Victory Smite Build Help.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Victory Smite Build Help.
Victory Smite Build Help.
By Elvyn87 2014-04-17 13:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on my VS build and was wondering if anyone had any points of improvement for me.

VS
ItemSet 322531

All the Mani-Gear Follows the ATK->ACC->STR path.

Tank
ItemSet 317064
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2014-04-17 14:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Epona's Ring would be my first change, followed by Rancor Collar. Reforged AF/relic and Wanion Belt would also be worth looking into.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
Server: Phoenix
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-04-18 11:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you fighting and why are you not using Pummel? I have some sets
For pummel in sure would work great with VS as well. I'll have to see how to show my sets.
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-04-18 12:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think VS would work best in delve II, mithra normal, any AA difficult+, where ACC in a normal Pummel set would be bad enough where a less hit weaponskill would be ideal. I haven't made a VS set yet since I'm still sitting 10 dragua scales away (been too lazy), but I'll make a set when I get it and put it here.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-04-18 12:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

VS can be good to use for skillchaining purposes.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-04-19 12:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have to agree with both these. VS is deff better for making that light. Using VS in both AA and Delve VS Probably will hold a better average. But at the same time AA difficult on mithra with the newer gear, bard buffs, sushi I'm well over 1000 acc. I'd like to see some activity in these threads. So I too will try and get my sets listed.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-04-21 10:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Did AA MR with PLD/RUN, PUP, PUP, COR, ghorn BRD,and WHM. Using sushi acc seemed little of an issue. (And acc songs)

Pup TP
ItemSet 322508
(Legs and Body not +1 at the time this fight)

Pup VS
ItemSet 322661

TP set is not a wish list, actual set I was using. Changes I'd like to make would be mars ring, the new battlecasters feet. For victory smite Qaaxo feet are amazing path C and I been looking into Qaaxo hands.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-04-23 03:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mudrunner said: »
Did AA MR with PLD/RUN, PUP, PUP, COR, ghorn BRD,and WHM. Using sushi acc seemed little of an issue. (And acc songs)

I was the other PUP and I gotta say it was pretty great doing Mithra (difficult) with PUP only DDs. I was parsing our run and Mudrunner ended up with something like low 80s% accuracy. Obviously not capped, but it's the crazy evasive Mithra so that's pretty impressive.

He was a good 20% better acc than me, so it kicked me into gear to catch up and work on my PUP set that I've been slacking on a bit the last couple months. In the past couple days I got:
- R15 Tinhaspa (was using Oats)
- Ej Necklace (was using Cirque)
- Beeline Ring that I never really cared about before, may swap it instead of Rajas on some of this heavy acc required stuff (no Mars for me atm, I'm looking for one though!)

One more Delve and I'll also have the plasm for Qaaxo body and suck it up and upgrade it to R15 on Acc path. Pitre+1 is great for this too, but for me I'll get more use of Qaaxo overall since my jobs are 9/9 the Qaaxo jobs. That and it's gonna be faster for me to get than collecting Rem's Ch.7 (at 0 now and there are a couple other bodies I also want)

So my revamped Acc set (still a bit of a work in progress) will be:
ItemSet 317191
(H2H, Qaaxo, and Mani are R15 Acc path. Otronif Gloves have Acc+7 augment)
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-04-23 12:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been using this ACC set for Delve V2 and for AA on difficult (Mithra on normal) for pup, and if I recall my acc parse % was near 95% on mithra normal, and near cap (96.4%) on Delve v2 nms.

ItemSet 322767

/checkparam puts this set at 963 acc pre sushi, and my qaaxo feet are still only R10/15. Also to note, I use manibozho body instead of qaaxo because qaaxo body is set to att/eva/dbl+2 for my normal tp and eva sets. While spitting out mars's and beeline instead of epona's is probably overboard, I still like to make sure I hit, and enmity is always an issue.

Going alongside enmity issues, PUP is an amazing job for AA because of ventriloquy. ~~ always use whm frame for AA since even with divinator, full racc puppet gear, overdrive, the puppets ranged accuracy is still ***. I tested it out once when I died, and it was no where near worth using. (mithra normal).

[edit] qaaxo and tinhaspa are acc path, manibozho path A of course.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-04-23 14:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Any options you are looking to change in these set? I know in that AA fight I was trying to work through my macro and wasn't always in the right gear. Depending on path I think Daihanshi Habaki are going to be better then Qaaxo for acc. And battlecaster even better then that. Unless Qaaxo get more then then 20+ acc that Pitre Tobe +1 gets I think it's best for acc. My Qaaxo is atk/DA path as I'm tring for mdt/pdt on otronif body. I'll have to look into Qaaxo hands. And I tossed my manibohzo legs on and I thought /checkparm said Pitre legs had more acc.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-04-23 14:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel said: »
Going alongside enmity issues, PUP is an amazing job for AA because of ventriloquy. ~~ always use whm frame for AA since even with divinator, full racc puppet gear, overdrive, the puppets ranged accuracy is still ***. I tested it out once when I died, and it was no where near worth using. (mithra normal).

Yeah, no songs/rolls/food for puppet really hurts, even with Divinator. WHM frame is really nice anyway because it generates very little hate of its own, practically insta-cures status effects, and doesn't let haste drop.

Worth noting that the gap between AAMR normal and difficult is really big. A decently geared PUP is great on normal, you really need very good gear to be helpful on difficult (note that for all the other AAs, it's a lot easier to manage on difficult with PUP - MR is definitely the exception).

We're getting major off topic here, but fun conversation anyway :)
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-04-23 17:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel said: »

Yeah, no songs/rolls/food for puppet really hurts, even with Divinator. WHM frame is really nice anyway because it generates very little hate of its own, practically insta-cures status effects, and doesn't let haste drop.

Worth noting that the gap between AAMR normal and difficult is really big. A decently geared PUP is great on normal, you really need very good gear to be helpful on difficult (note that for all the other AAs, it's a lot easier to manage on difficult with PUP - MR is definitely the exception).

We're getting major off topic here, but fun conversation anyway :)

Was doing 2k smites on MR difficult. Ok. We are back on topic now.
[+]