of being an activist.
[+]
 Shiva.Devastation
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2014-08-27 09:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems more for attention , so she just picked something she would Fit in to......points 3/5. She pushes boundaries alright.
By fonewear 2014-08-27 09:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A woman wanting attention ? No way! She is being a role model for all the Twinkie queens out there.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-27 09:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Deal with it !

I'm also a body image and fat positive activist, which basically means that I don't believe there is anything inherently wrong or bad about being fat. In fact, I love being fat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erin-mckelle/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-interacting-with-me-a-fat-girl-who-wears-revealing-clothes_b_5686713.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

I submit my counter-argument good sir.

Took out the image for gratuitous profanity, linked instead (is that allowed?)
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-27 09:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm okay with the "body positive" concept as I'm of the opinion that you've got to accept the body you've got before you can do anything about it. Beauty is, in fact, not just a clothing size.

I also agree with the idea that people need to examine their own shortcomings before being insulting or degrading toward overweight people. I know plenty of overweight people who are healthier than many skinny folks because they actually exercise and watch what they eat while trying to lose weight...

...meanwhile the skinny people are smoking a pack a day and just writing their ticket to lung cancer and COPD.

But I stop short of "fat positive" movement. I can be turned on by women of many sizes (though certainly not all). I can also be thoroughly repulsed by women of all sizes.

However, being morbidly obese is unhealthy. Bottom line. I say that as someone who is overweight himself. And I struggle and work to lose that weight. But while I love that my wife accepts me and is attracted to me as I am now, that doesn't mean she doesn't want me to get healthier.

Keeping a positive image of self is necessary for good psychological well being.

But promoting unhealthy activity (or inacativity, as it were) is ultimately just as self-destructive as any other negative thing you can do.

That said shaming anyone for their weight or any other aspect of their appearance is also reprehensible.

So. Both sides of the coin, really.
[+]
 Shiva.Devastation
By Shiva.Devastation 2014-08-27 09:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

She can be a model by all means, but my issue is the fishing for additional approval. I'm a big buy and I don't mind big girl but fat, skinny, yellow or purple person should just be fine with what they have. Like my post because it's pointless, like my post to show I'm here, share my picture to have everyone stare. Share my post so i can find my Twinkie Queen.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-27 09:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I read this correctly: Fat activism is the new lazy way of being an activist.
Beats exercise.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-27 10:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Twinkie Queens are hard to come by. I recommend hanging out at 7/11 between the hours of 2 and 3 am only on Saturday.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-27 10:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Beats exercise.

I think it's a well-intended to some degree, but it also tends to turn some people into complete *** who just degrade others in different ways, sort of missing the entire point.

Yes, no one should treat you poorly because of your weight. But you should not, in turn, treat other people poorly in turn for that or any other issue.

And no one likes it when you're a ***. Ever.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-27 10:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we should skinny shame. I'm tired of trying to live up to this size zero ideal weight !

I have big bones I can't help it !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-27 10:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Devastation
By Shiva.Devastation 2014-08-27 10:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we should skinny shame. I'm tired of trying to live up to this size zero ideal weight !

I have big bones I can't help it !

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-09-03 13:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Soviet Dog Spacesuit Up For Auction

Just what every dog needs!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-09-05 10:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Free Marijuana For Low-Income Residents Under New Berkeley Law

Quote:
A California city is offering a unique benefit for low-income residents: free marijuana.

Starting next summer, Berkeley residents who earn less than $32,000 per year (or $46,000 per family) and have a prescription for medical marijuana will be able to get it for free from one of the dispensaries operating within the city.

Under a law passed unanimously by the city council, dispensaries must set aside 2 percent of their pot for distribution to the poor.

Not everyone is on board with the plan....
They don't call it Berserkly for nothing.
By fonewear 2014-09-05 10:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically stereotypes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wait-but-why/30-year-old-single-guys_b_5760034.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-05 11:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Most irritating is people get paid (a lot) to write drivel like that.

I wonder what would happen if I submitted a freelance article to Huffington Post "Ten types of Black Guys."

Do you think that ***would fly?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-09-05 11:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually the Huffpo mostly relies on unpaid bloggers.

It was an off and on joke in Dooensbury for a couple of years.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-05 11:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought blogs were passe ?

If I wrote an article on the ten types of women that are single at 30 I'm sure the feminists would hate it.

http://www.lightlybraisedturnip.com/10-types-single-women-over-30/
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-09-10 19:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

GOP Legislator Says He'd 'Prefer More Educated Voters' Over Black Early Voters

Selected quotes, but do read the whole piece:

Quote:
A Republican state senator complained on Tuesday about a predominantly black Georgia county's move to make early voting available at a mall on a Sunday before November's general election, saying he'd rather have "more educated voters than a greater increase in the number of voters."....

Georgia state Sen. Fran Millar went on a Facebook tirade:

Quote:
Now we are to have Sunday voting at South DeKalb Mall just prior to the election. Per Jim Galloway of the AJC, this location is dominated by African American shoppers and it is near several large African American mega churches such as New Birth Missionary Baptist. Galloway also points out the Democratic Party thinks this is a wonderful idea - what a surprise. I'm sure Michelle Nunn and Jason Carter are delighted with this blatantly partisan move in DeKalb. Is it possible church buses will be used to transport people directly to the mall since the poll will open when the mall opens? If this happens, so much for the accepted principle of separation of church and state.
In a rather blatant admission that he didn't want more black people voting, Millar wrote that he was "investigating if there is any way to stop this action."

Responding to criticism, Millar insisted that his comments weren't related to race but rather to partisanship, saying that the early voting location was "a partisan stunt" and "an effort to maximize Democratic votes pure and simple."

He then told the AJC that when he wrote "educated" he "defined educated as being informed on the issues."....

Georgia Democratic Party Chairman Dubose Porter told the AJC that Miller's comments hinted at a desire to return to the era when states subjected black voters to poll taxes and literacy tests.

"What have Georgia Republicans come to when they are outwardly admitting to suppressing the African-American vote?" Porter said. "Further, his comments about 'educated voters' are reprehensible. I suppose Fran would prefer a return to literacy tests or the poll tax while he's at it."....
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 07:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A Republican state senator complained on Tuesday about a predominantly black Georgia county's move to make early voting available at a mall on a Sunday before November's general election, saying he'd rather have "more educated voters than a greater increase in the number of voters."....

Quote:
Now we are to have Sunday voting at South DeKalb Mall just prior to the election. Per Jim Galloway of the AJC, this location is dominated by African American shoppers and it is near several large African American mega churches such as New Birth Missionary Baptist. Galloway also points out the Democratic Party thinks this is a wonderful idea - what a surprise. I'm sure Michelle Nunn and Jason Carter are delighted with this blatantly partisan move in DeKalb. Is it possible church buses will be used to transport people directly to the mall since the poll will open when the mall opens? If this happens, so much for the accepted principle of separation of church and state.
In a rather blatant admission that he didn't want more black people voting, Millar wrote that he was "investigating if there is any way to stop this action."

Responding to criticism, Millar insisted that his comments weren't related to race but rather to partisanship, saying that the early voting location was "a partisan stunt" and "an effort to maximize Democratic votes pure and simple."

He then told the AJC that when he wrote "educated" he "defined educated as being informed on the issues."....

Georgia Democratic Party Chairman Dubose Porter told the AJC that Miller's comments hinted at a desire to return to the era when states subjected black voters to poll taxes and literacy tests.

"What have Georgia Republicans come to when they are outwardly admitting to suppressing the African-American vote?" Porter said. "Further, his comments about 'educated voters' are reprehensible. I suppose Fran would prefer a return to literacy tests or the poll tax while he's at it."....
Gotta love how they blatantly twist his words to fit an agenda.

More educated voters = being informed on the issues = racist!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-11 07:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Quote:

Quote:

Gotta love how they blatantly twist his words to fit an agenda.

More educated voters = being informed on the issues = racist!
And people wonder why Republicans are automatically labeled racists now....
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-09-11 11:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx. in the old Jim Crow days they used to use "literacy tests" in the south to keep blacks from voting. That statement "more educated voters than a greater increase in the number of voters" reeks of the old literacy tests.

King, you do not have to read between state Sen. Fran Millar's words to think him a racist. He almost blatantly shouts it from the rooftops. Or at least on Facebook.

Personally I think its more about blacks voting Democratic than the problem of voting while black. But there are many reasons why blacks vastly tend to vote Democratic, most of those reasons being Republicans.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 56 57 58