Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Salvage2 on BST
Salvage2 on BST
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-03-27 12:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple of questions for beastmasters doing ARII solo. For the first floor, you obviously have to unlock ammo from leeches before you can Call Beast. Are you waiting until you unlock hands as well, so that you can get your max level pet? Any preference on pets?

For gear floor, are you backing off once the rampart uses Reinforcements, and letting the gears all aggro your pet so that you can pick them off one by one?

And finally, for the boss/HQ boss, do you just let pet do the fighting since Fulmination can hurt, or are you in there alongside?

I've been off of beastmaster since just before Adoulin came out, so I'm trying to get back up to speed. Going to use the job to farm Dyna and Salvage2. Since I've been running Salvage2 on DNC, I'm nervous about losing that big chunk of evasion, LOL. I've got two 119 axes and access to most gear (no Regimen mittens yet, though) so hoping once I get all gear unlocks Salvage will be pretty simple.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-03-27 14:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I found that BST doesn't do so well in ARII if you are trying to pop HQ Khim.

Pets/BST kill too slow on the Armored Chariot.

I would suggest you using BLU (what I use) or PUP (what I heard).
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2014-03-27 14:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wait until I get hands (and ammo obviously) to call pet. I use caring kiyomaro. As soon as I get legs I familiar (ankusa).

For the chariot, killing it in under 3 minutes is no problem. Start the fight with 100%+ tp, 5 finishing moves, and haste samba. Ruinator > reverse flourish > Ruinator > snarl. If it looks like it's getting close, just use unleash, but it shouldn't be needed.

For both khimairas I melee with my pet and just flourish stun its TP moves.

The zone takes about an hour if you skip up to 5th floor ramparts after unlocks. Happy hunting.

Edit: just noticed you're on sylph. Feel free to contact me in game if you need any more info.
By ultraz 2014-03-28 02:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing ARII with iL117 eminent axe as bst/dnc for a while now and its pretty much what Padish said its pretty easy win. i usually unlock ammo and callbeast using a cheap jug cause sometimes fighting Lamias w/o hp unlocked can be dangerous. For the ramparts I would save tp before hand. Engage with pet and start off with ws, melee and save tp til Reinforcement and ws again. usually i can get the rampart to about 15% when it uses reinforcement and ws would kill it right after you see the gears pop. you have some time to run away from the gears before they settle down and start being aggresive, about 5-6 secs after they pop I'd say. Then you can start pulling them one by one np.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-03-28 12:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice Pad/etc. I did ARII on BST for the first time last night. Had an "oops" moment where I linked all of the gears to the rampart, and died, but was able to re-raise. 5th floor ramparts were harder than bosses. The khimaira's didn't really do significant damage to Kiyomaro, so both NQ and HQ were simple, and I dropped the chariot in about 2 minutes. Ruinator did a lot of damage to it.

If you're on tonight I'll hit you up Pad. I don't know any other BSTs anymore and I'd like to see what sets you use, if that's ok.

I did notice that first-floor Lamia for hands was tougher to fight naked compared to the evasive jobs. I will probably unlock ammo first next time and build up steps to stun her spells.
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2014-03-28 12:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Are you waiting until you unlock hands as well, so that you can get your max level pet?
Call beast as soon as possible, then re-summon it higher level after you unlock hands. If you don't want to waste Jug pets you could just wait until you unlock hands but it may slow you down a little.
Quote:
Any preference on pets?
DroopyDortwin
For gear floor, are you backing off once the rampart uses Reinforcements, and letting the gears all aggro your pet so that you can pick them off one by one?
There's no need to kill the Ramparts. You only need to kill one gear on that floor for Body unlock.
And finally, for the boss/HQ boss, do you just let pet do the fighting since Fulmination can hurt, or are you in there alongside?
Fulmination can only go off at low HP (below 40% I think) so I think you should at least melee until then. I just stay in full time and eat Fulmination. Remedies help alot if you're going to eat it. You could always stun this if you're /DNC but I use /NIN for kill speed.
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Maybe before the pet ability dmg increase update. If you have trouble there's always Unleash that will guarantee success.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-03-28 19:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You should always kill the ramparts and kill the gears, IMO. That's 36 guaranteed alex. Yes, it takes a little time, but if you're careful it's not too bad.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-07 11:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Attaxia said: »
Maybe before the pet ability dmg increase update. If you have trouble there's always Unleash that will guarantee success.
That's true. I never went back after they bumped pet damage up. I really should try it as BST again...
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-04-08 16:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My Armored Chariot kills have been 2:00 to 2:30 without Unleash, using CaringKiyomaro.
By Crumble 2014-04-17 04:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

30/40 minutes for ARII
Very easy for BST/dnc.

JA Unleash for kill Armored Chariot.

By behemuthxero 2014-04-19 06:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I found that BST doesn't do so well in ARII if you are trying to pop HQ Khim.

I would suggest you using BLU (what I use) or PUP (what I heard).

I have went BST in ARII since it became soloable. Never once had a problem with Armored Chariot. Just make sure to save some TP from the last lesser chariot in the room and open with Ruinator. Hit it with DEF down step and spur your pet. Usually kill it in 1:45-2:00 minutes. If you are really worried grab a TP wing to help, but I have never needed it.