First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-16 15:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
as much as GM is struggling right now in all things the ability to produce automobiles is important.
GM goddamned *** sucks and can die choking on an entire truckload of ***.

What possible reason could I have to want to bail them out? Their product blows, their company is awful, and the market has spoken. *** 'em.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-16 16:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
While our auto industry and Detroit are symbolic to the power of the United States how many people were going to the polls to pull based on that issue alone? You know, short of union types.

The Economy and jobs were the two biggest topics before the GOP decided to drag in more social conservatism that ultimately derailed the message and ruined the Romney campaign. Immigration has large appeal with Hispanics but last cycle was about the economy and thanks to major *** ups Obama was able to roll the GOP.

Forget about the popular vote for a moment and think about the electoral college, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio all went blue. Two of those were the home state of the guys on the ballot ot for the GOP. How much of that was because of Romney's Detroit op-ed? He was done in those states the second he wrote that article.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-16 16:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
as much as GM is struggling right now in all things the ability to produce automobiles is important.
GM goddamned *** sucks and can die choking on an entire truckload of ***.

What possible reason could I have to want to bail them out? Their product blows, their company is awful, and the market has spoken. *** 'em.

Yep.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-04-16 16:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »

“He didn’t pay taxes for 10 years! Now, do I know that that’s true? Well, I’m not certain,” Reid told the Huffington Post in an interview.“
Um, you don't prove that something is biased by actually writing what was said, verbatim, in an interview.

Now, if the title was:
Is Romney cheating on his taxes?
and this was the only evidence, then that would be evidence of bias (as well as stupidity and lack of journalistic standards/integrity)

The quote could just as easily be part of a segment:
Top democrat slanders presidential candidate!

Of course, that also is based on that quote being in context.

You got me, it came from the Top democrat slanders presidential candidate article from Huffington post. (sarcasm)

Or you could actually provide said article, so that a claim of bias could actually be looked into, rather than providing an example OUT OF CONTEXT.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-16 16:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You overestimate his capabilities.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-16 16:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Huffington Post is bad but FW:FW:FW:FW:FW: chain letters are ok.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-16 16:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

While our auto industry and Detroit are symbolic to the power of the United States how many people were going to the polls to pull based on that issue alone? You know, short of union types.

The Economy and jobs were the two biggest topics before the GOP decided to drag in more social conservatism that ultimately derailed the message and ruined the Romney campaign. Immigration has large appeal with Hispanics but last cycle was about the economy and thanks to major *** ups Obama was able to roll the GOP.

Forget about the popular vote for a moment and think about the electoral college, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio all went blue. Two of those were the home state of the guys on the ballot ot for the GOP. How much of that was because of Romney's Detroit op-ed? He was done in those states the second he wrote that article.

Michigan didn't just go blue, its been blue for decade's. Same with Wisconsin, Ohio is an interesting state to watch because it always votes for the winner.

Look at Indiana to see the Obama effect in action, The reddest state in the midwest that always vote's Republican, voted Obama in the first time by 1%. Then against the 2nd time by 10%.

When Obama is finally out of the picture, I think people are gonna be surprised at the result's.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-16 16:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Indiana went red in 2012, anything else?
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-16 17:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Michigan didn't just go blue, its been blue for decade's.
The reddest state in the midwest that always vote's Republican
I think people are gonna be surprised at the result's.
What the *** is with the greengrocers' apo'strophe?

I hate quoting Pulp Fiction, but I'm gonna need to soon.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-16 17:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice rebuttal, I bow to your ability to point out the obvious.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-16 17:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bug's the *** out of you huh.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-16 17:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Took all of 5 seconds to debunk you, you really need to try harder.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-16 17:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Took all of 5 seconds to debunk you, you really need to try harder.

So debunking in your mind is.. agreeing with me?

Michigan didn't just go blue, its been blue for decade's. Same with Wisconsin, Ohio is an interesting state to watch because it always votes for the winner.

Look at Indiana to see the Obama effect in action, The reddest state in the midwest that always vote's Republican, voted Obama in the first time by 1%. Then against the 2nd time by 10%.

When Obama is finally out of the picture, I think people are gonna be surprised at the result's.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-16 17:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind repeating myself: Indiana did not vote for Obama in 2012.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-16 17:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading comprehension: do you need it? You can have this.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-16 17:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

wow
By fonewear 2014-04-16 17:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-04-16 19:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The Huffington Post is just the place I go to get my unbiased news. /sarcasm
They were quoting conservatives.

And Rand makes them more nervous than he does Democrats.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-04-16 19:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Reading comprehension: do you need it? You can have this.

To be fair, I made the same mistake that Vicioussss did:

Based on the sentences:
Quote:
voted Obama in the first time by 1%. Then against the 2nd time by 10%.

Since the first sentence was voted in, the logical word to use to negate that would be out, similar to that for would be used in conjunction with against.

So having read in, and not out, the default assumption was that Altimaomega misspelled again as against.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-04-16 20:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that the far right has had alot of power in shaping how candidates are presented in the last two cycles. Will this cycle repeat or will the moneyed donors finally push these paragons of insanity to the side because winning is better than being an ideological zealot?
Total agreement.

BUT. The Koch are funding the bat**** insane wing of the GOP. And they are going deep, funding down as far as the school board.

Quote:
McCain on paper looked like a viable candidate until he was transformed into the old man with Sarah Palin on his ticket
No Republican stood a chance in 2008. If God was on the ticket they would still have lost. McCain got the ticket because it was his turn. And he wasn't up for reelection as a senator.

And putting the divine Sarah on the ticket was a stroke of genius. McCain couldn't energize the base if he tried and he didn't try. Sarah, no matter what you think of her, singlehandedly turned a disastrous defeat into a mere trouncing.

And With the Dems holing a a few more state houses and governorships from '08 the GOP tea party explosion of '10 would have had far less effect.

Quote:
Then we got Mitt Romney who could have beaten Obama had he been allowed to stay the course in the center and present himself a pro-business. good guy who would be a fair alternative to a dissapointing first term 'Bam. Then he too was forced to go hard right miring himself in womens issues and other *** that made him an open target for Dems.
Look, W won because of cheating and he was a likable dude, someone you would go have a beer with. Can you imagine having a beer... espresso... no... going out to chat over burgers and soda with Romney?

And he was kinda forced to spout wacko right wing stuff in the ever so televised and eternally long primary cycle.

Oh... vulture capitalist too. Bain capitol destroyed America's ability to produce specialty steel. Check it out.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-16 20:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't Mormons forsake caffeine, too? Best you could get out of him (because, let's be fair, Mormons are one of the few faiths that regularly practice their dietary rules) would be some lemonade, I think. Whoo hoo, let the good times roll. /slitwrists

As for the primary cycle, that should be starting up soon, right? It's May of 2014, which means that Christmas season begins in a week or two, may as well get working on that election campaign now.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-16 20:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the primary cycle, that should be starting up soon, right? It's May of 2014, which means that Christmas season begins in a week or two, may as well get working on that election campaign now.

honestly I'm more irritated by the christmas in july BS than I am by primaries starting right after midterms.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-16 20:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be, but then I remembered that as obnoxious as the continued commercialization of an allegedly religious occurrence is, it keeps money circulating and gives people employment in a variety of industries. On the other hand, the primaries seem to basically make everyone irritated, probably reduce voter turnout by virtue of emotional exhaustion, and only line the pockets of TV stations paid to air the endless campaign commercials.

It's the lesser of two evils. But once Christmas sales start happening before Christmas II (AKA Valentine's Day) occurs, I may consider changing my mind.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-04-16 20:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't Mormons forsake caffeine, too?

Officially? Just coffee and tea. Some interpret that as meaning caffeine in general, but it's a personal choice for them.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-04-16 20:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Strategy killed the Reps last cycle in a loss that didn't need to happen. Obama was vulnerable as per Republican meddling and their long game turned into a loss where it should have been a win.
No. What killed the GOP last cycle was the extended circular firing squad primary season, I mean they did all the Dem's opposition research for them, their eternal war on women (look at the female vote split), lack of discipline or message, and let's not forget the loudmouth loony wing tainting the whole party.

But yes, Obama was vulnerable. And the lunatic right, along with every state's race to be important and first, killed any chance they had.

oh... I forgot... abandoning Regan's 11th commandment.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-16 20:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do we keep explaining to the Republicans how to stop *** up?

I like conservatism in certain doses, but it doesn't presently exist. Nor does liberalism, really. We've got two psychotic parties that both managed to jump the political rails, but one wants to imprison or execute me for not being a WASP pumping out WASP kids, so I'm left vaguely cheering for the other ones.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 20:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I like conservatism in certain doses, but it doesn't presently exist. Nor does liberalism, really. We've got two psychotic parties that both managed to jump the political rails, but one wants to imprison or execute me for not being a WASP pumping out WASP kids, so I'm left vaguely cheering for the other ones.
истина
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 22:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least we agree on domestic politics in the US.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-16 22:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people think it would be easier to teach Republicans tolerance than Democrats math and morality
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-04-16 23:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it 1992? If so... *** YES!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11