Rogue In Days Of Future Past!!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Rogue in Days of Future Past!!!
Rogue in Days of Future Past!!!
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-16 11:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Paquin Will Be In "X-Men: Days Of Future Past" After All

Quote:
Breathe easy, X-Men fans: You will get to see Anna Paquin in X-Men: Days of Future Past after all.
In December, director Bryan Singer told Entertainment Weekly that the True Blood star “won’t appear” in the superhero sequel after the only action sequence involving her character Rogue had to be cut from the film. Singer explained that in the editing process, he discovered the sequence was “extraneous” to the story. “Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in,” Singer said. “Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it.”
That sequence may not have survived, but it turns out, Rogue has. After noticing Paquin’s name was conspicuously present in the credits following the newest trailer for the film released late Tuesday, a rep for 20th Century Fox has confirmed to BuzzFeed that Paquin is back in the film. “Essentially, [it’s] a cameo,” the rep said.
With a storyline that jumps from the near future to 1970s America, X-Men: Days of Future Past is the most ambitious movie in the 14-year-old, now seven-film franchise, incorporating actors from the original film trilogy like Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, and Halle Berry, as well as Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, and Jennifer Lawrence from the 2011 prequel X-Men: First Class. With so many characters to service in a feature-length running time, it is understandable that Singer and screenwriter Simon Kinberg (X-Men: The Last Stand) would have difficulty working every single X-Men character into the film. In Paquin’s case, apparently, they were ultimately able to conjure the screen time.

Even though it's a cameo. Do you think Singer will try to fix the Rogue/Ms.Marvel issue?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-16 11:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think it's strange that Bishop is nowhere to be seen. Unless I missed him on the previews.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-16 11:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I still think it's strange that Bishop is nowhere to be seen. Unless I missed him on the previews.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-16 11:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so worried about this movie, it has way too many moving parts.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-04-16 11:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Even though it's a cameo. Do you think Singer will try to fix the Rogue/Ms.Marvel issue?

maybe in some other odd way but really doubt they would have Ms Marvel appear in the film, since she is most likely to either have her own film, or appear in a future Avengers movie, and we know Marvel does not want to mix the X-men series with the Avengers series (thor/ironman/captain america/ect)

concept of the movie is interesting, but so many things can go wrong with this film :/
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-16 11:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

maybe in some other odd way but really doubt they would have Ms Marvel appear in the film, since she is most likely to either have her own film, or appear in a future Avengers movie, and we know Marvel does not want to mix the X-men series with the Avengers series (thor/ironman/captain america/ect)

concept of the movie is interesting, but so many things can go wrong with this film :/

AoA is the next movie, that is a bigger ***awaiting to hit the fan! Singer should at least attempt to fix some problems with the story arc before AoA.

Well she is a central character in AoA. So she needs to get her powers from Ms. Marvel or Polaris, unless he's going to try to equate Polaris= Magneto for AoA.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2014-04-16 11:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

...and we know Marvel does not want to mix the X-men series with the Avengers series (thor/ironman/captain america/ect)

It's not that they don't want too... it's that they can't.
Marvel/Disney owns it all except X-men, Fantastic Four, and Spidey.
X-men/FF are owned by Fox I believe?
and Spidey by Sony.

And those guys aren't giving up the rights anytime soon, not with how comic movies are making money hand-over-fist.

So many thing already have. I will apologize, I'm a bit of a comics "purest"...and to do Days of Future Past (which was a mini-series in the 80's) and mixing it with soooo many characters from the 90's and 2000's that weren't even around and/or created yet, and using them in place of characters that WERE in that mini-series... just makes me want to vomit.

Every time I see the trailer and see Blink, or Bishop...I want to punch my monitor.

I don't mind "new takes" on "old favorites", but when you have an already establish and extremely popular and well-known story, and then just do ***-all-you-want with it... that just sucks on so many levels.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-04-16 12:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-16 12:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's cool, I wanted to see her in it.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-16 12:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Your text to link here...
Bishop fires a rifle near the end at 2:00. I think the most important character Marvel introduces in this movie is Quicksilver. I think the problem with a lot of movies is there are too many characters leading to a lack of character development.

I'm glad they left out Gambit.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2014-04-16 12:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »

You...are my hero.
(Not because Gambit isn't in the story of DoFP...but because he just flat out sucks as a character)
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-16 12:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said: »

You...are my hero.
(Not because Gambit isn't in the story of DoFP...but because he just flat out sucks as a character)

I'm still a little pissed off about Kitty not being a major character in this movie...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2014-04-16 12:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Josiahfk said: »
I think Disney bought fox like 5-10 years ago Kuz
So there shouldn't be issues? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure fox has been owned by Disney for awhile

They are in association with them… but Disney has no claim over properties they purchased LONG before hand.
It’s very convoluted. In the deal Disney struck with Marvel, they acquired the company and everything in it. But there are certain rights/leases that are still out there that happened LONG before the Marvel/Disney Deal that keep certain properties out of reach… depending on how they are used.

For example, ever wonder how Universal Studios still have its “Islands of Adventure” featuring ALL those Marvel Characters literally MINUTES away from Disneyworld?
Same goes for Theatrical Rights of some of the intellectual properties.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 – DO NOT READ

EDIT Another clear example is…even though Disney has a deal/association with Fox… notice they NEVER owned Star Wars/Lucasfilm up until recently. They had to acquire that separately. And Star Wars was always Fox.
Same thing with X-men and Fantastic Four.
Sorry if I’m not great at explaining the legalities of it all…
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-16 12:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said: »

You...are my hero.

I'm still a little pissed off about Kitty not being a major character in this movie...

Wolverine is basically taking her place, can't get enough Hugh Jackman right? I'm not really excited about this movie, I'm more looking forward to the one after, age of apocalypse.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-16 12:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't be worse than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, First Class was pretty good and the original X-Men while dated is still classic.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2014-04-16 12:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Wolverine is basically taking her place, can't get enough Hugh Jackman right? I'm not really excited about this movie, I'm more looking forward to the one after, age of apocalypse.

Same. I'm not as excited as most are. Chances are, my friends will drag me like they did to "First Class". And chances are I'll be entertained. I'm just waaay to curious as to how they are going to jump RIGHT to "Age of Apocalypse" without introducing/explaining the vast majority of what leads up to that...
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-16 12:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care how they explain it, I just want Cable to be in the movie.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2014-04-16 13:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If I see X-men Days of Future Past… it will honestly be for just this ONE reason…
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-16 13:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care how they explain it, I just want Cable to be in the movie.

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-04-16 13:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
*** that pos movie
>:O
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-16 13:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cable was way OP in those games with his hax body sliding.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-04-16 13:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

he also had a Guard Break combo leading to a lvl 3 super, and other crazy things
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-16 13:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cable was way OP in those games with his hax body sliding.

If you wanna talk about OP in that game. Spiral, Sentinel and Magneto make the top list.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-16 13:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

he is in there
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-17 18:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-xmen-director-sexual-abuse-accusation-20140416,0,1551084.story

Another reason this man should not be allowed to direct any future X-men movies!