Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
more idiocy
By wormfeeder 2014-04-15 20:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/police-charge-high-school-student-disorderly-conduct-using-ipad-prove-hes-being
By wormfeeder 2014-04-15 20:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

no words
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-04-15 20:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

proof that you need to be able to defend yourself against authority because they can not be trusted. School, law, or government.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-15 21:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

thought this was another altima thread lol.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-15 22:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Because its about people in power overexerting authority against someone just trying to prove themselves?

I'm touched.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-15 22:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully this gets appealed, and school officials dismissed, and possible reprimands for the police involved.

There was no just cause for a disorderly conduct charge, not to mention the fact that it's such a *** charge in the first place.

On another note: the school had no authority to force him to delete anything off his personal device. (now if this wasn't his personal device and was the school's, that's a different matter).
By Jetackuu 2014-04-15 22:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Because its about people in power overexerting authority against someone just trying to prove themselves?

I'm touched.
The two aren't equivocal, and to compare your *** in any way shape or form to this injustice is just sad.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-15 22:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

I'm touched.
The two aren't equivocal, and to compare your *** in any way shape or form to this injustice is just sad.

The butthurt is strong with this one.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-04-15 22:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the heck is Altima?
By Altimaomega 2014-04-15 22:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Who the heck is Altima?

Dunno never meet him.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-15 22:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm touched.

No, because of the stupid thread title, and thats all.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-15 22:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm touched.

No, because of the stupid thread title, and thats all.

Seems appropriate it is about idiocy, got people in to read and post about it. Mission accomplished.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-04-15 23:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ugg I know the feeling of this being bullyed and the staff doing *** all. sucks *** and the kid getting charged is bull. what I did when this happened to me is changed schools
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-04-16 00:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna sue Walmart for wiretapping.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-04-16 00:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When I got bullied in middle school they banned me from the office and were going to suspend me for telling on the student(s) if I didn't stop. This was in like 1994-1995.

I'm not surprised at all by the staffs reaction to this...
[+]
 Bahamut.Aelissa
Server: Bahamut
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2014-04-16 00:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
When I got bullied in middle school they banned me from the office and were going to suspend me for telling on the student(s) if I didn't stop. This was in like 1994-1995.

I'm not surprised at all by the staffs reaction to this...

^^ This...
I knew alot of bullied kids when i was in school, and the schools would never do anything against those bullies, they would tell the kids that where bullied to ignore them or "step it up themselfs, cause if they wouldn't step up against it, they'd never be able to do that later in life" (i remember a teacher once telling this to a girl in my class). Yet later that year the bullied girl snapped when one of them went to far, not kidding she jammed a scissor in the bully's hand... She got kickt from school. it's an extreme story to an extreme case, but if the teachers would have supported her more and took the bully aside more then maybe the girl wouldn't have snapped the way she did... And i have seen alot more cases like this, where people are just scarred for life cause the schools are too lacking.

for them kicking people from school is an easy sweep under the rug they can get away with.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-16 00:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem would solve itself if we stop punishing people from defending themselves, a few bullies need their hands stabbed to learn, imo.

Edit: that being said, it's not really a productive way to handle things, as then events get out of hand, and people die.
[+]