Hatsune Miku To Open For Lady Gaga

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Hatsune Miku To Open For Lady Gaga
Hatsune Miku To Open For Lady Gaga
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-04-17 08:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The world’s foremost virtual idol Hatsune Miku will grace Lady Gaga’s upcoming concert tour as the opening act, with Lady Gaga herself apparently quite taken with the holographic princess.

Gaga’s “artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball” tour is due to start in May, and with a variety of eccentric and artistic formats likely to be in play, it seems quite likely Miku will appear in one of her signature “holographic” formats – although just which of Miku’s technical helpers will be behind her appearance is not clear.

I would link the source but its Sankaku Complex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jhl5afLEKdo
By wormfeeder 2014-04-17 08:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lady GaGa who!!!!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-17 08:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would go to see Hatsune Miku, and then leave when Gaga comes on.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-17 09:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Lady Gaga is on her 14th minute of her `15 minutes of fame.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-17 09:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I think Lady Gaga is on her 14th minute of her `15 minutes of fame.
god I hope so.
[+]
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-04-17 09:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/17/computer-generated-japanese-pop-star-hatsune-miku-to-join-lady-gaga-tour/

here ya go.

I wonder how much tickets will be... I'll be doing the same as what kingnobody said, leave after miku lol

Edit:
$50-80 for the cheap backrow seats...
 Sylph.Michizane
Server: Sylph
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2014-04-17 10:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

When i saw this story on FB my reactions was "Hatsune Miku in USA! COOL!" but when I saw the part about Lady Gaga the only words out of my mouth were "*** that..." Seriously Lady Gaga needs to die or something...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-17 10:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalyna Maimhov said: »
Or wait a month and watch it on Youtube, where it will be much cheaper (free) and have a better viewpoint.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-17 10:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing Lady Gaga, she'll do a performance with Hatsune Miku, and they'll both be wearing meat dresses.
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-04-17 10:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Or wait a month and watch it on Youtube, where it will be much cheaper (free) and have a better viewpoint.
It's all on the must-see-in-person type things.

Yeah, you can see it on youtube, but seeing things in person may look a lot different.

Unless they release it on 3D blu-ray then I'd rather buy that and watch it in 3d at home than go to downtown detroit (note: it's not a bad place, just so many people go there) and try finding a god damn parking spot.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
user: Dawnn
By Dawn Charis 2014-04-17 10:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-17 10:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-17 10:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

When people are talking about what you wear and not what you sing... you might want to find a new profession.
[+]
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-04-17 10:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what's up with all the hate for Lady Gaga. Her music isn't my cup of tea, but I can respect her for what she does.

I think it's neat that Lady Gaga likes Miku but I really think that the fans who like Gaga and the fans that like Miku don't overlap at all.

I really wish they could bring Miku to something like Magfest or another big convention because those are the type of people who would enjoy it.

I would like to see Miku in person but it's not worth the hassle of going to a Lady Gaga concert and paying that much money just for the opening act.

Yes, lets not leave our house for anything!

Brand new movie came out? Don't go to the movie theater it will be free on TV eventually!

Want to see your favorite sports team live? Don't bother TV is better and you don't have to move!

Favorite band coming to town? Just download their MP3s it's way better!

Fourth of July Fireworks? Why go out at night when there are thousands of youtube videos!

There has been a Miku video up on youtube for months now from a live concert but it just makes me want to see it in person more.

You can't compare the feeling of actually being somewhere in person to a video of something. Even if you're not as close or the view isn't as good as a video, there is still merits you will never get from a video.

I would really like to go personally, and if I had that much free cash I would spend it on going.
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-04-17 10:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siral said: »
Not sure what's up with all the hate for Lady Gaga. Her music isn't my cup of tea, but I can respect her for what she does.
Sure, she's a singer and that's fine. But when you wear crazy *** just to grab attention, you start losing respect.
Quote:
I think it's neat that Lady Gaga likes Miku but I really think that the fans who like Gaga and the fans that like Miku don't overlap at all.
She's a weeaboo. That's why it's Miku.

There's one problem that I'm concerned with. I'm not sure if they'll have her speak English or Japanese and have subtitles somewhere.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-17 10:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if they'll have her speak English or Japanese and have subtitles somewhere.
If they dub Miku, then that would just ruin the whole experience...
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-04-17 10:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only familiar with the basics of what Miku/vocaloids are, but isn't she basically just a fancy text-to-speech program so she can technically speak any language?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-17 11:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
I'm only familiar with the basics of what Miku/vocaloids are, but isn't she basically just a fancy text-to-speech program so she can technically speak any language?

kind of, It's a bit like a text to speech program mixed with an autotune program, so people can make songs out of it without the need of finding a decent vocalist to sing their demo. It's gotten really sophisticated over the years where the vocals sounds more and more real.

Think the attraction of this is it gives a good platform for amateur composers to be creative. There's some really cool songs in the vocaloid repertoire (also some really mad songs that you can't possibly sing as a human lol). Also the graphics side, people make MVs and stuff for these. then there's also a community of people singing these songs. It's a massive culture in japan.

I'm not sure if they'll have her speak English or Japanese and have subtitles somewhere.
If they dub Miku, then that would just ruin the whole experience...

Pretty sure miku has an english voice bank already and there are english vocaloid songs
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-04-17 11:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Vocaloid is the program

Miku is a certain voice from the program in the Japanese version (may be one in the English version but I haven't look at it so can't say for sure).

Basically, it's like this:
Vocaloid is something like a band name
Miku is a band member that's most noted from the Japanese version
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2014-04-17 11:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Nuff Said...

edit: youtube not working so heres the Links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKtkVZuMOTk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGarzCAQcAY
[+]
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-04-17 12:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you take out the s from https, the links should work on here.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2014-04-17 12:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Scarmiglione said: »
If you take out the s from https, the links should work on here.

Just tried, didn't work :(
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-04-17 12:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Works for me.
[+]
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2014-04-17 12:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Scarmiglione said: »

Works for me.
Ah i know what it is now. It has an S after the http.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-04-17 12:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for clarifying. I was a bit confused about the idea of "dubbing" a character that technically speaks every language since the character speaks using syllables or whatever rather than actual words. I guess that would sort-of be necessary if you didn't teach the program how to make exclusively English sounds, but even if they didn't I imagine it wouldn't be hard to work around that using just Japanese sounds.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-17 12:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right it's based on syllables or w/e you'd like to call it and it's possible to just use japanese sounds but it's not quite enough or you'd sound like you're talking/singing in katana. There are sounds in english. For example, there is no dipthongs in japanese, and there are no sound such as "th" (they substitute th with s sound. and as you can imagine it would start to sound very weird without extra voice banks)

But as I said i'm pretty sure miku has an english voicebank

though due to the english pronunication being more complicated than japanese.. it can sound a bit weird :

Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-04-17 18:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
When people are talking about what you wear and not what you sing... you might want to find a new profession.
Fashion designer.

She is FANTASTIC costume design dept.

Musically? Meh.

And you can probably watch Miku's performance right now on Utube.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-04-17 18:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Vocaloid is the program

Yes but....

Its also the noun for the animated performers themselves.

As in Miku is a vocaloid.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-04-17 19:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's just me but I've always found her voice really annoying, that auto-tune type thing just makes my ears bleed. The holograph thing is pretty cool though
[+]