Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-15 23:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Do not forget that Russia controls ~40% of all the worlds palladium supplies.
Don't think Ivan or Tony forgot.
I hope by the time I'm 40 to own some shares in a mine, or better yet run a mining operation. :D

I don't know, but it seems like a neat side project to do once I'm settled in.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-16 00:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know where you get your information from.
Russia's finance minister
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 05:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
He's talking about projected GDP growth rates.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/12/03/uk-russia-economy-forecast-idUKBRE9B209V20131203

Quote:
Economy Minister Alexei Ulyukayev was quoted by Russian news agencies as saying that gross domestic product would grow by 1.4 percent this year compared to 1.8 percent. The cut was expected.

Analysts polled by Reuters last week forecast the economy to grow by 1.5 percent this year.

Ulyukayev said GDP was likely to grow by 2.5 percent next year, down from an estimate of 3 percent, and by 2.8 percent in 2015. An earlier forecast envisaged GDP growth in 2015 of 3.1 percent.

GDP growth is still up, just not as high as they wanted. GDP for Russia has nothing to do with unemployment or their economy as a whole. GDP growth is only important for investment bankers, and mainly the IMF or basically people who deal with the USD. Russia does not deal directly with the USD. And now because of the Ukraine situation, they are taking the necessary steps to ensure USD independence for good.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 05:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile over here:

The Sad, Slow Death of America's Retail Workforce
By ElysiumTK 2014-04-16 05:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If we put aside the politics and social media, we know one thing Russia is the boss lol. Russia reminds me of 50s-60s Mafia AHAH
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 05:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Even the Ukrainian army knows where all the jobs are.

This is their so called crack down on 'terrorists.'

Elements of the Ukrainian army have defected and are now flying Russian flags
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-16 07:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

He's talking about projected GDP growth rates.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/12/03/uk-russia-economy-forecast-idUKBRE9B209V20131203

Quote:
Economy Minister Alexei Ulyukayev was quoted by Russian news agencies as saying that gross domestic product would grow by 1.4 percent this year compared to 1.8 percent. The cut was expected.

Analysts polled by Reuters last week forecast the economy to grow by 1.5 percent this year.

Ulyukayev said GDP was likely to grow by 2.5 percent next year, down from an estimate of 3 percent, and by 2.8 percent in 2015. An earlier forecast envisaged GDP growth in 2015 of 3.1 percent.

GDP growth is still up, just not as high as they wanted. GDP for Russia has nothing to do with unemployment or their economy as a whole. GDP growth is only important for investment bankers, and mainly the IMF or basically people who deal with the USD. Russia does not deal directly with the USD. And now because of the Ukraine situation, they are taking the necessary steps to ensure USD independence for good.

Your article is from December 2013.

This is what I posted yesterday which is current projections and problems (however, this aricle does not go over all the problems Russia is currently facing financially).
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 07:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They're still talking growth, and "perhaps it will be zero" is his speculation. Currently it is only estimated to be around .5%. Still estimated.

Most money leaving Russia was in fear of sanctions (frozen assets) and has been temporary stored with Japan, China (PBOC), and other markets. It'll come back as soon as the U.S. and NATO quits its fear mongering to raise the economy through war.

They [Russia] have the 5th largest reserve of world currencies so they'll be just fine. I'd be more worried about NATO and the U.S. wasting all this money to intimidate Russia, because it is not working. Ultimately it will result in bankruptcy for all those countries involved. Even Germany (ECB) is well aware of this and have backpedaled.

Please give up the financial warmongering. Living in Russia and coming back here and reading the news is even more different than night and day.

The west seems trapped in the Twilight Zone.

Best western media outlet source I can find:
Quote:
But above all, there is Germany. It’s not obvious yet, but the German economy is starting to slow. PMIs – though still strong – are weakening and CPI is falling. Germany is a significant trading partner to Russia, so economic sanctions against Russia due to the crisis in Ukraine will have a negative effect on its export-led economy, and there will probably also be significant trade reduction due to Russia’s growing economic fragility. Steen Jakobsen of Saxo Bank warned last week that Germany would “flirt with recession” by the end of 2014. I fear he may be right – although I am not convinced it will be a mere flirtation. Export-led economies are particularly vulnerable to external demand shocks such as wars and recessions, and Germany is no exception.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2014/04/09/credit-easing-in-the-euro-area/

But even that is very biased.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 07:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Even I was smart enough to store all my earnings at the PBOC. It just makes sense until people quit it with the Russophobia warmongering.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-16 08:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Markets are based heavily on perception. The percption of Russia's market today is high risk, which means investors want higher returns. It is why over a month ago Russia's bank raised interest rates to try and stave off foreign investment leaving the country.

That has had limited success.

Russia is still a developing country which means their GDP should be much higher than 0.5%. They have had a very slow rise back to USSR GDP levels and this could set them back a lot in terms of growth for the next few years. Especially with the expenditures for the Olympics and potential Crimea costs.

This is much more complicated than you are making it out to be.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 08:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/02/11/yes-americans-hate-on-russia-too-much-this-daily-show-segment-proves-it/

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/rgens6/the-empire-takes-back---it-could-happen-here
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 08:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Markets are based heavily on perception.
That's one the biggest problems right now. 100% with you on that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-16 08:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll come back as soon as the U.S. and NATO quits its fear mongering to raise the economy through war.
It's called posturing.

This administration doesn't want to be on record for anything that will come back and bite them in the *** (see Obamacare is really Romneycare, and only Obama's brainchild when some little bit of good news comes out for it).

There has been so many "threats" issued by Obama that was never backed up that even US citizens are ignoring him. Well, except for the parrots on the left. They depend on him for their daily crackers.

Putin knows that Obama will never do anything serious. Obama is all talk, and he will always be known as all talk, no action. One of the weakest presidents of all time, even worse than William Henry Harrison in effectiveness.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 08:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama, lol... No comment.

EDIT: ok, one comment.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/10/michelle-annoyed-by-obamas-selfie-at-mandela-memorial/
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-16 08:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Case in point:

Ukraine, a NATO member, has been attacked.

NATO demands that all member nations come together and push back the aggressor.

One of the largest member nations is USA. Hell, we were their military backing, the one who would defend Ukraine or any other NATO member.

And yet...nothing.

I would love to see the parrots defend Obama on this issue.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-16 08:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Case in point:

One of the largest member nations is USA. Hell, we were their military backing, the one who would defend Ukraine or any other NATO member.

And yet...nothing.

Ukraine is not a member of NATO
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 08:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Here am I wasting time on the internet and I got an email 2 hours ago from Chengdu. Looks like I might be going back to China earlier than this fall. Woot!

Meanwhile Obama hires a Canadian company that brings Indians (from India w/ 'overnight' skills) from overseas to botch up healthcare.gov

Meh, oh well. Just the way the world is heading now.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-16 08:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukraine is not a member of NATO!!!

from page 2
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ukraine has sorta been attacked, under agreement, isn't NATO sorta obligated to respond?

Ukraine isn't a member of NATO, so no.List of countries that are members of NATO
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-16 09:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Case in point:

And yet...nothing.

Ukraine is not a member of NATO
My apologies, I went by media information.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 09:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It happens.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-16 09:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I of all people should know better than to blindly trust certain media outlets, but I assumed that they would have at least reported basic information correctly, especially one that is so easily verifiable.

Last time I trust MSN with basic information like that. But I shouldn't have to verify everything they report, even the basic information...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-16 09:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I of all people should know better than to blindly trust certain media outlets, but I assumed that they would have at least reported basic information correctly, especially one that is so easily verifiable.

Last time I trust MSN with basic information like that. But I shouldn't have to verify everything they report, even the basic information...
Yeah it really sucks, but it's increasingly becoming a reality to have to check basic information from MSM.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-04-16 09:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ooh new page

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-16 09:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For the love of god or whatever it is you hold dear....

Take a minute, to educate yourself about the topic before posting.

You're making us republicans look bad and you should feel bad for doing it!

You complain about others being parrots but yet there you are squawking off talking points like a retard....

/shame finger
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-16 10:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You complain about others being parrots but yet there you are squawking off talking points like a retard....

/shame finger
Sorry if my research abilities are limited to issues important to me, and everything else I choose to rely on third party information (aka media).

Now, if you want to ask me a tax question, I can answer it for you and provide the code section to back up my knowledge.

edit: change of a word.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-16 10:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

if you don't care enough to know anything about the topic why have you posted like 45 times in the thread.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-04-16 10:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

have some coffee or tea
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-16 10:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
if you don't care enough to know anything about the topic why have you posted like 45 times in the thread.
How's your anger towards me working out?

Seems to me like every time you post, it is an aggressive post directed towards me or another poster. At least in this section.

I would suggest relaxation.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-16 10:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure how a question is angry or aggressive, but that persecution complex is kicking in, eh?
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-04-16 10:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They likely mentioned that they were a NATO partner, rather than a member. It allows for training and support, usually in preparation towards making them a member, but not always.

/shame finger
Sorry if my research abilities are limited to issues important to me, and everything else I choose to rely on third party information (aka media).

Now, if you want to ask me a tax question, I can answer it for you and provide the code section to back up my knowledge.

edit: change of a word.
The ability to do research shouldn't vary much, regardless of topic. Ease, speed, and interest can certainly alter, however.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21