Donald Sterling Banned From NBA Games For Life

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Donald Sterling banned from NBA Games for life
Donald Sterling banned from NBA Games for life
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-08 22:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So that refutes my statement how?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-08 22:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-08 22:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Groovy.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-05-09 01:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Because he admitted that he was a racist and for all we know he still is.

Not that I really care, I just hate the double standards people (like you) have with racism.
Do you no understand what past tense is?
Quote:
“So I threw a soda at her,” he says. “I was really rebelling. I considered myself a racist at the time. Basically, I was against all white people.”
Fox news left this part out of the article they quoted from
Quote:
He says his mother convinced him he could not go through life consumed by racial hatred.

I personally don't have any beef with Jordan, as I too believe people can change. However, "past tense" stances have gotten people in trouble on many occasions. There is a double standard, but the particular case KN picked wasn't the best example.

I don't remember a person getting in trouble for explaining a past experience they learned from, but maybe someone can give me an example.

As to the Paula Deen thing I thought that seemed rather petty but I never really followed it. I looked up just now and read the court transcript that started it all. Probably the stupidest testimony I've read in awhile.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2013/06/entertainment/deen-deposition/index.html
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-05-12 13:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/11/us/donald-sterling-interview/

"I was Baited"
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-12 20:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"I don't know. An 80-year-old man is kind of foolish, and I'm kind of foolish. I thought she liked me and really cared for me," he said. "I guess being 51 years older than her, I was deluding myself. ... I just wish I could ask her why, and if she was just setting me up."

There was another article where, I think it was his current wife, blamed it on his dementia or something like that.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-01 05:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

And now the plot thickens. Who says that irony is dead?

Quote:
V. Stiviano, the woman at the center of the scandal surrounding L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling — who was banned from the NBA after he was caught on tape making racist comments to Stiviano — has now herself been captured making derogatory comments about black people, TMZ reports.

On the video, posted to TMZ, Stiviano comments,”I don't understand black people. You give them a little bit of money, they don't know what to do with it.”

She goes on to opine that black people “just act crazy … they're like, ‘Yo, I wanna put extra rims on top of my rims. And my rims are gonna turn around. I'm gonna call them spinners.'”

Sterling's head is probably spinning a bit right now.

According to TMZ, the footage is from 2011, when Stiviano was filming a reality show pilot about gold diggers.
Source
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-01 06:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't come off as derogatory to me, but then again I'm whitey.

If I had to contextualize it for myself, I can't say I'd be pissed if some girl said "White boy be crazy, he's like 'Splendid, splendid, this new GTX770 only set me back $500 and now I can game at 240FPS!, I'll call it 1337!'"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-01 06:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It puts their relationship in a better context. They were 'racist' together. Yet the rich white guy takes all the public heat since his comment was taken out of context. Now we know he said what he said because he was trying to impress or go along with his gold digging girlfriend at the time. Double standards and all that.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-01 06:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy! I can't wait for another TMZ revelation to dominate the news cycle.

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-01 06:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
It puts their relationship in a better context. They were 'racist' together. Yet the rich white guy takes all the public heat since his comment was taken out of context. Now we know he said what he said because he was trying to impress or go along with his gold digging girlfriend at the time. Double standards and all that.

Is there anything that needed to be said that wasn't said by the age gap and the dead-inside-thousand-yard-stare of that dumb ***? What more can you frame?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-06-01 07:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Is there anything that needed to be said that wasn't said by the age gap and the dead-inside-thousand-yard-stare of that dumb ***? What more can you frame?

I would like to meet this dead inside ***...she might be just my type.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-05 16:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I think this is the best and most accurate reporting in the history of media:

Donald Sterling agrees to sell the LA Clippers and will dismiss the lawsuit against the NBA

quote, in it's entirety said:
LOS ANGELES (AP) Attorney: Donald Sterling agrees to sell Clippers; will dismiss lawsuit against NBA.

Top notch reporting there guys! If there were more articles and stories like this, why, it may give the media a better name! It really shows your devotion to reporting.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-06-05 16:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I think this is the best and most accurate reporting in the history of media:

Donald Sterling agrees to sell the LA Clippers and will dismiss the lawsuit against the NBA

LOS ANGELES (AP) Attorney: Donald Sterling agrees to sell Clippers; will dismiss lawsuit against NBA.

Top notch reporting there guys! If there were more articles and stories like this, why, it may give the media a better name! It really shows your devotion to reporting.
I didn't think that really would be all it said. lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-05 16:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't you heard? Articles that have more text in the title than in the actual article are the new big thing. On an unrelated note, I've just applied for a job as a writer for Fox Sports. Apparently experience is not a requirement.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 16:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The next John Madden?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-06-05 16:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that article was really written by Gregg Popvitch.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-05 16:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

John Madden was a broadcaster.

These guys are just too lazy to write a complete sentence.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-05 16:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Title of your link has more words, lol.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-05 16:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
HEY!!!

Them's fighting words!

One more, for boygirl:

Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-06-05 17:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
HEY!!!

Them's fighting words!

One more, for boygirl:

The Thunder are out now, I'm pulling for the Spurs from here on out.

P.S. They call me 'Girlboy' lrn 2 nickname.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-05 17:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Catsquirrel!
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 17:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Squarebob Spongepants.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-28 20:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Judge rules against Donald Sterling

Key part is the sale will be allowed to proceed regardless of appeal status. So, its pretty much over, not that he will give it up or anything.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12