By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-09-01 12:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone rub the belly~

*ducks behind the couch*
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 12:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Ehhh...It's really only retirement age women who get the notion to get touchy-feely or casually make conversation about it. I can allot a little sympathy in that respect. It bothered me the first time, but not that much anymore. I can't be snappy or rude to someone who is my senior either.

I feel like this makes it even worse. They should know better. It's like they're passing on a terrible tradition just because it was done to them, and that's wrong.

I mean, it's not as bad as the way Chinese women bound their daughters feet because it was done to them, but it's still not good.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 12:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
/doodles bears on her belly

And that's how we got the rug, my boy.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 12:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I wanna rub Zahrah's belly for good luck!

You're not a fifty, sixty or seventy-year-old!

I'm curious what age range ranks as creepy. Like, little kids get a pass, right, just from curiosity? And old people, just as a matter of respect.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-09-01 13:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Ehhh...It's really only retirement age women who get the notion to get touchy-feely or casually make conversation about it. I can allot a little sympathy in that respect. It bothered me the first time, but not that much anymore. I can't be snappy or rude to someone who is my senior either.

I feel like this makes it even worse. They should know better. It's like they're passing on a terrible tradition just because it was done to them, and that's wrong.

I mean, it's not as bad as the way Chinese women bound their daughters feet because it was done to them, but it's still not good.

Who's to say it will continue? There's not many in the Gen X early Y that will try to pull that with strangers, just from my observations.

If someone looks like a septuagenarian or older, I'm definitely not going to shrug them off because I have no way of knowing if they're going home to an empty house or their spouse is in a urn or casket. If they want to reminisce, I'm not going to be an *** about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 13:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If they want to reminisce, I'm not going to be an *** about it.

I maintain rude is rude. Getting old doesn't give you a pass to be creepy and make others uncomfortable.

But again. That's only one small piece of a multi-faceted issue and a reason my wife and I have chosen the path we have.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-09-01 13:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh. I think we have different evaluations of what is rude and how the weight is being applied here. It's only creepy if that's your initial perception of it and don't take into consideration why a particular person might have a doughy reaction about it. It's not as invasive as some people like to make it sound.

Empty-nesters and retirees.

Also, something...something...American throw-away culture.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-01 13:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

haters gonna hate, hate, hate.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-01 13:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

PARKER EDIT:

I probably shouldn't post anything anywhere for a while, but you can!

Where has Nik been lately?

so long story. 1.) busy and 2.) even though I have this checked

" Check this to disable all email notifications
This will overide other settings and will be effective on future notification options."

ban mod, who shall remain nameless, sent me two emails....

I caught the first one but the second one came in over the weekend and work is all what's all this about then!?"

which is nobody's fault but my own since I stupidly have my account connected to my work email.... so I need to fix that but quite frankly it's pretty low on my list of priorities since I will probably make it one or maybe two more posts before I say something that breaks the new "Hostility Laws"

"Please do not insult other users. This brings unwanted drama that can spiral a thread out of a control which can lead to a derail. If you can't say something nice, don't post."

If PARKER's numbers are accurate four of my last ten thousand posts or so would be deemed "nice" enough to clear the bar... and those were music video posts PARKER made with no words.....

Odin.Jassik said: »
Some measure of fairness has to be maintained. What good are rules if they aren't enforced? Still, I have a feeling people's responses to moderation are more important than the cause for moderation, at least when bans are handed out.

well your feelings are wrong and you should feel bad for posting them! 4spence!!!.

responses didn't have anything at all to do with it. mods gotta do what mods gotta do. we all know it and we all accept it by posting here.

but there is no fairness and there never will be any.
the rules are interpreted and applied on a mod by mod basis and as long as the mods are people, interpersonal biases will direct their actions. it's the way it has always been and the way it always will be. amen.

anything that anyone posts to anyone else can be considered insulting. but since I am handicapped, in that I am EVIL, pretty much everything I post is hostile so.... why bother?

right and so this past week I have been popping in and kicking back watching a couple of posters "skirt the new rules" shall we say and if you ever watched two MMA fighters spend the entire fight feeling each other out in a stand up match that never goes anywhere...they bait and goad each other and dance around and hesitantly poke jabs at each other but neither one ever connects solidly and it's boring!

I gotta be me..... and there is no spell checker for hostility yet /stares at rooks /adds "hostility checker" to his todo list

so yeah until rooks fixes that I will probably get banned forever sooner rather than later, which is fine, but I would like to keep this job until I find another one so I should probably hold off on posting in the forums until I get the email notification thing turned more off? or switched around... so until then

Ado,
Nik
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-01 14:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

well that sucks.

A forum without Niko is no forum at all, really.

my anti-email notification button works, just for the record. maybe there's a 'save changes' button you forgot to push? idk.
[+]
By volkom 2015-09-01 14:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-09-01 14:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
well that sucks.

A forum without Niko is no forum at all, really.

my anti-email notification button works, just for the record. maybe there's a 'save changes' button you forgot to push? idk.

Exactly what I was thinking.

And now, a moment of silence for Uncle Porkchop.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 14:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no input or access to moderation, it's not my department, I just go on what I'm told. I'm sorry to hear Nik's not going to be around.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-01 14:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
It's pretty easy for a human adult to function without attacking others, I am confident Nik will be back and at that point just hang out with flavin/zah/mos as friends killing time together etc

The time for role playing on here might be coming to an end and we'll be stuck acting just like our normal human selves.

stfu donny.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-01 14:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I have no input or access to moderation, it's not my department, I just go on what I'm told. I'm sorry to hear Nik's not going to be around.

I'm sure he'll be around, this seems more like a momentary obstacle to me, though, I could be wrong.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-01 14:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
/smacks the old grump hard!

let's meet in northern minnesota for a friendly boxing match...

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 14:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not as invasive as some people like to make it sound.

Agree to disagree, but if I went around touching people I thought I were adorable or cute -- even in an innocent, non-sexual fashion -- I'd be justifiably restrained by officers of the law eventually.

We teach kids to keep their hands to themselves and I don't think being old and sentimental makes it okay to throw that to the wind.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-09-01 14:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

PARKER's numbers are off.

Most posts directed towards The Spath were nice and that adds up to a lot more than 4. :3
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-09-01 14:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree to disagree, but if I went around touching people I thought I were adorable or cute -- even in an innocent, non-sexual fashion -- I'd be justifiably restrained by officers of the law eventually.

We teach kids to keep their hands to themselves and I don't think being old and sentimental makes it okay to throw that to the wind.

I can totally see why men are hands off unless there's a good level of familiarity. That's treading dangerous territory, unfortunately.

People really aren't that damn handsy. Only older ladies. Mostly casual conversation and small talk about their experiences.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 14:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I can totally see why men are hands off unless there's a good level of familiarity. That's treading dangerous territory, unfortunately.

People really aren't that damn handsy. Only older ladies. Mostly casual conversation and small talk about their experiences.

I suspect this is a topic where your point of view depends largely upon those around you and experiences you've had.

Mirny works somewhere that it is a regularly occurrence with any pregnant woman that seemingly every other woman in the building thinks it's just fine to interact as they see fit, including physically, and many of the people in her family and mine are the same.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-09-01 14:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll see why emails aren't respecting that configuration option. I haven't touched that code but you never know why things might break.

I have a hostility checker! It's a hardcoded list of user ids, though, so that's probably not super useful for your purposes.
[+]
By volkom 2015-09-01 14:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a passive aggressive checker?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17628 17629 17630 ... 18549 18550 18551