user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-04-03 16:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll get it eventually just.. not yet
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2014-04-03 16:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I gotta wait for ps4, my PC is old like me.

I may still get it for PS4 (if it really strikes me as good) but I haven't decided yet.
By kasain 2014-04-03 17:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people are unaware but greenman gaming online gaming website has a 20% off coupon for this game. 48 for stand ard 64 for elite. So it is already 20% off. Only good til the 7th though.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/#card
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-04-06 18:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you switch between classes or stuck with your initial pick?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-06 18:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

one class per character
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-06 18:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You enjoying it so far pro?

I'm pretty excited about this one
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-04-06 18:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
one class per character
Thanks , I'll pass on this one. I'm not saying FF makes the best MMO's, but I find it ridiculous others haven't switched to a multi class system.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2014-04-06 19:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda liking it so far, it's got some quirks to it and some minor annoyances (or maybe I just suck still :p.... I keep getting ganked by clusters of mobs when I just want like 1 or 2 ... and get like 3 or 4 >.>)

I really like the fact that I can put Add-ons on it, it makes it a little more customizable.

Feel free to add me @Tyetus
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-06 19:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
You enjoying it so far pro?

I'm pretty excited about this one

yeah I am, quite a lot. I love elder scrolls, and it feels more like an elder scrolls game than an MMO imo.

as far as single class vs multi class, tbh it isn't very difficult to build a second character with a different class. it's actually preferable for this game since there's so many different storylines and paths that you simply can't do with just one character.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-06 21:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Right on , good to know.

I wish my PC wasn't so old >.<
 Carbuncle.Ntwadumela
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ralphy
By Carbuncle.Ntwadumela 2014-04-07 02:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey can anyone confirm if there is a cash shop in the game?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 03:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

there isn't one in the game, no. you can buy a normal edition -> imperial edition upgrade on the website though
 Shiva.Rucks
Server: Shiva
user: Seravolk
By Shiva.Rucks 2014-04-07 06:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gamestop *** up my pre-order and canceled it, so I had to re-order it the other day, and god forbid anything ships in the US on the weekend, so I'll be waiting 'till Tuesday or Wednesday for my game to finally get here.

Other than that, I'm in love with the game. I'm torn between FFXI and ESO now, have to find time for both now. ; ;
[+]
 Fenrir.Tsuji
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2014-04-07 08:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised with such positive responses for the game to be honest, thought it was going to turn out as a flop. I love TES and its setting, so I might join in on the fun once I get a new laptop and the responses remain positive :)
By volkom 2014-04-07 09:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> i'm a lv. 10 dragon knight.

can't decide if i want to upgrade to the digital collectors edition or w/e for the horse or not :|
By Fyyvoaa 2014-04-07 09:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about halfway to 11 now :/ (taking it slow ...)

I ended up doing the upgrade for the CE, I need to root around in those treasure maps cause I heard they can have some nice stuff in them.
By fonewear 2014-04-07 09:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd get it but not worth upgrading my PC to play this. Curious to see how it goes months after launch.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-04-07 12:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you actually played the game you wouldn't be that excited... just a really bland game in general.

If you're a diehard TES fan you might want to give it at least 6 months out of launch before trying it.
By volkom 2014-04-07 13:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm nervous about this game in terms that the addons that come out will kill any level of skill/involvement for things to the point where things become insanely hard/impossible unless you have an addon that tells you everything you need to do/plays the game for you
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [312 days between previous and next post]
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-02-13 13:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

necro! so thoughts on it going f2p? i wanted to play it but never wanted to fork out 15/month for it. Is it worth the $60 after it goes f2p in march? Anyone thats playing it now/still?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-13 14:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No, its not worth 60 dollars as a Buy-to-Play. Its really not worth playing at all.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [99 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-23 15:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.

Is there anyone on this forum that actually play this game currently? I've wanted to try it since before it was released, but a lot of negative reviews (plus it being a tad expensive) made me reconsider. However, I'm still curious about it and would like to hear from people who play it or played it for a while.

Something more than just "no it's not worth it" would be nice though - if you don't think it's worth it, please tell me why. Other than that, I'm interested in hearing people's opinions, both good and bad.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-23 16:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »
Bump.

Is there anyone on this forum that actually play this game currently? I've wanted to try it since before it was released, but a lot of negative reviews (plus it being a tad expensive) made me reconsider. However, I'm still curious about it and would like to hear from people who play it or played it for a while.

Something more than just "no it's not worth it" would be nice though - if you don't think it's worth it, please tell me why. Other than that, I'm interested in hearing people's opinions, both good and bad.

unimaginative combat - Next to nothing to do other than Auto attack really.
no skills
quest markers are aqful
interface is meh
visually not great
combat is poorly constructed.
not even made by the same people who made Elder Scrolls.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-23 16:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, I played the trial after ffxiv 1.0 made me rethink square enix games and it was even worse. Mostly just callbacks to past elder scrolls games within what felt like an indie developed Facebook game.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-24 07:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah, sounds like I'll be wasting my money if I buy this game then. I love the Elder Scrolls games but...hm.
 Asura.Vial
Server: Asura
user: Suture
By Asura.Vial 2015-05-24 07:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty bad. I played it for a month and turned away... so repetitive with the same scenery/questing.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-05-24 08:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.

I played it for a few months after release then quit, so I don't know much about it now since it's been nearly a year. I also didn't make it to lv cap so I have no idea how high lv gameplay works.

The main selling point of the game was the large scale PVP. The questing/lving process is the same as every other MMORPG out there, with better writing and a little bit more exploration. The PVP didn't work for me due to the massive lag, that's why I quit. No point paying for a PVP focused MMORPG and unable to play it because of lag.

If you're into large scale PVP MMO such as Warhammer online, maybe it's worth a try. Otherwise don't expect anything different from other MMO. The missions/quests/character progression is better than most other MMO out there, but IMO it's not good enough to pay monthly fee for them.

IMO, FFXI was(was!) a better MMO.
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-24 08:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ewww, I hate PvP lol.

I thought the game's ftp now though?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-24 09:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ewww, I hate PvP lol.

I thought the game's ftp now though?

buy-to-play, like GW. Still have to foot the upfront cost.