Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Fairy.Spence said: »
Asura.Dameshi said: »
I am no longer Meshi. I am only mugs.

Did I smell smoked meat??
/wave
If you did, I hope you actually have smoked meat nearby. Otherwise you may want to seek medical attention.

Well I don't see any meat... Thia is troubling
GET THIS MAN SOME MEAT!

I have a syringe and some bacon grease ready
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-22 13:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I smell smoked meat??

it's another chinese wednesday miracle!!!! hurray!

[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-22 17:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-03-22 17:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ooo CinemaSins is awesome!
[+]
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-22 18:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Chu Chu said: »
ooo CinemaSins is awesome!
i love watching films i wouldnt see otherwise with them.
lol @ 50 shades of grey
[+]
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-23 09:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-23 10:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Note to self: Having a Depressive Bipolar person and a Depressed person in the same home is a mess. x.x

Can this week just not be a thing?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-23 11:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Note to self: Having a Depressive Bipolar person and a Depressed person in the same home is a mess. x.x Can this week just not be a thing?

No. And I need you to suffer even more... because suddenly this week is turning out awesome for me!

My son Nik, who our character is named after, who has been a long haul truck driver for a year just got a job close to home and he's on his way home!!!!

HIT IT JOHNNY PAYCHECK!!!!

we've only been able to see him once every three months over the last year and that sucks yack balls.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-23 11:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That understandable, I know the pain of having a family member in the trucking business.

***'s hard on families.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
Server: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-23 11:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Note to self: Having a Depressive Bipolar person and a Depressed person in the same home is a mess. x.x

Can this week just not be a thing?

Sounds like you can use an additional roommate, maybe one with crippling anxiety or some sort of dissociative identity disorder

Oh, or maybe someone going through a bit of psychosis
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-23 11:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

***'s hard on families.

Yep.. he finished his team driving/worst routes through snow covered passes/back and forth over bulshit mountain rookie year and now he will be home every day.

so he can do things like shower, eat food not purchased at a truck stop, do laundry, play video games....
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-23 11:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I sent him a text telling him to fight the urge to abandon his current truck and hitchhike home...

he said he had many such thoughts when he passed an airport...

park that *** in the taxi unloading lane and jump on the next flight home lol
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-23 11:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
***'s hard on families.

Yep.. he finished his team driving/worst routes through snow covered passes/back and forth over bulshit mountain rookie year and now he will be home every day.

so he can do things like shower, eat food not purchased at a truck stop, do laundry, play video games....
Luckily by the time I was born Dad had stopped the cross country routes where he'd stay up 48+ hours and drive straight to California or DC without stopping. But having him completely gone for 3/4ths of a week was a nightmare on family life and it probably a good part of the reason my parents separated.

That all aside, back when we could go with him it made for great vacations.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-23 11:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

it probably a good part of the reason my parents separated.

There was a time... not all that long ago really...when woman just sucked it up and took it no matter how shitty things got....most of those women go by the name grandma... /removes hat

But then the mystical oracle of Oprah Winfrey appeared and called *** on all that noise.... she performed several miracles including a plague of bees and then lead women to the promised land of bad divorces, child suppport, and the stark lonliness of reading books in an empty apartment for singles.

now the women are free to say "make your own damn sammich you dirty son of a ***!"

amen
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-23 11:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, to be honest last I knew they were still married. Though they don't live together, barely talk, and both have relationships outside the marriage.

It's... weird...

Basically, Mom still cares about Dad, Dad thinks Mom can't stand him and is annoyed by how she acts(she is one of those "I'm always right until you 100% prove me wrong and even then I'm stubborn enough to try to be right in some form people) and because she didn't trust him on the road(which... well he did do things eventually so I guess part of that is warrented?) sooo basically after I got into college they had a falling out that really amounted to Dad running off to another state because he was "tired of her ***" and Mom going from being devastated to kind of accepting it but still caring for him over the course of... 1-2 years?

I don't know, my family is ***.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-23 12:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

it probably a good part of the reason my parents separated.

There was a time... not all that long ago really...when woman just sucked it up and took it no matter how shitty things got....most of those women go by the name grandma... /removes hat

But then the mystical oracle of Oprah Winfrey appeared and called *** on all that noise.... she performed several miracles including a plague of bees and then lead women to the promised land of bad divorces, child suppport, and the stark lonliness of reading books in an empty apartment for singles.

now the women are free to say "make your own damn sammich you dirty son of a ***!"

amen

Honestly some of the interactions between my grandparents could be really bizarre

It's kind of like at a certain point they decided that it wasn't the best situation, but it's probably too late now to turn back

I know I'm definitely glad my parents separated, I'm sure that splitting up was the best outcome for everyone there
Server: Ultros
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2017-03-23 13:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »

Oh, so this is where I left my sock.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-23 13:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm definitely glad my parents separated,

I wish they would have thought it through more thoroughly before they got hitched...

no offense.

if the no turning back point isn't when you say "I DO"
then what's the *** point?
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-23 13:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, what is so binding about a wedding in the first place? It seems like it's just a way for the government to officially recognize a relationship to me rather than anything permanent...

Maybe marriage is just over my head.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-23 13:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, what is so binding about a wedding in the first place? It seems like it's just a way for the government to officially recognize a relationship to me rather than anything permanent...

Yeah we changed it from an unbreakable sacred union sanctified by god to a temporary state of cohabitation so you can both apply for a home loan together...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-23 13:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Before that it was a formal consolidation of two powerful families becoming one. Akin to a corporate merger.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-23 13:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Before that it was a formal consolidation of two powerful families becoming one. Akin to a corporate merger.

I should ask my son's girlfriend's father what kind of dowry she is packing in her hope chest... I could really use a new donkey
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-23 13:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we changed it from an unbreakable sacred union sanctified by god to a temporary state of cohabitation so you can both apply for a home loan together...
So it's purely religiously significant to you?

This doesn't really make its purpose hold up that well, a "simple" changing of one person's spiritual belief would essentially break the "contract" because you'd essentially be under new management.

Marriage is just kind of weird for anything besides
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
This.

And since marriage of that kind isn't as commonplace in normal society... Yea, seems weird.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-23 13:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm definitely glad my parents separated,

I wish they would have thought it through more thoroughly before they got hitched...

no offense.

if the no turning back point isn't when you say "I DO"
then what's the *** point?

I'm technically a ***... So... I guess they were never hitched in the first place

I mean to be fair isn't marriage what the (likely)two people in love make of it?

To one couple it's a union sanctified by god, but to others it could be a way to show their commitment or love for each other, and to others it could be just because "it's the right time"

I would honestly rather a married couple who finds it's not meant to be get a divorce instead of leading to a potential situation where no one is happy

Obviously a relationship goes through ups and downs, but if it's always downs then married or not eventually something has got to give. That and things happen, and people change. The lerson you married last year may not really be exactly the same perspn, I find this to be the case more often in the (idiotic to me) situations where two people decide to get married at 18
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-23 13:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Humans and their relationships are in such a constant state of change it's really weird that we attempt to bind either into some kind of contracted commitment.

But another cause of higher divorce rates may be because we live longer these days than before... when you only have to spend 10-20 years with your spouse compared to 30-50+ I feel like that really changes the commitment level.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-23 13:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, in some cultures people have their marriages arranged and sometimes meet only a little while before their marriage

Marriage isn't a simple thing summed up to one group of peoples' beliefs. It's done in different ways and for different reasons
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-23 13:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, in some cultures people have their marriages arranged and sometimes meet only a little while before their marriage

Marriage isn't a simple thing summed up to one group of peoples' beliefs. It's done in different ways and for different reasons
Exactly, trying to argue that marriage should be incredibly sacred to everyone is ridiculous given all the different reasons there are for a marriage occurring.

Marriage isn't a simple "these people are in love and want to show their devotion," Marriage is closer to "these people are somehow mutually beneficial to each other(or their families) as a unit for x reason."
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-03-23 13:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

All relationships should start with marriage instead of it being the ultimate goal. Think about how much money you'd both save in taxes.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-23 13:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's purely religiously significant to you?

No. there are no loopholes in my marraige. I think it's a either promise that can't be broken. or you just shouldn't do it. In a weird your word is your bond and if you don't keeo your word you aren't a man type of deal.

when you think about, in a "traditional wedding" you make a promise to your wife, her father, the rest of her family, all of your family and everyone else you invited which may or may not include "god"

not to be a douchebag

you're going to love honor and cherish her until you die no matter what.

and sure, that can mean different things to different people so you should probably lay out all the ground rules beforehand so everyone has a clear understanding of the deal
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-23 13:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I guess technically you can sort of just get "married" without going to the government and what not (at least in the states) you just don't get some of the benefits that might come with being seen as officially married by the government

Unless, is there some sort of trouble you can get into for getting unofficially married (unofficially at least to the government)
First Page 2 3 ... 18299 18300 18301 ... 18549 18550 18551