FFXIV
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-09-05 02:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So 7 days (p.s., you don't pay for 7 day chunks of game time, so the most they're doing is delaying their chunk of 30~180 day subscription fee income). Let's assume 500,000 people actually stay to pay their subs and they're all not legacy, which obviously isn't the case, we're talking about $3.83 per person for a total of $1,690,000; a drop in the bucket compared to the overall value ($7,500,000) and the value of the amount of subscribers that they'll be "saving" from not paying at all over the course of several months/possibly years by one simple move of trust. Business isn't all about getting your money and making a run for it as fast as possible, if you want to maintain a long running, successful flow of subscription revenue then you want to build up as much trust and faith as you possibly can to get people to give and continue giving you their money. It's good press in the midst of a sea of bad press as well as a good effort to tell their costumers "yeah, we're not going to *** you over, please stay and give us your cash".

Pretty sure buying an entire new set server hardware and paying technicians extra hours to install them (potentially losing subscriptions due to not getting free time like people have been demanding) like you're suggesting would cost more than it would to just give us our 7 days and sort out the issues with their existing hardware since server hardware and man hours aren't exactly cheap, and losing potential revenue is a horrible thing for any business. They may be losing a small bit of possible projected income, but they'll be saving more in the longrun if they continue to act right by us, the consumers.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-05 04:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Just because another game also has a boring low level pace doesn't excuse FFXIV for having one too.

"Pleeeeease", that would be us asking you to think before posting this kind of stuff.
It looks like you have an inability to contextualize. Afania is comparing the two games all the time along the lines of "Ew FFXIV does that but at least XI did this instead". She is like a hardcore version of Draylo when it comes to downplaying 14.

And btw I'm neither a white nor a black knight of the game. I only play 11 and move critiques to both games cause purrfection cannot exist.

If the low leveling were to be faster there'd still be people unsatisfied with it because they'd feel exploring/hunting low level areas is worthless.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-05 06:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like you people havent been in a fate party leveling is a lot quicker if you do them. Every players actions in a fate party will count towards your exp total I joined a fate that pt members were already in casted ruin on the mob it died and got capped exp. The lower level dungeons are easy they are designed for low level players the higher you go though the harder they get id like to see someone conplain about Amdapor keep saying its too easy. Same goes for primals Ifrit hard isnt too bad Garuda Hard though is a pain in the arse im not sure about Titan hard I havent got up to that yet.

With the exploring low level areas when you are higher level you get % based exp every time you find a new location 2337 at level 46 or 47 23370 for completely mapping an area. Quest hubs do become smaller at higher levels so mapping and joining a fate party are alot more important. I hit level 50 last monday and skill curve has increased a lot.

That comment about taking 6 clicks of the highest dmg ability on GLD you are a tank you do low damage deal with it or level a DD (drg mnk smn brd). Using an under leveled weapon and gear doesnt help either if you are level 21 you will be wanting level 20 gear from halatali.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2013-09-05 09:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
...level a DD (drg mnk smn brd)...

I've stayed outta the FFXIV loopwhole, don't want to end up dedicating more time to another MMO for the foreseeable future, but what is that nugget? Brd and Smn are actually DDs?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-05 10:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Just because another game also has a boring low level pace doesn't excuse FFXIV for having one too.

"Pleeeeease", that would be us asking you to think before posting this kind of stuff.
It looks like you have an inability to contextualize. Afania is comparing the two games all the time along the lines of "Ew FFXIV does that but at least XI did this instead". She is like a hardcore version of Draylo when it comes to downplaying 14.

And btw I'm neither a white nor a black knight of the game. I only play 11 and move critiques to both games cause purrfection cannot exist.

When'd I ever go "XI has this and XIV has this, awwwwww 14 sucked because it's not 11"?, you probably missed it when I said XI low lv is slower than 14?

And I love the fact that I mentioned I disagree with 2.5 sec GCD (which is like No.1 negative opinion on NA MMO community besides 1017), and automatically labelled as 14 hater. You see me say anything else negative about 14 gameplay, besides 2.5 sec GCD?

Quote:
, I can't comment on GW2, but if you really think this game is slower than tera's initial beginner island *** than you are just trolling.

In this thread I see ppl bashing XI, Tera, SWTOR, and (subtly) Rift for XIV, waiting for inc GW2, WoW, EQ 1/2/N, Ultima online, Hello kitty online, Lineage, Maple story bash :)
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-09-05 10:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a joke. Who the hell is complaining about a 2.5 sec GCD besides you? "Ohmagah I gotta wait like a whole 'nother second before I can use my ability. /rageQuit". It's one effing second. Stop trolling me bro. There's also gear in this game that reduce GDC. So maybe you should go get that stuff if it's that much of a problem. Plus GW2, WoW, EQ 1/2/N, Ultima online, Hello kitty online, Lineage, Maple story bash need to go. Ain't nobody got time for that ***. Boring games are boring.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-05 10:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Genesi said: »
This is a joke. Who the hell is complaining about a 2.5 sec GCD besides you?

Maybe time to go out and listen to other player's opinion?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/390163/Beta-Impressions-and-other-thoughts.html

"Right now, it feels very very slow. The archers in the back are just sitting there, and then every 2.5 seconds you see them fire an arrow or two. The Mage just spams Fire or Blizzard. The Conjurer Spams Cure and occasionally throws out Medika. While I (The GLD) am Spamming Fast Blade and Savage Blade, once in a while I'll throw in Shield Lob to pick up a stray patrolling Mob, or I'll spam flash. Other than that, that is the basic gist of combat. It is very slow, which brings me too my next point"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/395796/This-game-doesnt-do-it-for-me.html

Another 2.5 sec GCD hater.

http://www.gamespot.com/final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/forum/lvl-1-20-game-is-horrible-will-it-get-better-29444061/

Another "game too slow" complain.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/395122/Painfully-average.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/395298/Early-Impressions-Flawed-everywhere.html

More "too slow" complain.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/394840/For-Final-Fantasy-fans-only.html

And more combat hate!

There are a lot more, but I don't have patience to dig pages and pages of negative threads, just pulled up a couple on 1st page. And no, I didn't create 20 accounts on major gaming sites just to spread 2.5 sec GCD hate.

Are there positive threads? Yes, but it doesn't mean negative opinion doesn't exist.
By Guuki 2013-09-05 10:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Wasn't dude just referring to you on this site? No ***you can find all sorts of negativity elsewhere, its the internet. You're trying too hard, just stop.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-05 10:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Guuki said: »
^ Wasn't dude just referring to you on this site? No ***you can find all sorts of negativity elsewhere, its the internet. You're trying too hard, just stop.

I see no difference between AH and other gaming site, nor any "you're not allowed to hate 2.5 sec GCD on AH.com" rule, god forbid ppl express their opinion on forums.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-09-05 10:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ff14 slow? haha i remember ls friends reaching lvl 50 smn in less than a week, and the combat system is really good
 Lakshmi.Zaps
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2013-09-05 12:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »
...level a DD (drg mnk smn brd)...

I've stayed outta the FFXIV loopwhole, don't want to end up dedicating more time to another MMO for the foreseeable future, but what is that nugget? Brd and Smn are actually DDs?

Yup!

I cant speak for smn, but bard has a few songs they can sing that slowly eat your mp. These songs do an mp or a tp refresh at the cost of the bards mp, and a 20% cut in damage.

So far in playing the songs were basically useless outside of big boss fights. So yes, bard is a DD!
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-09-06 00:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Every game has a flaw. No game is perfect. As long as you have fun with it, none of that should matter.

If you don't have fun with FFXIV, don't play. It's that simple. Don't go on a tirade on why it's not "fun" when several others think it is.

Also, the reason why people still compare this to FFXI is because FFXI, even after all these years, is still RELEVANT. It's very rare to see another MMO last that long, and when it does, you know it's predecessor is going to be compared to it. It'll be the same when Blizzard finally decides to release their Project Titan.
Not to mention yes you do compare oblivion to marrow wind especially of the sequel is of lower quality of its predecessor.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-06 00:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Knala said: »
Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Every game has a flaw. No game is perfect. As long as you have fun with it, none of that should matter.

If you don't have fun with FFXIV, don't play. It's that simple. Don't go on a tirade on why it's not "fun" when several others think it is.

Also, the reason why people still compare this to FFXI is because FFXI, even after all these years, is still RELEVANT. It's very rare to see another MMO last that long, and when it does, you know it's predecessor is going to be compared to it. It'll be the same when Blizzard finally decides to release their Project Titan.
Not to mention yes you do compare oblivion to marrow wind especially If you think the sequel is of lower quality of its predecessor.

There is little room in critiquing a game objectively. You could talk about bugs, and perhaps certain aspects of design like economy in objective terms. But virtually everything else is a subjective opinion based on its appeal to you and your peers.

Speaking of critical review, FFXIV has actually been faring pretty well, I can't help but feel they got a mulligan though! If every game that scored a Meta of 5.0 or below got another free try...
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-09-06 03:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i met some of THE MOST DUMBEST *** in an instance ever.

Apparently you are supposed to spam one AoE move every time the GCD allows you before the tank can establish hate. Also, youre supposed to spam the highest cure possible...every time...when the tank has no hate. But im the bad, they were SO PRO OMGAWD!
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-06 04:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, DPS is all that matters when you're diagnosed with clinical micropenis.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-09-06 04:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
To be fair, DPS is all that matters when you're diagnosed with clinical micropenis.
well, i dont care if your penis is .1x.1 theres no excuse to call me a bad when im just sitting here at hate cap with you kiting aroudn a mob cause youre spamming Quick Nock as soon as its up.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-09-06 04:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. The only thing that kinda disappoints me is that I blacked myself out on info about FFXIV for the most part after 1.0 nearly gave me cancer, and they decided to remove the original idea behind the Armory system, which was more of a "here's a bunch of basic abilities across these 7 classes, mix and match these abilties along with smart allocation of stat/element points and come up with your own class." I also kinda liked the interconnectivity between crafting in 1.0. Basically these two things reminded me a lot of UO, and nobody's made an MMO like that since...erm...UO.

Now it's basically just "Archer? Put errything into DEX." Why even give stat points, heh.
By Enuyasha 2013-09-06 04:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. The only thing that kinda disappoints me is that I blacked myself out on info about FFXIV for the most part after 1.0 nearly gave me cancer, and they decided to remove the original idea behind the Armory system, which was more of a "here's a bunch of basic abilities across these 7 classes, mix and match these abilties along with smart allocation of stat/element points and come up with your own class." I also kinda liked the interconnectivity between crafting in 1.0. Basically these two things reminded me a lot of UO, and nobody's made an MMO like that since...erm...UO.

Now it's basically just "Archer? Put errything into DEX." Why even give stat points, heh.
I liked the idea of setting different traits too...but i guess that got broken fast.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-06 05:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you respec spent attribute points? I forgot if that was even in 1.0.

The way you describe how leveling works, it seems like BLU from FFXI in some ways, but obviously with less of a singular class restriction and bumbling *** when it comes to actually picking traits-abilities.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-09-06 05:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yes you can. 10,000 company seals buys you a respec item
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-06 07:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

Apparently you are supposed to spam one AoE move every time the GCD allows you before the tank can establish hate. Also, youre supposed to spam the highest cure possible...every time...when the tank has no hate. But im the bad, they were SO PRO OMGAWD!
Both pld and war have the tools at their disposal that DDs should not have to hold back at the start of fights in most cases. The only times would be if you are pulling mobs away from somewhere and thus hadn't hit anything yet or if the tank is very behind in gear.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-09-06 10:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
well, i dont care if your penis is .1x.1 theres no excuse to call me a bad when im just sitting here at hate cap with you kiting aroudn a mob cause youre spamming Quick Nock as soon as its up.

Only Quick Nock when there's large amount of easy to kill adds. That's my philosophy. Other than that, the button never gets used. At least it SHOULDN'T.

Asura.Ina said: »

Both pld and war have the tools at their disposal that DDs should not have to hold back at the start of fights in most cases. The only times would be if you are pulling mobs away from somewhere and thus hadn't hit anything yet or if the tank is very behind in gear.

I've been guilty of pulling hate a few times with ARC and having to tank. But when it happens I have a horrible tank that runs around the monster constantly or my main tank I go with is having PS3 issues. Usually turning around and using Repelling Shot to get back to the tank so they can get hate does the trick. Takes some running around and planning, but I will say I've been having so much fun with ARC and now BRD. Have yet to use Mage's Ballad, but there's a time for everything.

Thinking about leveling I think Gladiator? (whichever one digivoles into Warrior) as a tank job. I don't think I can do healing on this game after XI, but we'll see.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-09-06 10:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Healer in this game is pretty fun if you like some responsibility. You have to move around, babysit DD, keep eyes on the tank and you can deal some damage in between.

It's a whole different world from XI. I did get pretty pissed on healer when I got knocked off Titans arena due to latency though. Thats pretty much the end of the run and you know everyone was counting on you.
By Elijahwon 2013-09-06 10:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can say is they did good with this one. Enjoying the game very much, I have not read above comments just adding what I thought. Try it or don't, but you will miss out especially if you enjoyed ffxi since release. Those folks will really appreciate this, but square made this a game for just about anyone. Again well done!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-06 10:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

It's easy to pull hate when you don't attack anything in order. After I tell them a few times to attack my marked targets, I just let them die. My healers usually get the hint by then too.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-09-06 11:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Healer in this game is pretty fun if you like some responsibility. You have to move around, babysit DD, keep eyes on the tank and you can deal some damage in between.

It's a whole different world from XI. I did get pretty pissed on healer when I got knocked off Titans arena due to latency though. Thats pretty much the end of the run and you know everyone was counting on you.
I did plenty of healing in XI, so it's nice to change it up and be a DD and possibly a tank in this game. We'll have to see, lol.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-09-06 14:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Elijahwon said: »
All I can say is they did good with this one. Enjoying the game very much, I have not read above comments just adding what I thought. Try it or don't, but you will miss out especially if you enjoyed ffxi since release. Those folks will really appreciate this, but square made this a game for just about anyone. Again well done!
 Asura.Alucardr
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2013-09-06 16:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow combat system and a bland story+characters makes FF14 just another strong candidate for a F2P model. Might take 6 months, maybe more like Rift, but its too shallow to keep people subscribing after the freshness is over.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-06 17:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine it's Marauder that turns into Warrior, not Gladiator.

Is there any advantage to not going for what I'd call the "Prestige" class? IE: Dragoon from Lancer, Warrior from Marauder, Paladin from Gladiator. I haven't found a good description of how that whole system works, if basically your Archer is forever a Bard once you take that path or something.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8