Maryland Decriminalizes Marijuana Possession

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Maryland Decriminalizes Marijuana Possession
Maryland Decriminalizes Marijuana Possession
By Jetackuu 2014-04-15 14:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It all smells/tastes nasty, I'll pass.

I drink to get drunk, not sick, just drunk.

Not all children like soda either.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-15 14:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I used to hate beer like couldn't stand the bitter flavor. Now I'm obsessed with it.
It comes in all shapes sizes and creeds. Most of them are delicious! All of them except the sours. They can burn in hell!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-15 14:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-15 14:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I try to avoid wicked hangovers which is usually brought on by dark liquor. Projectile vomiting all the way home is not fun, the wibbly wobbly feeling of waking up isn't either.

Beer gets disgusting after a certain point, wine will eventually just put me to sleep, hard ciders agree with me and clear liquor mixed has proven reliable thus far.

As for skirting the feds? Salvia is legal last I checked though I've never done it. So are a number of other 'legal' highs.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-15 14:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so not a hoppy beer fan. IPAs are bleeeeeeeeh.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-15 15:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
\
As for skirting the feds? Salvia is legal last I checked though I've never done it. So are a number of other 'legal' highs.
butbutbut states rights!!!
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-15 15:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvia

doesn't work.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-15 15:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Salvia

doesn't work.
and is a sad joke, I don't even smoke, but know that it's a bad joke.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-15 15:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so not a hoppy beer fan. IPAs are bleeeeeeeeh.

There are many different kinds my friend. English vs. American, west coast American vs east coast American. And lets not forget the almighty doubles and imperials (those are the best!) I had to warm myself up to them initially. If you find them a bit too bitter, seek out a west coast or even an English IPA. They tend to be more malty than an east coast style.

My personal favorite are stouts.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-15 15:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite beer is

And it is difficult to get where I live sadly.

It sold out where I get beer and they won't get it back...not sure why. They keep changing what beer they get all the time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-15 15:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I do love me some barleywines. Belgian quadruples are very good too.

One of my favorites...
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-04-15 15:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
I live in Maryland, and I applaud this as a non-smoker. It's a good start. A fair amount of professional adults I know smoke marijuana. I believe it's less harmful than alcohol. For me, I work in a police department, so even a civil violation for pot would probably get me fired, but I don't have a problem with Marylanders enjoying a little recreation so long as they're doing it responsibly.
If you're caught smoking pot at work you'll probably still get fired in many professions... All this seems to do is decriminalize possesion of small amounts of marijuana in which the feds can still scoop you up for that...

I didn't mean at work, I meant outside of it. Even a civil citation for mj on personal time would probably be grounds for termination. I don't smoke, but if it were truly legal in MD I'm not sure I'd still abstain.

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Mmm...IDK. Hangovers have been progressively more debilitating. Not much reward in it the older you get. Nothing like a hangover on a Sunday to ruin your weekend.

This is so true. Now that I'm in my 30's, I can barely function if I drink too much the night before. In my 20's, it wasn't nearly as bad, and in my teens, hangovers didn't slow me down at all.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-15 15:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I live in Maryland, and I applaud this as a non-smoker. It's a good start. A fair amount of professional adults I know smoke marijuana. I believe it's less harmful than alcohol. For me, I work in a police department, so even a civil violation for pot would probably get me fired, but I don't have a problem with Marylanders enjoying a little recreation so long as they're doing it responsibly.
If you're caught smoking pot at work you'll probably still get fired in many professions... All this seems to do is decriminalize possesion of small amounts of marijuana in which the feds can still scoop you up for that...

I didn't mean at work, I meant outside of it. Even a civil citation for mj on personal time would probably be grounds for termination. I don't smoke, but if it were truly legal in MD I'm not sure I'd still abstain.

Mmm...IDK. Hangovers have been progressively more debilitating. Not much reward in it the older you get. Nothing like a hangover on a Sunday to ruin your weekend.

This is so true. Now that I'm in my 30's, I can barely function if I drink too much the night before. In my 20's, it wasn't nearly as bad, and in my teens, hangovers didn't slow me down at all.
Even outside of work. Tests come back positive on a drug test and you're still screwed lol... this does nothing to legalize weed as all it does is make the ridiculous punishments less severe... you work for law enforcement man!

Like I said before too... even as all the states start to turn towards legalizing it or at least (in this case) lessening the punsihment the Feds are still making it quite a pain for people..
By Jetackuu 2014-04-15 16:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll reiterate that I'm of the opinion that random drug tests should be illegal, regardless of the profession.

As long as a person isn't high at work, it's none of their business.

Then again, I'm sure a bunch of persons will disagree with this, I really don't care, so save it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-15 16:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I get more annoyed at employers wanting to run a credit check on you before the hire. Like seriously? I'm waiting for the anal probing.

Also, my facebook information? lol, no.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-04-15 16:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Even outside of work. Tests come back positive on a drug test and you're still screwed lol... this does nothing to legalize weed as all it does is make the ridiculous punishments less severe... you work for law enforcement man!

Like I said before too... even as all the states start to turn towards legalizing it or at least (in this case) lessening the punsihment the Feds are still making it quite a pain for people..

First of all I should say, I'm not a cop, I work in technology. I'm not subject to drug testing aside from as a condition for my initial hiring, as far as I'm aware, unless I wreck a department vehicle. An employer can still give you the boot for anything, so there's no true protections there, but I doubt you'll see many people being punished in this state for recreational amounts of weed anymore. Are cops going to waste their time on what amounts to less than a traffic ticket that adds points to your license? And the Feds are backing down a bit too, essentially saying recently that they won't interfere with state/local laws legalizing or decriminalizing marijuana.

Most cops have better things to do than to arrest people for dime bags. Now they can be out dealing with dangerous narcotics and the associated violence and property crime. Personally I think it's a pretty good start. The inner city isn't a hell because of marijuana...
By Jetackuu 2014-04-15 16:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I get more annoyed at employers wanting to run a credit check on you before the hire. Like seriously? I'm waiting for the anal probing.

Also, my facebook information? lol, no.
ya, that's a bit far...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-15 16:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

$100 - $500 tickets for multple offenses... yes the cops are going to be handing these out... revenue stream baby! Just like they continue to give out speeding tickets... and let me just say, if you pay more than that for a speeding ticket in your state you sir are getting raped.

I didn't think you were an officer. I do like how you say you are not suject to a drug test (outside initial hire) then give a condition that you would be subject to it. You should probably give your contract a re read so you at least fully understand the contract you signed.

It depends on whether you live in a right to work state but even so you can't legally get the boot for anything... say the boss wants you to sleep with em and you say no and you get fired for it... you can take em to court on that. There are protections but they vary state to state. Also, there are plenty of businesses even now and even with this new law passed that will can your *** for smoking weed (even in places like CO and WA).

Maybe they do in your podunk town? I know a couple years back we had issues with cops planting evidence (dime bags) on a bunch of people and then arresting them which led to more problems for us the tax payer. How can you even say this with a straight face with all the people getting arrested for possesion and the poeple that end up in prison/jail for some of this stuff. I personally think they'll start coming after people more now that they can "tax" you for this now.

They believe the inner city is hell because of drugs and marijuana is a part of that. Illegal sales of weed puts money into the hands of criminals man!
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-15 16:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Beers!

Mil's new favorite

(Does not need ice)
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-04-15 17:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

$100 - $500 tickets for multple offenses... yes the cops are going to be handing these out... revenue stream baby! Just like they continue to give out speeding tickets... and let me just say, if you pay more than that for a speeding ticket in your state you sir are getting raped.

You don't understand the amount of work that it takes to process drug arrests. Each piece of evidence has to be gone over, tested in a lab with strict quality controls on expensive equipment... it's not a revenue stream, not at $100-500.

I didn't think you were an officer. I do like how you say you are not suject to a drug test (outside initial hire) then give a condition that you would be subject to it. You should probably give your contract a re read so you at least fully understand the contract you signed.

The policy is this- you can be drug-tested if you're in certain positions, primarily ones that require a CDL, or you are in an accident in a work vehicle and they have reasonable suspicion that you were impaired. Thanks to our topic here, I just read it. In fact, it appears that we cannot be fired for civil violations, including this one... criminal drug convictions require notification for discipline, however. It will be interesting to see how this language is enforced.

It depends on whether you live in a right to work state but even so you can't legally get the boot for anything... say the boss wants you to sleep with em and you say no and you get fired for it... you can take em to court on that. There are protections but they vary state to state. Also, there are plenty of businesses even now and even with this new law passed that will can your *** for smoking weed (even in places like CO and WA).

MD is not a right to work state. We do have decent worker protections. It remains to be seen how this will be handled in light of changing laws.

Maybe they do in your podunk town? I know a couple years back we had issues with cops planting evidence (dime bags) on a bunch of people and then arresting them which led to more problems for us the tax payer. How can you even say this with a straight face with all the people getting arrested for possesion and the poeple that end up in prison/jail for some of this stuff. I personally think they'll start coming after people more now that they can "tax" you for this now.

The thing with small amounts of pot is that a subsequent in-depth search may lead to evidence of more serious violations. It's a helpful tool for cops. Again, how this will be handled under the new law, and whether or not you can use a civil violation as probable cause for a full search, is something that we'll have to see.

And many DA's have been backing away from going after people for misdemeanor marijuana charges for years. It depends on where you live, but here that seems to be the case.

They believe the inner city is hell because of drugs and marijuana is a part of that. Illegal sales of weed puts money into the hands of criminals man!

No one with any sense actually believes marijuana causes the bulk of inner-city crime.
By fonewear 2014-04-15 17:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried that crabbies beer not long ago very good.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-15 17:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Love me some ginger beer!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-04-15 17:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Give me some Jack.

I have had three hangovers in my life. Then I figured out what was causing them. Getting drunk and not eating. So I eat when I drink and limit myself to kinda half seas over.

Mind you this doesn't work for everyone. Some get hangovers no mater what. I mean a glass of wine with dinner will give people the full pounding headache / used sweatsock mouth treatment.
fonewear said: »
Well if you are drinking Jack if you drink a light beer it will sober you up with all that water.

(not really but only use I can think of for a light beer)
Putting out fires?

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Beer is to adults like soda is to kids.
Light beer doesn't even qualify as barley pop. I don't drink barley pop either.

I like the browns and blacks and thick enough to take a knife and fork.

Once, back in my way babe days I was sipping a Guinness in a bar. Some dude sits down by me and asks "How can you drink that stuff? Its expensive and it tastes terrible."

"Slowly. Its expensive. And it tastes terrible."

On my lifetime top 10 worst pickup lines list.

Jetackuu said: »
Only thing that will certainly give me a hangover is tequila, I try to avoid the stuff.
I used to love tequila. She's a cruel mistress. I'm a lightweight now, so...

Pot hangover though. Never heard of one, and if they exist, never had one. Only redeeming factor now would be the lack of hangover.
Drinking tequila right now...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-04-15 19:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Beers!

Mil's new favorite
Looks TOTALLY yummy.

Quote:

(Does not need ice)
But it goes so well with ice and lime.
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-04-15 20:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I live in Maryland and although I'm not an MJ smoker, I'm surprised O'Malley has finally done something right.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-04-18 20:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad news for us medical / legalization proponents.

Denver deaths put focus on marijuana edibles

Quote:
DENVER—A recent spousal murder case is the second death this year linked to edible marijuana, sparking questions and concern about what role, if any, the drug played.

Last month, a 19-year-old student fell to his death from a hotel balcony after eating six servings of a pot cookie.

"There's just not enough information right now to say, absolutely, pot was to blame," 9NEWS psychologist Max Wachtel said.

In the case of the murder, there are other factors to consider besides pot.
OK, as a long time marijuana user, for me it reduces aggressive tendencies but the worst ODed I have ever been on THC was on edibles. Well, edibles and art. Right down to sitting on a curb unable to move.

This story looks to me like Refer Madness II.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-18 20:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that this really means much, but I react paradoxically to most drugs introduced to my system, including marijuana. This means that I basically wind up getting the opposite effect from that which is considered normal (and means that I have yet another thing in common with kids too young for kindergarten). With weed, it means I get nauseous and develop a blinding headache. I could easily see it leading to rage/aggression if I were someone else.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-18 20:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pot isn't for everyone. Some people like to drink, some people like to smoke.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
OK, as a long time marijuana user, for me it reduces aggressive tendencies but the worst ODed I have ever been on THC was on edibles. Well, edibles and art. Right down to sitting on a curb unable to move.
Yeah that's how I was in college. Stupidity of others would get me so frustrated I'd have to take some bongs rips. Then I would be fine.