Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-04 22:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

To suck or not to suck, that is the question every Bioware Fan has asked themselves since Dragon Age 2.

Cautious optimism is how I have approached the game. Back in the E3 days, aside from yammering on about a potential Fallout 4 announcement I was really looking forward to hearing about Dragon Age. Alas, the E3 announcement was little more than an out-of-context cinematic with all the weight of an eggy fart.

Anyway, I'll probably keep posting random updates as they trickle in over the year long countdown to release. (Q3 2014), though that might be compromised when Destiny comes out and I bloat to the size of one of Neptune's larger moons and can't be bothered to press a single button to switch my monitor from HDMI1 to HDMI2.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-09-04 23:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not worried about this game not being good, Bioware is obviously putting everything into it with the Frostbite engine so I'm sure it will be outstanding, allowing us to forget DA2. Morrigan not being a party member however, is a letdown. If she is just going to fill the role of Flemeth, thats lame.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-05 00:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's letting us forget Dragon Age 2, the events of that game are still cannonical, and if you didn't play it, Dragon Age: Keep will let you resolve some of the more important plot points of DA2 so you still have your own World Narrative. My DA: O saves are on PC, and my broke *** will probably be stuck playing PS4 Inquisition, so I'll even have to use Keep for my choices in Origins, if I can even remember them.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-09-05 00:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon age and dragon age 2 both sucked, take some notes from ff12 gambit system and maybe I'll give it a chance. I doubt it though
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-05 00:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you even play Dragon Age: Origins? It pretty much ripped off the Gambit system... Except Origins starts you off with all the command lines.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-09-05 00:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My son bought it for me for my birthday, the only reason I played as much as I did was a 9 year old guilt tripping me about a gift.. It came no where near ff12. But hey, different strokes for different folks lol, lots of ppl enjoyed it.. Just chiming in my opinion.
By daemun 2013-09-05 00:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like they took come combat enter/exit ideas from Dragon's Dogma. Wise choice, as nearly every Fantasy/Medieval based RPG could learn a thing or two from it.

Will likely pick this up, if it shows up on PS4s doorstep
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-05 00:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
My son bought it for me for my birthday, the only reason I played as much as I did was a 9 year old guilt tripping me about a gift.. It came no where near ff12. But hey, different strokes for different folks lol, lots of ppl enjoyed it.. Just chiming in my opinion.

It's not your opinion I have issues with... You can like whatever game you want, I'm just really confused about the whole "Learn from FFXII's Gambit system" when it was literally as copy-paste as you can get outside of legal ramifications.

Like, what's different about it? I happen to agree that FFXII was overall a better game (Except when it came to writing) so you don't really have to worry about convincing me of anything.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-09-05 01:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel that I never had any issues with 12, It felt like the npc pt members did Exactly what I wanted them to do. Where as DA they were constantly pissing me off
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-05 01:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure "Attack" is always at the bottom of the stack...

Seriously, I thought Dragon Age: Origins pulled off their Party AI as flawlessly as it could have been, once you understand how to manipulate it. Being able to essentially program your AI party to do things like deliver AOE if they're surrounded by a specified number of enemies, or a High-Crit and Low acc attack when the enemy is incapacitated (Giving a higher To-Hit Roll) was amazing. A With real skill, you could even get enemies to excecute the various magic combos and Skill chain-like abilities that were critical on Nightmare difficulty.

If you were on the Xbox360... Maybe they gave less processor time to the AI on that version? I just never had any issue with party AI that wasn't self-inflicted on PC.

Dragon Age 2 I have only watched... I can't really say anything about it other than writing and aesthetics.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-05 20:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything you need to know about The Dragon Age Keep.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-15 06:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

PAX Prime Sneakycam Leak. Forgive the low quality and cackling harpy in the background. Definitely worth trudging through it.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [219 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 14:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, October, I hope its good, since the Witcher 3 got delayed, this is the only current gen WRPG coming out in 2014.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-22 14:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually in the process of making a thorough update to this. It's obviously a game I've been following very closely, both as a fan of the setting and Origins, and a huge detractor of Dragon Age 2. Inquisition is kind of a redefinition of the series.

I'll say real fast that I didn't think DA2 was a poor game, it was just a huge directional shift away from pretty much everything I liked about DA:O. Feeling more like Mass Effect (Which I love, but we don't need two with just different settings)

Anyway, I do have a bit of a more obscure video I'd like to share. Bioware is kind of legendary when it comes to transparency, and if anything gives me appreciation for the studio, its that. If you frequent the forums, you'll see people like David Gaider and Allan Schumacher commenting on everything from intense technical questions, to fun threads like the epic DHMG thread. (Dramatic Hands Mustache Guy)

From PAXEAST 2014 (Just a couple weeks ago)

YouTube Video Placeholder

Also here's the box art, better than Bioware's usual fare, but certainly no Dark Souls II or Elder Scrolls.

[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-22 14:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Fixed video above.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 14:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DA:2 has been disavowed. We don't recognize its existence at all.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-22 14:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Characters are the most important part of any Bioware game, this is obviously the most important shot.

From Left to Right

Cullen, Vivienne*, Varric*, Cole*(?Debatable), Solas*, Cassandra*, The Inquisitor/Player Character, Iron Bull*, Dorian*, Leliana, Sera*, Unkown(No Name), Unnamed Grey Warden*.

Asterisk marks a Party companion.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 14:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

When they said Morrigan wasn't going to be a party member my excitement for the game pretty much dropped by 50%.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-22 14:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not overly fond of the Mages they have right now. Though I don't know much about Solas, and even less about Dorian. (Formerly known as Dramatic Hands Mustache Guy). Since they tend to be an integral part of the party, not having one I enjoy is pretty serious.

Dorian might be cool though, he's a former Tevinter Magister, and if you know anything about the DA universe, you know that Tevinter is a Magocracy, where the mages are in absolute power. It'd be an interesting perspective from Persecuted-Apostate/Apologetic Elitist.

The official site has also been updated, and the most interesting piece of information is the Class Specializations.

Three are given official descriptions.

The Warrior Specialization Champion, which seems to be the primary tanking class. The Rogue Specialization Artificer, which will function as an Engineer utilization traps and devices. Finally, Mage has Knight Enchanter, which I assume will be a Melee-Magic Hybrid.

Undisclosed Specializations are;

Warrior: Templar and Reaver
Rogue: Assassin and Tempest
Mage: Necromancer and Rift Mage.

The most notable omission is Blood Mage, but I have it on good authority that Blood Magic will be more prominently featured than a simple "Specialization" would allow. Larger Story ramifications and all that jazz.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-22 14:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I would play this game . . .

And probably enjoy it.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-22 18:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna know where my baby is from DA:O.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-22 18:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen quite a few topics explode on just the handful of gaming related sites I visit, I figured I'd nip this in the bud here (Again technically).

There are no direct Imports to Dragon Age: Inquisition. So platform choice is based on what you have, and what you prefer playing on. That said, you can use an App (Currently in limited Alpha) called The Dragon Age Keep, which will essentially function as an interactive storybook that allows players to set and save a World State, and import that to Dragon Age: Inquisition. If you're familiar with Mass Effect: Genesis, it's conceptually similar.

You'll need an Origin account (But not the Origin Client unless you play on PC) to sync with the EA clouds and upload-Download your saved World States.

This is all optional, a default canon will be provided much the same way Mass Effect 2/3 has a Canon for non imports.

The Keep will probably be available in late Summer.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-22 18:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably for the better, I don't think my last playthrough was quite the ending I wanted.

I need to play through again though at some point, I still haven't gotten the achievement for kill 1000 darkspawn because of that bug, I just haven't taken the time to play through on a fresh install without connecting to the servers at all.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 18:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did you have to drag this thread down by mentioning EA and Origin?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-22 18:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Why did you have to drag this thread down by mentioning EA and Origin?

Sorry, I'm a consumer advocate at heart, so I'll mention anything bad too. Origin isn't the poison it was before, but it's still the equivalent of PC Herpes.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-24 00:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Brienne of Tarth in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I thought it was a cool bit of news, Brienne quickly became one of my favorite characters in GoT thanks in no small part to Gwendoline's handling of the character. How that talent translates to VO work remains to be seen.

Dead Link last I checked, but here's a screen capture. (Not mine personally)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-28 16:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Old but important Information I neglected to put up somehow:
A good look at almost all the Playable Races. Untextured in-engine Renders.

(Left)Elf, (Middle)Human, (Right)Dwarf, Missing: Qunari.

A better Look at two of the races.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-05-13 16:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Collector's Edition. Comming in at a whopping $170.00 USD, the package is certainly impressive, if excessive.

ElitePinecone said:
Dragon Age Inquisition Collector's Edition Includes:

• Highly detailed exclusive Inquisitor Collector's Edition case produced by TriForce measures approximately 3.5" x 7.5" x 11.5"

• The case is individually wrapped in faux reptile skin, has the mark of the Inquisitor stamped on top in gold foil, and the interior is fitted with and imprinted red silk.

• Cloth map of Thedas drawn to scale measuring approximately 14" x 17"

• 72 card Major and Minor Arcana tarot card deck with custom artwork depicting mythology and mysticism from Dragon Age lore.

• Inquisitor full scale six tool lock pick set

• One set of four full scale map markers each approximately measuring 3.5" x 2.5" x 3"

• Inquisitor's Badge

• Inquisitor Badge

• Quill and Inkpot

• 40-page Inquisitor's Journal

• Orlesian Coins

• Limited edition SteelBook case

For those uninterested in shelling out an extra Benjamin for a bunch of goofy ***, the Digital Deluxe is Available on Origin. All Pre-orders get the Flames of the Inquisition bonuses (Physical and origin pre-orders), but no other extras. I don't think there's going to be a Physical version that will include the DDE items.

By fonewear 2014-05-13 18:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

170 bucks yea I'll pass on that.
First Page 2 3 4 5