November Update Notes.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » November Update notes.
November Update notes.
First Page 2 3
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-10-25 15:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/37959-Nov.-2013-Version-Update-Information?p=475633#post475633

Figured I'd post a link since I just saw it.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-10-25 15:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for this. November update is going to be a big one!
By Fasaga 2013-10-25 15:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It says they are upgrading artifact armor. Will be interesting to see those sets come back!
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Alternanthera 2013-10-25 16:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Elemosina
Server: Phoenix
user: Elemosina
By Phoenix.Elemosina 2013-10-25 16:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That sucks. I was hoping for AF3 to be updated not AF1; that set is soooo ugly! :(
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-25 16:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The BLU AF1 is boss, but war is terrible lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-10-25 16:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That Nov update is gonna be some thing you can sink your teeth into. :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-10-25 16:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

We have things to update, but we have nothing to kill other than 1 new wildkeeper reive and random battlefields. Battlefields require seals, so that won't happen as often as you'd like. One new wildkeeper isn't much to keep people's attention.

What are we going to do, go kill Tojil for the zillionth time with our newly upgraded af/relic weapons?
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
Server: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2013-10-25 16:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
We have things to update, but we have nothing to kill other than 1 new wildkeeper reive and random battlefields. Battlefields require seals, so that won't happen as often as you'd like. One new wildkeeper isn't much to keep people's attention.

What are we going to do, go kill Tojil for the zillionth time with our newly upgraded af/relic weapons?

only 1 new WKR? i though we had HQ bird and HQ tree Delves coming?
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-10-25 16:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it is two. The developer notes I read on BG used a singular pronoun while the notes linked to on this page uses plural.

In either case, we're not getting more delve this update, else they would have said so.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2013-10-25 17:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be worse, they could say that R/M/E update involves doing trials where Cait Sith has to get the killsh... wait.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2013-10-25 17:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Actually if you go solely off of their update notes and teasers, plurals are used for all instances of Naakuals, WKRs, and areas. Sure, could all be a mistranslation (and considering Kiemdor Piedmont or whatever it was called was the final area listed in the original SoA .dats, it's understandable), but it's silly to act like there will be absolutely nothing to do beyond a single new WKR. We'll be killing the original 3 WKRs again too for their new drops (being upped to content lvl 116), and we'll very likely be grinding something to upgrade that AF and RME.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-10-25 17:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

time to re-aquire all the AF i tossed.

Also getting new 1hr JAs, which will make delve all that much easier.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-10-25 18:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Any theories about what the WKs will be?

Post deleted by User.
By Davorin 2013-10-25 18:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
There is a huge map of adoulin drawn and released before the expansion with achuka tchakka yumcax hurkan on it etc, maybe it has the last 2 or clues as well

I don't have a copy handy

Is this it?

Edit:

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-10-25 19:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this is a theory of mine...

If you look at the Adoulin continent map and mark the areas we currently know...

then look at the picture with the hints on it...

It lines up for the most part. Going by that, if you look at everything I circled, the white thing up near the upside down Achuka and Yumcax is located north of Marjami, where there is a path that dead ends weirdly...

So, since its north, I think its right where the path in Marjami would lead, and I think the snake will be the last of them, dark element, and located somewhere north of the new area, and Mormiar.

The last part of my theory is that SE will possibly make a requirement of WK wins, not necessarily all of them, but at least 1, possibly more, to access the last area. Why? Because we have not been able to access the Airship as of yet in Adoulin, there is a place for it, but we cant enter. My thoughts are that they will make it so we have to get a pass in Adoulin via WK wins in order to use the Airship, and it will be the only method of travel to the new area. There are no openings from Morimar to another area north so far as I know, so unless the new area has one, it makes sense that it would become our method of travel to the final location.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2013-10-25 19:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

you can extrapolate a couple other new things about incoming delve/WKRs too.

delve zones are family based too.
t1 delve nm is always the new monster implimented in that zone
drops will probably build an entire set of 119s

morimar: lizards
t1: matamata
drops: h2h, sword

foret: aquans
t1: cracklaw
drops: dagger, gkt, xbow

ceizak: vermin
t1: twitherym
t2: chapuli
drops: pokearm, axe

yorcia: plantoids
t1: snapweed
boss: yggdtreant
drops: gax, club, head, hands, neck, cape

marjami: birds
t1: tulfaire
boss: waktza (hurkan)
drops: axe, scythe, hat, boot, ammo, grip

'piedmont?': beasts
t1: boarthingy?
boss: whatever that snowy picture thing is on the map

that leaves great sword, katana, staff, gun, bow, possibly shield and instrument for prospective drops between wkr/delveboss 6/7.

that also leaves the seventh family, out of the main families, amorphs, which already has acuex, umbril(undead?),

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-10-25 20:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Since each one has 2~3 weapons each, I doubt we will see a Shield or Instrument, though they could end up being like the Grip/Cape drops, being counted as sort of accessories I suppose. I don't know that we will see a gun though. The Crossbow is already Marksmanship, and even though it excludes COR, I wouldn't put it past SE to just have the Crossbow, after all, if you go by NQ Delve weapons, we have only a gun and bow, no Crossbow, so its possible the only things we have left are Great Sword, Katana, Staff, and Bow.

A snake being the last should be able to fit the idea of an Amorph as well, though the point about the NMs being fought is a good one, makes sense it could be that too.

The dragon also fits with the idea of the Airship being needed to get to the area, though that picture also opens the idea of there not being a real final area, but rather, a battle on an airship to fight that one, though that's unlikely I think.
By innit 2013-10-25 20:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

"Addition of wildskeeper reives" as in plural, meaning more than one, as in there are 7 Naakual. 5 currently, an additional two. Math isn't hard. No new delve Naakual mentioned in notes, so probably at a later date if the servers are still up then.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2013-10-25 21:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
There is a huge map of adoulin drawn and released before the expansion with achuka tchakka yumcax hurkan on it etc, maybe it has the last 2 or clues as well

I don't have a copy handy

Is this it?

Edit:
there is a lion in there i noticed i saw it in a mission CS for adoulin also

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-10-25 21:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully monthly updates in conjunction with the shift back to horizontal progression will help us out in terms of the content issue.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-10-25 21:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Hopefully monthly updates in conjunction with the shift back to horizontal progression will help us out in terms of the content issue.

Should with how they are addressing it. They already realized the value of monstrosity. So that should receive updates at least in terms of species added every month.

If I had to guess I think they realized they forgot the value content/time sink (not negatively speaking) of simple things like BCNMs. There should be a few pieces from the revamped BCNMs to go along with existing gear.

With AF and REM adjustments I can see them getting people back into Limbus, Salvage, Dynamis, Einherjar, Nyzul, blah blah, again. In one swoop we should have options again.
it depend on what the stats will be on r/e/m weapons
[+]
First Page 2 3