Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
 Shiva.Rucks
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Seravolk
By Shiva.Rucks 2014-04-23 19:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I just recently found that to my dismay, after the last season of No Reservations, Mr. Bourdain had a new show on CNN called "Parts Unknown".

I personally was a bit saddened when they canceled No Reservations, and felt like letting anyone who liked his other show know, that this new show is basically the same show, with a new name.

(Yes, I know I'm like a year behind on this being a "new" show, but seeing as I'm not the only one that doesn't keep up with cable T.V. I thought I'd share it.)
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-23 20:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty much the same thing for sure. I don't really watch that much T.V. But Bourdain has always been one of my eclectic favorites.

He's getting a bit old though, I'm wondering if there's another up-and-coming Cultural Adventurer/Writer out there ready to take up the mantle.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-23 21:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved Bourdain on No Reservations, I've only seen a few eps of Parts Unknown but I was happy to see it was pretty much the same. I wonder if Samir will make appearances.

One thing I loved about Anthony is that he seemed relatable and down to earth.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-23 21:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see this topic I'm a big Bourdain fan. I've watched most of his episodes. The CNN show is ok so far.
Server: Behemoth
By Xeno Gelion 2014-04-23 21:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seasons 1 and 2 are on netflix
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2014-04-24 00:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Andrew Zimmern > Anthony Bourdain

I'll definitely say AB's shows are good, I truely like the shows, but he comes off as a pompous @$$ to me at times. Zimmern is a bit more funny, and the foods he eats are a lot more exciting.
Server: Hyperion
user: mikuu
By Hatsune Miku 2014-04-24 00:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just watching this yesterday actually lol. Surprised it came up in a thread.