Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 153 154 155
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2017-01-04 23:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Cerberus.Nailah said: »
If I remember right, you will need to keep the item with the enhancements" equipped in order to recieve the effects of the rice ball.
Appears to still be true. Pretty lame.

Does it hold true that it doubles the effects using +3 hands though?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-01-07 23:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Pretty sure it was already assumed, but finished Kote +3 last night and can confirm "Greatly enhance rice ball effect" is just an additional +1 to rice ball effects.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2017-01-09 10:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm.. interesting. Kote +3 worth using riceballs over sushi/rcb? then with recent gear changes?
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-09 11:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't need the accuracy from sushi, then sure, but I imagine in most situations you'll end up making a lot of swaps to use riceballs over sushi that would completely negate the benefit.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2017-01-21 22:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have a stp calculator that accounts for gifts?
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2017-01-24 18:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone mind sharing their best (non-DM) Valorous TP or WS augments by chance? I would like to have a fire lit under me to farm as many stacks of frayed sacks as possible and defeat Oseem once and for all.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-24 18:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jrpg said: »
Would anyone mind sharing their best (non-DM) Valorous TP or WS augments by chance? I would like to have a fire lit under me to farm as many stacks of frayed sacks as possible and defeat Oseem once and for all.

My WS feet could use some work, but I'm satisfied with the rest.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2017-01-24 19:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres what ive been accumulating atm.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-30 14:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

*** around with the spreadsheet a while, found a way of making Dojikiri similar DPS to Masamune (~8700 vs ~9200.) The goal is to gear for 128 total STP across roll/gear, here are some sets that work assuming lucky SAM.(62 STP)

If you're short by 1 STP your dps drops by about 500-600 so skimping on STP is non-negotiable

ItemSet 349229
DA+5 feet, STP+10 back

ItemSet 349230
DA+5 hands/feet, STP+10 cape. There are many micro adjustments you can make that I didn't bother to outline (i.e. you can use Paeapua if you have enough STP, or switch back to Ginsen and swap feet to Ryuo +1) and of course HQs are always better
By geigei 2017-01-30 14:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That looks like whiff city.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-30 14:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You could swap in Telos for Dedition and then you wouldn't be missing out on any acc compared to the previous sets since they use Brutal/Ganesha.

Edit:

ItemSet 349232

ItemSet 349233

still maintains it at a very slight (less than 200 DPS) loss if you need acc if you switch from DA to STP augments (only for the first set)
By mightylovers 2017-02-01 00:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Could anyone explain to me how Ginsen is better than Cbitshavore(sp)? I absolutely can not understand why current gearsets use it.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-01 00:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

mightylovers said: »
Could anyone explain to me how Ginsen is better than Cbitshavore(sp)? I absolutely can not understand why current gearsets use it.

You can switch ammo without losing TP.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-02-01 01:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

6% WSD from knobkierrie is going to outdo any benefit that cibitshavore has
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-01 07:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The only downside is not being able to use Apex Arrow.

So...
No real downside at all. (Someone will now say "but dah Delve beeeeee11!1!!!")

(Also needing to find more Store TP else...where.... XD As if THAT is an issue SAM has.)
By mightylovers 2017-02-01 07:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. I missed Knobkierrie, which is why it didn't make sense. All clear now!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-02-01 14:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my findings on Dojikiri, people can feel free to correct me if they have better options.

Things to keep in mind:
57 stp needed to maintain 4-hit w/o SAM roll
66 stp needed to maintain 3-hit w/ SAM roll lucky (128 total needed)

Low Accuracy
Some Accuracy
High Accuracy
Full Accuracy
ItemSet 349270ItemSet 349271ItemSet 349273ItemSet 349274
Low Acc-SamRoll
Some Acc-SamRoll
High Acc-SamRoll
Full Acc-SamRoll
ItemSet 349275ItemSet 349276ItemSet 349277ItemSet 349278

Smertrios: 20 Dex/30 Acc Atk/10 STP
Valorous: Acc/Atk, 5-7 STP

No Roll possible swaps:
Kasuga Legs +1/Ryuo Tekko +1 ->Wakido Kote +3/Ryuo Hakama +1
Wakido Domaru +3->High Acc Valorous Mail
Wakido Sune-ate +3->High Acc Valorous Greaves, Rao Sune-Ate +1
Wakido Kote +3/Valorous Greaves->Ryuo Tekko +1/Wakido Sune-Ate +1
Wakido Haidate +3->Flamma Dirs +1

obviously make adjustments elsewhere if you don't meet the 57 STP requirement

Roll possible swaps:
Kasuga Legs +1/Ryuo Tekko +1 ->Wakido Kote +3/Ryuo Hakama +1
Wakido Domaru +3->High Acc Valorous Mail (with >5 STP aug)
Wakido Sune-ate +3->High Acc Valorous Greaves, Rao Sune-Ate +1
Wakido Haidate +3->Flamma Dirs +1

In all cases, NQs are acceptable if you cannot afford the HQ. I used Kasuga Haidate +1 over Wakido Kote +3 in low acc sets to show that both work, since not everyone has the luxury yet. +2s are also fine. There are some sets centered around Wakido Sune-Ate +3 but I didn't bother since both the Legs and Hands have high STP but the feet don't.

Also, I opted from Dagon Breastplate sets, since according to FFXIAH 0 people have it
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2017-02-02 10:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for some good info Ramzus.
Any chance that you have some approximate accuracy values for the various sets? I understand when it comes to the valorous pieces it will have some variation, I was hoping for just as a general area to shoot for when attempting to duplicate portions of the sets.
 Asura.Aviagalka
user: Aviagalka
By Asura.Aviagalka 2017-02-02 14:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to read around but the answers vary so much it's hard to decide. I have a Masamune that is almost to 90, should I bring it to i119? Or would I be better off going for Koga, Amano, or Doji?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-02 14:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Different strengths. Masamune is a beastly full-bore DD weapon, Doji isn't far behind for melee damage and offers improved skillchain damage + Radiance, and Amano has a significant edge on accuracy. Koga doesn't feel as relevant nowadays, if anything I guess you could say it's more of a defensive weapon with the Third Eye enhancements.

It helps that Amano is pretty cheap now and Doji is basically free if you have a group + beads, so in theory you could swing Masa + one/both if you really wanted to.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-02 14:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Masamune is currently our GK that can pump out the best numbers. The 50 STR on WSs is huge and 30%-50% ODT on auto attacks on 2-handers is one hell of a white damage increase.

Dojikiri is just a step below Masamune, but still a respectable GK. From my experience, even though one would think self-SCs is what Dojikiri should excel at, the white damage produced by Masamune pretty much makes Doji and Masa on par for self-skillchaining purposes. When skillchaining with a partner, I'd rank Masamune as a better choice as a skillchaining GK due to the extra time you'll be spending meleeing in addition to the chance Doji's TP bonus may be nulled pending multi-hits.

Amano, as it should go without saying, is a great source of extra accuracy if needed. At low TP values, Kaiten should be comparable to Fudo and best Shoha as your Fragmentation option at high ratios and if, again, your TP value is low. I wish Kaiten was Fusion instead of Fragmentation. ;/

Kogarasumaru is just a step below Dojikiri in terms of raw damage. Its appeal is its consistency at building TP quickly to more reliably self-skillchain than Dojikiri or Masamune. Only time I find myself using Koga is for fighting Kei.

If I had to prioritize which GK to go for first, I'd say Dojikiri if you have group capable of forging Aeonics as it's a good and, more importantly, free option. Afterwards, if want to further increase your damage output, go for a Masamune.
[+]
 Shiva.Aviagalka
Server: Shiva
user: Aviagalka
By Shiva.Aviagalka 2017-02-02 15:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Does Masa being a 437 make it any harder to build stp? I have been away for 5~ years and just came back in the last couple weeks
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-02-02 15:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Great responses. Llewellyn and Nightfyre. I'm on the same page of thought.

Also awesome how Koga became a more stable choice for Kei. All the blades shine in their own way.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-02 15:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Aviagalka said: »
Ok thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Does Masa being a 437 make it any harder to build stp? I have been away for 5~ years and just came back in the last couple weeks
It's not difficult to 4-hit Masamune up until you start stacking large amounts of accuracy. However, depending on your multi-hit gear accessibility, a 5-hit may be a bit better.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-02-02 15:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr said: »
Thanks for some good info Ramzus.
Any chance that you have some approximate accuracy values for the various sets? I understand when it comes to the valorous pieces it will have some variation, I was hoping for just as a general area to shoot for when attempting to duplicate portions of the sets.

Assuming 25 acc on Valorous and Hasso

Low Acc: 1093
Mid Acc: 1148
High Acc: 1190
Max Acc: 1277

you could probably swap in a higher acc body in High Acc, tbh
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-03 12:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Very minor update, but I haven't thought of anything else to add over the past couple months so might as well.

- Added a Fortitude Blessing toggle
- Nulled the Riceball Bonus due to finding the bonus doesn't remain upon unequipping Riceball gear. Kept the formula in there in hopes it gets adjusted in the future (doubt it)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A5ctepj3VfC-rUh1adXzz_OGoLYzx54UZuN93iN1Qrk/edit?usp=sharing

Waiting until new values for Bard songs are found after the next update before adding Honor March.
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2017-02-09 16:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate those who shared their augments a while back. While most of my time has been spent farming gil for Masamune, this is what I have so far for Reisen augments:

Still not happy with most things...spreadsheet is pretty telling on how important rolling high on STR and WSdmg is for Fudo, although vitally important in getting some amount of acc and atk for higher level targets.

Also still whiffing a lot on Omen bosses, so I think I might just have to make an Amano as well :(
By Aviagalka 2017-02-15 12:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok a couple questions if anyone wants to help. This is my current set

ItemSet 349549

What are the next few upgrades that I can get that aren't impossible for 2-4 people to do? Also, what is the best great katana to get until I finish Masamune?
 Asura.Tewfpick
By Asura.Tewfpick 2017-02-15 13:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the income you could get yourself an augmented Oboro weapon. it has +70 accuracy on there at the least. You could work towards the delve earring set for more +accuracy and double attack or get the Mache earrings from the AH. Perhaps the Incursion Necklace from Reisenjima (Sanctity Necklace) for some more +acc. and of course Ginsen from Tenzen.
By Aviagalka 2017-02-15 13:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Oboro weapon better even though it doesn't have the +30 dmg augment available?
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 153 154 155